IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

Circular Reasoning with Gwen:

You can also find what God wants by watching people live out the Word of God. Yes, one of the best ways to visualize this relationship with God is to spend a day in the life of someone Spirit-led and fully devoted to God alone.

You can find out what God wants by looking at someone who is doing what God wants, but you must know what God wants before you can tell  who is doing it.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32677-gwen-shamblin-lara-9-perfecting-hypocrisy/?do=findComment&comment=1828093

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

You must always do what is right and obey God by not eating from the tree of knowledge, but you won’t know right from wrong until you eat from the tree of knowledge. The bible is god’s truth because the bible says it is god’s truth. 

• Upvote 7

On 11/19/2020 at 12:52 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

BTW - I put "least amount of calories needed to survive" into google and in the "people also ask" box the 4th question was "Can you survive on 300 calories a day?" Seriously. 

I clicked through on 300 (no - medical source), 500 (no - medical source) and 600 (yes, try our fantastic plan to a healthier life! Not a medical source.) There is unsurprisingly a lot of misinformation out there.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:30 AM, AmazonGrace said:

God is a Whatever-Gwen-Wants-Aton

Basically God is Gwen's personal ATM.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

On 11/7/2020 at 5:49 PM, Marmion said:

I completely agree with you , in regards to the first sentence .  As I pointed out earlier in this thread , Gwen seemingly believes that the flesh is at odds with the Spirit of God .  As to the latter sentence , from what I have learned here , from those whom have left Remnant Fellowship , her Christology is along the lines of adoptionism / subordinationism .  { https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adoptionism  ,  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subordinationism }  Ebionitism is more so characteristic of biblical unitarianism . { https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebionites , 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_unitarianism }  

If you want to assess Gwen's warped teaching rigorously by orthodox Christian theology, you are of course correct when you point out her subordinationism in regards to the deity of Christ. However, other aspects of a more inclusive view of Remnant teaching include the observations about them being like the early Ebionites, a neo-gnostic Judaizing sect of the first and second centuries who emphasized the keeping of the law, a fascination with the ancient Jewish preoccupation with the temple and Jerusalem, and an adoptionist view of Christ that downplayed and denied his deity.

Gwen's theology is as fluid as Lake Michigan in a windstorm. Her views on the flesh vs. spirit paradigm in her spirituality have evolved.   Her dietary teachings begin with a legalistic stipulation of not eating one bite past full  which somehow makes you sinfully rebellious. But you can eat and drink whatever. And the amount of hanky panky that goes on in terms of the carnal in RF society is no different than the "counterfeit" church she decries.  She's the biggest hypocrite of all. I saw a Instagram post in January 2019 she made praising David, her now ex, for being a great husband .. months after she served the divorce papers on him. 

• Thank You 5

On 11/27/2020 at 10:17 PM, Blue said:

Just curious - does anyone have insider information on whether COVID is moving through the cult? Just curious...

No inside scoop, but this is interesting.

https://youtu.be/sH18wB_CQ6I

What they were told they were not being told about the virus.

• Thank You 2

On 11/10/2020 at 9:04 PM, Ozlsn said:

I was just chatting with a friend who has been talking with a lovely lady and somehow they got on to religion. The lady started with "I'm in a church - it's not a cult..." which raised a flag (or ten) and sure enough, it's Remnant Fellowship.  And part of me is going "they're in Melbourne?! Really??" 

And I just had an awesome 30 minutes enlightening my friend in the Ways Of Gwod. Heh.

I even had the "well everything's a cult if you look at the definition" spiel well worked out when I was a member....

On 11/21/2020 at 6:21 PM, FilleMondaine said:

Ok, are their holiday decorations up? Where can I see the (crosses fingers) booming decor?

Spoiler alert: it doesn't change much from year to year. So you'll get pretty good idea looking at old facebook albums

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=remnantfellowship&set=a.1809731652489630

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On 11/4/2020 at 8:40 AM, Xan said:

Thanks for finding the new video, @AmazonGrace.  I'd been wondering what Gwen was up to lately.

This one is "The Blessings and Fun of Self-Denial" although I don't hear her talking about self-denial they way I thought she would.  It seems to be more about putting God in the center and denying yourself as the center of your own life.  I thought it would be about giving up things but maybe Gwenny thinks once you've given up eating, you're good to go.

Gwen is talking about autumn and calls it a "death process" as "we watch these leaves fall".  But it's "so worth it".  "When the leaves fall off, every tree dies a little bit at a time which is very symbolic."   Um, no.   Leaves falling does not mean the tree is dying in any real way.

She is with the teen group and says, if they didn't have God in the center of their lives "they would feel guilty about their life -- they would feel so horrible about their life."  She says they've been using the zip lines and riding the "4-wheels".  "There's mules and there's trails.   There's line dancing.  There's lots of hot dogs all the time and hamburgers and lots of fun."   Translation:  I'm making them have fun without using technology!

So, basically, it's another vacation.  There is a mob of people and no masks to be seen anywhere.  There are a lot of teens but I also spotted toddlers.  I don't see any helmets on anyone in the "4-wheels".  I suppose this is more property owned by RF.  We get to see Gwen dancing in the house with her granddaughter and with Joe.  

New color scheme!  Gwen has added mustard yellow.  At least in the church scene, Elizabeth looks better.  She's still doing the ghost make-up with dark lips but her face is fuller.

I couldn't get a side view of Gwen's lace-up boots but you can tell they're platforms because she's taller than the group of girls.  Where does one even go to purchase platform hiking boots??

Screenshots:

Hide contents

779269283_Screenshot(2001).png.ff3e34cb1188652a951d9e70faea320a.png1769835227_Screenshot(2002).png.0815c735fd4c00ea003472bdd6da551b.png1943516878_Screenshot(2004).thumb.png.07422514c7f3634deafeaf86f669ed70.png1137226953_Screenshot(1999).png.8be09c1237aa2e6e3321e3c1b9badef0.png

Hide contents

411634273_Screenshot(1996).png.d5410f4872b8511c5e31d2e8fea0e6b4.pngScreenshot_(1997).thumb.png.2cb02e8268d1f0a46924ffdb1c65812a.png558517805_Screenshot(2005).png.7d2a9120730f65f04540edb39db7697d.png1014463126_Screenshot(2003).png.212c2e7edb9d02e898bc118186ba01ad.png

Theys all roughin' it alright. Terrible to be so poor.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 9:17 PM, Blue said:

Just curious - does anyone have insider information on whether COVID is moving through the cult? Just curious...

Yes, they had to cancel their summer day camp due to the spread of COVID amongst members. They didn't call it COVID-19 though, referred to it as a "summer cold". 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 8

21 hours ago, Fashion Forward said:

Yes, they had to cancel their summer day camp due to the spread of COVID amongst members. They didn't call it COVID-19 though, referred to it as a "summer cold". 

That's weird - there are tons of pictures of their summer day camp on their Facebook page. 

• Upvote 2

Devotionals have been boring lately. Don't stuff your face when holiday eating and devote yourself to the kingdom of pure love, yadda yadda.  I'm fairly certain we've seen it all before but couldn't be bothered to go and check.

This sentence structure here is so convoluted. This planting of pure love... this usage of this word this sounds like it should have a preceding sentence that this refers to.  Have you tasted charity today? The future holds the most prevailing substance to found an institution on.... what's this substance you're talking about?  God collects best feelings that feel best. Okay.... he wants to get high or something? Is that what the incense is for?  Usually people don't feel the best warm emotions and the worst hateful emotions at the same time anyway so why does God need to sever them? It is the church... what does the word it refer to? It is a heavenly city... what does the word it refer to here? Something something located in the hearts of mankind that is not just in one location... Lady, nobody ever thought that mankind is just in one location.

Spoiler

A Future of Hope and Love

December 09, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

This planting of pure love has just begun. God is taking a piece of Himself—His Spirit—and building a Super Community consisting of charity as we have tasted, but know that what the future holds will be far beyond our imaginings and more formidable than any nation known to man because it is the most prevailing substance to found an institution on, the most powerful substance on Earth.

God is alluring and gathering the beautiful, positive, warm, endearing and delightful emotions that feel best, and severing them from the worst, hateful emotions in the world. It is the Church, the Ecclesia, the Called Out, a Fellowship to commune with one another on Earth…answering the prayer of Christ—His Kingdom is coming, His Will is being done on Earth as it is in Heaven. It is a Heavenly City on Earth located in the hearts of mankind, that is not just in one location but also connected around the world.

This sounds pretty but if you really parse this she has put very little thought in it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, Blue said:

That's weird - there are tons of pictures of their summer day camp on their Facebook page. 

They usually host 6-8 weeks of summer camp, they had to cancel after a few weeks because they were spreading COVID. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

16 minutes ago, Fashion Forward said:

They usually host 6-8 weeks of summer camp, they had to cancel after a few weeks because they were spreading COVID. 

Not surprising at all. They weren’t just outdoors for the camp. They were indoors too. And there was zero social distancing. They were idiots if they thought they could have 8 weeks of tons of people spending 5 days a week together spreading germs and breathing each other’s air. 

• Upvote 6

None of their events are social distanced and, my understanding is, this weekend was their Festival of Lights and they people come in from all over including Canada.  Gwen herself had cover as did most of the "church leaders".  They truly do not care about anything but their shows and selling stuff.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

15 hours ago, Smalltowngirltn said:

None of their events are social distanced and, my understanding is, this weekend was their Festival of Lights and they people come in from all over including Canada.  Gwen herself had cover as did most of the "church leaders".  They truly do not care about anything but their shows and selling stuff.

I don't think the Canadians will be attending. I thought Canada closed their borders for most things and if people do cross over they may not get back in.   I am wrong. Here are the restrictions, exemptions & Advice from the Canadian Government: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#_Travellers_departing_Canada

Here is the first line for departing Canada (their bolding):  

Canadian citizens and permanent residents are advised to avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice to limit the spread of COVID-19.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Brilliant Star of Life is building something advanced you don't want to miss, but wait, there is more to see!

Gwen is unable to brag. But she has extraordinary skill and self control. She is endowed with God's superpowers and can perform things you never imagined. She is a cherished creation made in God’s image with supernatural potential—beyond Marvel Comic fantasies. She is so Spirit-filled that she achieves feats beyond the limits of what was once believed, throwing mountains of hate into the seas of love. Did I mention she is unable to boast?

Spoiler

A Dream of God’s Kingdom

December 10, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Pray and dream for the Remnant of Believers and its future—God’s Kingdom, His dreams. No doubt you do not want to miss what this brilliant Star of Life is building, because it is advanced and there is more to see. It is The Plan of the Ages, God’s strategy from antiquity, that of forming a Super Community out of Love, derived from the dissection of evil from good.

No matter what your location, you can unite in heart, goals and purpose, and promote and protect this life-changing, profound movement. We have heard that love will never fail. [I Corinthians 13:8] Paul pointed out that even if you give away all you own and then give your body to be burned, if you do not have love, you are “nothing.”

When you finally find this obedience that leads to the Spirit of the Most High God in you, you will not be able to brag or boast or take credit for anything that you thought you accomplished. Before your life is over, you will come to realize that when connected to God, you have extraordinary skill and self-control, but when disconnected from God, you are nothing and you have nothing. God is Love, and without God (Love) inside of you, you gain nothing and you are nothing. In the end, you will see that God (Love) inside of you is everything. Only then can you comprehend man’s value to God’s plan for His Kingdom of Love. His brilliant purpose for every man, woman and child is their capacity to house a piece of His power and Spirit, which in turn endows these hearts with a small piece of His superpowers with which they can do or perform things that they never thought or imagined. Each person should be respected as a cherished creation made in God’s image with supernatural potential—beyond Marvel Comic fantasies. It will take time and practice for each born again human, but ultimately, the Spirit-filled men and women and children will achieve feats beyond the limits of what was once believed, throwing mountains of hate into the seas of love. “Love will never fail” is simply another way to say God inside you will never fail. There is Victory in God’s Kingdom.

• Haha 2
  • Thank You 4

17 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Brilliant Star of Life is building something advanced you don't want to miss, but wait, there is more to see!

Gwen is unable to brag. But she has extraordinary skill and self control. She is endowed with God's superpowers and can perform things you never imagined. She is a cherished creation made in God’s image with supernatural potential—beyond Marvel Comic fantasies. She is so Spirit-filled that she achieves feats beyond the limits of what was once believed, throwing mountains of hate into the seas of love. Did I mention she is unable to boast?

I love your synopsis critiques of her writings. 

• I Agree 3

I have some bad news for Joe:  Gwen might have married you but she is not attached to you. It would be a sin to let you in her heart.  She'd forfeit her eternal grace if she cared about something worthless that is not God.

Spoiler

How to Start Losing Weight Again

December 11, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

If you have stumbled and are wanting to get back on track, start off by  reviewing the basics of Weigh Down at WeighDown.com and in your materials. But know that you can get started right now. An important part of the process of repentance includes the recognition that our relationship with God is wounded if our hearts are unclean—in other words, if our hearts secretly long for or lust for something else on this Earth—for more, that is, than what the Father has allotted. If we are plotting for, longing for, or wanting something on this earth, then we cannot be plotting for, longing for, or wanting God with all of our hearts. We can have only one master and love of our lives. All other false gods or idols in our lives should pale next to the true, awesome, and coordinated God of the universe. So in other words, the first major step is to recognize that you have been trying to clean up everything else—all in the name of God, of course—and you had no idea that cleaning up your own heart is the major job description God has given you.

The second step is to realize that if even a piece of your heart is not right, it is hurting God’s heart, and it prevents a wholehearted relationship with God. Anytime someone or something besides God has hold of your heart, it is sin. Instead of making a list of specific things, learn that you can feel it in your heart. If you are attached to any person, anything, or any behavior that you cannot seem to stop, that is a heart attachment—a stronghold—and you need to let go and cling to God or just wait on God. Jonah 2:8 states that those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.

The third major step is to turn your mind and heart and soul to God—turn to God any way you know how. You need to direct your sensitivity toward God and away from the stronghold.

This piece is titled How to Start Losing Weight Again, and I'm not totally sure what any of it has to do with losing weight but I guess it's easier to be thin if you're a stone cold bitch who doesn't care about anyone or anything.

• Upvote 6

Yeah that is a pretty common sermon in Remnant. You have to love God only, but loving/obeying God perfectly will mean being loving and caring towards your spouse or kids or everyone else (which, if you are a religious person, probably sounds fine on the surface and everything goes well until Gwen demands your money for various things, you have to spend all your free time volunteering, your spouse gains a pound, your kid turns out gay, or any other of the hundreds of things that might come up). The Remnant wedding vows even say that you vow to love God and his church first, the person you are marrying second, and yourself last. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

Today in Chronicles of Unconditional Love: If you don't obey Gwen perfectly she has no use for you.

Spoiler

Staying Near

December 16, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Are you seeking this peace and joy through a relationship with God and Christ or are you seeking selfish gain and glory? The Key is to stay near. My puppy dog does not leave my side. When I am sleeping on the bed, she is at my feet. When I get up, she follows me from room to room. She will lie down and sleep in each spot until she hears my feet move. Then she follows me again. She must be sleeping with one eye open. She has several spots where she can get even closer to me, and when I am writing she wants on my lap. She is relentless until she gets closer to me. She greets me at the door every day. She knows my routine. Her focus is on me. I would not want her around if she did not obey. She obeys better than any dog we have ever had. When I say, “back,” she gets back. The point is that she is obviously living for my attention and love, and that is it. She has no greater goal. Are you that focused on God and getting His love and approval?  Are you near God and Christ?

Making yourself suffer daily should be your way of life. And some people wait for a goddamn WEEK before they're hungry enough to allow themselves to eat. (Can you say eating disorder?)

Spoiler

It’s a Daily Decision

December 15, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Think about your testing and waiting—it is short lived and you do not remember it, but you keep the product of the suffering forever. Some will wait for a day or a week for hunger, but what they have not embraced is the DAILY cross. The “come and go” Christian is the most miserable, for they are neither fully in nor out. That is why their relationship with God and Christ suffers. But if you will follow Christ, you will find the relationship with God. Christ embraced DAILY suffering for God and yet experienced DAILY JOY and a powerful relationship with God. Choose Christ as your Lord today and follow Him! But don’t make this choice for just one or two weeks. The average person can prepare themselves to suffer for the first one or two or even three weeks of classes, but you must make a conscious choice to embrace suffering as a way of life. Do this, and it will make all the difference!

Why stop at not eating, though? Gwen, you could tear out your hair, pierce your fingernails,  put sharp pebbles in your shoes and burn your house. I bet you would suffer more then.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic