IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

I'm not sure that's Elizabeth in the church scene. Except for the dark lipstick it doesn't really look like her  - a little too young but then -- whoever it is is standing next to Brandon H.

Elle sighting with the new baby in church, but no Michael. Has anyone seen him anywhere in months?

I've seen that house before in one of the wedding announcements from a few years ago. Is it Gwen's mountain "cabin"?  See the aerial view at 4:56-57.

At 5:33 - 35 you get a good shot of Gwod's platform, 3-inch wedge heel "hiking" boots.

A general observation:  When Gwod is going on about how much fun the kids are having because God is the center of everything and they don't feel guilty about life -- most of them do not look happy and some look downright bored.

Adding:

I did not feel guilty about life as a teen. But then I wasn't in RF.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm not sure that's Elizabeth in the church scene. Except for the dark lipstick it doesn't really look like her  - a little too young but then -- whoever it is is standing next to Brandon H.

Elle sighting with the new baby in church, but no Michael. Has anyone seen him anywhere in months?

I've seen that house before in one of the wedding announcements from a few years ago. Is it Gwen's mountain "cabin"?  See the aerial view at 4:56-57.

At 5:33 - 35 you get a good shot of Gwod's platform, 3-inch wedge heel "hiking" boots.

A general observation:  When Gwod is going on about how much fun the kids are having because God is the center of everything and they don't feel guilty about life -- most of them do not look happy and some look downright bored.

Adding:

I did not feel guilty about life as a teen. But then I wasn't in RF.

She looks the Elizabeth pre-sunken face. It looks like her and I really hope it is because it would show some progress with her weight potentially. 

as someone who lived their teen years in RF, I was a good kid and I always felt guilty about something. It is something that has taken years to de-program

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

You're not allowed to be anything but happy. If you're not 100% positive all the time, you're a sinner.

Spoiler

Relying on God

November 05, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

In Proverbs it says, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

When you lean not to your own understanding but rather to God all day, expectations and anger go away. When anger is gone and love is present, you are a light to the world, and you do not bring negativity or pessimism to those around you. It is wrong to complain and be negative. That will eat up your life and ruin your day. Being complaining, grouchy and irritable means that you are not focused on God and are not depending on Him. Complaining is the clear sign you have lost your focus. Start the day with a dependency and focus only on God. This focus will become stronger and stronger, and your words will become more positive every day.

kuva.png.c48f2a4fb2b433cb11778530f2f94099.png

Like FitBit but instead of steps and calories (because you don't walk or eat) it tracks how godly you are.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

It seems to me that Gwen is espousing something akin to Gnosticism , in terms of Christian heresy .

If characterizing her theology is needed, IMHO  what Gwen is shoveling it's actually closer to the leaven of the Judaizing Ebionites.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Pathologic Antagonist said:

It seems to me that Gwen is espousing something akin to Gnosticism , in terms of Christian heresy .

If characterizing her theology is needed, IMHO  what Gwen is shoveling it's actually closer to the leaven of the Judaizing Ebionites.

I completely agree with you , in regards to the first sentence .  As I pointed out earlier in this thread , Gwen seemingly believes that the flesh is at odds with the Spirit of God .  As to the latter sentence , from what I have learned here , from those whom have left Remnant Fellowship , her Christology is along the lines of adoptionism / subordinationism .  { https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adoptionism  ,  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subordinationism }  Ebionitism is more so characteristic of biblical unitarianism . { https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebionites , 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_unitarianism }  

• Upvote 1

As a Unitarian Universalist, I can’t get excited about Gwen’s theological views on this matter—the original American Unitarians couldn’t find proof of Jesus’s godhead in the Bible and thus split off from the Congregational Church. (These were by no means the only Unitarians [as opposed to Trinitarians]; there have been Unitarian believers of various groups all over Europe since the 1500s at least.)

I can certainly understand how her build-as-you-go theology would be objectionable to anyone with more traditional Christian beliefs, though.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, Hane said:

As a Unitarian Universalist, I can’t get excitehtml out Gwen’s theological views on this matter—the original American Unitarians couldn’t find proof of Jesus’s godhead in the Bible and thus split off from the Congregational Church. (These were by no means the only Unitarians [as opposed to Trinitarians]; there have been Unitarian believers of various groups all over Europe since the 1500s at least.)

I can certainly understand how her build-as-you-go theology would be objectionable to anyone with more traditional Christian beliefs, though.

I feel the same way .  I suppose that I am what what might be considered an independent Unitarian .  I receive devotionals in my email from the Unitarian Universalist Christian Fellowship , and from time to time tune into services online , via YouTube , but am not as of yet anyway a pledge paying member .  I think that the problem with Remnant Fellowship isn't their unconventional views on theology , and Christology , but rather their organizational command structure , and discipline .  This is what makes them an abusive high control group , exercising undue influence , i. e. a cult .   { https://www.apologeticsindex.org/c09.html#sociotheolo  ,  https://www.cultwatch.com/cultic-warning-signs.html  }  So while countercult apologists , such as Walter Martin , will include us UUs under the heading of cults , we are not harming anyone .  {  https://fortheloveofwisdom.net/67/religion/the-cult-of-unitarian-universalism/  ,  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kingdom_of_the_Cults } 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

You will never think of food and your weight again, says the lady who thinks about food and weight all the time. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201110-120341__01.thumb.jpg.c445ec50b598c2a010211978dac01651.jpg

Any self-denial is a good thing, she says, so I have decided I will eat these donuts but I will deny myself the joy of wearing pants and just stay naked all day. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201110-120756__01.thumb.jpg.5075dfef1b152f474a5b8f8b6e957706.jpg

Seriously, nobody in their right mind would okay "any" self-denial because at some point self-denial will kill you.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I swear to God, every time I read one of Gwen’s posts I want to go eat a donut out of spite.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

I was just chatting with a friend who has been talking with a lovely lady and somehow they got on to religion. The lady started with "I'm in a church - it's not a cult..." which raised a flag (or ten) and sure enough, it's Remnant Fellowship.  And part of me is going "they're in Melbourne?! Really??" 

And I just had an awesome 30 minutes enlightening my friend in the Ways Of Gwod. Heh.

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hane said:

I swear to God, every time I read one of Gwen’s posts I want to go eat a donut out of spite.

I feel exactly the same way. And now I'm going to go eat two oatmeal raisin cookies -- maybe more.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Previously we have learned that there are no rules when it comes to eating, just be hungry and pray.

Today we learn that there are rules: Put the food on a saucer, take smaller bites, drink between bites.

Spoiler

Flying Above the Scales

November 11, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

God is doing something new for those who are coming to Him once again… His Spirit is pouring down and providing a breakthrough. Let us start with laying down the scales—get a beginning number, but just use the scales occasionally because the trend that we are measuring is the dependency on God. It is not about a number…it is about getting that internal control and Connection to God so that you are guided and are flying above the scales. When you get off the scales, you will let go of the tricks and gimmicks you have used to keep the scales down. When you let go of the number, you will let go of fasting and laxatives and all the other tricks as well as the depression and bummed-out feeling. Even if you have binged—maybe you have eaten 2,000 calories when you only needed 300 calories—focus on God, repentance and hunger and fullness…that is all you have to focus on. And by all means, stop the diets, and it will stop the panicky feeling inside and you will stop the binge. One source of panic is coming from man-made diet foods and the feeling that you are not going to get what you want when you want it…Start over, wait for hunger, close your eyes and think inside you, “What do I really want and need for good health and energy? What sounds good?” After all, we are ending the pain. Now remember the rules for the Zone of hunger and fullness…put the selected food on a saucer, take smaller bites, sip between bites and pray, pray, pray. Stay connected to the inside of you with no diversions.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 11/10/2020 at 10:24 AM, Hane said:

I can't tell you how many times I've been eating dinner and looked at my husband and said "This one's for Gwen" right as I take a bite... a bite that I technically don't NEED. Not saying I go full gluttony, but her "Any bite past full is sin" rule in her world where there are no rules drives me bonkers.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 11/10/2020 at 4:06 AM, AmazonGrace said:

You will never think of food and your weight again, says the lady who thinks about food and weight all the time. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20201110-120341__01.thumb.jpg.c445ec50b598c2a010211978dac01651.jpg

Any self-denial is a good thing, she says, so I have decided I will eat these donuts but I will deny myself the joy of wearing pants and just stay naked all day. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20201110-120756__01.thumb.jpg.5075dfef1b152f474a5b8f8b6e957706.jpg

Seriously, nobody in their right mind would okay "any" self-denial because at some point self-denial will kill you.

Just imagine if Gwen did not practice self-denial, how much hair spray she would use, how many platform shoes and clothes she would buy, how many men she would covet and keep.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

For Gwen, "see justice done", means "do not eat".

Spoiler

True Repentance

November 16, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

What if you have repented many times and you do not trust yourself? Then you may never really repented. You could have been simply sorry.

Even if I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it. Though I did regret it—I see that my letter hurt you, but only for a little while—yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. II Corinthians 7:8-11a

To repent means you have stopped the past action. This is not about saying you are sorry that you messed up. This is about saying “goodbye” to behaviors of the past. When you hate your old life, you will find the new life. Put to death your old ways, take off the old garments, say goodbye to the old man. No more overeating, no more eating past full. No more greed! Get rid of the old life and never pick it back up. That will be your first time to have true repentance.

Take off the old garments! Put on the new clothing! Smaller sizes! Tinier waists!  You have never been a good person before because you've always been eating!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

The November 11 post states:

Even if you have binged—maybe you have eaten 2,000 calories when you only needed 300 calories

After reading about Gwen for awhile, I am guessing she means 2000 calories in one day not in one binge. 2000 calories a day is not binge eating for the average adult.

Per every source with credibility the least amount of calories an average person can survive is 1200. So even if a person in Remnant had 300 calories for breakfast, lunch and dinner they would still be 300 calories short- every day - of what their body minimally needs to survive! I wish these followers would wake up to basic nutrition guidance. 

BTW - I put "least amount of calories needed to survive" into google and in the "people also ask" box the 4th question was "Can you survive on 300 calories a day?" Seriously. 

Also in the same post Gwen says:

Let us start with laying down the scales—get a beginning number, but just use the scales occasionally because the trend that we are measuring is the dependency on God. It is not about a number…

If the number doesn't matter, then why have scales? and why worry about if people are thin, normal or fat? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

There is a new video. I didn't watch but based on the description it is about Halloween-bad, made up Remnant holidays-good. Oh and Gwen is a martyr.

• Thank You 4

Thanks for the link, @AmazonGrace!  I didn't think she'd have another video up this quickly.

Gwenny thinks that Satan has changed All Hallow's Eve to the secular Halloween just so the martyred saints don't get honored. In order to believe this, you have to believe in a real Devil and that he is so petty that he sits around being jealous of the attention given to olden time martyrs.  Frankly, I think the Devil would have better things to do, but that's just me.   

The thinking gets pretty convoluted.  Christians are persecuted but you haven't been killed or shed blood for your beliefs so you have to shed your body and suffer to get rid of sin.  (Maybe this is a tie-in for her "anorexia for Jesus"?)   Instead of trick-or-treating, take the whole day back for God and honor all the martyrs.  

Joe gets back on the "autumn is death's cycle so we come alive again in the spring".  It sounds just as silly now as it did in the last video.  Joe is subdued.  Life ain't getting any better with crazy Gwen, is it, Joe?

There is a city beyond the sky.  Gwen has them put up a Cinderella type castle to illustrate the kind of city that she imagines God creates.  After we die like Jesus and the martyrs, we get to go to the city that God built out of his own thoughts.  Gwen thinks God copies Disney.

There's a new song this time.  It's "I Salute You" by... wait for it... Michael Shamblin!  Yeah.  That's exactly who you thought it would be.  It's a Christian rock song with a lot of minor chords and starts out with "And I salute you now, the martyrs..."  It doesn't get any better.

Gwenny has on some odd boot things (with platform heels, of course) and has a slight shirt malfunction that makes her look lopsided for a few minutes.  Sadly, someone is going to get chewed out when Gwen realizes that she was videoed with her shirt hiked up on one side.  (When does one even go to purchase these kinds of shoes?  Does she have them specially made?  Surely there isn't a big market for weird, ugly, platform shoes, is there?)  Also, notice the pillow that Gwen is sitting on.  That bony arse can't even sit on an upholstered chair now.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

897433762_Screenshot(2051).thumb.png.6905b3ca69d98e42eba51098496bbb24.png826251408_Screenshot(2052).png.53952008dd9d21fd62c402fb0a61a9f1.png253690867_Screenshot(2053).png.363fff62f81d483a377b652225cc3050.png962501574_Screenshot(2054).thumb.png.a64710f707ef4e42d62c91fb91347e0a.png798465669_Screenshot(2055).png.743303539ede94656e28915f505f6aaf.png

• Thank You 4

Thanks for the summary @Xan. I think most boots with a shorter skirt looks stupid. There are some cowgirls when doing line dancing that can make it work but most people just look silly. Add to the fact that Gwen is over 70 (?) with weird hair and the rest of her, she looks absolutely ridiculous. She looks like any woman trying to regain their youth by dressing young but instead it makes her look much older. 

As for the boots.. not sure I would guess venus but they are probably too cheap. https://www.venus.com/products.aspx?BRANCH=7~75~&sc=FS75&cm_mmc=SEMNB-_-Google-_--_-DSA_Clothing-nc&gclid=CjwKCAiAzNj9BRBDEiwAPsL0d91HjtlIeUOzlJqQw-Ep6TIXsJaeT6GYX-pWlEWk0xgDrmO1R9mSFxoCekYQAvD_BwE 

Can anyone explain peep toe booties or peep toe with open heel boots? Anyone? 

• Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Thanks for the summary @Xan. I think most boots with a shorter skirt looks stupid. There are some cowgirls when doing line dancing that can make it work but most people just look silly. Add to the fact that Gwen is over 70 (?) with weird hair and the rest of her, she looks absolutely ridiculous. She looks like any woman trying to regain their youth by dressing young but instead it makes her look much older. 

As for the boots.. not sure I would guess venus but they are probably too cheap. https://www.venus.com/products.aspx?BRANCH=7~75~&sc=FS75&cm_mmc=SEMNB-_-Google-_--_-DSA_Clothing-nc&gclid=CjwKCAiAzNj9BRBDEiwAPsL0d91HjtlIeUOzlJqQw-Ep6TIXsJaeT6GYX-pWlEWk0xgDrmO1R9mSFxoCekYQAvD_BwE 

Can anyone explain peep toe booties or peep toe with open heel boots? Anyone? 

She's 65 now and will be 66 in February.  Joe is 58.  The clothes age Gwen and the hair dye is aging Joe.  I've noticed that lately Gwen is going more with "windswept" hair than "haystack".  I suppose it's an improvement but just slightly.  It still doesn't fool anyone.

You're short, Gwenny.  Get over it.

I admit that I've spent way more time than I should just Googling platform heels in an effort to track down Gwen's supplier.  You wouldn't believe that kind of ads that now show up on the edges of my pages.  Let's just say that if I ever decide to become a hetero drag queen, I know where to start on the footwear.

• Haha 11

@Xan HAHAHAHA she will hate that I thought she was 70. Oh that makes me laugh even more. 

I'm short, 5'2 3/4" I can still command a room without heels. I never wear heels (I don't consider cowboy boots as heels). I have a pair of B.O.C. boots that have a little heel but that is it. All my other shoes are normal lift - like this: https://www.merrell.com/US/en/encore-moc-4-leather/44938W.html?dwvar_44938W_color=J001436#cgid=women-footwear-slip-ons&prefn1=isOnSale&prefv1=false&start=1 

Example of the type of "heel" I have on my work boot - https://www.bornshoes.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=12360 

When Gwen falls with those heels she is going to break stuff. I can't image her bones being strong by her diet. Does she even get any dairy? 

• Upvote 2

Gwen is dead and buried and it explains a lot.

Spoiler

Never Alone Again

November 19, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Imagine when you have a test. Let’s say it is dying to the praise of men tonight or to pride or lust. Let’s say it is dying to eating food tonight or being submissive to your husband tonight or loving someone hard to love. Whatever you struggle with, bring it to mind now. Imagine having to die—giving up your will, your body, your soul, your dreams, whatever it is—in this test. You have always been alone. You try to do this alone. But look again at Romans 6:4: We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. This means you are buried with Christ. There is burial with Christ and life with Christ—so you are not alone in either. So in this test, I know Jesus is right there with me; so I ask Him anything and He answers my prayer. The prayers are automatically answered. [For example: “Jesus, shorten this painful test to last only one minute.” One minute later, the painful test is over, miraculously.] This is powerful. Your love for Christ will abound. The test becomes the opportunity. This burial gives you this power, and with these answered prayers, this relationship develops.

All her prayers get automatically answered.

God is a Whatever-Gwen-Wants-Aton.

• Thank You 4

Alright -- I'll admit it. I'm short ... um ..... vertically challenged. 

I'm 5'2" if I stand up absolutely perfectly straight.  I've spent my life denying I'm under tall.  For years and years I put 5'4" on my driver's license. I wore 3 inch heels and platforms shoes everywhere. Frequently 3 inch heel platform shoes. I never wore flats if I could help it. I was convinced that the world saw me as tall, and because I was tall I could command a room .

About 8 years ago, I decided to invest in cute flats during a spate of WFH.  Then I slowly began wearing flats with my jeans rolled. Then I stated buying jeans and pants with the correct inseam, rather than 32" to accommodate my heels. 

Funny thing is I began hearing from all my friends that they knew I was vertically challenged, had always known it, and It wasn't my height (or lack of) that allowed me to command the room. 

Seriously?!?!  No one had been fooled all those years. I was floored. 

So now I admit my lack of height, but I still wear the 3 inch heels sometimes -- but because I want to -- not to be pretend tall. 

My mother was just under 5'1", but at least 5'5"  - 5'6" in high hair and heels. She was the queen of being able to look down on everyone, no matter how tall they were.  People would shrink in height under her gaze. It was a gift, although not very comfortable to encounter if you were her child.

• Upvote 6

Gwen never murdered anyone and it makes her special:

Spoiler

If You Truly Love, It is Natural

November 20, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

How much trouble is it to refrain from running to another idol if you are so in love with God? These are easy commandments from this wonderful God. We should praise Him that salvation (being able to enter His presence) is not performance-based. We just need to love Him, and we can do this! If you truly love, it is not a performance or a drama—it is simply natural. If your love is golf, how hard is it to go play a game? Would you call a game of golf work? Of course not. How hard is it to binge on food? When food is the object of your affection, bingeing is a delight. Then, may our hearts change so that anything that has to do with God is delightful.

Once you have the relationship in which God is your heart’s desire, then, and only then, can you love mankind the way you should. That is why the commands to honor your father and mother, and not to murder, commit adultery, steal, give false testimony, or covet your neighbor’s wife or anything of your neighbor’s, are last—they are the natural outcomes of loving God first. If you love Him, how could you hurt one of the children that He loves? That would be unspeakable!

• Thank You 3

https://www.dollskill.com/shoes/platform-shoes/platform-boots.html

Best selection of hooker, platform, ugly, overpriced, boots. None of which I'd be surprised to see Gwen wear, sadly. I wish I could send her a ridiculous pair and watch to see if she'd wear them.  And can ppl in the first few rows see up her dress? Short skirt doesn't seem like a good idea on a stage.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic