IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

Gwen has always been a prosperity-gospelish type.  If you notice any of her leaders are very white color with super attractive wives that were not that big when all of this started.  Several of her leaders were friends of her kids that came when the church first started and she gave them all jobs.  If you are blue collar she does not want you.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 10/27/2020 at 4:06 PM, throwaway9988 said:

No wonder Gwen forces everyone in Remnant to use the NIV translation! ?

Better be sure that it is NIV is the 1984 version... Gwod declared the 2011 version to be unacceptable. She encouraged members to stock up on the 1984 version to be sure it was available for generations to come in RF. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Smalltowngirltn said:

Gwen has always been a prosperity-gospelish type.  If you notice any of her leaders are very white color with super attractive wives that were not that big when all of this started.  Several of her leaders were friends of her kids that came when the church first started and she gave them all jobs.  If you are blue collar she does not want you.

As I have mentioned more than once on this forum , the Remnant Fellowship is an outgrowth of the International Church of Christ .  And it's the same way with them as well .   

Spoiler

She shares a common lineage with the likes of Chuck Lucas and Kip McKean .  

Spoiler

Here is more information , about the ICOC ,  from an ex-member .  See for yourself how it compares to Remnant Fellowship .   

Spoiler

• Move Along 1
  • Thank You 5

On 10/27/2020 at 2:55 PM, SuperNova said:

Does Gwen believe that body fat is an actual physical manifestation of sin?

Yes. When I gained a small amount of weight I was very directly told that my sin was visible and I needed to correct my heart and lose the physical weight and the “spiritual weight”

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 3

7 hours ago, FreefromRF said:

Better be sure that it is NIV is the 1984 version... Gwod declared the 2011 version to be unacceptable. She encouraged members to stock up on the 1984 version to be sure it was available for generations to come in RF. 

Did she ever reveal which words made the 2011 version unacceptable? Was it the use of the word fat in a positive context like in the verses Marmion posted, or was it something else?

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Marmion said:

As I have mentioned more than once on this forum , the Remnant Fellowship is an outgrowth of the International Church of Christ .  And it's the same way with them as well .   

Reveal hidden contents

She shares a common lineage with the likes of Chuck Lucas and Kip McKean .  

Reveal hidden contents

Here is more information , about the ICOC ,  from an ex-member .  See for yourself how it compares to Remnant Fellowship .   

Reveal hidden contents

Gwen is not an outgrowth of the Internation Church of Christ.  I have a huge problem with this as she was raised Church of Christ but it is an independent Church of Christ not necessarily associated with any Church of Christ

https://www.christianity.com/church/denominations/churches-of-christ-10-things-to-know-about-their-history-and-beliefs.html

This is a very good article concerning the automonous Church of Christ beliefs.  Gwen choose the Brentwood area of Middle TN for the wealth and also it's closeness to David Lipscomb University and School where her children and their spouses all attended. In fact, it is there where both Elizabeth and Brandon meet their future spouses. This university is also the location of the Shamblin Theatre.  Here is a link with pictures of the theatre and more information.

https://www.christianity.com/church/denominations/churches-of-christ-10-things-to-know-about-their-history-and-beliefs.html

Gwen has since distanced herself from this venue and the university but her ex-husband is still a supporter and remained so through out their marriage.

Gwen actually attended the Otter Creek Church which is an automonous Church of Christ less than a mile from her house and two miles from Remnant Fellowship Church.  Many of the longtime members of Remnant Fellowship Church were members at Otter Creek Church and still have family that attend church at the Otter Creek Church.

As a longtime Church of Christ member that is the one thing I still have issue is people saying Remnant Fellowship is an outgrowth of the International Church of Christ as you would be very hard pressed to even find a ICOC in the South and the beliefs between the two types of Church of Christ are vastly different.

• Thank You 5

5 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Did she ever reveal which words made the 2011 version unacceptable? Was it the use of the word fat in a positive context like in the verses Marmion posted, or was it something else?

I don’t recall specific examples. When she preached about it at a service, she would give examples of wording changes and convinced us that the 2011 version changed phrases that were watered down, more permissive and therefore less convicting than Gwod’s message. This weaker message would lead us down a more sinful path because they were more like suggestions. 

She also led us to believe that she had studied ancient writings and that NIV was the most accurate/pure translation. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

5 hours ago, FreefromRF said:

She also led us to believe that she had studied ancient writings and that NIV was the most accurate/pure translation. 

Yes! I remember her saying the NIV was the most accurate translation and thinking to myself “how would she even know?” If she were honest she would just  say it’s the translation that best suits her narrative. 

Gwen also likes to cherry-pick from other ancient stories that didn’t make the cut into the Protestant Bible. For instance she likes the Maccabees but tries to ignore most of the other old and new testament apocrypha. 

• Upvote 5

The devos are back in the etiquette cycle. Gwen has realized that people who act polite  hate her in their hearts.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32677-gwen-shamblin-lara-9-perfecting-hypocrisy/?do=findComment&comment=1817946

From FB: Have you already eaten less today? How will God know that you love him if you ate normally?

Day 7:

Be so grateful for small amounts mixed with weight loss rather than big amounts with weight gain.

Imagine each meal in control and eating less!

Day 8:

Look for every chance that comes up today to show God how much you love HIM!

Day 9 Instead of thinking that you are being tested, see it as an opportunity to please God!

Stay in the perfect boundaries!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Oh dear.  Gwenny is getting lazy.  She hasn't even posted a new video in over a month.  I think she's beginning to leave a bit of a religious vacuum and nature does abhor a vacuum.

To that end, I'm thinking about forming a church about eating.  Tentatively, it will be called "Our Lady of the Full-Fat Yogurt".  Other possibilities are "True Believers in Cheeses" and "Recipes! Fellowship".  We in this new church believe that God didn't make delicious food for us to reject and that, if He'd wanted us to be anorexic, He wouldn't have given us taste buds.  Further, we feel that God is peeved that people would reject His gifts and He particularly hates false prophets who are just into religion because they want to control other people.  Finally, we believe that God would prefer we take unwanted or unneeded food to those who actually suffer from food insecurity. 

As soon as the virus dies down, we'll meet in the good Olive Garden out near the airport every Sunday at lunch.  No tithing necessary.  If you feel the need to give, pick a good charity.    People with hair sticking up more than four inches above your head or wearing platform shoes will be turned away at the door.  Sorry but we have to have some standards.  Pants with elastic waists are encouraged.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Xan said:

To that end, I'm thinking about forming a church about eating.  Tentatively, it will be called "Our Lady of the Full-Fat Yogurt".  Other possibilities are "True Believers in Cheeses" and "Recipes! Fellowship". 

Notre Jam and the Platter Day Saints

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1

@Xan, may I propose a Church of Everything Baked to worship in full communion with you? Our homemade bread will be the perfect accompaniment to your cheeses.

• I Agree 1
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, Xan said:

Oh dear.  Gwenny is getting lazy.  She hasn't even posted a new video in over a month.  I think she's beginning to leave a bit of a religious vacuum and nature does abhor a vacuum.

To that end, I'm thinking about forming a church about eating.  Tentatively, it will be called "Our Lady of the Full-Fat Yogurt".  Other possibilities are "True Believers in Cheeses" and "Recipes! Fellowship".  We in this new church believe that God didn't make delicious food for us to reject and that, if He'd wanted us to be anorexic, He wouldn't have given us taste buds.  Further, we feel that God is peeved that people would reject His gifts and He particularly hates false prophets who are just into religion because they want to control other people.  Finally, we believe that God would prefer we take unwanted or unneeded food to those who actually suffer from food insecurity. 

As soon as the virus dies down, we'll meet in the good Olive Garden out near the airport every Sunday at lunch.  No tithing necessary.  If you feel the need to give, pick a good charity.    People with hair sticking up more than four inches above your head or wearing platform shoes will be turned away at the door.  Sorry but we have to have some standards.  Pants with elastic waists are encouraged.

This is actually sort of what Judaism teaches , apart from kashrut .  

The foundational teaching within the Jewish tradition is the Torah’s injunction to “eat, be satisfied, and bless YHVH, your God for the good of earth.”

It should first be noted how these words honor the very act of eating. In other words, eating is not simply a mundane act of selfishness, an evil necessity, or something we have to do to maintain our bodies; it is holy.

The Talmudic sages taught that the dinner table is like the altar in the Temple, and the meal we eat like the offering that brought us close to God.

https://ffl.org/food-yoga/food-as-a-medium-of-love/food-culture-judaism/   

The impulse that we have to nourish ourselves through food is a good one, reflecting God’s desire that we feel cherished. (Thanks to Joyce Krensky for this insight.) Thus we see food equals love not because we are sick but because it reflects a measure of truth. There is an emotional quality to eating. Food gives pleasure. (By the same token, hunger is also a gift from God, for it promotes self-preservation and impels us to action.)

In the world to come, a person will be asked to give an account for that which, being excellent to eat, she gazed at and did not eat. (Jerusalem Talmud, Kiddushin)

“[You should realize that] God created the good that is before you, and God gives it its existence and puts within it its taste and nourishing qualities. And God gives to a person the desire to eat and also his sense of taste, whereby the food tastes good.” (Menorat Zahav[by Rabbi Zusya of Hanipoli, a leader of 18th-century Hasidism])

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-spirituality-of-food/   

• Thank You 4

You too can have a perfect day! You just need to follow God's agenda instead of your own day planner.

kuva.png.09cdc02758a29ac02abde2f836ddc043.png

So, let's see what we have on for tomorrow...

GOD's AGENDA

-grant some prayers

-pardon some sinners

-do NOT grant Maddie F's prayers, they conflict with her husband's prayers

-turn more water into wine

-do NOT flood a planet, it causes an awful damp smell

-smite some Amalekians

-wake Gwen Shamblin Lara up to look at the moon

-get more locusts

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

This post is a mess.

Spoiler

God’s Spirit of Love

September 10, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

To have God’s good etiquette, we need the Spirit of God in our hearts, but note that obtaining this Spirit is dependent on our actions. These actions must come first, and then God will come and make His home inside your heart. This is worded so beautifully by Jesus in the Gospel of John, where it says, Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.” John 14:23-24 God’s Spirit of love resides in those who obey. Then and only then will you have etiquette of the heart. If you work on the inside of your heart first, then you can clean up the outside and polish gracious behavior. This behavior will be sincere, not striving to flatter or impress mankind, because those who are trying to do that could still have bad thoughts inside, but you are doing it solely for the glory of God. We must have the right purpose every day! Get your heart right so you can glorify the Father who made you, and then extend the credit back to Him.

To sum up: if you want to do the right thing, you need first to get God's spirit in your heart, but in order to get God's spirit you need to do the right thing first.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

This post is a mess.

Hide contents

God’s Spirit of Love

September 10, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

To have God’s good etiquette, we need the Spirit of God in our hearts, but note that obtaining this Spirit is dependent on our actions. These actions must come first, and then God will come and make His home inside your heart. This is worded so beautifully by Jesus in the Gospel of John, where it says, Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.” John 14:23-24 God’s Spirit of love resides in those who obey. Then and only then will you have etiquette of the heart. If you work on the inside of your heart first, then you can clean up the outside and polish gracious behavior. This behavior will be sincere, not striving to flatter or impress mankind, because those who are trying to do that could still have bad thoughts inside, but you are doing it solely for the glory of God. We must have the right purpose every day! Get your heart right so you can glorify the Father who made you, and then extend the credit back to Him.

To sum up: if you want to do the right thing, you need first to get God's spirit in your heart, but in order to get God's spirit you need to do the right thing first.

This just makes me so, so sad. "Do a bunch of good things, THEN God will love you enough to come into your heart and help you do more good things." No, no, no. 

I love my girls no matter what they do... They not have to do anything to earn my love. Their actions show their love for me in return... and their actions lead us to closer relationship... and their actions are indicative of their character... but at no point are their actions required for me to love them and be there for them. Never. 

And on the flip side... nothing they do will make me stop loving them. Could they loose my approval? Of course. Could they push me away and ask me to leave their lives? Of course... it would devastate me, but they could. Could they push me to the point where I have to practice tough love? Yup. But would I stop loving them? No. Absolutely not.

I guess somehow I'm more capable of a sacrificial love for my children than God is for us.  ?

Edited by Blue
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Blue said:

I guess somehow I'm more capable of a sacrificial love for my children than God is for us.  ?

Well God did drown a bunch of his children plus their puppies and you would never consider doing something heinous like that. So I think you beat God in the good parent contest by a mile.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Well God did drown a bunch of his children plus their puppies and you would never consider doing something heinous like that. So I think you beat God in the good parent contest by a mile.

Exactly, It isn't hard to beat God when it comes to parenting. The God of the Bible is an abusive "adore me, obey me without question or I'll torture you" sort of a parent. 

I was thinking this week when I saw people out in costumes and wigs that this time of year people could easily think Gwen was in a Halloween costume. I wonder if anyone has ever asked her what she is dressed up as. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, Blue said:

This just makes me so, so sad. "Do a bunch of good things, THEN God will love you enough to come into your heart and help you do more good things." No, no, no. 

I love my girls no matter what they do... They not have to do anything to earn my love. Their actions show their love for me in return... and their actions lead us to closer relationship... and their actions are indicative of their character... but at no point are their actions required for me to love them and be there for them. Never. 

And on the flip side... nothing they do will make me stop loving them. Could they loose my approval? Of course. Could they push me away and ask me to leave their lives? Of course... it would devastate me, but they could. Could they push me to the point where I have to practice tough love? Yup. But would I stop loving them? No. Absolutely not.

• Upvote 3

Spoiler

Looking to God

November 04, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

We are continuing the discussion from yesterday on how to have a great morning.

Once you are ready for the day, before you leave the bedroom, you must pray the Lord’s Prayer to be led not into temptation for idols and to be sure you have nothing but forgiveness and mercy and patience for others. In this way, you fulfill the Law and the Prophets and all that God has asked of you.

How is this accomplished? I will give you the Truth from the Word. When you surrender your old life of anger and pick up the new life of love along with a control of the tongue, then you will be able to do what is right that day. So much of it is learning to depend on God rather than man for your bread for the day. Notice the Lord’s Prayer, “Give us this day our daily bread.” It does not tell you to look to others—such as looking to your employer to give you a satisfying and well-paying job or looking to your siblings to do all the chores or looking to your parents to give you inheritance…but rather, “Dear God, give us this day our daily bread.” We are not to be independent and lean on ourselves and our own smarts, but rather, we are to lean on the Father. That means our real job description is to be childlike.

I'm just wondering how long God would continue giving me my daily bread if I up and told my employer that I'm not gonna care about the paying job that she gave me anymore.

Because I generally need to have money in order to shop for groceries.

• I Agree 2

A family party in the cabin is now called self-denial.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

A family party in the cabin is now called self-denial.

Self Denial? Ya right...when does she practice self denial? It is everyone else there the denies self to bow down to GWOD.

Edited by FreefromRF
put my text in wrong spot on my response
  • Upvote 6

Thanks for finding the new video, @AmazonGrace.  I'd been wondering what Gwen was up to lately.

This one is "The Blessings and Fun of Self-Denial" although I don't hear her talking about self-denial they way I thought she would.  It seems to be more about putting God in the center and denying yourself as the center of your own life.  I thought it would be about giving up things but maybe Gwenny thinks once you've given up eating, you're good to go.

Gwen is talking about autumn and calls it a "death process" as "we watch these leaves fall".  But it's "so worth it".  "When the leaves fall off, every tree dies a little bit at a time which is very symbolic."   Um, no.   Leaves falling does not mean the tree is dying in any real way.

She is with the teen group and says, if they didn't have God in the center of their lives "they would feel guilty about their life -- they would feel so horrible about their life."  She says they've been using the zip lines and riding the "4-wheels".  "There's mules and there's trails.   There's line dancing.  There's lots of hot dogs all the time and hamburgers and lots of fun."   Translation:  I'm making them have fun without using technology!

So, basically, it's another vacation.  There is a mob of people and no masks to be seen anywhere.  There are a lot of teens but I also spotted toddlers.  I don't see any helmets on anyone in the "4-wheels".  I suppose this is more property owned by RF.  We get to see Gwen dancing in the house with her granddaughter and with Joe.  

New color scheme!  Gwen has added mustard yellow.  At least in the church scene, Elizabeth looks better.  She's still doing the ghost make-up with dark lips but her face is fuller.

I couldn't get a side view of Gwen's lace-up boots but you can tell they're platforms because she's taller than the group of girls.  Where does one even go to purchase platform hiking boots??

Screenshots:

Spoiler

779269283_Screenshot(2001).png.ff3e34cb1188652a951d9e70faea320a.png1769835227_Screenshot(2002).png.0815c735fd4c00ea003472bdd6da551b.png1943516878_Screenshot(2004).thumb.png.07422514c7f3634deafeaf86f669ed70.png1137226953_Screenshot(1999).png.8be09c1237aa2e6e3321e3c1b9badef0.png

Spoiler

411634273_Screenshot(1996).png.d5410f4872b8511c5e31d2e8fea0e6b4.pngScreenshot_(1997).thumb.png.2cb02e8268d1f0a46924ffdb1c65812a.png558517805_Screenshot(2005).png.7d2a9120730f65f04540edb39db7697d.png1014463126_Screenshot(2003).png.212c2e7edb9d02e898bc118186ba01ad.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

I was scanning through the radio stations to find something to listen to that was not politics/news and stumbled upon a song  that had a chorus that jumped out at me....I just substituted Gwenny for devil each time...it was even a bit healing to sing it aloud!

No more shackles on my feet
The devil's (Gwenny's) got no hold on me
Jesus blood has set me free
The devil's (Gwenny's) got no hold on me
He's got no hold (no hold)
Hold (got no hold)
The devil's (Gwen's) got no hold on me
I find victory when I let go

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Looking to God

November 04, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

We are continuing the discussion from yesterday on how to have a great morning.

Once you are ready for the day, before you leave the bedroom, you must pray the Lord’s Prayer to be led not into temptation for idols and to be sure you have nothing but forgiveness and mercy and patience for others. In this way, you fulfill the Law and the Prophets and all that God has asked of you.

How is this accomplished? I will give you the Truth from the Word. When you surrender your old life of anger and pick up the new life of love along with a control of the tongue, then you will be able to do what is right that day. So much of it is learning to depend on God rather than man for your bread for the day. Notice the Lord’s Prayer, “Give us this day our daily bread.” It does not tell you to look to others—such as looking to your employer to give you a satisfying and well-paying job or looking to your siblings to do all the chores or looking to your parents to give you inheritance…but rather, “Dear God, give us this day our daily bread.” We are not to be independent and lean on ourselves and our own smarts, but rather, we are to lean on the Father. That means our real job description is to be childlike.

I'm just wondering how long God would continue giving me my daily bread if I up and told my employer that I'm not gonna care about the paying job that she gave me anymore.

Because I generally need to have money in order to shop for groceries.

One of my former ARC workers(whose job it was to help me run errands)and I had a running joke that the grocery store doesn’t accept Derek Jeter first-round draft cards.(I have one.)

• Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic