IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 21

GreyhoundFan

image.png.98952dbf60e3f1374e016aee5fce06b5.png

"He Blinded Me With Stupid"

Donald Trump is not a person who relies on facts. And a person who doesn’t rely on facts typically doesn’t believe in science. A humble person will admit to what they don’t know and listen to experts. Donald Trump will tell people who have spent their entire lives studying a subject, and without having any knowledge of it himself, tell them they’re wrong. Donald Trump is not a humble person. He doesn’t even know what it is not to know.

While speaking to the governor of California, Gavin Newsom, and other government officials, Trump argued against climate change. After weeks of silence about the wildfires in the western part of the nation, Donald Trump said, “I don’t think science knows what is happening.” Yeah, science is the confused one here.

Donald Trump doesn’t believe in climate change and has claimed it’s a hoax created by China. He’s not good with science…or knowing stuff in general.

After being handed special sunglasses and told not to stare into an eclipse, Donald Trump stared into an eclipse. If it burned out any brain cells, we’ll never notice.

Donald Trump asked about nuking a hurricane. He tried to change the direction of a hurricane with a Sharpie. He ordered government scientists to lie about the direction of a hurricane so it would jive with his mad Sharpie ninja skills.

Donald Trump asked if there was a way to cure people with covid-19 by drinking bleach. He’s touted other bogus remedies.

He thinks our government has invisible airplanes…or maybe we do and that’s another national security secret he exposed.

He thinks liberal lightbulbs make him appear orange…and it’s not his three inches of orange makeup.

He believes windmills cause cancer.

And with wildfires, he believes the lack of raking forests is a bigger cause than climate change.

Sure, we need better management of forests, (most of those being burned right now are on federal property…which Trump heads), but climate change is a very real factor, and science knows it.

Raking the forests doesn’t have anything to do with extreme weather. Having a rake won’t change the direction of the wind. It won’t make the air less dry. Rakes don’t stop hurricanes, droughts, flooding, tornadoes, a even a giant orange cloud smothering our nation.

Donald Trump promises the fires would decrease as it’s about to get cooler. He also promises the coronavirus would magically disappear by Easter. Today, there are nearly 195,000 dead from the virus…the Trump Virus. We can call the wildfires “Trump Fires.”

Joe Biden called Donald Trump a “climate arsonist” yesterday. Donald Trump pulled our nation out of the Paris Climate Accord, so yeah. He’s a climate arsonist.

The most science Donald Trump understands is that he knows he doesn’t want you to sneeze on him. Other than that, Trump doesn’t care if the world burns. Just give him eight more years.

• Upvote 9

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• fraurosena

• ADoyle90815

• WiseGirl

In all seriousness, I don't know what a good answer is. I can see coming up with the idea that if we cut down all of the trees, then the forests won't burn.

• Upvote 5

image.png.9ee1073343f7a2136173dce8b4c7f046.png

"Happy Exploding Little Trees"

We do not have invisible airplanes. You can’t stop a hurricane by dropping a nuclear bomb on it. Energy efficient lightbulbs don’t make you appear orange. You can’t catch cancer from windmills. You can’t cure coronavirus by ingesting bleach or fish tank cleaner. Simply raking forests doesn’t prevent wildfires. And trees do not explode.

In 1998, I moved to Fredericksburg Virginia and I enrolled my eight-year-old son into Hugh Mercer Elementary. While driving him to school on his first day, he asked me why it was named “Hugh Mercer.” I told him Hugh Mercer was a great dude who lived in this town over two hundreds years ago. My son asked me what made him great? I said, “Because he did great things” My son asked, “What kind of great things?” Dammit, kid.

I told my son that Hugh Mercer did great things like stop a dinosaur alien invasion hundreds of years ago with a magic sword. He slayed half the dinosaur aliens and the other half flew away in their dinosaur alien space ships, crying all the way until they got to their home world, Dinosauranus. Everyone was so happy, they named an elementary school after him because that’s what you get when you stop a dinosaur alien invasion.

My eight-year-old looked at me the same way he does today at the age of 30. Like I’m an idiot.

That’s exactly how Trump sycophants should look at Donald Trump when he says stupid shit like, “With regard to the forest, when trees fall down after a short period of time, about 18 months, they become very dry, they become really like a match stick and they get up you know there’s no more water pouring through and they become very, very they just explode. They can explode.”

The difference between me selling my kid a load of horse shit and Donald Trump selling a load to his base is that I know I’m selling horse shit. Does Donald Trump know? My son is extremely smart and was even at eight. He also had an imagination and knew I had one too. But, shouldn’t adult Trump supporters be smarter than an eight-year-old?

Do you know how you know when you’re in a cult? When you accept lies as truth…even when you know they’re lies. You’ll also know you’re in a cult when you start defending those lies as truth. I’m sure some Trump cultists are already explaining that trees do indeed explode.

For the record, trees do not explode.

How crazy is it that in the fight to refute climate change, to call it a hoax and a political agenda, that you have to create crazy impossible shit that makes you sound like a dumbass? But then again, Trump is talking to a cult that believes there are deep state lizard people worshiping Satan while eating babies in the basement of a Washington pizza parlor.

If a tree falls in the forest and there’s no one there to hear it, does it still make a sound? If it explodes and there’s no one around, does that make a sound? If Donald Trump says a bunch of stupid shit and there’s no sycophants there to hear it, is Donald Trump still a dumbass? Yes. He’s still a dumbass.

And please, do not read this to a Trump supporter. I don’t want to have to explain to them there aren’t any dinosaur aliens invading us from the planet Dinosauranus.

• Haha 11
  • Thank You 1

20200916_hall2.JPG

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

For the record, trees do not explode.

Um.. eucalyptus trees will crown which looks a lot like exploding in severe fire situations. Basically the trees release oil vapour, which ignites. It's scary AF. Video from one of the Australian fires under spoiler in case anyone in a current fire zone finds this stressful.

Spoiler

In general I agree with the cartoonist, and Trump is undeniably ignorant, but that I needed to respond to.

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

image.png.f11821a80f9a77074ae3ceb55cba91fe.png

"Evil Twin Trump"

White House spokesgoon Kayleigh McEnany stood before the press corps and said Donald Trump never downplayed the coronavirus. Yet, in Bob Woodward’s recordings, Trump said, “I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down.”

Sean Hannity said it wasn’t Donald Trump who downplayed the virus. It was Joe Biden. Yet, in those recordings, it was Donald Trump, NOT Joe Biden, saying, “I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down.”

Sean Hannity also compared Donald Trump to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt by saying, “During World War II, with the country on the brink, FDR proclaimed: ‘We have nothing to fear but fear itself.’ Did the media attack him? Of course not.” Showing just how much cultists suck at history, FDR made that quote during his first inauguration in 1933 which was nearly a decade before World War II. But I digress.

During a town hall a couple nights ago, that Laura Ingraham described as an “ambush” because Trump wasn’t asked softball Fox News type questions like, “Why are you so great and terrific smelling?”, Donald Trump was asked why he downplayed the virus. He said he never downplayed the virus and in fact, he “up-played” the virus. But that’s really odd because, on that Woodward recording, Trump is heard saying…wait for it…””I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down.”

I have a difficult time believing all three of them, McEnany, Hannity, and Trump, who is the president (sic) of the United States of America, would all collectively lie to us (that’s sarcasm just in case I’m not laying it on thick enough). So, what’s the explanation for hearing Donald Trump say on a recording, “I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down,” yet it not being him saying it?

There has to be an explanation. Why, it must have been…Donald Trump’s evil twin, Damien Trump.

I mean, it all makes sense now. No president in today’s world could ever be so racist to say racist stuff like, “Send them back,” Mexicans are “rapists and murderers,” and “shithole countries,” or call someone “Pocahontas,” or retweet Nazis and “white power.”

No president could be so stupid to say stupid shit like, “raking forests,” or “windmill cancer,” or support Qanon conspiracy theories.

No genuine president would ever weaponize the Justice Department and have it run by a goon like William Barr.

No law-and-order president would ever ask a foreign nation to help with his political campaign.

No president would be so petty to feud with Goldstar families, celebrities…children.

No president would so willingly attack his predecessor and accuse him of “spying on his campaign” and committing treason.

No president who respects the Constitution would try to host summits at his golf resorts, attempt to get golf tournaments at those resorts, ignore the emolument clause, or hold the Republican National Convention on the White House lawn. No lawful president would ever suggest serving three terms.

No American president would have such praise and boot-licking worship for a Russian president. No president would say he prefers dictators over democratically-elected leaders. No American president would trust a dictator over his own intelligence agencies. No American president would ignore Vladimir Putin placing bounties on the heads of American troops.

No American president would hold service members in disdain and refer to them as “suckers” and “losers.”

No president would start his administration lying about crowd sizes. No president would have such disrespect for his constituents by telling over 22,000 lies within four years.

No president would refuse to be president for states that didn’t vote for him. No president would place the lives of Americans over his own self interest.

No American president, unless he was insane, would do the things I’ve listed above, so it must be the evil twin theory. That has to be it. Donald Trump has an evil twin and he’s been working on Making America Worse Again from day one. Except, there’s just one problem with my theory.

If Donald Trump had a twin, I’m pretty sure he’s be the evil one.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

image.png.06c1ba6fa60f1feb24472013a0452dd6.png

"Cheshire President"

I’ll be honest. I did not know how drawing Trump as a cat would turn out. The designer for the newsletter complimented me on it and I told her I was surprised it turned out as well as it did.

I say I don’t like drawing people as animals or even inanimate objects. I don’t like drawing a face on planets…shit like that. It’s so…Disney. There’s nothing wrong with it. I’m not better than the cartoonists who do it…it’s just not my thing. Then I think…but sometimes it is my thing. I really enjoyed drawing Mike Pence as a worm and I liked the cartoon from the last batch of roughs I posted where Stephen Miller and Rudy Giuliani are flapping bat goon things.

Another thing I had to do with this cartoon was go back and re-familiarize myself with Alice in Wonderland…or if I was ever that familiar with it to begin with. The most I know about Alice in Wonderland is from the video for Tom Petty’s “Don’t Come Around Here No More” and Jefferson Airplane’s “White Rabbit.”

Jared Kushner, Donald Trump’s idiot son-in-law who is one of his official advisers with no business being a White House adviser, told Bob Woodward that to understand Trump, read Alice in Wonderland. Kush, being all in on the sycophant thing, thinks that’s actually a great metaphor. As in, it doesn’t matter which path you take if you don’t know where you want to go. But maybe it really is a perfect metaphor more for the Trump supporters.

Trump’s supporters no longer have any ideals, ethics, integrity, or principles. They don’t really care about policy except for white nationalism stuff. Their biggest cause is Trump. The Republican Party is now a cult. So, it doesn’t matter what path you take as long as you take it with Donald Trump.

But don’t worry. That path is the racist path.

The path with Donald Trump is one of an alternate reality. Have you ever heard a Trump cultist defend or support Trump without lying? No, you haven’t.

• Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic