• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• fraurosena

• ADoyle90815

• WiseGirl

image.png.325e6b3dfdfc31211cfce0b28981ccdf.png

"Amy's Cult"

Amy Coney Barrett is a a judge for the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals based in Chicago and the current darling of the right-wing frenzy-feeding evangelical fucknut base. And if this is who they want, Donald Trump will give her to them. Hell, he was literally polling the crowd at one of his hate rallies this week.

Donald Trump is expected to announce Coney Barrett this Saturday, but who knows. Maybe he’ll surprise us and find someone even worse, but I doubt it. His base wanted her before he named Kavanaugh…but Trump needed white men first. But right now, his base wants Coney Barrett.

Why do they want Coney Barrett? They expect her to be the final vote banning abortions, killing Obamacare, making birth control illegal, outlawing gay marriage, and forcing every woman in the nation to wear a chastity belt.

Naturally, a conservative of this caliber is religious. She’s not just religious and a Catholic…she’s in a cult. Which makes me ask, can a person be in two cults?

Amy Coney Barrett is a member of the People of Praise, which is described as a “charismatic Christian parachurch organization.” I’m not sure I understand what that is, so I needed to research it. Unfortunately, I made the not smart decision to read about it before I went to bed last night. What followed next… were nightmares.

No, a person should not be persecuted for his or her religion but if an atheist were to be nominated to the Supreme Court, I bet one scarlet letter Republicans would be screaming bloody murder. As it turns out, Coney Barrett is in a cult that inspired…wait for it because it’s goooooooooood… The Handmaid’s Tale.

The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood is a dystopian novel about subjugated women in a patriarchal society. The cult Amy’s in has advisers assigned to each person. Male advisers are called “Heads” and the female advisers were called…wait for it again… “Handmaids.” They changed it to “Leaders” after the novel came out. It’s similar to why Donald Trump doesn’t call his secret goons infiltrating our cities as “stormtroopers.”

In Atwood’s novel, women’s bodies are governed and treated as the property of the state under a theocratic regime. In Amy’s cult, members are taught that men have authority over their wives. Members swear a lifelong loyalty oath to each other, which is already like marriage…or a Trump rally. But former members of the “organization” say that the “heads” and “handmaidens” can play a huge role in the lives of members, such as directing their choice of partner, where they live, and how they raise children.

One former member says you’ll be reported if you’re caught drinking alcohol, dating the wrong person, or even for expressing a sexual thought they find disturbing (which is odd since they don’t have a problem with a man saying he’d probably be dating his daughter if they weren’t related), For these dirty thoughts, you can be banished, which to me sounds like something you would want. Please. Banish me.

Another former member said that People of Praise believes that only married couples should have sex, and that marriage is only between a man and a woman. That’s fine. You can believe that…but I don’t want a Supreme Court Justice decided that for me and the rest of the nation.

That’s exactly what Republicans want. They’re in the minority of views. What they want, the majority of the nation doesn’t. They demand a larger chunk of representation than the rest of America which is why they love the electoral college. They know the majority of American people don’t want another fucknut on the bench and if they wait until after the election, then they won’t be able to do it…so they’re rushing now. The Republican Party expects to be rejected by the American people in November and they will lose the White House and Senate. But, they’ll be able to take comfort in the fact they forced as much as they could upon us.

The Supreme Court already has a majority that doesn’t represent the nation. The Supreme Court isn’t just in the wrong decade, but the wrong century.

Amy Coney Barrett will be on the highest court in the land making rulings about your life…your body. She’ll sit on cases involving healthcare, abortion, birth control, gay marriage, civil rights, etc. It’s not good.

And now you know why I had nightmares last night. The Handmaid’s Tale is a dystopian nightmare of a fictional autocratic society. The author, Margaret Atwood, sat on the book for three years because she thought the concept was just too crazy. It’s kinda like when The Simpsons did episodes back in the 1990s of Donald Trump being president because the idea of a Trump presidency was too crazy and ridiculous. Now, he’s making lifetime appointments to the Supreme Court. Now it’s our nightmare.

Two questions for Amy Coney Barrett: Are you in a cult? And, did you have to take a loyalty oath to either?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

In Amy’s cult, members are taught that men have authority over their wives.

If this is true (and I believe it is), then that would mean Any would defer to her husband in all things. And that would mean her husband will be telling her how to vote... 

I hope a Dem questions her on this. If McConnell allows hearings, that is.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

Well, the republicans are known for their hypocrisy. Sure , all other women have to submit to their husbands and be homemakers, but oh no, Amy is an exception to their own rules. Remember Phyllis Schafly?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

image.png.293219ea7a0e888f413659b36944f528.png

"Vote Him Out"

Often while wearing a face mask, I’ll smile at someone and then realize, they don’t know I’m smiling at them. I’m sure you’ve done that too. Usually for me, it’s while I’m at the post office and I kinda want to assure them they’re not pissing me off, then I realize, they can’t see the smile. I’ve literally told people, “you can’t see it but I’m smiling at you.”

Of course, if they can’t tell you’re smiling at them, then they also can’t tell if you’re frowning…or mouthing dirty words. I wonder if Donald Trump was mouthing expletives yesterday while being booed amidst chants of “vote him out.” From the photos, he looked very confused.

While pretending to show his respects to Ruth Bader Ginsburg at the Supreme Court, Donald Trump was confronted with reality which is a rare exception for him. Usually, he’s surrounded by sycophants and cultists. If he’s not at a MAGAt rally full of his devoted racist cult followers, he’s in the White House with ass-kissers like Kayleigh McEnany, or elected Republicans who can’t even bring themselves to disagree with him on something as dangerous as a peaceful transfer of power. You know, treason.

It’s very rare for Donald Trump to be in an atmosphere where he can experience how people actually feel about him. Shortly after the election in 2016, crowds gathered outside Trump Tower to let him know how they felt. Trump Tower is in a voting precinct Donald Trump lost by 38 percent. Ouch. They don’t even like him in his home town.

Another time was at the United Nations where those assembled for his bullshit literally laughed at him. The White House defended that as, “they were laughing with him.” Yeah, what made them laugh was when he said he had accomplished more than any president before him. That is some stuff to chuckle to.

He was also booed at a Nationals baseball game, which isn’t surprising because that was in the capital, a very liberal city. He was booed at a UFC event. He was booed at his inauguration which is something special because that crowd traveled to boo him.

Donald Trump could also step outside the White House on any given day and see protests against him…you know, if he doesn’t have it cleared out with teargas first.

So, as Donald Trump emerged from the Supreme Court building yesterday, he was greeted by the crowd…people who showed up to genuinely show their respects to the late justice. Donald Trump was booed and received a chant of “vote him out.” Naturally, Donald Trump said, “I didn’t hear that.”

In an episode of The Simpsons, as a crowd boos Mr. Burns, his toady, Smithers, tells him they’re saying Boo-urns. Donald Trump is more ridiculous, and evil, than Mr. Burns.

Donald Trumps says the only way he’ll lose in November is if there’s fraud. The only way he’ll win is if there’s fraud. Why do you think Donald Trump wants to stop mail-in voting, at least in states not run by Republicans? Why do you think he’s on a fear-mongering campaign that mail-in voting is rife with fraud? Why do you think the Senate wants to go ahead and confirm a Supreme Court justice now? It’s because Donald Trump is going to lose the election.

Here’s the deal, kids. America doesn’t like Donald Trump. That’s shocking to Donald Trump who refers to himself as “your favorite president.” But, since we’re all not Nazis, he’s not our favorite president. Donald Trump has been rejected by the American public every time America has had an opportunity.

More Americans voted against him than for him in 2016. Accept if he loses in 2020? He still hasn’t accepted he lost to Hillary Clinton in 2016. He even created a fake commission that couldn’t even find enough bullshit to gaslight that he won the popular vote.

In 2018, America rejected Donald Trump by giving Congress to the Democratic Party (it’s “Democratic,” not “Democrat,” by the way).

While Mitch McConnell, Trump, and other fucknut Republicans are saying voting now for a Supreme Court justice is giving America what it wants because they heard its voice, the real voice says no. Polls show Americans want to wait until the next presidential term, no matter whose term it is. McConnell argues they returned the Senate to Republicans and even increased their seats in 2018. The fact is 12 million more Americans voted for Democratic Senate candidates than for Republican ones.

For Republicans, reality is a motherfucker.

The only way Donald Trump and Republicans can stay in power is if they cheat…and they’re going to cheat. Hopefully, enough Democratic and independent voters get out enough to overcome Republican cheating.

On November 3rd, America is going to reject Donald Trump. He’s going to be furious. I expect a scowl to remain on his face for the rest of his life. It’s there most of the time anyway. I also expect him to curse a lot…even more than usual. He may wanna wear that face mask permanently.

On November 3rd, America is going to reject its most hated president. On November 3rd, we’re going to vote him out.

• Upvote 5

image.png.cfbbb0132b437db22516c0a854f6d5d4.png

"A Peaceful Transfer"

For the first time in this election cycle, I’m ready to make a prediction.

In 2016, I predicted Hillary Clinton would win the election. I take small comfort in that there were a lot of other people who made the same prediction and she did win the majority of voters. Where I was wrong was with the electoral college and who would take the White House. As people continue to scream about the polling in 2016, the polling was correct. The results of the election landed in the margin of error. That’s very small comfort as we watched Donald Trump destroy our nation over the past four years.

Now, I’m predicting Donald Trump will lose the popular and electoral college in 2020. But, I’m not predicting he won’t be in the White House in 2021. Donald Trump is going to do everything he can to remain in the White House. Even if he needs the military to surround it to protect him. At the very least, we won’t see him golfing at Mar-a-Lago for a while.

Before, I wasn’t going to commit to a prediction because I was so wrong in 2016. But I changed my mind. Why? I think Donald Trump is going to lose because Donald Trump thinks he’s going to lose. Mitch McConnell thinks he’s going to lose. William Barr thinks he’s going to lose. Russia thinks he’s going to lose. The entire Republican senate thinks he’s going to lose. Fox News thinks he’s going to lose.

Republicans are rushing to install a new Supreme Court Justice because they don’t think they’ll be around next year to do it. Donald Trump has openly stated he wants a new justice so she (it’s a she) can help keep him remain installed after the election. He plans to take whatever happens in the election to the Supreme Court. And since this next justice is already in a cult that believes women are subservient to men, then why won’t she believe she’s to be subservient to the man who put her on the court? Did Coney get the same question as Comey? Did Trump demand her loyalty for the job?

Donald Trump keeps telling us mail-in ballots can’t be trusted. William Barr thinks Donald Trump is going to lose because he keeps saying the same thing. He even had the Justice Department coordinate with the Trump Campaign over news that nine ballots were misplaced in Pennsylvania, and all nine ballots were for Trump. The thing here is, the ballots weren’t all for Trump in a county that Trump won in 2020, they were all military ballots, and there should not have been any announcement on who the ballots were marked for. That is propaganda.

By announcing all nine ballots were for Trump when they weren’t (but even if they were), is trying to give the impression there is fraud against Trump. Somebody getting confused and misplacing them isn’t fraud. There is no evidence of fraud…but the Justice Department is trying to put their thumb on the scale during an election…and it’s not even October yet.

Now, Donald Trump won’t commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses. Why? Because he knows he’s going to lose.

I’m a history buff. I was a history major in college and I can’t remember any president ever refusing to commit to a peaceful transfer of power.

Mitch McConnell defended Trump by saying we’ve had peaceful transfers of power since George Washington was reelected. Apparently, Moscow Mitch sucks at history because there is no transfer of power after a president is reelected.

When George H.W. Bush lost to Bill Clinton, he rode in the car with Clinton to the inauguration. Jimmy Carter did it with Ronald Reagan, the man who defeated him. Gerald Bush did it with Carter. Donald Trump is refusing to even commit to that ride. He’s ready for civil war. He’s firing up the base to riot.

My proofreader Laura told me this cartoon is more reporting than a cartoon, other than the sippy cup (which she loved). She’s right.

Donald Trump said there would not be any need for a peaceful transfer because he’s not going anywhere. He said there wouldn’t be any problems if we get rid of the ballots. He didn’t say “mail-in ballots.” He said “ballots.” full stop.

Donald Trump has talked about delaying the election. If we don’t have an election, we won’t need a transfer of power. Basically, the only way Donald Trump is committed to a peaceful transfer is if there’s no transfer. On top of all this, Donald Trump is talking about a third team. Sheesh…wait until after you successfully steal the second term.

Donald Trump wants to be our first dictator. He wants to get rid of democracy. He has the Justice Department doing his bidding. He wants to control the courts and the senate. Moscow, Mitch and Putin, are helping him with this.

Even if you actually like what Donald Trump has done as president, you need to vote against him…unless of course, you actually want to live in a dictatorship. It doesn’t take a history degree to understand that a president trying to destroy an election is trying to build a dictatorship.

Defeating Donald Trump in the election, even by a small margin, should be enough. But it won’t be. We need to defeat Donald Trump by a large margin. We need a landslide. I don’t care if you don’t like Joe Biden. It’s not about him. It’s about us. It’s about getting rid of Trump.

Vote him out now because next time, we may not get a vote.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic