IGNORED

Melania Trump 2: She's Just As Bad As Her Husband

GreyhoundFan

She is horrible and disgusting and shallow.

However, the "give me a fucking break" was about how she felt pressured to focus on the traditional old-fashioned First Lady role of planning Christmas, and did so, after which "they" (reporters, I assume) only wanted to know about the serious issues, like children separated from parents at the border.

Now, I am not defending her general attitude - it would be quite possible for a First Lady to be truly active in helping to solve serious problems, and speaking out against them, while also doing as much as she wanted with the old-fashioned "it's the woman's job" shit.

Clearly she is being petulant and childish and blaming others in that recording, just like her husband. She's stamping her tiny foot and saying she did what they wanted, so why aren't they praising her? Why do they want to know about something different now?

Is she making a false equivalency? Absolutely. There's no reason reporters shouldn't ask her about any issue they feel is valid, and her thinking that she was somehow off the hook for any questions or criticism because she deigned to bother with Christmas decorations is stupid and childish.

But I don' think she was saying "give me a fucking break" directly about the issue of children separated from their parents.

Do I think she cares about those kids, and all of the other racist, stupid, dangerous horrors her husband has caused? Nope  - I suspect she's too shallow and selfish to care.

But I don't think that recording proves it, and I think it makes our side of the argument look bad to paint it that way.

JMO.

Edited by thoughtful
added missing word
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

She is horrible and disgusting and shallow.

However, the "give me a fucking break" was about how she felt pressured to focus on the traditional old-fashioned First Lady role of planning Christmas, and did so, after which "they" (reporters, I assume) only wanted to know about the serious issues, like children separated from parents at the border.

Now, I am not defending her general attitude - it would be quite possible for a First Lady to be truly active in helping to solve serious problems, and speaking out against them, while also doing as much as she wanted with the old-fashioned "it's the woman's job" shit.

Clearly she is being petulant and childish and blaming others in that recording, just like her husband. She's stamping her tiny foot and saying she did what they wanted, so why aren't they praising her? Why do they want to know about something different now?

Is she making a false equivalency? Absolutely. There's no reason reporters shouldn't ask her about any issue they feel is valid, and her thinking that she was somehow off the hook for any questions or criticism because she deigned to bother with Christmas decorations is stupid and childish.

But I don' think she was saying "give me a fucking break" directly about the issue of children separated from their parents.

Do I think she cares about those kids, and all of the other racist, stupid, dangerous horrors her husband has caused? Nope  - I suspect she's too shallow and selfish to care.

But I don't think that recording proves it, and I think it makes our side of the argument look bad to paint it that way.

JMO.

I agree.

To me, her petulant, trash-mouth attitude is most noteworthy. The me, me, woe is me mein. The hatred of liberal media.  In that regard, she is exactly like her husband.

Could anyone imagine Michelle Obama speaking that way, with that attitude and callousness?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

44 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Could anyone imagine Michelle Obama speaking that way, with that attitude and callousness?

If there were a recording of Michelle Obama saying "Who gives a fuck about Christmas stuff and decoration," Kirk Cameron would be breathing via a brown paper bag and we would never hear the end of the cries of "War on Christmas!!!" 

And I'm sorry but the First Lady has a bevy of assistants and consultants. Choosing one set up of Christmas decorations over another from a set of photographs is not "working my ass off." It's not like they had her up in a cherry picker with a power drill. If she doesn't care about decorations, fine. Outsource it. I'm sure plenty of First Ladies have in the past.

There have been First Ladies who have bucked the "be pretty and do Christmas tours" limitations. She has the opportunity to have a powerful platform to focus on whatever cause she is passionate about. I think she just doesn't care about much other than fairly vapid pursuits and being able to avoid difficult thoughts. Which is her prerogative. But she's also a grown woman in a free country who can divorce her husband if she hates this role so much. She seems to want to have her gilded cake and eat it too. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Welp, @thoughtful, these tapes show she was actually dismissive of the plight of the children. 

Did I say callous, in my last post? Well, that was an understatement. Heartless would have been more accurate.

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 10

• 2 weeks later...

Awww poor Malaria

First lady Melania Trump is airing her personal grievances on the White House website to the astonishment of readers.

President Donald Trump's wife bashed her former friend Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who recently published a tell-all book about the first lady and her family, in a blog post on the official White House website, reported Politico.

"As a country, we cannot continue to get lost in the noise of negativity and encourage ambition by those who seek only to promote themselves," Melania Trump wrote.

"I have most recently found this to be the case as major news outlets eagerly covered salacious claims made by a former contractor who advised my office," she added. "A person who said she 'made me' even though she hardly knew me, and someone who clung to me after my husband won the Presidency."

If you're worried about negativity and people only promoting themselves go talk to your hubby first, Malaria. 

Meanwhile, please become familiar with glass houses.

• Upvote 13

So if Melania leaves Trump, will he complain he hardly knew her?

Conversely, if Trump goes to prison or has to leave the country will Melania claim she hardly knew him?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

On 10/2/2020 at 3:32 PM, fraurosena said:

Welp, @thoughtful, these tapes show she was actually dismissive of the plight of the children. 

Did I say callous, in my last post? Well, that was an understatement. Heartless would have been more accurate.

Didn't see this until just now - thanks for posting it.

Yeah, it's no surprise. She's slime.

She also can't seem to see the big picture, that people like her husband are complicit in  creating horrible places to live. Donald and people like him care about profit and power, letting the obscenely wealthy pay too little, pollute the planet and get more obscenely wealthy. That creates the kind of area from which people need to escape to survive.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

On 8/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

I wonder where the faux gold statue of Dumpy is located.

image.png.1bfb0deacec985a8067d5b0f57023a51.png

In the bathroom with his gold toilet.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

She doesn't get it, does she?

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 6

I'm surprised she even speaks during her speeches.

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 1
  • Confused 2

She is just as idiotic as her spouse:

• WTF 7

Oh Melania, you poor dumb little twit.  If you don’t like the way the media portrays your husband via *his own behavior* as a racist, lying bully, then maybe he shouldn’t *be* a racist, lying bully.  Dumbass.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

If Melania was planning on voting in Florida today, why did Trump vote early? Did she refuse to do the usual picture or video of the candidate and his or her spouse going to vote together on Election Day? :think:

Edited by Cartmann99
Clarity, I no write good.
  • Upvote 7

I like to think she is secretly voting for Biden and didn't want him looking over her shoulder, but that's probably me dreaming.

The Gucci print of the bits put in horses' mouths to control and steer them is an interesting choice. Any symbolism there, Melania, or are you too stupid for that?

https://www.matchesfashion.com/en-fr/products/Gucci-Pleated-horsebit-print-silk-faille-dress-1272386

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

If Melania was planning on voting in Florida today, why did Trump vote early? Did she refuse to do the usual picture or video of the candidate and his or her spouse going to vote together on Election Day? :think:

Bet she didn’t have to stand in line 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

56 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I like to think she is secretly voting for Biden and didn't want him looking over her shoulder, but that's probably me dreaming.

The Gucci print of the bits put in horses' mouths to control and steer them is an interesting choice. Any symbolism there, Melania, or are you too stupid for that?

https://www.matchesfashion.com/en-fr/products/Gucci-Pleated-horsebit-print-silk-faille-dress-1272386

I simply can't get over the fact that tacky cheap-looking dress costs over $3264,- :pb_eek:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 8

7 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I simply can't get over the fact that tacky cheap-looking dress costs over $3264,- :pb_eek:

That's $4,614 in American dollars. Should I buy a dress, or pay the mortgage for a few months?

Decisions, decisions. :think:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

Yes, it’s actually a rather uninspired dress.  The style seems very basic, like something you could get from the JC Penney catalog in 1998.  the close up of the print in @thoughtful’s link looks almost cartoonish; it has a heavy dark outline and the colors look flat and unblended.  I don’t know my fabrics, so maybe silk faille is high-end, so there’s that.......

I think I’ll pass ?

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, catlady said:

I don’t know my fabrics, so maybe silk faille is high-end, so there’s that.......

According to this fabric website, cheap silk faille is $29.99 a yard and their most expensive is $54.99 a yard.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

It depends... How badly does she want out of the White House (and her marriage?)

• Upvote 5

I can’t feel sorry for Melania, she married him for his money. His affairs probably didn’t matter to her (IMO) as it kept him away from her. She got what she wanted out of the marriage - money, a baby and her parents settled in the US. She seems to detest him and finds it difficult to pretend otherwise. I do hope for Barron’s sake that she no longer lives with the orange twatwaffle come January. Hopefully if Barron doesn’t  have to live with his father and can avoid having to visit him as he gets older he won’t turn into a monster like his brothers and eldest sister. The jury’s out on Tiffany. She may be awful or just accepted a huge pay off from her orange daddy to make a fool of her self giving that speech a couple of weeks ago. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

20 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

I can’t feel sorry for Melania, she married him for his money. His affairs probably didn’t matter to her (IMO) as it kept him away from her. She got what she wanted out of the marriage - money, a baby and her parents settled in the US. She seems to detest him and finds it difficult to pretend otherwise. I do hope for Barron’s sake that she no longer lives with the orange twatwaffle come January. Hopefully if Barron doesn’t  have to live with his father and can avoid having to visit him as he gets older he won’t turn into a monster like his brothers and eldest sister. The jury’s out on Tiffany. She may be awful or just accepted a huge pay off from her orange daddy to make a fool of her self giving that speech a couple of weeks ago. 

Hopefully Barron will be able to have some semblance of a normal adolescence. Let him go to boarding school, like his siblings, and go to a college other than Penn or Georgetown (nothing wrong with either school, just trying to let him do his own thing).

• Upvote 11