IGNORED

Melania Trump 2: She's Just As Bad As Her Husband

GreyhoundFan

23 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Melania brings back the muumuu.

Does Christian Louboutin make shoes that go along with muumuus?  

My first thought was that she chose that dress because she knew Donald wouldn't approve.  He's so concerned with image.  I'm sure he hated it.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

yeah, but most people would have more taste than to buy that.. even if they had the money for it.. personally, i wouldn't wear it, even if somebody paid me

I'd shorten it above the knee, and use the extra fabric for a mask, hair tie....and bolero jacket....

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Just now, moreorlessnu said:

I'd shorten it above the knee, and use the extra fabric for a mask, hair tie....and bolero jacket....

I actually like the geometry of the pattern, but not in orange (I disliked orange long before DT came on the scene), and not for a dress. In another color combination, as drapes or upholstery, it has potential.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Even though I could wear the colors I hate the seventies wallpaper pattern. 

• I Agree 4

14 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

That’s a brilliant idea and a hark back to the ‘60s. 70’s fashion was horrible. I was a young teenager. I thinks that’s why I began wearing Jeans. Everything else was so cringe making. 

On 12/25/2020 at 9:07 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Trump has tried, anyway.

kuva.png.1bb6dafc0e9f3bb7a0644b13e091184b.png

Although I suppose that's a pretty old picture.

Every time this pic pops up I just think imagine peaking over the Duvet and watching that walk into the bathroom naked? ?

• Disgust 10

9 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Even though I could wear the colors I hate the seventies wallpaper pattern. 

Interestingly, I would like it as wallpaper. It’s busy, so maybe just an accent wall.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah better hurry up Malaria and divorce that SOB while you can still get some money out of Asshole Fuck Face of Murica.

Rumours have claimed that the couple are in the midst of a ‘martial rift’, according to the Daily Star.

Eric Schiffer, a brand and reputation management expert, says that it is likely that Melania’s advisers will be urging her to ‘move fast’ as a divorce ‘could cost Donald an estimated £150m’.

Melania could potentially lose cash as her husband’s assets could become tied up and he “won’t have the cold cash to pay out”.

Mr Schiffer said: “An indictment for Melania will be neither cool nor fashionable to her acquired tastes.

If she doesn't get indicted ten bucks says that by 2030 she will be back in Slovakia denying that she ever left the country or that she was ever married to Donald Dumbfuck.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah better hurry up Malaria and divorce that SOB while you can still get some money out of Asshole Fuck Face of Murica.

If she doesn't get indicted ten bucks says that by 2030 she will be back in Slovakia denying that she ever left the country or that she was ever married to Donald Dumbfuck.

Or she’s ‘divorcing’ him in name only, securing £150m out of the assets that the Trumps still have and keeping it safe from being frozen or confiscated during the legal processes Trump is facing.

Am I cynical? You bet.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Rumours have claimed that the couple are in the midst of a ‘martial rift’,

How can they tell?

He has a permanent pout, she has a permanent frown.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Or she’s ‘divorcing’ him in name only, securing £150m out of the assets that the Trumps still have and keeping it safe from being frozen or confiscated during the legal processes Trump is facing.

Am I cynical? You bet.

Yeah that’s a good point. Wouldn’t put it past them to do something like that.  It’s just been very transactional with both of them so that would be par for the course. 

• Upvote 7

Well, if everything that happened during the presidency showed a happy marriage, I don't know.. That's just sad.. but I guess they deserve each other..

Doubt she'll be going back to Slovenia though. Certainly do not want to have her there, that's way to close to home for me..

• Upvote 3

On 2/2/2021 at 7:45 AM, 47of74 said:

Yeah that’s a good point. Wouldn’t put it past them to do something like that.  It’s just been very transactional with both of them so that would be par for the course. 

Everything about the Trumps is about the $$$$$$. 

If they divorce and she gets a big settlement, I'd bet it's sheltering money. If it's scrappy and he fights every penny, it's a real divorce.

Though they might have to re-negotiate their prenup (again) to give her more cash. Although I bet she came out well in the last negotiation before she agreed to move to DC.

• Upvote 12

• 2 weeks later...

LOL. "Melania Trump Doesn’t Mention Donald Trump In Happy Valentine’s Day Posts"

Melania Trump shared two Valentine’s Day wishes over the weekend ― but neither mentioned her husband, former President Donald Trump.

The former first lady used both Twitter posts to highlight past visits with children in the hospital and elsewhere.

“Sending them love & strength, today & everyday. #HappyValentinesDay,” she tweeted Sunday. “It was wonderful to meet all of the incredible children from all around the world. Wishing everyone a happy #ValentinesDay weekend!” she added in another.

image.png.5a0ce0a20b8013a83aed97291692c1e0.png

Of course the twice-impeached Trump has been banned from Twitter for inciting violence and couldn’t tweet any kind of Valentine’s Day sentiment.

Meanwhile, first lady Jill Biden shopped for macarons for President Joe Biden for the lovers’ holiday, and the commander-in-chief became the romancer in chief in a mushy tweet to his wife.

The Trumps had their awkward couple moments while they occupied the White House ― especially on the hand-holding front.

And Melania Trump’s failure to mention her husband’s name on Valentine’s Day gladdened the hearts of some Twitter users, who instead of sending candy and flowers delivered a box of snark.

image.png.e3f3e97371d0daa08cc43e1c77a293ac.png

image.png.1f0ec8f2d6ffea72e00e3f4f9419f1aa.png

• Upvote 7

This article is from a few days ago, but I thought it was interesting: "Melania Trump disengaged from her husband's second impeachment trial and bitter over Jill Biden's publicity"

(CNN)While former President Donald Trump watches his second impeachment trial unfold, Melania Trump spends most of her time post-White House relaxing at the spa and staying out of the fray.

Though she has been checking in on the trial, says one source familiar with her interest level, the former first lady has mentally all but left Washington behind, unlike her husband.

According to multiple people who spoke to CNN about Trump's life in the weeks since she departed the nation's capital, her daily schedule has nothing to do with politics, Congress, trials or stymied social media accounts.

"She goes to the spa, has lunch, goes to the spa (again) and has dinner with Donald on the patio," said one person familiar with Melania Trump's schedule at Mar-a-Lago, her home in Palm Beach, Florida. "Rinse and repeat. Every day."

Another person familiar with her daily routine confirms Trump's affinity for the private club's spa facilities, noting it is not unusual for her to spend several hours a day there, enjoying the benefits at her disposal, often going twice in a 24-hour period, for massages, nail care, facial treatments or other items on the menu.

"She almost always does dinner," said a third person who has seen Trump outside of the spa. She spends her evenings on the outdoor patio of Mar-a-Lago, where she prefers fish for an entrée, according to the source, and is often joined at the table by her parents, Viktor and Amalija Knavs, who reside in a private suite of rooms at Mar-a-Lago for much of the year.

Though she is now a former first lady of the United States, her daily routine has not seen a significant change.

"It's pretty much the same as it was before (she was first lady) or even when she would come down during vacations," said the source familiar with Trump's schedule, noting there is not much evidence to delineate pre- and post-White House activities or work.

Melania Trump's office did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment.

Trump is in the midst of setting up an official office and has hired three former employees from her East Wing staff in the hopes of resurrecting her Be Best campaign of helping children, continuing her "work," as she calls it to friends.

Moments of bitterness

Yet there have been moments of bitterness and regret, say several people with knowledge of Trump's conversations of late, most notably since Joe Biden's inauguration and with respect to the activities of her successor, Jill Biden.

When Trump left Washington, she had the worst favorability ratings of any modern first lady upon departure from the White House, according to polling conducted by SSRS for CNN.

At one time, early in her tenure, that wasn't the case -- Melania Trump was the most-liked member of the Trump family and the broader administration. But it's possible that Donald Trump's incendiary style, even though not necessarily something his wife condoned, had the residual effect of chipping away at the first lady's popularity. After the January 6 attack on the Capitol, Melania Trump did not make a statement denouncing the violence for five days.

"She could see how it was going to go for her," said one former White House official who spoke to CNN, noting that Trump felt she was in a lose-lose predicament whether she spoke publicly or not. If she condemned the violence, her husband and his base would be angered and it would create a stir about her breaking with the President. And by staying silent, she was implying support for what happened.

"Once (the insurrection) happened, she knew there was nothing to gain for her by speaking out or doing something -- so she didn't do anything," the former White House official said.

Two members of the first lady's staff resigned shortly after the deadly insurrection in protest of the administration's seeming acquiescence.

Trump, according to a person familiar with her schedule, had planned on going to Biden's inauguration and learned she would not be attending when her husband tweeted he would not go.

Disappointed by the way she left Washington, she has been "bitter and chilly" at times toward her husband, upset that her image became collateral damage in his quest to denounce the election and procure a peaceful transfer of power, two of the people familiar with her thinking of late note.

But Trump's most fervent ire has come from watching Jill Biden kick off her East Wing tenure on nearly the antithesis of the path Trump took. Biden moved into the White House right away, for starters, and had a staff hired and fleshed out within two weeks of the inauguration. Trump, meanwhile, remained in New York for the first five months of the administration, ostensibly to let son Barron finish up the school year; she never had more than 12 people on her White House staff, at times there were as few as seven. (Jill Biden already has nearly a dozen full-time staff members and is expected to add more.)

Though Melania Trump reportedly left a note of welcome for Biden in the Executive Residence, she has still not spoken to her, eschewing a long-held tradition of first ladies.

Trump has also taken note of the publicity her successor has garnered.

Within weeks of becoming first lady, Biden has done an interview with People magazine, gracing the cover with her husband, the new President, and was featured in Parents magazine, where she discussed her empathy for families dealing with homeschooling their children during the pandemic. The Bidens also appeared in a televised message that aired prior to last Sunday's Super Bowl.

Jill Biden has held at least seven events or speaking engagements since becoming first lady, on topics including military families, cancer prevention, health care, community college education and support for teachers. Prior to leaving Washington on January 20, Melania Trump had not been seen publicly for three weeks and had not held a solo public event for six weeks -- a schedule not entirely uncommon for the former first lady, who opted to maintain a less robust calendar, her staff said, to provide more focus on being a wife and mother.

Publicity

The attention Biden has been getting has not gone unnoticed by Trump, say those who know her. Though she is lamenting the media focus on her successor, Trump turned down several similar offers from national publications throughout her time as first lady, according to two people who worked closely with her. When presented with offers and asks for participation, it was Trump who would not want to do them.

In four years, she never did an interview with a national publication.

"Donald was more upset about Melania not getting magazine covers than Melania was," said Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who served as Trump's senior adviser during her first several months as first lady before the relationship went south.

On Christmas Day, then-President Trump retweeted a conservative media outlet's tweet pointing out the lack of magazine covers, citing "elitist snobs in the fashion press." Trump called his wife, "The greatest of all time."

Laura Bush was featured on at least six magazines during her two terms as first lady and Michelle Obama more than twice that.

Wolkoff told CNN it was not that the country wasn't interested in reading about Trump, it was that the fiercely private first lady was not interested in allowing the public to get to know her.

"Melania intentionally didn't do press as a defense mechanism," said Wolkoff, who wrote about her experiences with Trump in her book, "Melania & Me: The Rise and Fall of My Friendship with the First Lady." "She and I would always discuss this reasoning and that's why everything was choreographed or emailed, or be 'approved' quotes or statements that I would often write."

The lack of interest in sitting for an interview, out of privacy and concern for what might be asked and require an answer, was for Trump a paramount strategy, according to Wolkoff. Now Trump, according to multiple people familiar with her thinking, is second-guessing that tactic.

But the former first lady is not blaming herself in hindsight, she's blaming others -- former staff members, magazine editors, and corporations and foundations that opted not to work with her because of the former President's political rhetoric. Trump has recently been noting to acquaintances that she thinks she could have participated in more media opportunities and policy events had her staff been more accommodating to her needs.

"That seems unfair, but typical to blame everyone else," said someone familiar with Trump's thinking during her White House years. "Everyone knows Melania Trump does what she wants when she wants, and not one staffer on her team could have done anything to change that."

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This article is from a few days ago, but I thought it was interesting: "Melania Trump disengaged from her husband's second impeachment trial and bitter over Jill Biden's publicity"

What a vacuous, useless person.  I cannot imagine spending all my time in the spa, day after day.  And she wants to continue Be Best?  It was invisible during her time in the White House!  If she starts a foundation or something, it will simply be a tax dodge.  

• I Agree 10

I was puttering around the Facebook pages of some of Bro Gary's commenters last night, and found a picture of Melania Trump that someone claimed had been banned from somewhere (not Facebook, obviously!). It was just a close-up of her face, squinting (not sure if she has a choice about that, after whatever plastic surgery permasquinted her eyes) and pouting under a fur hat.

All of the comments were about how classy she is, and how she was the only truly wonderful First Lady ever, of course.

My mind, overexposed to sci-fi and movies with dream sequences, went to a theoretical situation where we could describe several spouses of people in office, past and present, and ask people their opinions of those spouses.

The fantasy part would be that the people we were asking would have no memory of the actual person in question, no way to catch on who we were talking about.

So, fundies, how would you feel about a woman who had posed naked, posed simulating sexual contact with another woman, came to the US from a foreign country to find rich men, probably slept with lots of people before marriage, married a rich man, had an undeserved genius visa, lied about her achievements, speaks broken English, had what you would call an "anchor baby," (just one - I bet you wonder if some birth control and/or abortions were involved in there not being more), used her status to bring her foreign parents over to the US, has had a lot of plastic surgery to change how God made her, is not saved or a church-goer, refused to join her husband for his first several months in office, now acts as if  she is loath to touch him and is never seen chatting normally or laughing with him, never did anything useful as First Lady, mostly walked around pouting and posing (very much the hard, glamor-obsessed, self-indulgent model, rather than a warm, motherly figure), doesn't seem to care for her child or cook or clean, shows signs of being in a nasty rivalry with at least one of her stepchildren, wore a jacket with an inflammatory message while visiting children in peril, and changed the layout of an outdoor area of the White House about which people had great sentimental feelings due to their memories of a First Lady from years past.

And, to top it all off, she was not only a soldier, but a four-star general, in the "war against Christmas" (she used the F-word while saying nobody cares about it! :shocked: ). And most of her Christmas decorations spat in the face of tradition.

Did I leave anything out (that they would care about, that is)?

They'd assume she was a horrible liberal Demoncrat and want to spit in her face.  Some of them would want her dead, and predict that she'd split Hell wide open when she got there.

I know, this is hardly original - I guess I just needed to make that list of all the things they would hate about her if they were being honest.

The inability of some people to live in reality is so bizarre.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Agree and so interesting, @thoughtful!

How many years ago was Donnie a democrat, and was he already with Melania at that time?

I wonder if her official political stance (I assume she is eligible to vote?  as there was discussion of her voting in Florida in Nov) changed when his did?

Who knows what her actual thoughts and opinions are on political topics.

Also intriguing: before the next presidential election, Barron becomes eligible to vote.  If he goes off to college or in any other way separates himself from his dad and has contact with friends and the broader world, I'm so curious how he'll register himself, partywise.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, church_of_dog said:

Agree and so interesting, @thoughtful!

How many years ago was Donnie a democrat, and was he already with Melania at that time?

I wonder if her official political stance (I assume she is eligible to vote?  as there was discussion of her voting in Florida in Nov) changed when his did?

Who knows what her actual thoughts and opinions are on political topics.

Also intriguing: before the next presidential election, Barron becomes eligible to vote.  If he goes off to college or in any other way separates himself from his dad and has contact with friends and the broader world, I'm so curious how he'll register himself, partywise.

I'm also curious how she voted in November. We know how she voted in 2016, because Donnie was looking over her shoulder while she did it - but this time she went alone to vote (as alone as a first lady gets, anyway). 

The only thing I disagree with @thoughtful on, and it's slight, is the part about caring for Barron. She clearly doesn't actually do the WORK of caring for him at all, but she does seem to actually care about him. Enough to keep him out of the public eye a decent amount, anyway. I agree with everything else, though - she (and her husband) are everything fundamentalists hate. Yet somehow they love them.

Anyone else wonder if the spa at Mar-A-Lago has a secret exit she can sneak out of? She can't possibly be getting facials and massages all day every day. Is there a cute pool boy or towel attendant working nearby?

• Upvote 10

33 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Did I leave anything out (that they would care about, that is)?

she wears pants.  im still scandelized.

• Haha 6
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Anyone else wonder if the spa at Mar-A-Lago has a secret exit she can sneak out of? She can't possibly be getting facials and massages all day every day. Is there a cute pool boy or towel attendant working nearby?

I wondered the same thing.

The other thing I was thinking is that I bet she's a lousy tipper to the spa employees.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

The only thing I disagree with @thoughtful on, and it's slight, is the part about caring for Barron. She clearly doesn't actually do the WORK of caring for him at all, but she does seem to actually care about him.

Not a disagreement - I meant "cares for" as in doing what the fundies would consider women's work, not as in emotion.

She's hard to read, but I also think she cares about him, in her way.

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

she wears pants.  im still scandelized.

How could I leave that out? Thank you.

I looked back at my list and thought about it from my own point of view. The jacket is the only thing I would truly condemn.

I share a few things on that list with Melania - not a saved church-goer, had sexual relationships while single, not much of a homemaker or cook, curse freely, and, as @HerNameIsBuffy reminded us, wear pants. I don't care about Christmas and wish it wasn't celebrated as a national holiday.

I have mixed feelings about the Rose Garden, and honestly admit I don't know all of the details. Spoiler for length and distraction from my main point:

Spoiler

While it seems like things were taken away, I have read that the trees were not killed, but replanted elsewhere, it was made accessible to wheelchairs (which, to me, is a big deal, and certainly not something people on the liberal side of life would condemn), and there were tech advances and improved drainage.

There was a team advising (so I don't think it was just Melania being spiteful), and it was not paid for with taxpayer money.

I am not sentimental about Jackie Kennedy, but, for those who are, some pictures and descriptions show or describe changes that actually go back to more of what Jackie Kennedy had.

The only thing I've heard that seems off is that the number of rose bushes was reduced. I rather liked the idea of roses being the most prominent plant in a spot called The Rose Garden.

I'm not an expert on gardening, but I've seen and done enough to know that changes are frequent. There are seasons that are more colorful and flowery, and seasons when pastels and foliage are predominant, including August in that zone. Most plants don't live for 60 years, so they were mostly taking out things that had nothing to do with the origin of the garden in 1913 or the remodel in 1962.

I think this would have gotten no attention, or would even have been lauded, if it hadn't been done by the Trumps.

I only included it as an example of fundies and their "all old things are better" crap.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/melania-trump-destroy-rose-garden/

I have no problems with immigrants and visitors, or expect them to conform to everything USish - I once fell in love with a man who was here on a visa and spoke very little, very broken English.

Most other items are something about which I'd be neutral, think it was none of my business, or chide myself "well, you wouldn't do it, but you had advantages she didn't have - being born in the US, having parents who could help finance your college, marketable skills, etc."

But then, I'm not a fundie. But it was funny to realize that, as much as she disgusts me in some ways, I'm more approving of Melania than they would be, if she wasn't married to Donald.

• Upvote 4