IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

58 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

Just to clarify the reason I've always used that particular term is because it's the way my grandfather always said it. He was a registered democrat and he always used to say that, no matter who was running, he would always "vote Democrat". It's just a phrase I picked up as a child.

Not a chance in hell. When it comes to politics I prefer to vote for the platform, not the party. If my country was living in peaceful times right now (no Covid, no rioting, etc...) you bet your ass I'd be voting for Biden. But I can't because he is not what we need right now. I hate Trump, I hate 99% of what he stands for, but my country needs someone who will fight like hell to get us out of this mess and he will do that if all of you snowflakes will stand back and let him. Or are you going to waste trillions more dollars trying to get the man impeached?

I don't care how you feel about him, I don't care if you don't approve of what he's doing. As long as you're an American citizen he is your president. I know what it's like to despise a president and want to get them out of office. I felt that way about Bush from 2003 onward. I hated that lying son of a bitch. But I'm an American and he was my president so I supported him the best I could.

Who is POTUS as we got into this mess?

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, becky_m2001 said:

If you and the rest of the snowflakes will step back and let the man at least try and do his job. Instead of wasting valuable time and money getting him impeached.

Your reading comprehension is really shit. I clearly stated that I am Italian and living in Italy, your orange baboon is not my president. I have healthcare, a referendum sanctioned my right to have an abortion should I want so, my country's Constitution says I can't be discriminated against for reasons such as race, gender or religion and going around every day I literally never risk to be gunned down. So I have no personal reasons against your favourite minus habens.

I have an economic reason though. Thanks to his bungled management of the pandemic the US is going to face a bigger than necessary economic crisis so you won't be able to buy the luxury goods we produce nor come to visit my country's wonders. This means we will have to kiss Xi Jinping's ass with more passion if we don't want to tank our economy forever and I am not a fan.

Edited by laPapessaGiovanna
Typos everywhere
  • Upvote 31
  • Love 6

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I honestly think this is veering into trolling behavior and I’m just going to ignore now. 

You are right and I am going to follow your lead and ignore from now on. Also I just made the "divorce carrot cake*" that is buzzing on reddit right now. It is really good - not too sweet and a nice foil for a rich cream cheese frosting. I recommend it - the recipe is in the r/oldrecipes sub if anyone is interested. The recipe uses only honey as the sweetener so if anyone is looking for a white sugar free recipe this is a good one. So I'm off to eat cake!

* named this because the father of the person who posted the recipe was hankering for the cake 20 years after getting divorced from the creator of the cake

Edited by browngrl
added the bit about the honey
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

14 minutes ago, browngrl said:

You are right and I am going to follow your lead and ignore from now on. Also I just made the "divorce carrot cake*" that is buzzing on reddit right now. It is really good - not too sweet and a nice foil for a rich cream cheese frosting. I recommend it - the recipe is in the r/oldrecipes sub if anyone is interested. The recipe uses only honey as the sweetener so if anyone is looking for a white sugar free recipe this is a good one. So I'm off to eat cake!

* named this because the father of the person who posted the recipe was hankering for the cake 20 years after getting divorced from the creator of the cake

Oh I would love that. I prefer less sweet cakes. And I love cream cheese frosting. 

• Upvote 8

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I would love that

Here you go: 

Ingredients:

1 cup oil

½ - ¾ cup honey

3 eggs

1 20oz can crushed pineapple (drained)

2 cups carrots, grated

2 cups flour

2 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp baking soda

1 cup coconut

½ cup walnuts

Raisins

Instructions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 F

Grease and flour two cake pans

Combine dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon and baking soda) in a medium bowl.

Combine oil, honey, eggs, pineapple in a large bowl.

Mix dry ingredients and any remaining items into the “wet” bowl.

Pour into cake pans.

Bake at 350 F for 45 mins.

I used a bit less oil and more walnuts and the smaller amount of honey. I made my cream cheese frosting by eyeballing amounts of icing sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, cream cheese and butter but the original reddit poster used the cream cheese frosting from spruce eats:  

1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature

3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted

Kosher salt to taste

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Edited by browngrl
noted the amount of honey I used
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

Also I just made the "divorce carrot cake*" that is buzzing on reddit right now. It is really good - not too sweet and a nice foil for a rich cream cheese frosting.

Thank you for the recipe. Looks like a keeper.

Also, no offense, but if there's a dessert and chocolate is not involved, is it a real dessert? I say NO. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

23 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Thank you for the recipe. Looks like a keeper.

Also, no offense, but if there's a dessert and chocolate is not involved, is it a real dessert? I say NO. 

I agree no chocolate no party ? ? ?

And now I really want a good tiramisu with a lot of hard chocolate pieces in there yummy ? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I agree no chocolate no party [emoji322] [emoji514] [emoji512]
And now I really want a good tiramisu with a lot of hard chocolate pieces in there yummy [emoji39] 

I just made chocolate mousse for dessert [emoji16]
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Talking about cakes? Last week I baked unsugared carrot muffins and my workmate said I'm a nutrition fundamentalist haha.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Well, this recipe does have carrots which means you can count it as a salad. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

I saw cocoa beans with my own eyes. Beans are vegetables. This is why chocolate is a vegetable. But what about the added sugar you ask? Well sugar is made from sugarbeets which is... you name it! So enjoy your chocolate! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

All viruses mutate, even SARS-COV-2. The flu virus mutates a lot faster than SARS-COV-2, though, which is why there’s a new vaccine every year. Many mutations have little effect on the virus/symptoms, and may disappear quickly. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/18/mutant-virus-should-we-be-worried-sars-cov-2-changing-covid

• Upvote 10

14 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Just to add a little insult to injury I'd like to add to my original post that I'm a 37 year old liberal Atheist and and I've been voting Democrat since 2004, but this year I'll be voting Republican for the first time. I'm also a gun toting supporter of the 2nd amendment so add that to your list of reasons for down voting.

I despise Trump; he's a sexist pig and a terrible human being. But he's the type of person my country needs at a time like this. Sleepy Joe Biden can barely tie his shoes without reading the instructions. He was a great sidekick for Obama, but when Gotham City is on fire the citizens are looking for Batman, not Robin.

Well we have your entire first paragraph in common but the second just does not compute.

By your own words, you despise Trump, think he's sexist and a terrible human being. Why would you vote for this man? 

Also, the carrot cake sounds amazing.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love dessert type foods with veggies in it. I love carrot cake, zucchini bread, and sweet corn bread. 

Zucchini bread surprised me the most. I didn't think I'd like but my aunt made some for breakfast once and it was so delicious. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

More carrot cake for me then. Some of the layers of our wedding cake were carrot.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think that most anti-maskers aren’t actually anti-mask out of ignorance. I think they are mostly acting out of fear. I think fear is a huge factor in so many decisions during the pandemic. I admit I am pro-mask out of fear. I fear others getting covid and my family getting covid and I use a mask because of it. My anxiety lessens when I wear a mask and I see others wearing a mask. I think a lot of people are anti-mask out of fear because it’s a way of living In denial. If you deny the threat of it, you won’t feel the fear and anxiety. It’s very similar to trump admitting to downplaying the threat of covid in the beginning. They feel better when they deny the threat of Covid. When anti-maskers go out in public and see people wearing a mask, they are reminded of the pandemic. That likely causes anxiety. But they may not Recognize their anxiety and react with anger instead. Anger can be an easier emotion to deal with compared to anxiety or fear. That’s why we see so many angry people during this pandemic. 

This reminds me of something that happened to my husband and me this morning.  We went out to take a walk around a neighboring small city that has a mask mandate.  Most of our region does, but in this particular town wearing masks inside and outside is required, and almost everyone complies.  There have been very few cases of Covid in our area due to no eating in restaurants, mask-wearing and social distancing.  This morning we actually crossed the street (in a very, very safe area) because three maskless guys in their 40's and 50's  were loudly shouting 'Trump' and "Four more years", and other things like that.  My first reaction was surprise, and then it occurred to me that all of us following the rules were making them nervous and then they became agitated enough to sound angry.   It's unlikely that they were locals and were probably combative when they tried to eat at a restaurant (restaurant dining is outside, but masks are still expected unless you're eating) or enter a shop.  This is a very touristic region, and there are many weekend visitors from neighboring states and beyond.  I felt bad for any store owners or restaurant staff that had to deal with these guys.   Their immaturity saddened me, but you're probably right and it's nervousness disguised as anger. 

Edited by Caroline
too many typos
  • Upvote 10
  • WTF 1

7 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Oh, I did. I was horrified when Trump won the 2016 election. But times were also different back then. More peaceful and in those times Hillary would have made a good president. But for these times Trump is exactly the kind of person America needs.

If you and the rest of the snowflakes will step back and let the man at least try and do his job. Instead of wasting valuable time and money getting him impeached.

Honey, if you want to pretend to be a liberal, don't call people "snowflakes." Dead giveaway.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 15

Making multiple reference to impeachment is as well.  That was nearly a year ago, it's a done deal, he'll never be not impeached!  No one is focused on impeachment now, so why bring it up over and over?  

I truly would like to hear what attributes Becky thinks this "sexist pig and terrible human being" has that she thinks are needed by the country just now.

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

But how can Trump, who assaults people he doesn't like daily with his tweets, unite people now?  He has done his best to politicize every aspect of life as far as I can tell.   Totally denying what his own scientists say about the virus and having super spreader events in places where people don't take it seriously anyway is so irresponsible.   Beyond the grossness of the things he says and has said, his ability to turn people against each other is vile.  I can't accept that in any leader of any stripe. I'm voting for the least destructive force of nature.   You can't get people on your side if you're the president and you talk about 'those blue states and their corrupt governors'.  Yikes!  A leader has compassion and helps all.  I don't see him turning into a better version of what we've already seen.  He is most definitely not the person we need right now IMO.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

25 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Honey, if you want to pretend to be a liberal, don't call people "snowflakes." Dead giveaway.

How do you get that I'm "pretending" to be liberal? Because I used the word "snowflakes"!? What the actual fuck!? ?

• Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 4
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, browngrl said:

Was 4 years was not enough? Was all or part of the 248 days when he went golfing (NB this is far far more than Obama) not enough? Or how about the hours each day he spends tweeting or watching fox? 

She is a trumper and a Republican and lying about everything else. She has so many tells in her ignorant postings. She is also a creepy ass Bates stalker who posts on their social media all the time. Just ignore her for me since mods can't ignore. Her opinions aren't worth the energy wasted on typing this sentence.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic