IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

20 minutes ago, Smash! said:

You really don’t know a lot.

Fixed that for you. But you cannot fix stupid and I think we have a prime example of stupid in our midst.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

I'm a 37 year old liberal Atheist and and I've been voting Democrat since 2004,

2017129370_SureJan.thumb.png.e383cf20e1b390e7f06e72afc14f3b71.png

Tell us another, ya gormless fool! 

Feel free to wallow in tRump's lies about COVID-19 all you want, just don't expect people of normal intelligence and common sense to buy into them as well.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

2017129370_SureJan.thumb.png.e383cf20e1b390e7f06e72afc14f3b71.png

Tell us another, ya gormless fool! 

Feel free to wallow in tRump's lies about COVID-19 all you want, just don't expect people of normal intelligence and common sense to buy into them as well.

No Democrat has ever said “voted Democrat”. That is a major tell from the Limbaugh/Hannity/Tea Party crowd.

• Upvote 22

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

With a name like becky_m, I can’t help but side eye! 

Seriously. It is so funny. Trumpsters and Republicans think they can pretend to be “liberal” but there are always tells. Using Democrat as an adjective, Sleepy Joe? No real liberal or progressive would consider voting for Trump. Only fools and craven monsters do. 

I wish  @becky_m2001 and her cohort would actually secede from the United States. They are not true American patriots; they are radicals who want to remake the system into some bizarre corporate autocracy. And sadly, most of them are too ignorant to know what fools they are.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Statistically, the odds of a Bontrager dying of COVID is really, really low. It basically only kills overweight and obese people. It turns out asthma isn't even a compounding risk factor; just don't be overweight.

I dont want to attack you but this comment is very misinformed. It is true that being overweight is a known risk factor for Covid, but it is only one of many. For example having an autoinmune dissease its a known risk factor, like this 11 years old girl currently in the ICU in Barcelona, being pregnant is also a risk factor , as it is just being old, having hypertension, or diabetes. Also just because you dont have a risk factor doesnt mean you will be asymptomatic, healthy people also can get very sick and even die from Covid.

Edited by llucie
to fix the link that wasnt working
  • Upvote 22
  • Thank You 1

I’m fat. Lots of people are fat. Lots of people are old. Lots of people have underlying conditions that put them at risk.

Mask wearing protests others from you. Even if someone isn’t scared of getting it, why do they think that people like me, and millions of others, are okay collateral? Can anyone look at the 200,000 people who have died in the US alone and say that their deaths were deserved because they were old or overweight?

• Upvote 21
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Who is this troll that seems to have wandered in here?

This is someone fangirling over the Duggar/Bates, signed up here and seemed to have a change of heart regarding those families but is still knee deep into the kool aid that is Trump and his minions. 

• Upvote 19

7 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Who is this troll that seems to have wandered in here?

I don’t think it’s fair to call her a troll, simply because she has a completely different opinion than most of us here. I dislike the calling her stupid and a liar, as well, (in general, not you). How can we hope to educate someone if we insult them? They will immediately become defensive and double down. That’s human nature. Being polite, even while disagreeing, is possible. 

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 5
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Sorry guys, but I'm not a supporter of the social distancing or mask wearing or any of that foolishness that's been going on. This is nothing but election year political nonsense. Respiratory illness has always been around and it never caused this level of insanity. People can't live like this forever; the economy is tanked, small businesses will never be the same again, children aren't getting the education they deserve. Nobody is going to be able to build any immunity to Covid by using a mask and thinking that Covid will go away is absolutely idiotic. If Biden is voted into office this November you'll be wearing hazmat suits and living in a police state by January.

Three of my four grandparents had tuberculosis at one time or another. My paternal grandfather died from it just last year. Do you know what they did when there was an outbreak of TB? They quarantined sick people, not everyone in the country.

You can call what they're doing social distancing, flattening the curve, whatever you want to call it. It's house arrest. Healthy people are being put under house arrest for absolutely no reason. Yes, people have gotten Covid and have died from it and I feel terrible for this people. But people have been dying of respiratory illness for years. The only difference is that there hasn't been a gigantic media spotlight on it before.

I know this is going to get a million negative comments and reactions. I don't care. I refuse to live in fear of a virus that is less deadly than the flu.

Is that you Curtis Bowers?  GFY.

• Upvote 8

I think that most anti-maskers aren’t actually anti-mask out of ignorance. I think they are mostly acting out of fear. I think fear is a huge factor in so many decisions during the pandemic. I admit I am pro-mask out of fear. I fear others getting covid and my family getting covid and I use a mask because of it. My anxiety lessens when I wear a mask and I see others wearing a mask. I think a lot of people are anti-mask out of fear because it’s a way of living In denial. If you deny the threat of it, you won’t feel the fear and anxiety. It’s very similar to trump admitting to downplaying the threat of covid in the beginning. They feel better when they deny the threat of Covid. When anti-maskers go out in public and see people wearing a mask, they are reminded of the pandemic. That likely causes anxiety. But they may not Recognize their anxiety and react with anger instead. Anger can be an easier emotion to deal with compared to anxiety or fear. That’s why we see so many angry people during this pandemic. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Since TB was compared to COVID upthread I thought about posting this. It shows worldwide per day deaths caused by some of the most common infectious diseases. The orange bar at the bottom is Is the current per day deaths caused by COVID-19. 

If you consider the efforts we are doing to contain it, efforts that are not comparable to measures taken against any other disease, you can understand how dangerous this fucking beast is.

And a propos of who is more at risk, she was a young, beautiful, skinny and healthy 28 yrs old doctor. She died of COVID-19 yesterday. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 8

10 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Nobody is going to be able to build any immunity to Covid by using a mask

Actually they are.  Universal mask wearing reduces the amount of virus transmitted and results in more asymptomatic and milder cases.  People acquire immunity without being hospitalized or dying.  

If you try reading some actual science, it's amazing what you can learn.

• Upvote 29
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Kailash said:

she has a completely different opinion than most of us here.

I agree with you with one exception: things that could kill people. Sadly misinformation regarding medical issues can lead to death. There are >200K people dead in the US. This number could have been smaller if people were willing to mask up and social distance. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Sorry guys, but I'm not a supporter of the social distancing or mask wearing or any of that foolishness that's been going on. This is nothing but election year political nonsense. Respiratory illness has always been around and it never caused this level of insanity. People can't live like this forever; the economy is tanked, small businesses will never be the same again, children aren't getting the education they deserve. Nobody is going to be able to build any immunity to Covid by using a mask and thinking that Covid will go away is absolutely idiotic. If Biden is voted into office this November you'll be wearing hazmat suits and living in a police state by January.

Three of my four grandparents had tuberculosis at one time or another. My paternal grandfather died from it just last year. Do you know what they did when there was an outbreak of TB? They quarantined sick people, not everyone in the country.

You can call what they're doing social distancing, flattening the curve, whatever you want to call it. It's house arrest. Healthy people are being put under house arrest for absolutely no reason. Yes, people have gotten Covid and have died from it and I feel terrible for this people. But people have been dying of respiratory illness for years. The only difference is that there hasn't been a gigantic media spotlight on it before.

I know this is going to get a million negative comments and reactions. I don't care. I refuse to live in fear of a virus that is less deadly than the flu.

So, the entire world is in on some scheme to affect American politics? 

6 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Just to add a little insult to injury I'd like to add to my original post that I'm a 37 year old liberal Atheist and and I've been voting Democrat since 2004, but this year I'll be voting Republican for the first time. I'm also a gun toting supporter of the 2nd amendment so add that to your list of reasons for down voting.

I despise Trump; he's a sexist pig and a terrible human being. But he's the type of person my country needs at a time like this. Sleepy Joe Biden can barely tie his shoes without reading the instructions. He was a great sidekick for Obama, but when Gotham City is on fire the citizens are looking for Batman, not Robin.

Raised in Pennsylvania, currently living in Virginia. My maternal grandparents met in a TB sanitarium. By the time my maternal grandfather died in 1983 he was surviving with only a quarter of one lung. We believe he got TB visiting red light districts while serving in WW2. As for my paternal grandfather who died last year of TB, the doctors believe he probably got it either while stationed on the island of Okinawa during his time in the Korean War and/or while visiting my maternal grandfather in the sanitarium. They were close friends before they ever got married and started families.

Also you should probably increase your research into TB because you're missing a LOT of facts. Just sayin... ?

Assimilation is now complete. Doing exactly what the orange cult leader wants you do to - taking his childish, immature insults & running with them.

How does it feel when you swallow propaganda whole? Does it hurt?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

So, the entire world is in on some scheme to affect American politics? 

Well yes of course! My daughter had to have time off work to have a COVID test, shes lost money. My dementia stricken Father hasnt been allowed close visits since march, in fact the home went back into 28 day lockdown as two staff tested positive. My sister couldnt meet her 1st born grandchild for 3 days. Myself and my boys were in full lockdown from march to June as Im immuno-compromised. I had to go 8 months without seeing my daughter as she lives a few hours away but also works with vunerable children, so time off was a hell no as people having to self isolate so were short staffed.

But yes, all of this is just because the US had an election coming up.

Im just going to bang my head on the wall for a few hours, it might make me feel better. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

I agree with you with one exception: things that could kill people. Sadly misinformation regarding medical issues can lead to death. There are >200K people dead in the US. This number could have been smaller if people were willing to mask up and social distance. 

I agree. That bit about adding insult to injury that she said is making me wonder if I was too quick to defend her. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

No Democrat has ever said “voted Democrat”. That is a major tell from the Limbaugh/Hannity/Tea Party crowd.

Just to clarify the reason I've always used that particular term is because it's the way my grandfather always said it. He was a registered democrat and he always used to say that, no matter who was running, he would always "vote Democrat". It's just a phrase I picked up as a child.

4 hours ago, Smash! said:

This is someone fangirling over the Duggar/Bates, signed up here and seemed to have a change of heart regarding those families but is still knee deep into the kool aid that is Trump and his minions. 

Not a chance in hell. When it comes to politics I prefer to vote for the platform, not the party. If my country was living in peaceful times right now (no Covid, no rioting, etc...) you bet your ass I'd be voting for Biden. But I can't because he is not what we need right now. I hate Trump, I hate 99% of what he stands for, but my country needs someone who will fight like hell to get us out of this mess and he will do that if all of you snowflakes will stand back and let him. Or are you going to waste trillions more dollars trying to get the man impeached?

I don't care how you feel about him, I don't care if you don't approve of what he's doing. As long as you're an American citizen he is your president. I know what it's like to despise a president and want to get them out of office. I felt that way about Bush from 2003 onward. I hated that lying son of a bitch. But I'm an American and he was my president so I supported him the best I could.

• Fuck You 5
  • Downvote 32

8 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

And no, I don't believe you voted for Hillary last time

Oh, I did. I was horrified when Trump won the 2016 election. But times were also different back then. More peaceful and in those times Hillary would have made a good president. But for these times Trump is exactly the kind of person America needs.

If you and the rest of the snowflakes will step back and let the man at least try and do his job. Instead of wasting valuable time and money getting him impeached.

• Fuck You 5
  • Downvote 22
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

I hate Trump, I hate 99% of what he stands for, but my country needs someone who will fight like hell to get us out of this mess

That is so hysterical.  Trump is one of the biggest reasons we are in this mess by not handling it properly from the beginning.  We should all have license plates that read Trump killed grandma.  He still isn't handling it properly and it seems never will.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

If you and the rest of the snowflakes will step back and let the man at least try and do his job. Instead of wasting valuable time and money getting him impeached.

Was 4 years was not enough? Was all or part of the 248 days when he went golfing (NB this is far far more than Obama) not enough? Or how about the hours each day he spends tweeting or watching fox? 

Edited by browngrl
spelling
  • Upvote 22

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Ugh Why TF is Becky m here?? She’s a known humper ??

After 4+ years of watching y'all talk about me I decided it was time to join in the fun. ?

• Move Along 6
  • Fuck You 2
  • Haha 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic