IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

Is the ignorance, the arrogance, the lying, the pushing bogus or worthless "cures," the ignoring science, stifling the CDC, refusing to follow best medical practices himself, etc.  or what exactly is he doing for the country?  Yammering on about "the economy" is useless.  The more scared people are the less likely they are to go out into "the economy" any way.  The more people are disabled or die, well those people aren't going to participate in "the economy" either.  Pandemics are disruptive.  Fact of life.

• Upvote 20

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

She is a trumper and a Republican and lying about everything else. She has so many tells in her ignorant postings. She is also a creepy ass Bates stalker who posts on their social media all the time. Just ignore her for me since mods can't ignore. Her opinions aren't worth the energy wasted on typing this sentence.

Then why did you bother to type it? Not a "Trumper" and not a Republican. I'm voting Republican this year for the first time, but that has more to do with the alternative which is good ole Sleepy Joe. Having him at the helm during times like this would mean certain death for the nation. Sometimes when you have two crappy options to choose from, you just gotta take a leap of faith and that's what I'm doing with Trump. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have to go with my gut and right now my gut is telling me that Trump can lead the country in a way that Joe Biden simply can't do.

7 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Is the ignorance, the arrogance, the lying, the pushing bogus or worthless "cures," the ignoring science, stifling the CDC, refusing to follow best medical practices himself, etc.  or what exactly is he doing for the country?  Yammering on about "the economy" is useless.  The more scared people are the less likely they are to go out into "the economy" any way.  The more people are disabled or die, well those people aren't going to participate in "the economy" either.  Pandemics are disruptive.  Fact of life.

Do you really believe people are scared of this virus? People with two brain cells to rub together, anyway? If they're so scared of this terrible virus why are they willing to leave home to go to sporting events, or Walmart, or restaurants? For that matter why is it necessary to wear a mask walking to your table in a restaurant, but you can take it off when you're seated? What, does Covid only affect you when you're standing up!? People aren't afraid of the virus, they're afraid of nonconformity.

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 7
  • Downvote 27
  • Disgust 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1

8 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

Do you really believe people are scared of this virus? People with two brain cells to rub together, anyway? If they're so scared of this terrible virus why are they willing to leave home to go to sporting events, or Walmart, or restaurants? For that matter why is it necessary to wear a mask walking to your table in a restaurant, but you can take it off when you're seated? What, does Covid only affect you when you're standing up!? People aren't afraid of the virus, they're afraid of nonconformity.

Yes, people are scared of the virus.  I know people who very much afraid of catching it and dying.  People who have emphysema, people with heart conditions, morbidly obese people.  I know them and they are very frightened.  They aren't leaving home to go to sporting events.  We live in a state where they are not permitted and they wouldn't go if they were open.  They aren't going to Walmart except to get no contact curbside pickup nor are they eating in restaurants.  You aren't living in reality.  No one I know is afraid of nonconformity.  They are very afraid of people like you who don't understand the true situation, who are listening to ignorant conspiracy theorists not trained, objective medical personnel, and if you aren't obeying the health orders are either now or will be spreading the virus to people who it may kill.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 10

I love Smitten Kitchens pumpkin bread. With cream cheese icing - I prefer more cream cheese, less butter - it’s as good as any cake. And speaking of vegetables in baked goods, this summer I got a really hypo sensitive kid to eat brownies made with puréed zuchinni. He still doesn’t know, but he loved them and I was very pleased.

https://smittenkitchen.com/2016/10/pumpkin-bread/

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2

The thing is, most people are fearful of the virus in one way or another (of course some more than others). But those who are both afraid and selfish/self-centered are those who will likely fall into the vehemently anti-mask category. Remember the episode of Seinfeld where George knocked down an old lady and a bunch of kids so he could get out of an apartment on fire? Those are the anti-maskers. They are self-centered and trying to only preserve their own selves (by employing denial to assuage their anxiety and fear) and don’t care who they might take down with them. 

• Upvote 22

36 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

Do you really believe people are scared of this virus? People with two brain cells to rub together, anyway?

Yes, people are scared of dying from the novel coronavirus. 

If they're so scared of this terrible virus why are they willing to leave home to go to sporting events, or Walmart, or restaurants?

Restaurants in my area are closed for indoor seating. Their were a few that tried to stay open, regardless of the executive order but they lost in court. The only people who wanted to eat at them were people who treated it as a Trump Rally. The sports arenas have been changed into triage and homeless shelters (allowing them to have more distance between beds.) Walmart sells necessities, like food. 

For that matter why is it necessary to wear a mask walking to your table in a restaurant, but you can take it off when you're seated? What, does Covid only affect you when you're standing up!?

You can't eat while wearing a mask. It's physically impossible. But you need to wear the mask to move around the restaurant, to prevent the water droplets that are expelled in your breath from landing on other people's food and in the air that they are breathing. It's about reducing exposure. We should require masks even after the novel coronavirus gets a vaccine. 

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1

BTW I think anti-Vaxers are based off of selfish fear as well. They are so afraid their child might get autism from a vaccine that they would rather rely on everyone else getting the vaccine to create the heard immunity needed to keep their unvaccinated child safe. 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are so afraid their child might get autism from a vaccine that they would rather rely on everyone else getting the vaccine to create the heard immunity needed to keep their unvaccinated child safe. 

Which is a lie just in case our new troll wants to take up another hoax belief.  

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

BTW I think anti-Vaxers are based off of selfish fear as well. They are so afraid their child might get autism from a vaccine that they would rather rely on everyone else getting the vaccine to create the heard immunity needed to keep their unvaccinated child safe. 

Didn't the whole anti-vaxxer movement get a big boost when Jenny McCarthy started speaking out about it? Now it's trendy to be an anti-vaxxer. ?

Just now, Coconut Flan said:

Actually I firmly believe that the boosters given to infants and children is extremely important. I had them, my brothers had them, and so did all 3 of my nieces. Those vaccines are entirely necessary.

14 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

We should require masks even after the novel coronavirus gets a vaccine.

My deaf cousin will be thrilled about that. Let's make learning sign language mandatory before that happens.

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 5

16 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Yeah that’s the craziest part of it. They are afraid of something that won’t actually happen. 

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

We are entering pumpkin chocolate chip season!

I made a pumpkin chocolate latte today and it was amazing! Also Trader Joe’s has amazing pumpkin cookies! 

1 hour ago, becky_m2001 said:

Then why did you bother to type it? Not a "Trumper" and not a Republican. I'm voting Republican this year for the first time, but that has more to do with the alternative which is good ole Sleepy Joe. Having him at the helm during times like this would mean certain death for the nation. Sometimes when you have two crappy options to choose from, you just gotta take a leap of faith and that's what I'm doing with Trump. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have to go with my gut and right now my gut is telling me that Trump can lead the country in a way that Joe Biden simply can't do.

I work at a hospital as a housekeeping supervisor. People were very scared when covid started to hospitalize people. We have several areas closed off just for covid patients. We had housekeepers quitting when they were required to go into those areas without the proper ppe. People aren’t as scared as they were, due to us knowing more about the virus, but they still are scared. I was out of work for two weeks with covid symptoms, I tested negative but it could have been false. It was no joke. If I did any moving around I could barely breath. If I walked for more than ten minutes I would have a breathing attack. I had zero energy. I was lucky that I got better. Not everyone is. And people that are stuck in the hospital with it I’m sure are scared. They can’t have visitors and are confined to their room all day with doctors, nurses, techs, and housekeepers wearing tons of ppe. I know I would be scared. Lots of people in healthcare are scared of getting it and bringing it home to their loved ones. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 11

I’m definitely leaning towards troll now. FFS, YES people are actually afraid of getting Covid. Plenty of highly intelligent, more compassionate people worry about the spread and transmission of Covid. There are so many people on different threads just on FJ who have been saying how afraid they are. 
It’s one thing to disagree with the majorIty, and clearly state your opinion. It’s something else to purposely ridicule and taunt others who are genuinely afraid for their lives, their loved ones, their country. I won’t be defending Becky again. 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

To me the decisive sign of aligning with the Trumpers, regardless of actual opinions on specific topics, is the use of belittling language.

"Snowflakes" "Sleepy Joe" etc.

You say you think Trump is a terrible human being?  And yet you are emulating his worst (in my view) attribute of belittling others.

I entirely understand the concept of choosing the lesser of evils, of not really liking either but endorsing the least horrible one.  I actually felt that way about Hillary -- while I would have been thrilled to have the first female president, I consider her a war hawk and would not want to vote for her on that score.  And yet I 10000000% would have favored her over Trump.  (fortunately I do not live in a swing state so I was free to vote my third-party conscience.

But feeling like you are choosing the lesser of two evils does not explain the completely Trumpish bullying meanness of belittling others and "calling names" as if eight years old.

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 18

I think Becky aka Reba should find a new sandbox to sh*t in.  Also, New Belgium's Atomic Pumpkin Ale is amazing.

And by the way. I noticed this pic from the Bontrager's blog last Sept from their Bible Family Camp. Notice the now Mr. Allison standing to her left.

0A6F50B8-5093-4B5D-9633-6C7B1DEB5AFC.JPEG

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I think Becky aka Reba should find a new sandbox to sh*t in.  Also, New Belgium's Atomic Pumpkin Ale is amazing.

And by the way. I noticed this pic from the Bontrager's blog last Sept from their Bible Family Camp. Notice the now Mr. Allison standing to her left.imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6

0A6F50B8-5093-4B5D-9633-6C7B1DEB5AFC.JPEG

Yes, and his single sisters too. 

• Upvote 5

It amazes me that agitators go to great lengths to try to prove they’re not agitators. Yet, their actions, and in this case, words-make it abundantly clear who and what they are. 

I would almost feel sorry for them if I didn’t believe their position cones from a really dark, ugly hole in their soul that they themselves created.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

43 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And by the way. I noticed this pic from the Bontrager's blog last Sept from their Bible Family Camp. Notice the now Mr. Allison standing to her left.

Is being blonde a requirement for joining? I know lots of Americans are blonde, but fundie groups seem to be a blonde contest. 

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is being blonde a requirement for joining? I know lots of Americans are blonde, but fundie groups seem to be a blonde contest. 

Iowa is really white. Most of the people in that picture are from very white places in the country. Therefore blondeness will be found in super white places. Especially when it is a group of family members. The Helferiches are very blonde. Some of the Wissmanns are blonde. But the Bontragers are not a blonde family. Only Mitch and Taylor seem to be the light haired ones.  Although they’ve married some lighter haired spouses and will probably produce some blonde children. 

• Upvote 8

21 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

If my country was living in peaceful times right now (no Covid, no rioting, etc...) you bet your ass I'd be voting for Biden.

This simply defies logic.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

Any words about Allyson's new home? They have to be back at home after the family camp, from now on it will start a harder time for her to adjust. Away from her family, in a foreign state, and with people she has met maybe a few times before the wedding... 

• Upvote 4

They are already back on tour right after camp. If they picked anything up at camp, they will be spreading it around the country. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3

Allison reposted a photo collage from another fundie maiden on insta and it looks like Michelle Duggar and one young Duggar girl (at least) attented. So there where probably more of them.

• Upvote 6

Great. So the Duggars, Bateses, Bontragers, Wissmanns, Bowerses, Haights, Andreggs and many more attended and spread germs around. Lively. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 6

The problem with all these folks from different large families attending the camp is that even if only a few from each family attended, they could bring Covid home to their family. Michelle could bring it back to AR to her big family. A Bates boy could bring it back to Tennessee to his large family. Allison could bring it back to Minnesota to the Helferich family. Chelsy could bring it back to KS to the Maxwell family. It’s lot of people who could spread it just from one family camp. 

• Upvote 13

• samurai_sarah locked this topic