IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

I really like the bridesmaids dresses. Gabriella Campana posted a picture of someone else wearing one. Im hoping for lots more pictures.  Addie's been my pet fundie. While I hate their toxic beliefs I'm happy for her. Michael always has a sweet happy expression on his face. Unlike her douchey younger brothers.

• Upvote 2

The other bridesmaid in Gabriella's photo is the friend who was stuck in Paraguay all spring. Mercy Anna Scroggins of the Tuscaloosa, AL area. I did some digging a while back and don't know if I ever posted about it. Her grandfather is a fundie pastor but I don't know much else about the family.

• Upvote 2

Campbell posted these 2 pics. She did wear a veil but took it off later. I like her dress and veil. I don’t like her hair that much, it reminds me of the Duggar girls who looked like they hadn’t done their hair on their wedding day. 

Spoiler

3526AFE0-6ED2-4EDF-93DE-D5EF66376EB5.thumb.jpeg.2b0480b861b3f6d4536abeeb1ec439cf.jpeg

94801067-C91F-4C1B-843E-9F52593C044A.thumb.jpeg.3301afcc5eca5fec0a9105188ccb4724.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6

On 9/12/2020 at 5:58 AM, JMO said:

Aside from the heavily edited Duggar/Bates weddings I never managed to watch a full wedding either aside from Kressant and Michael's.  But man, the WTF was on full display there.  (Quick recap:  The groom and the groomsmen dressed up like Prince Charming/sea captains in dress whites.  Brett was in his Captain's uniform.   All the guests were told to show up in the morning but then wait around until Papa Morton decided it was time to be married.  He finally gave the go ahead and he conferred with Brett Smith and they told one of the groomsmen who blew a bugle.  The whole gang of groomsmen then rang off to sneak surprise the bridal party.  They had been hanging around the Smith household all day fully dressed waiting to be told when the wedding would be at the drop of the hat.  She is immediately whisked into a limo with her father.  He then pontificates on to the guests that he raised her to love him unfailingly and without even looking at a boy until he decided that it was ok since it would be the man she would marry.  He kept her away from evil influences, even other people in their church, who could poison her mind.  He trained her to be an unquestioning wife and to know all the ways to love, care for and nurture a family of children and to walk unquestioningly to the ends of the earth, through deprivation, with her husband.  After being married she and Michael recreated the Austrian folk dance from the Sound of Music.)

I tried to watch Ashley Salyer's wedding but only managed bits.  Same with Pris and David.   I wish I could have seen Katie/Alan's as well, I just read about it and saw the pics on the old blog.  Those Smorton Weddings were full tilt.  

Some people would really benefit from just joinng their local community theatre

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Some people would really benefit from just joinng their local community theatre

I saw Kate’s and Alan:  Beyond weird especially when she washed his feet in a plastic bowl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 3

I thought that was Mercy! Thanks @NachosFlandersStyle. It looks like they were married in a church. I don't remember any other Morton doing that. And so far I've counted at least 6 flower girls, not including Zan, but Martha hasn't posted yet.

1 minute ago, Tatar-tot said:

I saw Kate’s and Alan:  Beyond weird especially when she washed his feet in a plastic bowl. 

while an audio played of her pledging to always be subservient.  

They were married in an actual church. Sarah D has a pic of it in her story. Adeline’s look isn’t my taste but I like it on her. It suits her & am glad there were no overdone modesty attempts. She has earned her right to be the woman she chooses. Even if it is just clothing. 

Looks like the colors weren't pink-ish but peach-ish. 

Shows what can be determined (not) from just a couple early pictures. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JMO said:

I thought that was Mercy! Thanks @NachosFlandersStyle. It looks like they were married in a church. I don't remember any other Morton doing that. And so far I've counted at least 6 flower girls, not including Zan, but Martha hasn't posted yet.

while an audio played of her pledging to always be subservient.  

I think it might've been Gabby Campana who posted a picture of the flower girls and Zan is one of them. 

• Thank You 1

Addie looks good in that dress. Not my style preference but I'm glad that she seems to have had her choices honored today.

Re: church wedding. Interesting to see this, given some of the past S'Morton weddings. Looks like the attendees were unmasked but socially distanced. Hope it doesn't become a super-spreader event.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: church wedding. Interesting to see this, given some of the past S'Morton weddings. Looks like the attendees were unmasked but socially distanced. Hope it doesn't become a super-spreader event.

It was a Covid wedding but the old folks wished them well...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

More pics from Kennedy and Norma's instagram stories. Apparently Addie had 18 flower girls and the bridesmaids wore peach and golden yellow.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200912-134657.thumb.png.19d52db162a49595696989063a3ec891.pngScreenshot_20200912-135108.thumb.png.caa97a8fb69d68a75817dc19e2201ca0.pngScreenshot_20200912-135622.thumb.png.3d08814a9cdeb492a7259c1483d557dd.pngScreenshot_20200912-135534.thumb.png.f947af0b4967a4ad56ab5bba07554f1c.png

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 6

That is a truly insane number of nieces and nephews in the wedding and I'm guessing the ones not in the wedding are the ones living in Paraguay. I don't follow the Mortons super closely but somehow seeing all of those little girls dressed alike as flower girls (and realizing they're all related to the couple) make me so scared of these families breeding for Jesus.'

It's also surprising to me that many fundie couples don't get married physically in a church, but that may be from all my years of Catholic school.

• Upvote 7

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

18 flower girls is beyond ridiculous. But whatever. These people worship marriage so it’s not surprising.

It's also a great way to indoctrinate little girls -- they'll think that being married is all about fluffy dresses & strewing rose petals down the aisle in front of Aunt Poog. 

Fill their heads with that stuff and maybe they won't notice the misogyny, toxic patriarchy, and multi-generational lack of education when they get older, not to mention the aunt who ended up with a pedophile or the one who was pressured to give birth at home under risky circumstances.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

This appears to be the photographer. 31! Good god!

20200912_163758.jpg

The number adds up since 15 of the nieces and nephews are in Paraguay. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Addie  is the last Morton girl married off. Took her longer but that's ok. How many younger brothers left?

Two. Edwin and Paul

• Thank You 1

Two of the flower girls were Bethany Lane's girls. Not actual nieces. From Keni's pics, at least her youngest 2-1 an infant-were not in the wedding. The new twins of Dorothy couldn't have been in it either. I think some were Michael's family & some obviously of friends. 

• Upvote 7

That video Norma posted showed that either Keni chose a very unflattering dress or she’s pregnant? Alyssa looks tiny as ever and Campbell is hard to determine. Her dress looks like a bias cut which can make you look puffy even if you’re not. Is  Martha on Addies left in Norma’s story? Beside Keni? If so she looks good. No bangs looks nice on her. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Noquiver said:

That video Norma posted showed that either Keni chose a very unflattering dress or she’s pregnant? Alyssa looks tiny as ever and Campbell is hard to determine. Her dress looks like a bias cut which can make you look puffy even if you’re not. Is  Martha on Addies left in Norma’s story? Beside Keni? If so she looks good. No bangs looks nice on her. 

I don't know what's up with Keni's dress, but it feels rude to speculate. Alyssa is always tiny and Campbell is too. Martha is indeed on Addie's left. She's the tall one, but I think she was leaning back a bit. Agreed that she looks good.

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic