IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

I saw that meme and just rolled my eyes. Nothing else expected from the Mortons. I'm surprised it took this long for one of them to post it/something like it. 

• I Agree 3

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I saw that meme and just rolled my eyes. Nothing else expected from the Mortons. I'm surprised it took this long for one of them to post it/something like it. 

Kressant has been posting similar shit for a while now. I can't tell if they've got crazier and more paranoid in quarantine or they've just figured out how to post memes, but I see hints of Qanon in several family members' posts too. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Kressant has been posting similar shit for a while now. I can't tell if they've got crazier and more paranoid in quarantine or they've just figured out how to post memes, but I see hints of Qanon in several family members' posts too. 

Completely unsurprising. If anything I'm surprised it took this long for Qanon to set in; it seems right up their alley.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

True. But, I barely pay attention to Kressant's stories anymore. If I see words (memes) I tap forward without reading. The Mortons have been in deep from the beginning and I pretty much see them as having written the Qanon/tRump handbook before they even knew there would be a tRump. It plays so well into their godly persecution they're tailor made for each other.

• Upvote 6

20 hours ago, dramallama said:

"The Mortons: Pretty Stupid"   That about sums them up.

Annnnnnnd we have a new thread title!

As for QAnon, they were posting some stuff about it weeks ago.  I remember asking about it on this thread since I hadn't heard of the conspiracy and was wondering why they were so suddenly concerned about child trafficking. 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Annnnnnnd we have a new thread title!

As for QAnon, they were posting some stuff about it weeks ago.  I remember asking about it on this thread since I hadn't heard of the conspiracy and was wondering why they were so suddenly concerned about child trafficking. 

The worst part about the Qanon child trafficking's conspiracies is that there are actual children, people, being trafficked. Yet, that is lost in the noise & stupidity. The real issue of trafficking is completely buried by the insane, unfounded, flat out false conspiracies. And the shit these morons believe...last weekend I was talking with my niece's cousin on the other side of their family. Just chatting about random stuff and I mentioned I bought a storage ottoman from Wayfair. I have no idea how we rounded into that discussion, but it was just a flow as discussions are. It wasn't a big thing, just a side mention that fit whatever we were actually talking about. Anyway, when I said I got it at Wayfair her eyes grew huge and she literally gasped. Because, Wayfair is trafficking children in their cabinets, dontyouknow, and you can tell because of the names of the cabinets that secretly let traffickers know who/what they're getting. I was literally left speechless. I had no comeback. My mind couldn't process the fact that I know someone - I watched the girl grow up; when I was married, the ex and I were, like, BFF's with her parents - who honestly believes that garbage. Someone so easily convinced of the most insane things to every come out of someone's imagination. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2

So, Kress is officially on the anti Bill Gates bandwagon.  She posted a meme about him wanting to limit population size and implied that it's for nefarious reasons. Martha then retweeted the meme and called him creepy. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4

43 minutes ago, JMO said:

So, Kress is officially on the anti Bill Gates bandwagon.  She posted a meme about him wanting to limit population size and implied that it's for nefarious reasons. Martha then retweeted the meme and called him creepy. 

I did see that! The Bill Gates is a monster who wants to kill you / chip you / kill babies / end the world has been around for a while; it's gained quite a bit of speed with COVID and tRumper conspiracies. Everyone needs a villian to avoid acknowledging their dear leader is the worst of all. But, really, the Bill Gates / vaccine thing has been around for a long time because his foundation provides....vaccines...for developing countries and donates for vaccine research, etc. You know, trying to help the world makes you a control monster who wants to destroy the world. Or some such thing.

• Upvote 9

I thought that maybe Campbell was taking a social media hiatus that was going to include Johns birthday but I see I was wrong. While I was checking I went over to Johnny boys Facebook and it is full of your normal tRump nonsense but then also a post he made about his brother finding “pedophile” symbols on children’s toys or something. Are these people not happy unless there’s someone out to get them? You’d think after their Alan experience they know what an actual child predator looks like? 

also Sarah Dasher posted a meme about pro lifers being “just”  pro birth and that being better then anti birth. And I guess I’m just interested to see if that takes off? Do they finally admit the game they’re pro birth and give no effs about life after birth for that baby or mother or it’s siblings? 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

It's no surprise that they are anti-vax but it never ceases to surprise me when supposed prolife people don't actually care about protecting the life that they created with a life saving intervention like a tetanus shot.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Noquiver said:

I thought that maybe Campbell was taking a social media hiatus that was going to include Johns birthday but I see I was wrong. While I was checking I went over to Johnny boys Facebook and it is full of your normal tRump nonsense but then also a post he made about his brother finding “pedophile” symbols on children’s toys or something. Are these people not happy unless there’s someone out to get them? You’d think after their Alan experience they know what an actual child predator looks like? 

also Sarah Dasher posted a meme about pro lifers being “just”  pro birth and that being better then anti birth. And I guess I’m just interested to see if that takes off? Do they finally admit the game they’re pro birth and give no effs about life after birth for that baby or mother or it’s siblings? 

They are freaking insane, really. 

I have to admit, I'm really glad there are a lot of miles between me & Georgia. 

I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut with obsessive, incessant manufactured conspiracies. I've ended friendships over them. Life is too short for that toxicity to be allowed in my life. 

Life must be really, really freaking hard for all the Mortons and the huge weight they carry trying to save the world from all the pedophiles hiding under the bed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Noquiver said:

You’d think after their Alan experience they know what an actual child predator looks like? 

No kidding. Alan is hardly the only pedophile fundie either who was discovered in the midst of a fundie family or church. 

If they're so worried about vulnerable children, you'd think these asshats would reconsider bullshit ideas like "first time obedience" & training girls from infancy to be subservient to all men, but no -- let's rant about shit on the internet that doesn't exist and ignore our own foul parenting.

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Life must be really, really freaking hard for all the Mortons and the huge weight they carry trying to save the world from all the pedophiles hiding under the bed. 

IMO, toxic patriarchy & masculinity, white supremacy , and a persistent but completely false persecution complex are the cornerstones of religious belief for white American fundie Christians. If Jesus is in that rancid stew, He's a minor component.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Aw, isn't that cute. Wittle Edwin is following is daddy's & brother's footsteps. He came out of his hole ad popped up to troll the Speaker of the House. There must be such family pride. 

Whack a Mole. Put your head down, wittle boy. 

• Upvote 12

Sarah shearer went on a “little

house” trip which is ? during a pandemic but whatever. And Sarah even admitted that after spending a night in a covered wagon they would be “terrible pioneers”. But will this acknowledgment change their views?! Make her no longer raise her child with “if it was good enough for LIW?”  Cause any deeper introspection to how the world has changed in the last 200 years? My guess? No. These people are uninterested in logical well reasoned arguments.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

?These people are uninterested in logical well reasoned arguments.

Their only interests involve penisses and their version of twisted christianity. Some days it makes my blood boil.

And Sarah Shearer is not only ignorant, but also VERY vocal about it and she doesn't have any clue how stupid she sounds.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

Sarah shearer went on a “little

house” trip which is ? during a pandemic but whatever. And Sarah even admitted that after spending a night in a covered wagon they would be “terrible pioneers”. But will this acknowledgment change their views?! Make her no longer raise her child with “if it was good enough for LIW?”  Cause any deeper introspection to how the world has changed in the last 200 years? My guess? No. These people are uninterested in logical well reasoned arguments.

No. Because she is so steeped in her religion that she is incapable of taking things to further conclusions. 

That whole "can't see the forest through the trees" thing should be a fundie tagline. So caught up in tiny, minute details and only looking at what they want to look at, they are incapable of seeing anything else. 

She slept in a covered wagon surrounded by modern conveniences. A tourist attraction. That told her she'd be a bad pioneer. Not any actual facts of "pioneer" life, Her view of LIW is her view of Pioneer life and she holds it close. One tiny, convenience laden, tourist experience only changed her one tiny thought - she wouldn't have done well sleeping in a covered wagon. The rest? Those thoughts don't even flutter close to her brain cells. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

That whole "can't see the forest through the trees" thing should be a fundie tagline. 

So true. I also just find Sarah especially triggering, I’m not sure if it’s because we’re similar ages or what. But she just seems to refuse to engage with her privilege and how lucky she is to be a white woman and have a headship who apparently isn’t abusive for her to follow and being obedient to. I mean you never know but she pushes that wifely duty crap enough to make me hope he’s not like some of these patriarchal, legalistic headshipS who can so easily be abusive. 

Addie has posted another adoration filled couple shot to her new headship. Already a month in. There could be a baby announcement by thanksgiving! 

Edited by Noquiver
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

So true. I also just find Sarah especially triggering, I’m not sure if it’s because we’re similar ages or what. But she just seems to refuse to engage with her privilege and how lucky she is to be a white woman and have a headship who apparently isn’t abusive for her to follow and being obedient to. I mean you never know but she pushes that wifely duty crap enough to make me hope he’s not like some of these patriarchal, legalistic headshipS who can so easily be abusive. 

Addie has posted another adoration filled couple shot to her new headship. Already a month in. There could be a baby announcement by thanksgiving! 

Sarah is very drunk on the Kool-Aid. I find her particularly insufferable. And naïve. And judgmental as hell. 

• Upvote 6

55 minutes ago, Noquiver said:

Addie has posted another adoration filled couple shot to her new headship.

I really want to know more about where they're living. Close to the compound? I hope that her homemaking style will be as maniacally twee as her blogging.

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Sarah is very drunk on the Kool-Aid. I find her particularly insufferable. And naïve. And judgmental as hell. 

I think she relishes being judgmental. From her blog it appears that she has plenty of friends and acquaintances who are different kinds of Christians or who aren't religious. But instead of engaging in real dialog she writes chastising blog posts and puts up "trigger the libs" bait on Instagram.

• Upvote 3

Wasn't it her who made the insufferable blog post about how it's so simple, if everyone just waited until marriage to have sex there would never be a need for abortion or birth control?  Speaking of naive...

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, dramallama said:

Wasn't it her who made the insufferable blog post about how it's so simple, if everyone just waited until marriage to have sex there would never be a need for abortion or birth control?  Speaking of naive...

Yes.

She also qualifies her judgmental BS with "truth". Like, when she waxed poetic about how marriage is the right and only way (and, of course, the way she does marriage) because it's god's plan, blah, blah, blah - apparently some of her followers took her to task because they are single and she seems to be saying they're not valuable or something. She "apologized" by saying some fundie script about single seasons, but eventually reached her real feelings - "other" people not liking "the truth". 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

• 2 weeks later...

Addies been on a real social media kick, 2 posts in 24 hrs and 4 this month. I realized with the nieces picture that 1. All the kids look the same I only recognized Zan but based on age assume the other two are  Katie/Lise/Dorothy offspring 2. Adeline seems to really spend more time with her sisters or the older wives vs the new wives. Like she had a tea party photo a while back and I don’t think any of the girls were Keni or Alyssa’s. It was just an interesting observation and kind of the opposite of say what the Duggar’s at least show on TV which is wives/mothers vs unmarried aka leave Jana out of everything. I think it makes sense I assume Martha has more in common with Addie then Alyssa but still interesting. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic