IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

The S'Mortons have become much more circumspect about making family events public. This is probably a good thing but I will admit to wanting to see a livestream as well! Hopefully, there will at least be lots of photos -- I am curious to see Adeline's dress & the dresses of her attendants. Also, I wonder how many people in all will be there in person.

Who will officiate? Daddy Morton? An actual pastor?

• Upvote 3

I still wish that Kressent and Michael's wedding was still online. That was one crazy wedding. Hard to believe that they just celebrated 14 yrs. And she did indeed happily follow him to the ends of the earth without a complaint. 

• Upvote 1

I'll be kind of surprised if they do a public stream. They've drawn back from the scrutiny of the public quite a bit since their early days. It started before Alan's arrest, but it's been an increasingly closed ever since. I suspect that it's the combination of annoyance at FJ and its ilk, and the much more immediate concern over Granny Scarlett, Tacky Jacky and the Craptain gaining access to pics of grandkids that they have no right to. If that's playing any kind of role in their decision to keep private, I can only approve.

What I think we will get (in terms of public sharing) is a slightly diminished version of the way Martha's wedding was presented. Instead of a blog post, it will be instagram, but there will probably be a slew of pictures in the weeks following the wedding, plus a few biblical quotes and family pics from the day of. I'm very interested to see if Addie continues posting as a newlywed. She genuinely loves to write and express herself that way, and I'm hoping that the interest in a new home indicates that she will be posting home decor, floral arrangements,  etc. for a while before the kids start coming. 

But, there's nobody besides Adeline left to write about life on the compound, and she is soon to be away from it all. Alyssa and Sam are going to be in their new house in a few months, and Campbell only really posts about herself, Sexy Hair John, and her inadvertent hexagon dick art on the monochromatic walls. Martha will keep the birthday notices coming, I'm sure, but other than the inane things her daughter says, she really doesn't post much family or farm news. Plus, there will only be the two youngest boys left in the "big house" anyway. 

This really feels like the official end of the OG Morton Era. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

They've never done streaming of the weddings. Captain Bret put up video of S'Morton weddings after the fact, but no other Morton wedding has been put online. I'm betting it's going to be IG stories all the way. I really just want to see the dresses & wedding party. After Allison's wedding, I don't think I could stomach another fundie wedding so soon. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

I've never managed to watch a fundie wedding. I'd love to change that in the future and make a drinking game out of it.

Aside from the heavily edited Duggar/Bates weddings I never managed to watch a full wedding either aside from Kressant and Michael's.  But man, the WTF was on full display there.  (Quick recap:  The groom and the groomsmen dressed up like Prince Charming/sea captains in dress whites.  Brett was in his Captain's uniform.   All the guests were told to show up in the morning but then wait around until Papa Morton decided it was time to be married.  He finally gave the go ahead and he conferred with Brett Smith and they told one of the groomsmen who blew a bugle.  The whole gang of groomsmen then rang off to sneak surprise the bridal party.  They had been hanging around the Smith household all day fully dressed waiting to be told when the wedding would be at the drop of the hat.  She is immediately whisked into a limo with her father.  He then pontificates on to the guests that he raised her to love him unfailingly and without even looking at a boy until he decided that it was ok since it would be the man she would marry.  He kept her away from evil influences, even other people in their church, who could poison her mind.  He trained her to be an unquestioning wife and to know all the ways to love, care for and nurture a family of children and to walk unquestioningly to the ends of the earth, through deprivation, with her husband.  After being married she and Michael recreated the Austrian folk dance from the Sound of Music.)

I tried to watch Ashley Salyer's wedding but only managed bits.  Same with Pris and David.   I wish I could have seen Katie/Alan's as well, I just read about it and saw the pics on the old blog.  Those Smorton Weddings were full tilt.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Kressant just posted a picture of her youngest son with a table that has like tulle, a candlelight, a portrait with the picture covered by a doodle, a platter. And it says her son is helping her get ready for Addie's wedding... So weird.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I don't understand how/why people go along with the bullshit these fundie dudes come up with. Show up in the morning and wait until the penis holder decides it's time? Dude fuck you. I have a life to live and shit to do. How does nobody ever tell them people to get a grip on reality and fuck off?

Also, I kinda wanna host a party now and tell everyine to be over at 1pm.....but I'll decide when the party starts when my wap alerts me ?

• Upvote 6

Would Addie be going to Paraguay to get married? Strange idea, given there was just another shower for her yesterday. But, WTF is Kressant talking about? Maybe they're going there on their honeymoon? Moving there since Addie seems to think of Paraguay as dreamily as she thinks of curtains blowing in the wind? 

The Mortons are straight up weird, mind boggling people. 

I think streaming - if not publicly, but for the Paraguay Mortons - would be the most logical conclusion, why set crap up at a table? Would they really take it so far as to have the trappings of wedding in their own living room as they watch the wedding? 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Would Addie be going to Paraguay to get married? Strange idea, given there was just another shower for her yesterday. But, WTF is Kressant talking about? Maybe they're going there on their honeymoon? Moving there since Addie seems to think of Paraguay as dreamily as she thinks of curtains blowing in the wind? 

No, she's still in GA. I would guess they're planning to like, zoom conference the PY crowd and have both locations decorated so everyone feels like they're there?

• Upvote 3

They're having the rehearsal now. Bethany Lane posted a picture with some of her girls with Alexandria Alexander (Sorry, I can't use her nickname when her given name is so epic).

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

Kressent is making cupcakes with the kids for the wedding tomorrow.  I think that they are having their own little party in honor of Addie. I also saw that Kress whited out something in a picture frame in the other post. I bet that the invite has a link for the live stream of the wedding. That way this that can't come can still watch. 

• Upvote 1

That most recent picture of Kressant and Michael on her IG - is he okay? He's really never looked happy in any picture I've ever seen, but in that pic he looks positively gaunt, his color looks "off," and his eyes look kind of haunted. I hope he's all right and not wishing/praying away some significant physical or mental health issue. They've really all been through a lot as a family in the past few years.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

No, she's still in GA. I would guess they're planning to like, zoom conference the PY crowd and have both locations decorated so everyone feels like they're there?

I agree. I think Kress is just trying to participate in the celebrations as fully as possible. She'll probably dress up her children, watch the stream in full, and then share special "wedding" treats when the GA Mortons are at the reception. Honestly, I think it's pretty sweet. She hasn't gone to this much trouble for other family weddings that they've missed.

She and Addie have always had a very special connection. They share a birthday, and Kressant is only 4 years older than Adeline. I'm sure that Kress would be Matron of Honor if she were present, and I think that the care she's taken with the table, decor, and treats is a strong indication of her love for Addie. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Kress posted that they are getting ready to watch the wedding.  Gabby Campana has posted pictures of many many little flower girls in fluffy white dresses. 

Sarah Dasha posted a picture to her story 2 hours ago that said Adeline and Michael are married. I guess the ceremony already happened. I didn’t expect it to be in the morning. 

edit: Kressant posted a picture of the bride and groom. Seems like Addie wore a strapless dress, didn’t expect that either.

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Yeah, looks like it was an early wedding.

I knew there were going to be 100 flower girls/bell ringers/whatever they will be called. Adeline's entire identity has been tied up in being an aunt (Aunt Poog) and she is very invested in her millions of nieces & nephews. Can't fault her for that - but I do think it's insane to have that many little kids in a wedding. Remember Meredith's army of bell ringers? 

Kressent has a picture of the bride & groom kissing. Adeline has a spaghetti or very thin strapped dress. No veil. Looks like her colors were pink-ish based on the little girl's bows.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Yeah, looks like it was an early wedding.

I knew there were going to be 100 flower girls/bell ringers/whatever they will be called. Adeline's entire identity has been tied up in being an aunt (Aunt Poog) and she is very invested in her millions of nieces & nephews. Can't fault her for that - but I do think it's insane to have that many little kids in a wedding. Remember Meredith's army of bell ringers? 

Kressent has a picture of the bride & groom kissing. Adeline has a spaghetti or very thin strapped dress. No veil. Looks like her colors were pink-ish based on the little girl's bows.

Kressant just posted a pic of Adeline's full dress. It's strapless, very cute white dress.

• Upvote 3

I guess this is the alleged 1950's look? It's very mid-century in shape, and it fits Adeline beautifully. Definitely not the silhouette I expected her to choose, but I think she looks gorgeous.

How far the Mortons have come. One daughter in a long-sleeved, fully opaque, quasi "Medieval" trained dress, one in a modest Regency revival sheath, the next in a modern ballgown, but with tulle stuffed all around the neckline to diminish the visible skin, and now Addie with visible cleavage at her own wedding! If it means something other than personal taste of the brides, hopefully it's a good thing.

• Upvote 9

I like that it is strapless verses the straps I thought were there in the first picture I saw. I don't normally like strapless dresses, but I do like them better than the spaghetti straps. 

Bethany is in a pinkish dress - must have been a bridesmaid. Her girls were part of the flower girl brigade. 

• Upvote 4

The dress is totally unexpected and not really my taste, but it's well-done and looks good on her. I wonder if the crunched timeline made it more convenient to pick something that wouldn't require more complex alterations.

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic