IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

I didn't see Dorothy in the pictures, although I think I saw her son (a boy looking exactly like Noah) in the pictures dancing with a little girl. 

I would not have recognized Katie, she's changed so much over the past few years. 

• Upvote 2

Six months ago, I could have looked through those wedding & reception photos with great aplomb.

Now, all I can see is packed indoor spaces, no masks, and tons of people hugging & kissing. :pink-shock: 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, moreorlessnu said:

I didn't see Dorothy in the pictures, although I think I saw her son (a boy looking exactly like Noah) in the pictures dancing with a little girl. 

I would not have recognized Katie, she's changed so much over the past few years. 

It's quite possible. I cannot recognize those little kids with the exception of Kennedy's, Alyssa's and Zan. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, caitrona said:

There was a picture on one of the IG stories that looked like Noah & Dorothy's twins dressed up, unless they have another set of twin nephews about the same age? I'm trying to remember whose story it was.  But I couldn't pick out their older kids in any of the group shots.  I'd be shocked if they weren't there, but they do have infants and may not have felt comfortable with covid risks? 

Amanda and Luke Weathers have twin sons that are just a few months older than Dorothy's. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

The family member’s name is Cathy Johnson, you can look for her in Addie or Michael’s friends lists (both public). Scroll a bit down her feed and you’ll see the album. 

Wow, that lady posted over 200 pictures! Thanks Cathy!

Did anyone notice some of the bridesmaids dont have bouquets but just corsages? Maybe they're not actually bridesmaids, or theres like 2 tiers of maid/matron? See below (pictures are public).

FB_IMG_1600137882785.jpg

FB_IMG_1600137885942.jpg

• Upvote 2

Maybe they had another wedding to go to? It's very weird if they didn't come to the wedding but no sign of them in all the pictures? Unless one of the kids got sick last minute...

Another shade of yellow with the peach for the bridesmaids dresses would have been pretty, but man, that particular shade of yellow combined with the pastel peach....yuck.  

• I Agree 3

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Maybe they had another wedding to go to? It's very weird if they didn't come to the wedding but no sign of them in all the pictures? Unless one of the kids got sick last minute...

That's a possibility. I doubt they went to another wedding and skipped her sister's.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, dramallama said:

Another shade of yellow with the peach for the bridesmaids dresses would have been pretty, but man, that particular shade of yellow combined with the pastel peach....yuck.  

Definitely a trendy combo right now. Scrolling through interior decor pages im seeing lots of stuff like this:

Spoiler

Personally? I like it better than the baby blue or pale lavender that you often see on last-minute bridesmaid dresses; the yellow has some depth, at least.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, dramallama said:

I see 2 shades of yellow - one is a more mustard (which is my favorite color and I like it with the peach) and the other is more of a chartreuse which I don't think goes as well with the peach (I think that's Gabriella Campana in one of those). I also overall love Keni's dress (permanent disclaimer: pretty girl but fucking asshole and guilty of child endangerment related to lack of car seat safety). I do think they should've had more of an even split between the dress colors, it doesn't seem very coordinated and looks like they just told them all to pick between the 3 colors and most ended up choosing pink/peach.

I'd be interested in seeing a list of wedding party members, I'm still confused if everyone is a bridesmaid or if there's tiers.

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

I see 2 shades of yellow - one is a more mustard (which is my favorite color and I like it with the peach) and the other is more of a chartreuse which I don't think goes as well with the peach (I think that's Gabriella Campana in one of those). I also overall love Keni's dress (permanent disclaimer: pretty girl but fucking asshole and guilty of child endangerment related to lack of car seat safety). I do think they should've had more of an even split between the dress colors, it doesn't seem very coordinated and looks like they just told them all to pick between the 3 colors and most ended up choosing pink/peach.

I'd be interested in seeing a list of wedding party members, I'm still confused if everyone is a bridesmaid or if there's tiers.

That's what I thought. There are different flowers - big bouquets, small bouquets, lots of wrist corsages. In one picture, Gabrielle Campana seems to be wrangling the millions of flower girls rather than standing with the wedding party. I thought maybe bridesmaids versus various attendants? Special friends? I don't know. It looks like the ones with larger bouquets all have the peach/pink dresses and are standing up front with the bride & groom (others do as well, but they don't have the large bouquets and aren't lined up around the bride & groom during the ceremony). Also, there are only a fraction of the number of groomsmen. In one picture of some kids coming down the aisle, Campbell is in a pew - not on the stage with the wedding party.

I hope someday, some Morton explains that because to be honest, it's driving me crazy! We didn't get to hear of any insane preaching / speeches, or authority transfers or any of the typical fundie stuff - all I got on this one is trying to make sense of the bridal party!

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Some big southern weddings will have a position called "personal attendants": basically a second tier bridesmaid. The personal attendants will get dressed with the bride and often have a corsage, but not necessarily match the bridesmaids' outfits. It can be useful because they can run errands or have specific duties while bridesmaids are needed elsewhere.

I honestly find it a little ridiculous, but you do you (or Addie does Addie.)

• Thank You 4

Non-Adeline wedding related, Alyssa posted a story about her kids, and wrote that between the 4 of them she was in labor a total of 34 hours. That seems quite short to me, I had active labor for 20 hours for my first, and God knows some of the Duggars spend twice that long on 1 baby. She also had at least 1 c-section and maybe others were scheduled but still, lucky. 

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Non-Adeline wedding related, Alyssa posted a story about her kids, and wrote that between the 4 of them she was in labor a total of 34 hours. That seems quite short to me, I had active labor for 20 hours for my first, and God knows some of the Duggars spend twice that long on 1 baby. She also had at least 1 c-section and maybe others were scheduled but still, lucky. 

The first was a c-section. The others were not. Some people just have short(er) labors. 

The wedding photographer just added a bunch of photos from the wedding to her story on Instagram (sorry I don’t know how to add them here). She tagged a bunch of the other vendors including the wedding dress shop. I went scrolling through and I think that Campbell May have used the same shop there’s a post on their page from October 2018 of another woman in a dress that looks a lot like Campbell’s dress. 

The dress shop is white Weddings Tallahassee. I’ll see if I can find the dresses on their website. 

this would appear to be Addie’s gown https://allurebridals.com/style/3261. Interestingly enough the cover page for the Allure Romance page has this photo 1072601660_PNGimage.png.ac97bec028e674bd819c1d3dcac233f2.png

which kind of looks to me like the yellow colour of Keni and Lise’s dresses?

Edited by Noquiver

On 9/12/2020 at 12:18 PM, wendy-sparkles said:

Some people would really benefit from just joinng their local community theatre

I often think how much unhappiness could have been avoided in their little corner of the world had the Cap'n just run off to NYC when he turned 18, and worked bussing tables until he got his big break as dancer in the chorus line of a hit Broadway musical.

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

The first was a c-section. The others were not. Some people just have short(er) labors. 

This. Three full-term babies, total of 5.5 hours. Please don't hate me.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

Was this already discussed?  Katie Smith is listed as the videographer on the photographer's FB post about the wedding.  New venture for Katie?

Also interesting she is still using "smith" after everything that went down.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Was this already discussed?  Katie Smith is listed as the videographer on the photographer's FB post about the wedding.  New venture for Katie?

Also interesting she is still using "smith" after everything that went down.  

I think it's a different Katie Smith.

I think Cathy Johnson made her IG private.  I can't find her in Addie's friend list. Also,.early speculation bus. When Addie gets pregnant I think that she will announce on IG and early. I guess we'll see what happens ?

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic