Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
nelliebelle1197

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

Recommended Posts

browngrl

I have. a minimalist kitchen - not out of choice but out of lack of space. Since my storage is limited I've tried to buy the best I could afford  and only things which multi task - which means one crueset and one strainer. If it wasn't for all the misogyny and patriarchy, I'd envy Adeline her multiple kitchen utensils and presumably large kitchen to store them (assuming she has friends/family willing to pony up all that cash).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

Honestly,  Addie will probably need 3 waffle irons. Even with her age should could easily have 6 or 7 kids, not to mention having over various nephews/nieces and wanting to cook for them. BTW, I totally see her having sleepovers for various grand-mortons.  She loves being Aunt Pooge. It definitely endears me to her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ladyamylynn

Meh, the Le Creuset will last for decades, why not ask for something nice that will last? I have the same one and use it multiple times a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

I had another dream that I met the Mortons. I had to pretend that I didn't follow them so that they would keep talking to the person I was with.  They said that their family "that lives in another country " was coming to the wedding. In my awake life I don't believe it but they are the only fundies that I dream about so it stuck with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mudgie

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the move to South America was in no small way motivated by the fallout of Alan. There are a lot of children to protect and keep away from abusers and enablers. It can't have been easy for Kressant or Rachel to find themselves completely estranged from their family on top of learning about their brother being a pedophile. I know their plans for SA were in motion long before the case came to light but I can't help but assume the event certainly speeded things up. Especially when it appears that Michael played a significant role in bringing Alan to justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
27 minutes ago, Mudgie said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the move to South America was in no small way motivated by the fallout of Alan. There are a lot of children to protect and keep away from abusers and enablers. It can't have been easy for Kressant or Rachel to find themselves completely estranged from their family on top of learning about their brother being a pedophile. I know their plans for SA were in motion long before the case came to light but I can't help but assume the event certainly speeded things up. Especially when it appears that Michael played a significant role in bringing Alan to justice.

Half were in Paraguay before Alan was caught & arrested - at the end of 2015. First it was ma' & pa' Morton & the unmarried/underage kids, Wes, Rachel & their kids. Ma & pa & the younuns' came back for Alyssa & Sam's wedding in March of 2016 then went back to Paraguay. Then, Alan was caught & arrested in July, so ma, pa & the unmarried's moved back & brought Katie & her kids to the big house. That fall was when Mike & Kressant went to Paraguay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
browngrl

I don't think we'll ever hear the full story from the Mortons but I think they went to Paraguay because they want no government oversight on their activities. House building regulations? Schooling regulations? Health regulations? Not for them. I think the Mortons feel they know better than anyone. Also there's the racism they are freer to practice in a country with little or no regulation. 

They are  MAGA folk after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

I dreamt, again,  about the Mortons last night. In particular Papa Morton.  It inspired me to look up Addie's registry since Martha posted pictures of what appeared to be a bridal shower the other day. It looks like more stuff was added including more towels and kitchen stuff. But still only the one bed set. Very little had been bought although someone got the gauzy white bed canopy. I really hope that we get a lot of pictures and that Addie's radio silence is because she is busy snuggling her honey and planning a wedding,  not because he doesn't want things publicized online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lexiloumarie

Alyssa's girl are dancing around in flower girl dresses. Not sure if they're old or new - too many weddings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO
1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

Alyssa's girl are dancing around in flower girl dresses. Not sure if they're old or new - too many weddings.

Those dresses look pretty sparkling white and fit perfectly.  The tulle is also pretty stiff.  I vote new for Addie's wedding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

Kennedy and Andrew appear to be having a weekend away in the keys. I know it's a little soon but last time they did this she was pregnant.  I'm betting that she will be soon if not already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
3 hours ago, JMO said:

Those dresses look pretty sparkling white and fit perfectly.  The tulle is also pretty stiff.  I vote new for Addie's wedding. 

They are probably just trying them on to make sure they fit before the wedding next month.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
albireo
53 minutes ago, JMO said:

Kennedy and Andrew appear to be having a weekend away in the keys. I know it's a little soon but last time they did this she was pregnant.  I'm betting that she will be soon if not already. 

Yup. I'm guessing they planned the first trip in hopes of getting pregnant, but she ended up pregnant even before that. This one, they'll be trying their best. Mortopia ahoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NachosFlandersStyle

Addie mentioned on Instagram that she and Michael are house-hunting. Guess they won't be on the compound?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoipolloi
32 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Guess they won't be on the compound?

Would that be by (Michael's?) choice or by necessity because the compound is full up these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SolomonFundy

She also mentioned going on vacation with Michael's family. The vacation in question involved fishing, so presumably a beach or lake vacation for a while. This is the second Morton that I know of who vacationed with the in-laws before marriage, but the other was Andrew. As a B O Y , he would naturally get more privileges than a daughter, but I still thought that his pre-marital European skiing trip with Kennedy's family was kind of extreme for the clan. 

Addie seems to be giddy with excitement, and has apparently been running around doing shit non-stop since the engagement. A month til the wedding, and I can only imagine that it will get worse. I sincerely hope that she has at least a few moments of down time to savor whatever she wants to remember from her family home and life there. Ma and Pa Morton are probably not going to hang on to that property any longer than they need to. Kress and Mike have broken ground on their new house, and if they finish as quickly as Rachel and Wes did, the elder Morton's Paraguay home will be empty within a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMO

She said that they went to St George. She's old enough to be trusted, and I'm sure that they not only trust her judgment at this point but considering that she has admitted to praying for this for a long time they are probably happy to indulge. We're not talking about 19 yr olds who need to be reigned in on their hormones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I’m always kind of amazed when fundie parents actually recognize that their much older SAHDs are actually mature enough to travel on their own. Jana, Sarah Maxwell, and now Addie. It sort of flies in the face of their whole umbrella of protection beliefs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SolomonFundy

 

1 hour ago, JMO said:

She said that they went to St George. She's old enough to be trusted, and I'm sure that they not only trust her judgment at this point but considering that she has admitted to praying for this for a long time they are probably happy to indulge. We're not talking about 19 yr olds who need to be reigned in on their hormones. 

Thanks, I missed the St. George reference! I don't doubt that they've learned to see her as a competent adult, in spite of how she was raised/being a lady person, and that's a good thing. I'm happy for Addie that she got the chance to do something special with her fiance before the wedding, especially since it seems that the courtship didn't allow for much time together, and there was a massive break in the midst of it. But, I guess I feel more wary of the situation because of the way that the Morton girls were raised. 

They don't really seem to acknowledge pre-marital women's hormones. (At least, not overtly, as they've acknowledged those of their sons.) Women are treated like passive participants in their own seduction, and the men are the seducers. At least for the older Morton offspring, the girls were stripped of virtually all agency in their choice of partner in the first place, which would have presumably kept a convenient layer of awkwardness between the courting pairs. Martha clearly chose Tayte for herself, but she was apparently not even allowed to work on their trailer without a chaperone... when Tayte wasn't even present.

I fully acknowledge that it's potentially unfair of me to think so, but Addie's "freedom" to take this trip seems more of an indication  that, either due to her age, potential future marital prospects, or any number of other reasons, they don't see Addie as a person that warrants the same degree of protection they insisted on for her sisters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
albireo
43 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

I fully acknowledge that it's potentially unfair of me to think so, but Addie's "freedom" to take this trip seems more of an indication  that, either due to her age, potential future marital prospects, or any number of other reasons, they don't see Addie as a person that warrants the same degree of protection they insisted on for her sisters. 

She's also performed an unbelievable amount of service to the family, what with all of the homeschooling and being an extra parent to Katie's kids. For all of her flowery language, she's the workhorse of the family. I wonder if now that she's found someone they realize just how much she did for them, and that's why they've "allowed" her so many new "privileges." I also think her age is a factor.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianabones
2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m always kind of amazed when fundie parents actually recognize that their much older SAHDs are actually mature enough to travel on their own. Jana, Sarah Maxwell, and now Addie. It sort of flies in the face of their whole umbrella of protection beliefs. 

Well, every time we've thought Jana has been traveling on her own, Jim Bob pops up in the background of a photo from the trip a few weeks later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
14 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Well, every time we've thought Jana has been traveling on her own, Jim Bob pops up in the background of a photo from the trip a few weeks later...

Oh I didn’t know that. So we don’t know if she’s ever traveled without a parent or brother?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lexiloumarie

We also don't know that Edwin or Paul weren't somewhere in the background of the trip. If we saw more of it, I'd be excited 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianabones
22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I didn’t know that. So we don’t know if she’s ever traveled without a parent or brother?

Unless you count her visiting Jinger and Jeremy by herself, no (and how she used to fly to DC to nanny for Josh and Anna off-camera). When she went to Vegas a little while back with Laura for a conference, photos came out a while later that showed Jim Bob was with them the whole time.

She posted a picture of herself holding a coconut by a pool last month and people on Reddit flipped out and decided that she must have traveled somewhere tropical by herself solely based on that. I'm thinking she was at a neighbor's house 😆.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noquiver

The selection of pictures Addie posted just wasn’t enough! also that she refers to him as “hunk”.... yikes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.