IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

How's this for criticizing her policy:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/27/hillary-the-hawk-a-history-clinton-2016-military-intervention-libya-iraq-syria/

https://time.com/4429021/hillary-clinton-foreign-policy-platform/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-single-payer-health-care-will-never-ever-happen/

http://pnhp.org/news/hillarys-newfound-disdain-for-single-payer/

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Hillary Clinton besides misogyny. Waving away her all of her critics as being sexist tells me you're either not debating people who are actually pro-peace and/or leftist (not just centrist or center left) or you're not really listening to people's complaints. 

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

How's this for criticizing her policy:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/07/27/hillary-the-hawk-a-history-clinton-2016-military-intervention-libya-iraq-syria/

https://time.com/4429021/hillary-clinton-foreign-policy-platform/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-single-payer-health-care-will-never-ever-happen/

http://pnhp.org/news/hillarys-newfound-disdain-for-single-payer/

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Hillary Clinton besides misogyny. Waving away her all of her critics as being sexist tells me you're either not debating people who are actually pro-peace and/or leftist (not just centrist or center left) or you're not really listening to people's complaints. 

I don't just listen to leftists, I am one. But I'm not dumb enough to think that people swung from Obama to Trump because they found Hillary's Syria policy too hawkish. Or that she's history's greatest monster because, after decades of working on health care policy, she got cynical about the chances of sweeping reform. I'm perfectly capable of understanding that a politician has flaws and shortcomings without resorting to the kind of hyperbolic vitriol that seems to be entirely reserved for women. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I don't just listen to leftists, I am one. But I'm not dumb enough to think that people swung from Obama to Trump because they found Hillary's Syria policy too hawkish. Or that she's history's greatest monster because, after decades of working on health care policy, she got cynical about the chances of sweeping reform. I'm perfectly capable of understanding that a politician has flaws and shortcomings without resorting to the kind of hyperbolic vitriol that seems to be entirely reserved for women. 

I wasn't talking about people who voted for Trump. You literally said 

Even those "on the left" who hate her tend not to be able to articulate much of her actual agenda.

And that's not true. You can hate her and have voted for her, not Trump. I know I did. Acting like everyone that hates Hillary Clinton only does so because she's a women is lib shit and is a weak excuse to minimize the legitimate criticisms against her. I'm not responding to this anymore because it's not the thread for it, so feel free to PM me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

And that's not true. You can hate her and have voted for her, not Trump. I know I did. Acting like everyone that hates Hillary Clinton only does so because she's a women is lib shit and is a weak excuse to minimize the legitimate criticisms against her. I'm not responding to this anymore because it's not the thread for it, so feel free to PM me. 

Did I fucking say it was everyone? Listen, there are few issues in the world that matter less at this moment than "whats wrong with Hillary" and yet I still have a dozen DSA-type friends who are obsessively fixated on her in a way that no one ever did for, like, John Kerry, who ran well to her right. Another poster asked why she gets that outsized reaction and I gave my opinion. I unfortunately know a lot of misogynistic leftists, that's nice that you don't.

Oh, and "lib shit"? What am I, a cringe normie too? Oh the horror.

Edit to say: I understand I could have been clearer in my earlier post to avoid making a blanket statement. Sometimes I just get a little heated when I see the down vote, ya know? Sorry for bickering in this thread.

Edited by NachosFlandersStyle
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

So I checked Kennedy's IG after a long time for the first time. Damn she is fit and looks gorgeous for having three little children. I really need to find a new gym.

• Upvote 2

I'm personally ready to move on from the Clintons' being super relevant in the Democratic Party today. 10000% would vote for a Clinton over a Trump any day of the week. I just think the party needs to move forward and they shouldn't be brought along as incredibly relevant (obviously, so long as he is alive, he will be relevant as a former US president....I'm honestly just kind of done of seeing them both in the spotlight).

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Josiah Thomas posted a video of Alyssa in which she looks... not pregnant? Maybe they really were just trying for that boy.

Adeline also got her marriage license and had a wedding shower this weekend. Quite a lot of older folks in an indoor space ? and not a mask in sight. Lots of photos on her friend Sarah Shearer's insta stories.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Josiah Thomas posted a video of Alyssa in which she looks... not pregnant? Maybe they really were just trying for that boy.

Adeline also got her marriage license and had a wedding shower this weekend. Quite a lot of older folks in an indoor space ? and not a mask in sight. Lots of photos on her friend Sarah Shearer's insta stories.

The baby is only 6 months old. She could very well be just not showing yet. If she were to stick with her roughly every 12 month time frame - even accounting for the last that was a 14 month gap - she could be like just a few months along. 

Sorry. I don't mean to contradict but there is nothing about Alyssa & Sam that suggests (to me) that they would stop their mass procreation. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, fundiefan said:

The baby is only 6 months old. She could very well be just not showing yet. If she were to stick with her roughly every 12 month time frame - even accounting for the last that was a 14 month gap - she could be like just a few months along. 

Sorry. I don't mean to contradict but there is nothing about Alyssa & Sam that suggests (to me) that they would stop their mass procreation. 

Agreed. They'll stop when she's menopausal. However, I suspect that the spacing will be a bit longer from here on. No way in hell she could have kept pushing them out every December for many more years. Sam jr. was a 15 month gap. The next will probably be about the same, so maybe May of 2021.

• Upvote 5

22 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Nooo I didn’t check any fundie accounts this weekend on Instagram. I did see Addie’s post about the license and having there wedding on the lawn. And the comment about joining them

but not really. And Addie just posted more engagement photos! How many showers does it appear she’s had so far? At least 3? She mentioned two in the //Memories// post.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Noquiver said:

How many showers does it appear she’s had so far?

I can't really begrudge her -- I'm glad she's enjoying the moment.

Just hope that shower doesn't turn into a super-spreader event, especially for the older folks. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Agreed. They'll stop when she's menopausal. However, I suspect that the spacing will be a bit longer from here on. No way in hell she could have kept pushing them out every December for many more years. Sam jr. was a 15 month gap. The next will probably be about the same, so maybe May of 2021.

Yep. Most fundies who start out crazy fertile slow down eventually. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

I can't really begrudge her -- I'm glad she's enjoying the moment.

Just hope that shower doesn't turn into a super-spreader event, especially for the older folks. 

Oh definitely not. I feel her comment about the not really following the comment was definitely Addie’s decision. She seems to be really enjoying the celebrations leading up to the wedding and I’m sure is so ready to live those Victorian England Jane Austen dreams out on the day. For being super super quiverfull as the Mortons are, baby showers etc seem to not be a thing or at least not shared publicly. So I wonder if Addie knows her wedding is the last time she’ll be celebrated like this. The Duggar’s do more consistent gender reveals etc. It seems like the Morton’s default assumption is a wife is pregnant so it’s not that big of a deal. Which makes Campbell so interesting and Martha so sad. Campbell only because it’s not clear why she hasn’t had any little blessings yet. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Noquiver said:

Campbell so interesting and Martha so sad. Campbell only because it’s not clear why she hasn’t had any little blessings yet.

At the risk of snarking on someone who is struggling with infertility - I think Campbell might be pregnant. She looked "fluffier" than she usually does in the pictures of her at the water park (taken maybe a month ago) and since then she has been largely absent from instagram other than the occasional photo of her nieces or dog or husband. Predicting a pregnancy in a Morton is never a risky bet but I do think she's pregnant or was very recently pregnant.  NB I don't follow any of the private Morton Instagrams or any facebook account so I might be missing important findings.

Edited by browngrl
more to say
  • Upvote 6

I just found the Rodriguii on IG and Kressent follows them! I would never have guessed this bizarre crossover. Maybe she became aware of them through a traveling church visit years ago? I know she follows at least a couple of Bates/Duggars though.  Maybe through there? Weird. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JMO said:

I just found the Rodriguii on IG and Kressent follows them! I would never have guessed this bizarre crossover. Maybe she became aware of them through a traveling church visit years ago? I know she follows at least a couple of Bates/Duggars though.  Maybe through there? Weird. 

Both the Mortons and Rodrigueses are friends of the Plaths, maybe it's through them?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

If I had to guess, I'd say JillRod found Kressant & Co. first, and Kressant just followed her back. She's forever on the prowl for opportunities to ingratiate herself into established families/groups. It's also possible that Campbell's brief affiliation with the Bates resulted in Jill tracking her to the Mortons, or possibly even she found them by reading here. Jill is definitely aware of FJ, and possibly even uses it as a curated source for fresh fundy contacts.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Jill does know some fundie families through the Pearls. Since Jill sells plexus and tons of other fundies sell plexus, it’s pretty likely there are some people following eachother just because of that. 

• Upvote 7

Martha has been posting a daily countdown to the wedding. It's kind of sweet.  Almost makes up for the occasional outright Uber conservative political lies that she and John post.

• I Agree 1

I had another Morton dream.  In this one I crashed the wedding weekend.  Including the hen party the night before.  But then I got freaked out that someone would realize that I was an interloper.  I was mostly afraid of Kennedy.  And so I and another woman who crashed stole the car of the 3rd interloper and drove off, hoping that we wouldn't be caught. Weird.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Nothing that I've seen on the IG feeds I follow.  I suspect that they might do that for their family members but I haven't heard of anything public.  The various sisters and SILs have posted about helping to prepare for the wedding.  I'm assuming that it will be on the property and that we will get photos after the fact.  I assume that the PA Mortons will be allowed a live feed. I don't follow Rachel, Kate or Michael.   I freely admit that I want to see this wedding.  I've been literally dreaming about it for months!!!  LOL

• Upvote 3

I was also hoping streaming information was going to be posted. Having only started following the family in the past 4 years I read the blog entries of the early S’Morton weddings long after the fact except for Martha and saw the Instagram updates of the younger ones. I’d hope they’d live stream it if only because this feels like the last wedding of note for them (no offence Paul and Edwin...) and with the pandemic I’m sure not every single person Adeline would want there can be there. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic