IGNORED

Alyssa & John 6: She's Raising Sister Moms

GreyhoundFan

17 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I saw this this morning, and it reminded me of what Alyssa is doing to Allie. It just made me mad and sad because this is so common in fundie-land. They probably just justify it as “babysitting” or “preparation” for when they are to be parents at a young age themselves. 

Hide contents

06539718-8AC6-44F7-8832-32A5B7F23A9C.jpeg.11591263b8b35606edbab67193720c49.jpeg

Man this language reminds me so much of Kelly Jo's awful birthday posts when she compliments the girls for "always helping out and never complaining". That is what Allie will be taught, is that she will get positive attention from her parents (like that one social media post) the more she helps out, and saying anything or just wanting to play would be seen as being difficult. Very sad.

Also, let's stop with the "maybe she'll stop after #4/#5/#6/#8/#10 posts" they've shown they have no intention of stopping.

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Gender reveal on YouTube next Saturday. Bates family will not be there because of COVID. I was super impressed with Kelly's response about not being there in person!

Spoiler

C6A84B6C-F0B6-4CB6-BDF9-025FFCA0CE3D_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.1b12c07d198a3830c333a77857fcc494.jpeg

• Upvote 18
  • Love 3

53 minutes ago, SisterMom said:

. I was super impressed with Kelly's response about not being there in person!

I have to say Kelly is the master of double speak. She got in a dig about it being a "political side track". That is code for saying "the scary liberals are making it worse than it really is." Her post can placate the fans who might be turned off if they openly downplayed the virus, while it also placates the fans who think the virus isn't really that bad of a thing. Those last fans can assure themselves that Kelly gave enough hints that she is on their side, while the other fans can point to her saying that people need to be cautious. The fans are kept happy and who knows the truth as to why Gil and Kelly really won't be there. IBLP has several events in September, wouldn't be shocked if planning for those events are the real reason they won't be there. I take everything Kelly says with a massive grain of salt. 

Kelly is good at twisting words, she always has been, especially once she realized how much backlash they would get if they were honest about their life. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I have to honestly laugh at John and his little quips about people asking oddly specific questions, as if they know a lot about them. I kind of wonder what he expects and if he thinks there aren't crazy stalker people out there? I don't wish crazy stalker people on them, but when you're on television and then maintain an active online presence, it's bound to happen that people will follow every little aspect of your life.

• Upvote 16

On 9/5/2020 at 8:31 PM, Perrierwithlemon said:

I saw this this morning, and it reminded me of what Alyssa is doing to Allie. It just made me mad and sad because this is so common in fundie-land. They probably just justify it as “babysitting” or “preparation” for when they are to be parents at a young age themselves. 

Hide contents

06539718-8AC6-44F7-8832-32A5B7F23A9C.jpeg.11591263b8b35606edbab67193720c49.jpeg

Wow. This hit close to home. I can see myself as child. I still struggle with a lot of these things, but gladly started therapy in January. Now I'm on my way of working through it. It is tough though. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 9

On 9/4/2020 at 7:48 AM, neurogirl said:

Hmm..Alyssa and John have scheduled far in advance a youtube live for a sex reveal and it's all so over the top. I think they already know and because they are doing it live...she is having a boy. I kinda hope I'm wrong because I want their girls to be celebrated too. But that's a pipe dream. 

Hide contents

648153201_ScreenShot2020-09-03at10_45_59PM.thumb.png.3fb5500e47535a17e807dc9c5a017f14.png

1675436958_ScreenShot2020-09-03at10_45_42PM.thumb.png.a65f53e4732d2e83cba6afefbfa5dbb3.png

What is Alyssa holding? A pregnancy test? Cause that will help reveal the sex?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

I fucking hate gender sex reveals so much. The fact that the current California wildfire was caused by the pyrotechnics of one make me wish these stupid things would be cancelled forever.

Just watched the new Q&A video. Alyssa now says she wants to stop at 4 but John would be happy to keep going though "leaves it up to her". No mention of birth control, so we'll see what happens.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 8/29/2020 at 11:35 PM, ColeJo said:

Advice regarding potty training is something to be discussed with other moms that she is close to, not on social media. Even when asking for advice from another mom, there is discretion involved. It is not appropriate and it's a violation of her kids' privacy. It should be common sense to not post pictures of your child on the toilet.

You’re 100% correct, @ColeJo! And what makes matters worse in my opinion is that Alyssa herself has experienced harassment on social media - that was the reason she closed down her instagram a few years ago and said she wasn’t sure if she’ll ever be back.
Yes, she obviously did return, but she should be aware enough by now that there aren’t just nice, understanding people following her (and even if there were, potty training isn’t a topic for a public SM account). But Alyssa still puts her children in a position she shouldn’t, 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@freethemall Kind of makes me wonder if they WERE preventing via abstinence before.  Then he'd totally be okay with having more if it meant regular sweet, sweet fellowship.  Idk, a good husband should look at the struggle his wife is having and say "no more" if that's what's needed in the culture for her to be done without guilt.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Johns comment about leaving the number of kids up to Alyssa and supporting how ever many kids she decides on having was so bizarre. Isn’t that something they should decide on together? John made it sound like Alyssa indulging in some collector’s item, not actual tiny humans. I’m not used to people being that casual about having kids. 

• Upvote 17
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 6

On 9/6/2020 at 4:29 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Just hospital or (uncommon) planned home births and the occasional side of the road babies. 

My mind immediately flashed to someone I know, an elevator baby... then to another friend, a garage baby, then to one of Anna's kids, a toilet baby, one or more of Jessa's, couch babies, etc. It opens up a new world of laughs for me, so thank you, @AussieKrissy, well done! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Bobology said:

My mind immediately flashed to someone I know, an elevator baby... then to another friend, a garage baby, then to one of Anna's kids, a toilet baby, one or more of Jessa's, couch babies, etc. It opens up a new world of laughs for me, so thank you, @AussieKrissy, well done! 

Knowing someone was happy from my ramblings makes me happy, thank you edit to add side of the road came to me, because we had a side of the highway baby on the news the other day.

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, mstee said:

Johns comment about leaving the number of kids up to Alyssa and supporting how ever many kids she decides on having was so bizarre. Isn’t that something they should decide on together? John made it sound like Alyssa indulging in some collector’s item, not actual tiny humans. I’m not used to people being that casual about having kids. 

Really? I know many couples (who use birth control) in which one of them is open to more kids and the other is done. They talk similarly to John "I would like another baby, but my husband/wife wants to stop, so it's ok". It's the person who wants to stop who has the last word.

• Upvote 9

I was having trouble sleeping last night, so for the first time I watched Alyssa’s YouTube channel to help lull me into sleep (and give me nightmares, but that’s a story for another post). During their weekend away video, they were watching Law and Order SVU. Seems like a bold choice for some fundies. I wonder how they justify that. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Really? I know many couples (who use birth control) in which one of them is open to more kids and the other is done. They talk similarly to John "I would like another baby, but my husband/wife wants to stop, so it's ok". It's the person who wants to stop who has the last word.

I definitely get that. I’d like 3 but my husband wants 2. But I was more taken aback with how John had no number in mind. “You have them and I’ll provide”. Didn’t seem to matter if it was 2 or 20. Just seemed completely vague. I feel like couples I talk to have talked about it and have an idea of how many they’d like or when they’d like to stop. 

• Upvote 13

11 hours ago, mstee said:

JB Duggar use to say that all the time...but I'm not sure he was actually sincere?

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Scoodilypoop said:

. I wonder how they justify that

They just do what they please. Alyssa has the same hateful beliefs than her parents, but other tastes, so she has made all the changes she needed, while keeping fundie (or deep conservative or however it is called). She's vain, so most of the changes are about clothes. She's lazy at parenting, so her girls watch cartoons and have a TV school. Alyssa and John want to watch unfundie movies? That movies are immediately right in their minds. 

Some people say that she won't stop having children. The reason why I think it's possible that she stops, it's because she and John seem to make the changes that please them. Also, John siblings are not quiverful.

• Upvote 9

16 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

They just do what they please. Alyssa has the same hateful beliefs than her parents, but other tastes, so she has made all the changes she needed, while keeping fundie (or deep conservative or however it is called). She's vain, so most of the changes are about clothes. She's lazy at parenting, so her girls watch cartoons and have a TV school. Alyssa and John want to watch unfundie movies? That movies are immediately right in their minds. 

Some people say that she won't stop having children. The reason why I think it's possible that she stops, it's because she and John seem to make the changes that please them. Also, John siblings are not quiverful.

I agree. When asking how they justify it, I meant that I wonder about their thought processes when watching it in light of their beliefs. They can’t possibly seen Benson as a hero or feel true empathy for the victims (especially the non-cis bipoc victims). And John’s family, fundie or not, has hateful beliefs towards women (pretty clear from Taliban Dan’s record). I suppose I’m just surprised that they would watch a show that (particularly in its later seasons) is focused on empowering women. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Scoodilypoop said:

I was having trouble sleeping last night, so for the first time I watched Alyssa’s YouTube channel to help lull me into sleep (and give me nightmares, but that’s a story for another post). During their weekend away video, they were watching Law and Order SVU. Seems like a bold choice for some fundies. I wonder how they justify that. 

ohhh I hope they've seen the Duggar inspired episode!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2020 at 10:40 AM, Scoodilypoop said:

I agree. When asking how they justify it, I meant that I wonder about their thought processes when watching it in light of their beliefs. They can’t possibly seen Benson as a hero or feel true empathy for the victims (especially the non-cis bipoc victims). And John’s family, fundie or not, has hateful beliefs towards women (pretty clear from Taliban Dan’s record). I suppose I’m just surprised that they would watch a show that (particularly in its later seasons) is focused on empowering women. 

They probably hate Olivia Benson haha

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Casserole said:

ohhh I hope they've seen the Duggar inspired episode!

Wait, wait, what episode is that?

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Wait, wait, what episode is that?

Oh yes wouldn’t that be fun. Is that the one where they adopted one of the daughter’s kids and pretended it was the parents. Or the one where they tried to marry the pregnant child off to the minister so he couldn’t be charged. Or was that both the same one and he had fathered bother kids?  I know I have seen the duggar inspired episode but I has been lost in the shuffle. 

• Upvote 2

@AussieKrissy It was the same episode.  The parents adopted the oldest girls child, pretending it was theirs and thinking the father was their son (thinking they were covering insest).  Then SVU investigated the collapse of another girl who turned out to be pregnant. SVU found the son was innocent and it was the minister.  SVU confronted everyone while they were marrying off the younger one to the minister who was rescuing her.

The key thing about that is that when confronted with the evidence mum sided with SVU and the girls and stopped the whole thing.

Its a really good episode!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic