IGNORED

Alyssa & John 6: She's Raising Sister Moms

GreyhoundFan

I saw her post on IG with a photo from her ultrasound. Based on skull theory, I think baby is another girl and I think they'll name her Ruby, Lily, Polly, Lucy, Emmy, Millie/Milli/Milly Sadie or maybe even Sophie and use the middle name Rose.

Edited by MaryOrMartha
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I saw her post on IG with a photo from her ultrasound. Based on skull theory, I think baby is another girl and I think they'll name her Ruby, Lily, Polly, Lucy, Emmy, Millie/Milli/Milly Sadie or maybe even Sophie and use the middle name Rose.

I picked girl based off their 12 week scan and I have yet to be wrong in the about 5 (for friends I have picked). This ultrasound had me second guessing. But yes on skull, I am again going with girl. 

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I picked girl based off their 12 week scan and I have yet to be wrong in the about 5 (for friends I have picked). This ultrasound had me second guessing. But yes on skull, I am again going with girl. 

If I message you my ultrasound pic, would you take a guess for me?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Sophie Rose is my girl name, if I ever have one. ??

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

46 minutes ago, mstee said:

If I message you my ultrasound pic, would you take a guess for me?

Yep :). I google angle of the dangle Gender the pics gets it every time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

Sophie Rose is my girl name, if I ever have one. ??

Lovely name! Hope you will have your baby soon!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Lovely name! Hope you will have your baby soon!

I appreciate that. I really do. I’m divorced, so it’s not happening for me. I do have two boys though. That would have been their name if either was a girl. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Shocking, I tell ya. Did they announce a name?

Nope. They said they'll announce in their YouTube channel in a few weeks.

They were "happy" but it seemed a bit forced. I think they expected to have their golden boy. The live ended super quickly after announcing.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

I haven't seen the entire video but I don't think so. Anyway, she did seem happy, is another girl. What struck me is that she didn't know her girl's age, she was answering a question about the age of the girls when this one will be born and she was looking to John for a help 

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

They were "happy" but it seemed a bit forced. I think they expected to have their golden boy. The live ended super quickly after announcing.

See, I think Alyssa was actually really happy. I get the feeling she wouldn’t know what to do with a boy. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I think the whole thing was awkward mainly because they really didn't have anything to say or do. It was a nice thing for their family and friends, but 15 minutes of standing around while the girls were distracted by balloons was a bit much. How many different ways could they say, it will either be a boy or a girl. They aren't good at ad lib and Alyssa's geography skills are known to be lacking. The first few minutes were her reading where people were from in the comments. 

I'm not big on "gender" reveals, but it might have gone better if they had some pre-selected questions that they could answer while they waited to reveal. "If the baby is a girl, will all the girls sleep in the same room?" "What names are you thinking about for either?" "Have you kept all the baby clothes or did you think you were done and wouldn't need any more?" There are only so many questions to ask about a pregnancy/baby. Instead they read a question or two from the tablet and then didn't know how to answer them. Her most relaxed comment was saying she hoped it didn't rain. 

Livestreams are a "good idea" until someone turns on the camera and you realize you have nothing really to say or do. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

I agree I normally expect a gender reveal video to max 5 min long, because what can you say? Is either one or the other, and people really the just interest in know which is, 15 min is long especially with three little girls around who gets distracted and annoyed. How much can you say about your pregnancy? I'm fine, I'm tired, I plan to use these names and a couple of other things 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Lexxie keeps saying she wants the girl to be Stacy and the boy to be Connor.  She was saying that over and over and John told her she'd be disappointed. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

My name guess is ————- something from the list she’s already made from previous pregnancies since that’s how the last two were named.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Stacy is a unique name among them. I strangely hope they go along with it.

Knowing Alyssa, she would probably spell it Staci, but I like it.

My money is still on Sadie. Middle name Lynn or Rose. ETA: I forgot Kaci's middle name is Lynn, not sure how the Bates children feel about their kids sharing middle names.

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Knowing Alyssa, she would probably spell it Staci, but I like it.

My money is still on Sadie. Middle name Lynn or Rose.

I think I guessed Sadie before. I think there’s a good chance of Sadie. It fits her style. Sadie Kay maybe?

• Upvote 6

I’m already betting that John and Alyssa will have at least one other child. If this pregnancy had been a boy, I could have seen some chance (40% - 60%) that they’ll actually stop having kids after their fourth. But like this... I do think John wants a boy. 
My guess: #5 comes in winter 2023. 

ETA: My name guess for this baby is Lucy (or Lucie) Jean 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

I think “Jo” would be a cute middle name for her, it’s both Kelly and Meema’s middle name (Meema, Kelly’s mom, is Betty Jo), also a bit of a tribute to Josie who she is close to, but maybe it’s too close to Joy?  I’m thinking Sadie, Sophie, Rylee, Maddie/Mady, Maggie, Emmy

• Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic