IGNORED

Maxwell 38: Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters Have to Replace the Vests for the Wedding

Coconut Flan

"The newest Anna Maxwell would like her aunt name to be Tia Anna rather than Aunt Anna so maybe it will be Tia Anna."

Why the "maybe"? If that's her wish, just honor it. This family is so rigid it kills me.

Also this was a pathetic blog post.. Teri could have written something of substance about Anna, like the fact that she speaks fluent Spanish and was interested in missionary work. Therefore it's sweet that she wants to go by Tia and she could teach the grandchildren some Spanish. 

Nope, it's just about the inconvenience of her name in the Maxwell family. Not sure we'll ever learn anything about her on the blog. 

• Upvote 24

20 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

George is a mechanical engineer and works for a pharmaceutical company in Wilmington, Ohio

A fundie with a real job that involved working with secular people...I do believe I'm getting the vapors.

HOLY CRAP! He works with "real" medicine, for a "real" company? Could it be like Hobby Lobby and owned by one of the people some used to call Gothardites?  Well, no wonder they are vague about new Mrs. Jesse's Anna-name. But are they moving to Kansas or Ohio? Ohio would  be fun--Wilmington is very near where I live. Maybe they'll go get ice cream at Young's Dairy and gawk at the Antioch students

• Upvote 6

So it could take up to a year to decide what to call the new Anna Maxwell?  Good Lord.  

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

"The newest Anna Maxwell would like her aunt name to be Tia Anna rather than Aunt Anna so maybe it will be Tia Anna."

Why the "maybe"? If that's her wish, just honor it. This family is so rigid it kills me.

Also this was a pathetic blog post.. Teri could have written something of substance about Anna, like the fact that she speaks fluent Spanish and was interested in missionary work. Therefore it's sweet that she wants to go by Tia and she could teach the grandchildren some Spanish. 

Nope, it's just about the inconvenience of her name in the Maxwell family. Not sure we'll ever learn anything about her on the blog. 

I took that to mean "she wants the kids to call her Tia Anna rather than Aunt Anna, and maybe we'll just all call her Tia Anna as her differentiation name", not "she wants the kids to call her Tia Anna rather than Aunt Anna so we'll consider honoring her wish." And I'm glad Anna Marie concurred regarding the name and it wasn't just assigned to her without her input. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

This latest post is so Maxwellian that I can’t stop snickering. This wouldn’t be a problem fundies didn’t name all their kids the same damn thing. Im honestly thinking Spurgeon might be better than 15 Johns in a fundie family. At least you won’t get mixed up with anyone else.

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

So it could take up to a year to decide what to call the new Anna Maxwell?  Good Lord.  

It will require:

Prayer

A "fun" round of suggestions from all the different "crews"

Prayer

Steve pontificating

Prayer

Then a teaser post.....and finally...  the he'll be called "Anna [whatever]" post. Do we know her middle name? If it's Marie, then she could be "Anna J"

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 9

It will take a year to name her because they have to amend the schedule for a discussion on it and it takes So. Much. Effort. to get all of the crews coordinated so they can get together at the same time.  It will be as much work as coordinating the zoo trips.  And after a few rounds of that, they can start in with the steps outlined by @IReallyAmHopewell above.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

The new bride ?seems so polygamist to me...like this is the last for now. If I didn't know them I would have thought that this could have been a polygamous family. Can you imagine Steve's reaction? 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

It will require:

Prayer

A "fun" round of suggestions from all the different "crews"

Prayer

Steve pontificating

Prayer

Then a teaser post.....and finally...  the he'll be called "Anna [whatever]" post. Do we know her middle name? If it's Marie, then she could be "Anna J"

And periodic fasting. Don’t forget the power of fasting!

I know some on these boards aren’t fond of nicknames, but I come from a family where most of us had at least one, and they are an easy fix to this perplexing problem. Of course, the two I have (Missy and Sis) were organic in origin, and didn’t require a family conclave to get to the white smoke.  

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8

10 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

And periodic fasting. Don’t forget the power of fasting!

I know some on these boards aren’t fond of nicknames, but I come from a family where most of us had at least one, and they are an easy fix to this perplexing problem. Of course, the two I have (Missy and Sis) were organic in origin, and didn’t require a family conclave to get to the white smoke.  

Lots of nicknames in my family too. The Maxwells do use nicknames for the children (Tina, Betsy, Drew) but seem to have a harder time nicknaming adults.

• Upvote 8

55 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

I know some on these boards aren’t fond of nicknames

It’s really the type of nickname and how it came to be.  Over on the JRod threads, her oldest son is called Timbits (after the Tim Horton donut holes), and it’s *somewhat* affectionate because all of the Rod kids are stunted beyond belief by their parents, they don’t know what they don’t know, and what they do know is how to be a freeloading jerk a la their parents.  So most of us waver on how to regard the oldest kids as they enter adulthood, and we understand that most of their problems generally aren’t their fault.  Therefore, the issue with nicknames is mostly when they are derogatory, mean-spirited, or blatant insults.

• Upvote 11

No wonder it's taking them a while to "name" Mrs. Jesse!

Anna Patrice

What would Steve do with a worldly FRENCH-ish name like Patrice!

• Upvote 12

If I was the latest Anna I would politely tell them I prefer to be called Anna & I am sure we can figure out who is talking to whom.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

If I was the latest Anna I would politely tell them I prefer to be called Anna & I am sure we can figure out who is talking to whom.

Exactly. Maybe part of their “problem” is the “newest Anna Maxwell” is wondering why the family can’t just refer to her as...Anna! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

Exactly. Maybe part of their “problem” is the “newest Anna Maxwell” is wondering why the family can’t just refer to her as...Anna! 

I think they probably do just use "Anna" in daily life and the name differentiation is more about how they will refer to her on the blog. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking. 

• Upvote 2

Teri in a comment said that Christopher calls his wife Anna-Marie even when they are alone. I would be mad if my husband called me by my first & middle name if I was not called by both of them growing up. 

I have 2 middle names. I don’t use either one of them. Both names are on my birth certificate though. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

41 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Teri in a comment said that Christopher calls his wife Anna-Marie even when they are alone. I would be mad if my husband called me by my first & middle name if I never was referred to both of them growing up. 

Me, too. That pisses me off - they truly changed her name. 

Fucking Maxwells. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

My husband barely ever says my name. And I think it’s kind of weird. I’ve told him so, lol. My grandparents only called each other babe. But in a cute way. Not in the Jinger and Jeremy way. 

• Upvote 11

Why don’t any of the Annas go by, ya know - Ann or Anne or Annie? Maybe even Annika? 

The name Anna has like, a million diminutives. Pick one Maxwells! Just pick one! 

Here, I’ll even help you:

https://www.behindthename.com/name/anna

Lists all the diminutives. You’re welcome.

• Upvote 7

I mentioned this before. My dad’s sister’s name was Ann,*my dad’s oldest brother’s wife was Ann and my mom’s name is Ann. My dad’s sister was single for many years, so there were 3 Ann Same Last Name All living in the same town. We called each Ann by her first and middle name....they all received the same treatment. Sadly my mom is the only one still alive. * Ann was not their name.

• Upvote 6

@Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing,  it's odd that the list of diminutives for Ann(e) doesn't list Nancy although it does list Nensi as a Croatian form and Nainsi as the Irish form.   Nancy is often used on its own, but not always.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Sarah is 38.

So she is old enough to be the new Anna Maxwell's mother. I wondered about that in the picture of the two of them together. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1

I realize (from what I've read about Maxwell's  from their blog) that calling Anna the third,  Annabananafofanna Anna would never be acceptable, but that Name Game song has been stuck in my head today.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

@FloraKitty35, the Maxwells are almost certainly unfamiliar with The Name Game because of what you say when someone's name is Chuck.  It's a shame, too.  Singing the Name Game is a part of childhood, but then Stevehovah doesn't approve of Row, Row, Row Your Boat either.  

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic