IGNORED

Maxwell 38: Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters Have to Replace the Vests for the Wedding

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, desaraeh said:

3rd picture from the bottom of that post.  She's sitting under a canopy and in the bottom right of the picture.  You have to click on the pic to really see it.

Thanks, now I see it. Looks like she sprained/strained her ankle. 

I kinda get the impression that Jesse is moving away.  Have we ever seen the other married sons pack up their things? I'm probably wrong because the cult of Steve is strong, but the post feels different. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, bluelady said:

I kinda get the impression that Jesse is moving away.  Have we ever seen the other married sons pack up their things? I'm probably wrong because the cult of Steve is strong, but the post feels different. 

I agree. Sarah also mentioned something about privacy which makes me wonder if The Jesse Maxwell Family will disappear from future posts.

• Upvote 8

52 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I agree. Sarah also mentioned something about privacy which makes me wonder if The Jesse Maxwell Family will disappear from future posts.

One of the comments on one of Rachael Craig's posts said "yay, another friend in Kansas" - so I got the impression they are staying close to the mother ship like all the rest of the "independent" Maxwell sons. 

*note, can't check on that because she has gone private. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

@Austrian Atheist, among most older Americans and religious conservatives here, “single” means “not married.” It causes confusion with some younger folks, to whom “single” means “not in a romantic relationship.”

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I got the impression Jesse might be relocating to Ohio.... I mean if he was staying local he would not have needed to rent a trailer and pack it just days before the wedding... He would have a place, and have it nearly set up and have been able to take his stuff over for weeks in simple carloads... 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 13

Count me in as thinking Jesse is moving to the Buckeye State.  I also got the vibe Steve and Teri didn't go to the wedding.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1

On 5/29/2020 at 7:21 PM, JanasTattooParlor said:

So I was looking at the comments on the series of photos that Anna’s sister Rachel posted and it appears that they videoed the wedding and will be posting a link on YouTube at some point. I wonder how Steve feels about Anna’s family posting all these pictures and potentially releasing a video of the wedding all before they’ve gotten to pull together a blog post about it on Tits2. This would be two weddings in a row that he tried to keep secret where the bride’s family released info about it before he got to. 

Rachel’s Instagram is marked as private when I look at it. Does she have a different one that’s public, or has she changed it?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rosie said:

Rachel’s Instagram is marked as private when I look at it. Does she have a different one that’s public, or has she changed it?

She just recently changed it to private. Like, just this weekend. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, bluelady said:

Well, he sold his house! Surely, they'd have lived in it if they were going to be close to his family. At least lived in it until another bi-level down the street came up for sale. Good for Jesse if it's true

. If S/T didn't go to the wedding--couldn't  that have had something to do with not taking all of Christopher's kids anywhere knowing that Anna was coming home? They could watch it on Zoom after all. Not quite the same but given the Mom is in cancer treatment and doesn't need her kids sick when she comes home, maybe that's all it is?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Count me in as thinking Jesse is moving to the Buckeye State.  I also got the vibe Steve and Teri didn't go to the wedding.

So looking at the picture where it says, "At our VRBO." There is definitely someone else there as someone took the picture; however, it makes me wonder if Steve and Teri could have both been there because there is only 1 more chair. Now I know VRBOs aren't perfect so you might not have enough chairs for everyone. However, you would think there would be another folding chair or something pulled up to the table to accommodate everyone.  

• Upvote 6

52 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

I got the impression Jesse might be relocating to Ohio.... I mean if he was staying local he would not have needed to rent a trailer and pack it just days before the wedding... He would have a place, and have it nearly set up and have been able to take his stuff over for weeks in simple carloads... 

As many Maxwells as there are, and as close as they like to live, they could probably have just lined everybody up along the sidewalk and handed stuff from person to person to move it there. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, NoseyNellie said:

Exactly. Jesse and Anna* could also be moving somewhere else together but unless he got a job there that wouldn't really make sense. So Ohio it is? Good for them for not joining the borg.

The "Steve Maxwell Family" residence is looking pretty empty now with just Steve and Teri and their three girls. I don't think they will ever tell us but I do wonder whether Sarah will move into the bedroom Jesse vacated. In the pictures of his move it looked like he had more stuff than I would have expected. More room for everyone else's things now.

*So far she has just been called Anna or "Jesse's bride" on the Maxblog. Is there no need for a nickname because she won't be featured much (because they are living away from the compound) or even at all (because they are valuing their privacy)?

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Paperplate said:

*So far she has just been called Anna or "Jesse's bride" on the Maxblog. Is there no need for a nickname because she won't be featured much (because they are living away from the compound) or even at all (because they are valuing their privacy)?

Maybe the Maxwells have realized they shouldn't go around changing the names of other people, and that their readers are intelligent enough to gather from context who they mean (and clarifying for those times the inference wouldn't be clear.)

Or  maybe Sarah is just mad Jesse is being stolen away, against his will, from his family and all that is sacred and she's too much of a lady to use whatever horrible nickname that had come to mind?

I'm guessing door #2.

• Upvote 9

I wonder if Anna chose to have her cancer journey on a public blog for all to see, or maybe privacy is only relevant when it comes to courtships.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, freejugar said:

I wonder if Anna chose to have her cancer journey on a public blog for all to see, or maybe privacy is only relevant when it comes to courtships.

I think that what shows up on the Maxblog does depend somewhat on the desires of the “relatives.” We see a lot about the Melanie/Nathans, far more about the Chris/NR-Annas, and darn little about the Joseph/Elissas and the John/Chelsys. I think J&E want their privacy, but that Stevehovah has a bug up his @$$ about Chelsy and get family having gone public about her relationship with John, so J&C are on his $#!+list.

I’m hoping that at least some of the sons are standing up to Stevehovah. 

• Upvote 12

10 minutes ago, freejugar said:

She sends them posts about it. She also regularly wrote blog posts before - remember how she explained how to tell toddlers about abortion? 

I don't think she or Chris have a problem with them "sharing". The posts about her & the cancer are written by her. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I do think the Maxwells are very  careful about what they put on the blog. Almost obsessively careful. I think they look at a post and really question how it will make them look and how it will "inspire" their readers. While their blog is dull and often has ridiculous posts- i think these posts are scrutinized by them and overly thought out- which is no surprise as this is how the rest of their lives are too. 

They make it a point to not identify names of family members in certain situations. Which does result in weird posts like "one family member did this.." I have a feeling that they are more than ok with certain people (outside the headship house of course) not wanting their lives broadcasted on the blog and certain members being fine with it. 

• Upvote 12

43 minutes ago, freejugar said:

I would assume so since she is writing those posts herself for public consumption.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

If S/T didn't go to the wedding--couldn't  that have had something to do with not taking all of Christopher's kids anywhere knowing that Anna was coming home?

Teri and Steve are unable to babysit grandkids. Teri reads to them 1 hour weekly and gets exhausted. Steve has been ill. No doubt they are helping Christopher now, and doing their best, but no way they were alone with the kids for a whole day. Anna and Mary are the full time nannies.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

On 5/29/2020 at 1:00 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I still want to know how all of their boys managed that considering they all bought so young in an area where houses aren't all that cheap.  I know they bought fixer uppers, but still being able to save $100k + in their early twenties is a mystery to me.  

They live expense-free at Mom and Dad's house, have no bills and no hobbies. Steve probably even pays for the family cell phone plan and Scamaritan. Given their careers in IT, I wouldn't be surprised if they're able to save 25-35K per year after taxes. It quickly adds up. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

They haven't answered the most important question of the entire wedding!!

What will Mrs. Jesse's blog name be? There's Anna [born Anna Maxwell] and Anna Marie. What will this Anna be called??

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ElizaB said:

I do think the Maxwells are very  careful about what they put on the blog. Almost obsessively careful. I think they look at a post and really question how it will make them look and how it will "inspire" their readers. 

Now, if they'd be just as careful with the actual writing itself, their blog might be slightly less duller than dishwater.  That was some major word salad, and despite the large number of pictures, there was nothing to feel at all.

Not inspired, Steve!  Try harder!

The one emotion I had was laughter- from reading all of the comments asking about Jesse's  new location!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, bluelady said:

I am getting that impression as well. The way Sarah wrote the post and judging by the photos it looks like, to me, that he'll be a plane ride away rather than a walk like the rest of the family.

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Steve does have a health condition and may have been heavily advised against going to the wedding from his doctor. Knowing Teri she wouldn't have gone unless Steve went. I really didn't think of that until now. If they had to miss the wedding due to Steve's health issues, then I believe they did so reluctantly. Even if Jesse is moving out of state.

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, anjulibai said:

That post is very stilted and oddly unemotional. Sarah isn't happy about this.

If Jesse is escaping Maxhell, then I don't blame her. There have been photos of Sarah looking much happier away from Maxhell with friends on Shiloh Photography (the blogger/photographer is one of the young woman who runs the Garlands for Grace company that got kicked off etsy for being homophobic). When I see her in the photos with her friends she looks so much happier than in photos on their blog. If you want to find photos, you have to scroll down a bit. Here is the link to the website: https://shilohphotography.com/

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic