IGNORED

Maxwell 38: Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters Have to Replace the Vests for the Wedding

Coconut Flan

I’m going to WK on the wedding. I like the bridesmaids’ dresses. The colors of the dresses and flowers, not so much for a springtime wedding. Don’t like the bride’s dress, maybe it’s the whole necklaceVS neckline thing, just too much. The chapel is beautiful on the outside. Even during non pandemic times, these folks’ receptions are lackluster, so not much to miss. Also, the girls were likely leaving  and heading back to KS 10 seconds after the married, dynamic duo left the parking lot, so I can’t snark on that too much. One good thing about kids being trained into submission, you can likely take them anywhere and never hear a peep, LOL! 

• Upvote 6

51 minutes ago, EmmaWoodhouse said:

Re multiple Annas: My dad's family loves to reuse names. At family reunions, a third of the crowd shares a name with at least one other person (and in some cases, four or five). You don't have to over-complicate the differentiation. Sometimes context helps, the speaker clarifies (my son, your wife, etc), or they go by a nickname.  It doesn't have to be hard. But then again, we're not Maxwells.

My husband had a good friend and neighbor growing up named Mario and his sister was Angela.  Once my husband went to Mario's house for dinner when the relatives were there.  Most of the boys were named Mario and most of the girls were named Angela.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

Can’t tell from the pics if John and Joseph and families attended/are in the bridal party. 

1 minute ago, Odd1Out said:

Can’t tell from the pics if John and Joseph and families attended/are in the bridal party. 

Actually see now that John was a groomsman but no evidence of Joe/ELissa or Chelsy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

38 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

Actually see now that John was a groomsman but no evidence of Joe/ELissa or Chelsy. 

I see Chelsy and her sisters (with their backs to us) sitting inside the Church. I recognized their outfits based on a pic that Allison posted on 5/28 on Instagram. No sign of the Joseph Maxwell family though. 

B99247E2-26EA-4E4B-9C9E-0DCA8E512E7A.png

65A5FB68-D710-4EDC-B945-74EB73F1D5BA.png

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Chelsy was definitely there. But we’ve yet to see any evidence that Joe’s family went. And it would explain the one less groomsman than bridesmaid.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Paperplate said:

Sarah just put up a bunch of phone pics from the wedding. The nice camera pictures are probably not edited yet but being the great communicator that we know and love, Sarah did not manage to explain that. But I'm glad to know that the photos were taken on an iPhone and not just any smartphone! ?

Honestly I think the wedding looks sad. Small church/chapel but still lots of empty seats, minimal decorations, no reception, "small send-off" in the empty parking lot, and in the goodbye pics original Anna and Mary have changed back into their (probably properly modest double-shirted) regular outfits and are just standing there, looking lost.

I would be disappointed if that had been my wedding. I hope they at least got nice photos in the park afterwards.

Maybe they will have a reception later? Even if they do it won't be the same.

But I guess godly sex couldn't wait a few more months and the HAD to get married now. I mean, Anna isn't a teenager anymore! No time to waste!

In one of the pics we can see that Anna is wearing flats. So she really is as tall as Jesse. I hope she'll wear heels a lot! ?

Can't fault them for that. Seems to me they were complying with gathering sizes & restrictions. I don't know about Ohio, but here, we're still limited to groups no greater than 50 people. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Did Mrs. Jesse go to college? That looks like a college building. Or was it at a megachurch?

Yes, or some form of post-secondary education. I’m too lazy to look it up again right now, but a while back I was researching her online and found that she was trained in the medical field, maybe as a phlebotomist or a nurses aid or some kind of tech. I can’t remember. Again, maybe someone with a little more time and motivation can find the details- it’s almost noon here and I’m still in my PJs and the dog needs a walk soon, so I’ve got to shower and get dressed.

Edited by crunchycarrots
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

My husband had a good friend and neighbor growing up named Mario and his sister was Angela.  Once my husband went to Mario's house for dinner when the relatives were there.  Most of the boys were named Mario and most of the girls were named Angela.

Sounds like Joey Tribiani's family on Friends!

Maybe Jesse has a job waiting for him somewhere and that's why they went ahead with the wedding?

And, yeah, I can't snark on the sad little wedding during these times.  The pandemic, of course, and his SIL being so sick and all.  If it was me I'd probably postpone the wedding, but maybe Jesse's starting a new job somewhere and it couldn't wait.

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Can't fault them for that. Seems to me they were complying with gathering sizes & restrictions. I don't know about Ohio, but here, we're still limited to groups no greater than 50 people. 

At the time of the wedding, there was a recommended limit. But that actually is done now and people can have weddings with up to 300 people now. Which is crazy for me to think about. Unless it’s completely outdoors and very spread out. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Out of curiosity I searched Linkedin for Jesse. Wow. Good thing communication isn't necessary for his job! His "About" is awful. Nathan though posts the real gem. The tag line for his company is "Where security is not just a bolt on afterthought."

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 8

At the time of the wedding, there was a recommended limit. But that actually is done now and people can have weddings with up to 300 people now. Which is crazy for me to think about. Unless it’s completely outdoors and very spread out. 
300 seems like way too many. And with the additional restrictions (tables 6 ft apart, no buffets unless its served by staff, no dancing, no getting up and congregating, basically you have to stay in your seat almost the whole time), it seems like a very boring wedding. I dont dance and danced a whole 5 songs at my own wedding (a dance with my dad, my husband, our officiant who was a close family friend- we played a Barry Manilow song as an inside joke and dance with him and his wife- my FIL, and my sister dragged me on the floor for "Get Low") but tons of people did, including my social butterfly husband who spent the whole evening on the dance floor. No dancing and ALSO no congregating around talking? What if you get stuck at a dud table? No thanks. I'd have postponed a celebration for safety alone, but even if not I'd be postponing because of the restrictions. I mean even at fundie weddings they mill around and fellowship. I dont blame them for not bothering with any of the reception and taking off.

Also, I saw on one of Laura Craig's Instagram friend's story the day after the wedding that it was live streamed. I just realized that hasn't been mentioned yet. Maybe they'll upload it to YouTube one day and we can find out for sure how much scrotum and death talk there was.
  • Upvote 10

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Did Mrs. Jesse go to college? That looks like a college building. Or was it at a megachurch?

It was a mega-ish church in a college town. Trying to figure out which church it was in got me curious about the history so I did some digging. The building was originally a Presbyterian church (not sure why there was a Presbyterian church right there, when there was another one next door where the outdoor pictures were taken on the steps) but was purchased by the Baptists after a new church was formed (shortly after Cedarville stopped being Presbyterian and started being Baptist.) The chapel that the wedding took place in is now an auxiliary hall, but it was the original sanctuary in the Presbyterian/early Baptist days. The church built a new sanctuary in the 80s that's huge, and a Christian Education building that more than doubled the building's footprint, but I was gone too soon to remember that or spend any time there. It's apparently commonly used for smaller-ish weddings, according to pictures on the church's FB page.

I don't know anything about new-Anna's educational history so I can't comment on that.

Also, someone was wondering upthread if the Craigs do real church or if they do nursing home church. As I was scouting photos of this Baptist church, I was keeping an eye out for any of the Craigs and I didn't see any. So I don't know if they have any real connection to the church or if it was just a church with a rentable facility for what would undoubtedly have been a large-ish wedding had not Covid taken over.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, Bethy said:

I The building was originally a Presbyterian church (not sure why there was a Presbyterian church right there, when there was another one next door where the outdoor pictures were taken on the steps) but was purchased by the Baptists after a new church was formed (shortly after Cedarville stopped being Presbyterian and started being Baptist.) ....

I don't know anything about new-Anna's educational history so I can't comment on that.

I recalled Cedarville being mentioned so I wondered if she had gone there and if the wedding was on campus. It's near so many other colleges: Wittenburg, Antioch, Central State and Wilberforce are all in that area as well as being not too far from Dayton. I wondered if all of THAT would make it too worldly? I was there for a conference several years ago and you had to go to a vending machine in the basement to get pop or walk across the street to buy from a mini-mart!

• Upvote 4

The Craig girls have all done the Bible bee therefore they are at least interested in studying the Bible. They never placed in the top 3 though. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Nathan though posts the real gem. The tag line for his company is "Where security is not just a bolt on afterthought."

"Bolt On", Nathan bolt ons are something that your Daddy has issues with especially if someone is wearing buttons that contrast over top of said bolt ons.

Edited by FloraKitty35
removed content from post
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

The groomsdudes seem to have fully activated Wide Stance for the ceremony as well as for the after-pictures.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AverageGiraffe said:

Also, I saw on one of Laura Craig's Instagram friend's story the day after the wedding that it was live streamed. I just realized that hasn't been mentioned yet. Maybe they'll upload it to YouTube one day and we can find out for sure how much scrotum and death talk there was.

Maybe on HER family's blog! If Jesse is moving away, marrying an educated woman and.... Well, let's just say I wouldn't hold my breath on Steve allowing that to be posted!

• Upvote 7

Steve looks rather gaunt in that photo of Jesse ironing.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I see Chelsy and her sisters (with their backs to us) sitting inside the Church. I recognized their outfits based on a pic that Allison posted on 5/28 on Instagram. No sign of the Joseph Maxwell family though. 

65A5FB68-D710-4EDC-B945-74EB73F1D5BA.png

Is that Christopher up there, with a construction mask on? I can't find him elsewhere in the full shot on the Titus2 blog, and this looks like a really thin, masked bald man dressed in black holding a camera with an offboard flash. If so, good on him for taking SOME precautions to protect his sick wife. He's definitely pictured in the park photo shoot with Sarah, and he's not masked there, so maybe he just felt it was necessary inside. Either way, he's bucking trends because I don't see a single other mask in that chapel.

18 minutes ago, terranova said:

He hasn't looked well for awhile. When he's lost weight, whether through fasting or just limiting animal crackers, in the past, he's usually looked kind of peaked. But his color doesn't look great now either. I wonder if his diet is TOO restrictive.

• Upvote 9

26 minutes ago, terranova said:

He seems to be taking his new vegan diet very seriously. I have a feeling even though Steve knows where he will go when he dies, he’s going to do everything in his power to avoid that anytime soon. And I think that’s also why they left the night of the wedding. I think Steve takes coronavirus much more seriously than the Bontragers and Bowers.

• Upvote 17

37 minutes ago, Bethy said:

When he's lost weight, whether through fasting or just limiting animal crackers, in the past, he's usually looked kind of peaked. But his color doesn't look great now either. I wonder if his diet is TOO restrictive

I have quite a few friends who are vegan and you know what? They all drink like fish. It's the wine that helps them forget lovely lovely cheese. That's Steve's problem right there. If he's going to be vegan, he's going to need a drink. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8
  • Love 4

I feel like Sarah is really trying with her captions.  I don't know what she's trying, but she's definitely failing at it.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I wasn't faulting them for complying with restrictions. It would have been totally stupid to have a big wedding during the current situation. It's just that you can have a small (and save) wedding that is nice and intimate, even without a reception, instead of what they were doing.

If it was me I would have definitely just postponed though! Getting married is so important in their culture. So many fun things are off the table for them anyway but within what is allowed they obviously did not go all out.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, browngrl said:

I have quite a few friends who are vegan and you know what? They all drink like fish. It's the wine that helps them forget lovely lovely cheese. That's Steve's problem right there. If he's going to be vegan, he's going to need a drink. 

Tried a vegan diet for 1 week just to prove I could do it. Cheated one night by eating 3 cookies. I decided vegan breakfast and lunch is not so bad. It's with dinner that I really struggled. Didn't know Steve was trying a vegan diet. Thought he was fasting again.

• Upvote 5

Even though I don't agree with any of her views on abortion and spouting lies and mistruths to young children.  I liked reading Anna Marie's blog entries, because she is a better writer than Sarah.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic