Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Maxwell 38: Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters Have to Replace the Vests for the Wedding

Recommended Posts

Paperplate
14 hours ago, ElizaB said:

So looking at the picture where it says, "At our VRBO." There is definitely someone else there as someone took the picture; however, it makes me wonder if Steve and Teri could have both been there because there is only 1 more chair. Now I know VRBOs aren't perfect so you might not have enough chairs for everyone. However, you would think there would be another folding chair or something pulled up to the table to accommodate everyone.  

On the table in front of the empty chair you can see Teri's thermos cup. I'm assuming it's exclusively used by Teri as that is what you see in blog pics. So if her cup was there I think Teri was there, too.

I can't really see her or Steve skipping a son's wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
louannems
20 hours ago, Paperplate said:

Exactly. Jesse and Anna* could also be moving somewhere else together but unless he got a job there that wouldn't really make sense. So Ohio it is? Good for them for not joining the borg.

The "Steve Maxwell Family" residence is looking pretty empty now with just Steve and Teri and their three girls. I don't think they will ever tell us but I do wonder whether Sarah will move into the bedroom Jesse vacated. In the pictures of his move it looked like he had more stuff than I would have expected. More room for everyone else's things now.

*So far she has just been called Anna or "Jesse's bride" on the Maxblog. Is there no need for a nickname because she won't be featured much (because they are living away from the compound) or even at all (because they are valuing their privacy)?

That does seem like a lot of boxes.  Many are Amazon boxes, which of course could be reused, but some seem like new unopened purchases. Isn't it customary for wedding gifts to be sent to the bride?  Maybe Maxwell's sweet friends sent them to the Maxwell's house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coconut Flan

If they're going to live in Kansas, it would be smarter to have the gifts sent to the Maxwell house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethy

I also think he's moving away. I don't remember laying-on-of-hands-prayer services when any of the other Maxboys got married. I've been following long enough that Nate's wedding is the only one I didn't experience in real time. If he's moving to be nearer to Anna's family rather than his own, I wonder if that's a fairly recent development and announcement on Jesse's part. Remember how John got soooooo painfully thin in the months leading up to his wedding, and we speculated that maybe Steve was requiring a whole lot of fasting/prayer with the emphasis on fasting, to be "certain" that marrying Chelsy was really what God wanted for him? I would think if a Maxboy was going to leave the compound, Steve would require the same sort of "certainty." Especially considering that this isn't a matter of him not being able to find a house in the neighborhood. He had one for years...and he sold it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PennySycamore

@NancyDrewFan1989,  I didn't scroll far enough down to see Sarah, but there was a young woman/girl who was reading Autumn Days With the Moodys.  She looked way too old to be reading that book, unless she's like me and sometimes dips her toe into old favorites.  

What kind of fiction would a young fundie woman read?  Would Janette Oke be off-limits?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeartsAFundie
19 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@NancyDrewFan1989,  I didn't scroll far enough down to see Sarah, but there was a young woman/girl who was reading Autumn Days With the Moodys.  She looked way too old to be reading that book, unless she's like me and sometimes dips her toe into old favorites.  

 

I'm in my mid-50s and re-read my childhood copy of "Harriet The Spy" every once in a blue moon.  So I'm with you there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@NancyDrewFan1989,  I didn't scroll far enough down to see Sarah, but there was a young woman/girl who was reading Autumn Days With the Moodys.  She looked way too old to be reading that book, unless she's like me and sometimes dips her toe into old favorites.  

What kind of fiction would a young fundie woman read?  Would Janette Oke be off-limits?  

I only saw two pictures with Sarah, both with her nieces, not with any friends. Maybe on another page? I did a "find" for her name and got nothing but those two. 

I also recently - around Christmas - re-read all the Judy Blume books from my childhood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IReallyAmHopewell

I wonder if gifts were sent to both families because they didn't know where they'd be living--it wasn't announced? Is there a chance he could be going to work for her father? Surely that would be acceptable--"apprenticing" sort of under a "Godly" man? I don't know anything about her family so I'm not sure.

So would he be living in Kansas or Ohio? I'm confused by some of the posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
35 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I wonder if gifts were sent to both families because they didn't know where they'd be living--it wasn't announced? Is there a chance he could be going to work for her father? Surely that would be acceptable--"apprenticing" sort of under a "Godly" man? I don't know anything about her family so I'm not sure.

So would he be living in Kansas or Ohio? I'm confused by some of the posts.

From their website:  https://www.heritagehillmusic.com/family.html

Quote

George is a mechanical engineer and works for a pharmaceutical company in Wilmington, Ohio

A fundie with a real job that involved working with secular people...I do believe I'm getting the vapors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
refugee
2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I only saw two pictures with Sarah, both with her nieces, not with any friends. Maybe on another page? I did a "find" for her name and got nothing but those two. 

I also recently - around Christmas - re-read all the Judy Blume books from my childhood. 

Some of my favorite comfort reading is the Ranger’s Apprentice series, not from my own childhood, but my children’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethy
3 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@NancyDrewFan1989,  I didn't scroll far enough down to see Sarah, but there was a young woman/girl who was reading Autumn Days With the Moodys.  She looked way too old to be reading that book, unless she's like me and sometimes dips her toe into old favorites.  

What kind of fiction would a young fundie woman read?  Would Janette Oke be off-limits?  

If you're Maxwell-level fundie, of course Janette Oke is off-limits. There's romance in there, doncha know! (Actually I read a lot of Janette Oke when I was about eleven, and lost my appetite for it after one book had a young woman apprenticing with a doctor and having to help with amputations on children who'd been in farming accidents. But I think for the Maxwells and their groupies, the fact that a woman was learning to practice medicine might be more offensive than the gruesome accidents.)

For real, though, I'm pretty sure once the Maxes outgrow the Moody books, it's just Bible, Bible, and more Bible. Maybe some Christian biographies. Steve Maxwell's children "don't read, they write." Anyone who wants to be like the Maxwells will do likewise.

For the record, I have no objection to rereading the books of my youth. I just suspect in these circles, it's planned infantilization and/or "nothing else meets our standards."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
Posted (edited)

I've never read a Moody book but I imagine them to be like Joy Sparton and Her Problem Twin and others in that series...but with less wholesome naughtiness.

I mean those kids were sometimes smart alecks, and even lied to their parents.  Does this mean the most innocent books from my youth would have been verboten in Maxhell?

 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
riffle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SPHASH

I still read the Little House on the Prairie books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
church_of_dog

I do believe that in the photos of the latest blog post, I have found something I have in common with the Maxwells!   I guess at least one member of their household is permitted to have f*n... 😀

Spoiler

D784F74D-7C13-424F-9B5E-7F721D1BC2F3.jpeg.0887161bd8529aee3aff1789e068fa48.jpeg

 

  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PennySycamore

@church_of_dog,  I'm glad Arnold has a toy to play with, but the scratch pad in the center might have been more of an attraction for the Maxxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
church_of_dog
Just now, PennySycamore said:

@church_of_dog,  I'm glad Arnold has a toy to play with, but the scratch pad in the center might have been more of an attraction for the Maxxes.

You mean because it's beige? 🤣

Actually mine isn't exactly the same -- mine doesn't have the scratch pad part but instead that center area is a vented compartment where you can put some catnip, and then the movement of the ball is supposed to waft the catnip scent into the air.  Maxxes would never stand for that, I'm sure!  Hooligan doper felines! :pearlclutch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toothfairy

So all the boys are married and none of the girls. Sarah is what 35? Poor Sarah. Anna Marie has a tumor? I hope she's ok and pulls through. I haven't kept up because they're so boring. I wonder what they do all day but read the bible. Steve will never marry off his girls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paperplate
18 hours ago, louannems said:

That does seem like a lot of boxes.  Many are Amazon boxes, which of course could be reused, but some seem like new unopened purchases. Isn't it customary for wedding gifts to be sent to the bride?  Maybe Maxwell's sweet friends sent them to the Maxwell's house.

Or maybe he himself bought stuff for his new life? Or it's stuff for the wedding?

I would have made more sense to have it all shipped to where they would need it (probably Ohio) but the Maxwells needed several years to come up with the revolutionary shopping system "make a list" so they don't strike me as the most practical and forward-thinking of people. I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't think of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paperplate

I hope my two posts won't merge.

Teri blogged about the three Annas. (She used the possessive apostrophe as a plural. What a great teacher! 🙄)

Apparently they have not decided on a name and haven't even discussed it yet but here she is posting about it.

It was nice to read that "the newest Anna Maxwell" has voiced a preference for Tia Anna over Auntie/Aunt Anna. Good on her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Exchange Atheist
Posted (edited)
Quote

Ask in a year, and we will have it all worked out! 

Wait, is that a humorous self-depreciating remark? Is that allowed?

Regarding names for Anna3: Given that Sarah already used “Jesse‘s Anna”, maybe they should just go with Ofjesse. But surely the original Anna Maxwell will get married soon, that will certainly solve the Problem of the Three Anna Maxwells.

Edited by Exchange Atheist
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dru

Ok, so I've been out of the loop, lol being sedated. Jessie's wife, especially in the "announcement" pic, reminds me of an actress but I can't place who. I actually really like that photo. I also agree that it's nice that she wore her glasses. Both trendy and on brand, but still.

Backtracking, kind of weird but I love the energy Nate's family but into Gigi's birthday. I've said it before and I'll say it again, she's a legitimate ray of sunshine in that family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977
6 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

So all the boys are married and none of the girls. Sarah is what 35? Poor Sarah. Anna Marie has a tumor? I hope she's ok and pulls through. I haven't kept up because they're so boring. I wonder what they do all day but read the bible. Steve will never marry off his girls. 

Sarah is 38.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
3 hours ago, Dru said:

Ok, so I've been out of the loop, lol being sedated. Jessie's wife, especially in the "announcement" pic, reminds me of an actress but I can't place who. I actually really like that photo. I also agree that it's nice that she wore her glasses. Both trendy and on brand, but still.

Backtracking, kind of weird but I love the energy Nate's family but into Gigi's birthday. I've said it before and I'll say it again, she's a legitimate ray of sunshine in that family.

Idina Menzel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smittykins
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I'm in my mid-50s and re-read my childhood copy of "Harriet The Spy" every once in a blue moon.  So I'm with you there. 

I’m 53 and still read the Little House series.

ETA:  Shadow has that same toy, although hers is blue.  And in true cat fashion, she was more interested in the box at first:

 

F96230DD-9EBF-4BD4-A31B-90C4C4F3DCEE.jpeg

Edited by smittykins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tangy Bee

Wow, thought I was weird to still read my V.C. Andrew's and Goosebumps. Feel better about that now. Anxiously waiting to hear about where the newlyweds are living.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.