IGNORED

Priscilla and David 10: Pecan Number Five (Peter) Has Arrived

GreyhoundFan

In college, I would feel the Mormon door knockers cookies from my grandma and nod politely as they told me about their faith.  When they started getting pushy I would have “class” or “work,” but I hope at least one of them started questioning their faith. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

David is speaking at the Big Sandy Conference on Friday morning- talk is entitled "Be Thou an Example"

Jim Bob and Michelle; Gil and Kelly Bates, Tim Levendusky, Gabe Cleator and Mark Wilkes are all on the speakers' schedule

20210427_142036.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

How does Priscilla manage to always look so put together???? She has 5 kids to get out the door, yet her hairs is curled, the clothes are not rumpled, she has makeup on, yet she looks fresh and relaxed, not like she got up at the crack of dawn to achieve this look. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Peter’s face is just the best. 

6BB356A1-48FD-49BD-83F0-21BC60D6B3B0.jpeg

I see Pa Keller in that cute little face.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

How does Priscilla manage to always look so put together???? She has 5 kids to get out the door, yet her hairs is curled, the clothes are not rumpled, she has makeup on, yet she looks fresh and relaxed, not like she got up at the crack of dawn to achieve this look. 

Some people just thrive on chaos. Growing up, my mom's best friend had 5 kids and they were always the most immaculate, well put together kids/family. They were always done up to the nines. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hollyandivy said:

How does Priscilla manage to always look so put together?

I assume she's already started delegating tasks to that soon-to-be utterly parentified female child. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I think some people have a hair style and skin that just naturally looks good so doing a little to it makes a person look even more done up. And putting makeup on doesn't have to take long, my entire makeup takes me maybe 5 minutes. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
It wouldn't take my comment, just the quote
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I think a big part of Pris always looking good is that she never looks completely exhausted like many other fundie moms. Plus her smiles often look natural and real. Fake smiles on an exhausted fundie mom never look good. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think a big part of Pris always looking good is that she never looks completely exhausted like many other fundie moms. Plus her smiles often look natural and real. Fake smiles on an exhausted fundie mom never look good. 

She does have sad eyes. That is what i see when ever i see her. She just smiles over her sadness. I wonder sometimes just how lonely and empty she feels sometimes - as her own person, not as the mother/wife/daughter idea that she tries  so hard to be (and with good success). But honestly i doubt this women is 'happy'. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

Michelle Duggar had 14 kids back in the day and she always looked content, relaxed and sweet. The children were perfectly groomed (in their tacky old style). But we all know the house was a nightmare. Not saying Wallers are like Duggars, but these kind of fundies use hard trainings to keep children quiet and doing chores and also train the mothers to appear utterly happy no matter what.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Sabine said:

She does have sad eyes. That is what i see when ever i see her. She just smiles over her sadness. I wonder sometimes just how lonely and empty she feels sometimes - as her own person, not as the mother/wife/daughter idea that she tries  so hard to be (and with good success). But honestly i doubt this women is 'happy'. 

It’s funny how we can see two different things. I do see a happy mother in pics of her. I think Pris is happy to be a SAHM and wife to David. She’s probably one of the few people on earth who could be happy with him. She was trained to be this her entire life and I honestly think she’s never questioned it. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 14

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s funny how we can see two different things. I do see a happy mother in pics of her. I think Pris is happy to be a SAHM and wife to David. She’s probably one of the few people on earth who could be happy with him. She was trained to be this her entire life and I honestly think she’s never questioned it. 

you can pretend and outwardly be perfectly happy, specifically to people who only look at pictures. But then you have some of the close up of her, and the smile is going nowhere. That does not mean she is not a happy mother, or does not love her mother. The world over women and men for that matter are trapped in arranged marriage that they can't escape cause family pressure, community pressure, god pressure etc, and maybe they even stay together for the kids until the kids are old enough, but it does not mean these people don't have a lonliness and emptyness in their heart. And she looks sad to me most of the time. Just this well 'groomed' sad women who never once got to do what ever she wanted to do. A bit like my wife drinks red, husband dead, widow orders beer cause i fucking hate red wine. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

I think you all may be quite right that she is unhappy, but I think it is also possible that she is basically content. Her life might demand of her exactly the skills and talents she possesses, and her personality may allow her to go with the flow of life in a big family. Her relationship with David may be pretty much what she expected from marriage. Her limited life and education and perhaps a lack of curiosity may not even allow her to imagine a life that is very different. 
 I’d be miserable. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I think you all may be quite right that she is unhappy, but I think it is also possible that she is basically content. Her life might demand of her exactly the skills and talents she possesses, and her personality may allow her to go with the flow of life in a big family. Her relationship with David may be pretty much what she expected from marriage. Her limited life and education and perhaps a lack of curiosity may not even allow her to imagine a life that is very different. 
 I’d be miserable. 

I agree that she just doesn’t have the life experience to see she could do better. David is a real catch in her little ATI cult. Especially when you compare him to her sister’s husbands Josh and John. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree that she just doesn’t have the life experience to see she could do better. David is a real catch in her little ATI cult. Especially when you compare him to her sister’s husbands Josh and John. 

She also doesn't have JRod as her mother-in-law, which is probably worth giving thanks for every single day.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 22
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Michelle Duggar had 14 kids back in the day and she always looked content, relaxed and sweet. The children were perfectly groomed (in their tacky old style)

Remember, they were filming when you saw her. It was probably a big event, when the cameras came out. We don't know how she looked the other 99% of the time. "Content, relaxed and sweet" is the persona she put on for the camera, it really is the only acceptable one in her culture.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

The oldest boy's shirt says "ALERT Cadet Challenge.''

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The oldest boy's shirt says "ALERT Cadet Challenge.''

In order to have little automatons you have to start molding them early. Of to Alert you go. 
And of course if you want to form the world in your image - shudder - that is, then you need to train the young ones up early lest they get ideas that life could be different.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

It probably helps that David appears to be a hard worker and seems to provide well for his family (take note, Shrader!). Unlike some other fundie husbands, I think David also helps with the kids and the house so Pris is not all alone in this. Of course, he's still über fundie patriarch, too.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Peter’s face is just the best. 

6BB356A1-48FD-49BD-83F0-21BC60D6B3B0.jpeg

I have to admit,

pricilla bounces back great after a baby and looks lovely for so many kids. I know she is one person quiet into fitness, so that helps her bounce back well. 

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I have to admit,

pricilla bounces back great after a baby and looks lovely for so many kids. I know she is one person quiet into fitness, so that helps her bounce back well. 

Devil's advocate - Is she into fitness because she likes it or because she has been taught that if she lets herself go her husband won't look at her and wander? 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Devil's advocate - Is she into fitness because she likes it or because she has been taught that if she lets herself go her husband won't look at her and wander? 

And if you look at her sister Anna: when she did not immediately "bounce back" her husband DID stray...

(Disclaimer:by no means am I snarking about Annas appearance, or am body shaming a woman that is not skinny)

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

David is into fitness and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if she was pushed into fitness so it’s something they can do together ?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

I think she mentions going running in their “love story” on their blog and it is something that she has been doing well before they were engaged. I think that this is an interest that they actually share. 

Edited by Angelface
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic