IGNORED

Priscilla and David 10: Pecan Number Five (Peter) Has Arrived

GreyhoundFan

They chose Philip, though that does have a p sound in it at the end. But it might be good to have another F sound - Paul, Philip, Peter, Phineas. That way, Philip won't be the only F sound name.

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 8

My predictions:

Boy: Phineas - google tells me this means "oracle"

Girl: Dorothy - google tells me this name means "god's gift" 

If they keep having sons then they are either going to get odder "p" names or they will have to choose another letter 

• Upvote 5

Hey I know a P name: PECAN

For real though: Patrick and Dorothy (though I dont understand their girl names at all, they're both out there)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

8 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I don’t think they would choose Phineas as the P isn’t pronounced.  An F sound would spoil the roll call. 

Quoting myself. Had a bad day, I forgot about Philip!! Phineas would be fine!! 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

Hey I know a P name: PECAN

For real though: Patrick and Dorothy (though I dont understand their girl names at all, they're both out there)

This is why I’m not guessing Dorothy although it has a meaning they would love. They are just so out there with the girl names. So I guessed Dawn. It’s not that out there, but it’s kind of different for fundies. I suppose it kind of goes with the other girls’ names. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is why I’m not guessing Dorothy although it has a meaning they would love. They are just so out there with the girl names. So I guessed Dawn. It’s not that out there, but it’s kind of different for fundies. I suppose it kind of goes with the other girls’ names. 

Dorothy just doesn't fit their naming style. It's too classic, and they seem to prefer more modern girl names.

I looked up Biblical P and D names. They really don't have a lot of P choices left unless they want to go with something like Peleg or Palestine (although Phebe showed up for a girl).  Unless they go with Phineas for a boy, they're going to have to look farther afield. Parker and Perry (a personal favorite) seem like good possibilities.

Assuming they stick with D for girls, Dorcas, Dinah, Damaris and Drusilla showed up on the list. Dinah actually seems to fit their naming tastes.  However, Daisy or Danielle sound more their style. 

They probably have running lists of P and D names at this point.  

• Upvote 1

I really really want this to be a boy. And I think they’re doing P for boys D for girls, not alternating. So I’ll guess Percy. 

BUT there is another P I haven’t seen mentioned: Philemon. I much prefer Phineas which isn’t similar to any other name unlike Philemon. Also Phin is an easy and trendy nickname. 

For D I’ll go with Darcy. 

• Upvote 7

I actually had been wondering if Priscilla was pregnant. In recent IG photos, she is standing behind somebody, seated with a child on or near her or somehow “hiding” herself.  I don’t know…something about the placement seemed deliberate to me. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

33 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I actually had been wondering if Priscilla was pregnant. In recent IG photos, she is standing behind somebody, seated with a child on or near her or somehow “hiding” herself.  I don’t know…something about the placement seemed deliberate to me. 

I don’t know, I honestly don’t think she worries about it. Sad to say but I have followed them the last 3 or 4 pregnancies and she will always post photos of a family birthday where she looks like she might have a tummy and then a week or so later they will announce it officially. This is honestly so sad that I know this. 😂😂😂😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

How about Preston for a boy?  It isn't religious but does start with Pr, like Priscilla, and David already has Davia and Peter David named after him.

Maybe "Proverb"?

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

How about Preston for a boy?  It isn't religious but does start with Pr, like Priscilla, and David already has Davia and Peter David named after him.

Maybe "Proverb"?

Prodigal?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

I don’t know, I honestly don’t think she worries about it. Sad to say but I have followed them the last 3 or 4 pregnancies and she will always post photos of a family birthday where she looks like she might have a tummy and then a week or so later they will announce it officially. This is honestly so sad that I know this. 😂😂😂😂

Well, it is also so sad that I am able to say the following. 😂😜🤦‍♀️

One of the birthday photos came to mind and I decided that they read here, realized others were guessing she was pregnant before they were ready to announce and so decided to “hide” her until they could tell us themselves. 

And, DEAR GOD, I need to get a life. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/18/2021 at 6:08 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

If it's a girl, they could always go with Divine:

Huge Divine fan back in the day.  RIP.  Pink Flamingos and Desperate Living are classics.  

John Waters is still cranking along, as far as I know. 

• Upvote 2

Snarky name prediction:

Patriarchy for a Boy

Doormat for a girl

Actual name prediction:

Pierce for a boy. This is Biblical in that “he was pierced for our transgressions.”

Divina for a girl. A feminine take on divinity and a Di name to follow the Da (Davia) and De (Destiny) names of her big sisters. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 5

Maybe they’ll go all Chip and Joanna Gaines and pick a new letter for this baby? Yeah, I doubt it too.

• Upvote 1

Priscilla looks more at ease the older she gets. That makes me really happy for her— she and David seem to have a friendship and to enjoy their children. That’s not that high of a bar, but a lot of fundies don’t make it over. She’s probably a good pastor’s wife too, the anti-Zsu if you will. Probably not even internally complaining about the parishioners. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

Priscilla looks more at ease the older she gets

I agree. Conversely to many other fundies, she looked more stressed with few children than with a big family. If she is gaining self-esteem, good for her. I dislike David at maximum, but I wonder if he helps with home chores more than other fundies.

• Upvote 11

On 8/21/2021 at 8:43 AM, Bassett Lady said:

Snarky name prediction:

Patriarchy for a Boy

Doormat for a girl

Actual name prediction:

Pierce for a boy. This is Biblical in that “he was pierced for our transgressions.”

Divina for a girl. A feminine take on divinity and a Di name to follow the Da (Davia) and De (Destiny) names of her big sisters. 

How about Pious for a boy and Dream or Demure for a girl ?

Lady baby: Divinity, Dora, Desiree, or another quasi-parent referential name like Drusilla?

Penis Pecan: I'm solidly on Team Phineas for this one, but will throw Perseverance, Prosperity, and Pax into the mix for some Hail Mary virtue name options. 

On 8/21/2021 at 8:43 AM, Bassett Lady said:

Actual name prediction:

I like both of your suggestions, especially Pierce. I could truly see them going for that.

• Upvote 1

Phineas seems like the obvious choice for a boy but maybe they will surprise us.

For a girl i liked the theory that they will go for a Di name after having a Davia and a Destiny, but i can only think of Diana and it is probably out of the question because of the pagan association (although fundies love Anne of the green gables, so maybe i wouldnt complete disscount it?). Other D girl names that i can see them using: Dorothy, Danielle, Deborah, Delia.

• Upvote 1

I can’t stop laughing. The new movie this week on the Hallmark Channel is… “Sweet Pecan Summer.”  I’m guessing the real life Pecans won’t be watching. 

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/sweet-pecan-summer/videos/preview-sweet-pecan-summer

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18

21 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I can’t stop laughing. The new movie this week on the Hallmark Channel is… “Sweet Pecan Summer.”  I’m guessing the real life Pecans won’t be watching. 

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/sweet-pecan-summer/videos/preview-sweet-pecan-summer

Some fundies love hallmark movies but I think the pecans don’t watch much TV. 

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I sometimes watch Waltons reruns on Hallmark really late at night.  None other than Mike Huckabee - sorry, Governor Mike Huckabee, former candidate for President (he says so and it's displayed on the screen) - is now advertising "Relaxium".  He had trouble getting to sleep.

I find it immensely amusing that they're pushing his political credentials to try to sell a sleep aid.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic