IGNORED

Priscilla and David 10: Pecan Number Five (Peter) Has Arrived

GreyhoundFan

22 hours ago, JMO said:

David posted on IG that they saved the soul of their waiter.  It's insufferable.  Between this and the time that they chatted up the person sitting next to them on the plane they sound absolutely insufferable IRL.  

Jesus saves, David, not you.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Having been a server at one point in life, I can tell you this. More often than not, you become whatever your customers want you to be. You do their bidding. You appease them. You nod your head & smile just to get through it. Do your job, don't piss off the customer, get them fed & out the door without incident. 

I just told Mr. No about David's post about saving the server.  First thing he said was "of course the server was 'saved' because he just wanted to do his job without a fuss and get his tip because he relies on them".     And that got me thinking of how much servers do to accommodate customers just so they can get through the workday.

David might think the server was saved but in reality the server played along.  I wonder how many times this has happened with Davy.  How many times he thinks he has saved someone when they just go along to get him to move along and out the door.

52 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Servers as a whole are the most abused profession - their lives depend upon making even the biggest, most unhappy person happy. A nearly impossible task, but one they fight to do every damn day.

I honestly wonder how people do it day after day.  I worked fast food and retail in my early working years.   The "customer was always right" mantra ruled and the worst ones were always screaming it.   I have in-law family that were customers from hell and treated servers terribly, Mr. No and I hated going out with them.  Mr. No always insisted on handling the tip in these cases, not only to make sure the server got one but he gave them extra for all the trouble. 

• Upvote 18

On 11/15/2020 at 7:12 AM, squiddysquid said:

Doesn't explain leaving the IBLP.

My bet is the fabulous Waller got caught with another guy.

Well, he is a good time manager, with all those kids, job and house remodeling, to have time to get caught with anybody.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Having been a server at one point in life, I can tell you this. More often than not, you become whatever your customers want you to be. You do their bidding. You appease them. You nod your head & smile just to get through it. Do your job, don't piss off the customer, get them fed & out the door without incident. 

Your income depends upon tips and when survival depends on money, you will do whatever it takes for that income. In a world where "tips" are income rather than a living wage, people do and tolerate a shit ton of things they aren't normally inclined to tolerate for the sake of being able to pay rent, not have an angry customer go off on you or worse, go to management with a stick up their ass. 

Servers as a whole are the most abused profession - their lives depend upon making even the biggest, most unhappy person happy. A nearly impossible task, but one they fight to do every damn day.

So, David, honey? I hate to tell you, the likelihood of you having "saved" the soul of that waiter is even lower than the likelihood of me not getting the second COVID shot at the end of the month. 

If you actually gave a shit about "saving" him, you'd be wearing a mask as you use him as fodder for your agenda. 

But, nope. It's all about you, not about anyone else or "saving" them from hell or disease. You don't actually give one single shit about that server. 

YES. Same thing in tourism (which Covid has now killed... sadly).

I worked as a tour guide in different museums in the past 10 years. In the museum I work now, because it smaller institution, guides usually wear multiple hats. Of cours, giving tours, welcoming school groups, but also being at the cash register in the gift shop, being the host at the entrance door, etc. We don't depend on tips, but because we are in a very touristy area, our philoshophy is always to make sure the visitors have an incredible time while at our institution. Making sure they'll talk about us to their friends and family, give a nice review online, etc. These people are on vacation, are visiting our city. They chose our museum and we have to make sure they have a lovely experience here. So believe me, the number of times I nodded and agreed with visitors because I didn't want to upset them... a lot of times.

Mind you... some things were not exceptable and offensive and I would gladly answer in those situations. But a visitor trying to save me and such, I would probably nod and say thank you for choosing us. :confusion-shrug:?

Sometimes makes me wonder how much Fundies understand the real world.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

My issue with being around the Wallers is the wave of sanctimonious slime they would exude and which would require an immediate shower, if I survived....

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, gustava said:

My issue with being around the Wallers is the wave of sanctimonious slime they would exude and which would require an immediate shower, if I survived....

If I encountered Pris alone, I wouldn’t be too bothered. Yes her voice is that awful breathy baby voice. But that would be the worst of it I think. I doubt she’s as pushy as David about being saved. Plus I think I could easily steer her in another conversational direction. David would just keep coming back around to pushing Jesus on me. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Is David really so dumb to think that a brief conversation and reference to scripture is sufficient to “save a soul”? Does he really believe that he was able to convert someone in record time?

The comments under David’s conversion Instagram  post are gold. I’m happy people are pointing out that the waiter was doing his job and David isn’t wearing a mask (!?) while the waiter is. I’m surprised those comments are still up.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I encountered Pris alone, I wouldn’t be too bothered. Yes her voice is that awful breathy baby voice. But that would be the worst of it I think. I doubt she’s as pushy as David about being saved. Plus I think I could easily steer her in another conversational direction. David would just keep coming back around to pushing Jesus on me. 

I always thought that dealing with Pris alone wouldn't be too bad.  Sure the baby voice would annoy me but I think it's easy to change the subject with her like mentioning that her kids look cute or where did you find that scarf you are wearing, etc.   That sort of thing.

But David, honestly would be like a pit bull...insisting on having the "are you saved" conversation.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I feel like I could find something to talk about with Pris, mainly kids. But David, yikes. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

But David, honestly would be like a pit bull...insisting on having the "are you saved" conversation.

I think the hard-core fundies are allowed only one real focus and have been conditioned into an irresistible compulsion to spread it. Personality and technique may vary, but the ones I've met will persistently slip the subject in however and whenever they can.  They've learned how to manipulate people and believe they not only have the right but that they're doing you a favor.

I've been asked whether I believe I'm a good person (one of their classic lead-ins).  If I'm willing to engage at all, I shrug and tell them I'm doing the best I can.  When they start in about eternity in hell for the unsaved I say it's only a problem if you happen to believe in a deity that cruel, and I don't and won't.  They frown.

I've encountered no fundies during the pandemic and don't miss it a bit.

• Upvote 16

52 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

think the hard-core fundies are allowed only one real focus and have been conditioned into an irresistible compulsion to spread it.

I always think there is something very compulsive about this behavior. Maybe not pathologically so but they definitely seem like they *need* to share “the word of God” or else.

• Upvote 9

23 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I always think there is something very compulsive about this behavior. Maybe not pathologically so but they definitely seem like they *need* to share “the word of God” or else.

It reminds me of people deep in the MLM shilling. They work in a pitch for the MLM no matter what the topic of conversation or setting. It’s no wonder that fundies and MLMs overlap so much. 

• Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 13

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It reminds me of people deep in the MLM shilling. They work in a pitch for the MLM no matter what the topic of conversation or setting. It’s no wonder that fundies and MLMs overlap so much. 

Oh yeah, we had some relatives that were both fundie and into Amway.  You could not have a conversation with them without them bringing up one or the other.  It was to the point that their grown daughters would walk out of the room.  Oh, and we stopped visiting them. 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 3

On 4/11/2021 at 10:07 AM, anjulibai said:

I feel like I could find something to talk about with Pris, mainly kids. But David, yikes. 

If I were to encounter David one-on-one, I think I'd be tempted to take an easy way out, like saying that I don't have conversations with strange men when my husband isn't around. (And if my husband were around, I'd be tempted to let him deal with David. I'm not a very nice wife sometimes! :pb_lol: ) One fundie I would hate to meet in person is Lori Alexander, but she's pretty reclusive, so I'm not in much danger. 

• Upvote 18

Before Covid, when the Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door, I would tell them they could stay on the porch as long as I could offer them a rosary and teach them the Hail Mary. Mind you I haven't set inside a Catholic church in years, but some things just are burned into my brain.

They would politely excuse themselves and go on their way.

I wonder how David would handle it if someone really engaged him in a theological debate.  You know, someone who studied Greek and Latin and knew the source documents, not just the KJV.

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 4/11/2021 at 10:43 AM, Pleiades_06 said:

Is David really so dumb to think that a brief conversation and reference to scripture is sufficient to “save a soul”? Does he really believe that he was able to convert someone in record time?

The comments under David’s conversion Instagram  post are gold. I’m happy people are pointing out that the waiter was doing his job and David isn’t wearing a mask (!?) while the waiter is. I’m surprised those comments are still up.

It isn't stupidity, its arrogance .... how could someone not be "saved" by a man of faith as him? he is so smug that his word can move mountains, so smug that he knows the "true way".....

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

If I were to encounter David one-on-one, I think I'd be tempted to take an easy way out, like saying that I don't have conversations with strange men when my husband isn't around. (And if my husband were around, I'd be tempted to let him deal with David. I'm not a very nice wife sometimes! :pb_lol: ) One fundie I would hate to meet in person is Lori Alexander, but she's pretty reclusive, so I'm not in much danger. 

I'm pretty sure I would give him my pleasant, non-smiling look, say, "Are you familiar with Lutheran theology? Those are my beliefs." And then I would look away if I couldn't walk away.  I've lived more than half my life and prefer to spend my remaining moments/hours/days in conversation that pleases me or benefits others.  He would not be open to discussing Lutheran vs. Baptist (?) theology so I would not be interested in further interaction. 

Also: Neener, neener. :D 

• Upvote 13

13 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

He would not be open to discussing Lutheran vs. Baptist (?) theology so I would not be interested in further interaction. 

I wonder how interested he would be in discussing liberal Presbyterian theology, and the importance of accepting LGBTQ Christians? :think: (I'd have to read up more on Presbyterian theology, but that's the direction I'm heading, if I ever get back to church.)

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I wonder how interested he would be in discussing liberal Presbyterian theology, and the importance of accepting LGBTQ Christians? :think: (I'd have to read up more on Presbyterian theology, but that's the direction I'm heading, if I ever get back to church.)

My guess is he'd be very interested (opportunity knocks) but would be consistently spouting from the KJV, along with his own interpretations of it, until you walked away.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, petrushka said:

Looks like he's now limiting comments.

His ig doesn’t show up as comment limited for me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 4/12/2021 at 3:21 PM, petrushka said:

Before Covid, when the Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door, I would tell them they could stay on the porch as long as I could offer them a rosary and teach them the Hail Mary. Mind you I haven't set inside a Catholic church in years, but some things just are burned into my brain.

They would politely excuse themselves and go on their way.

I wonder how David would handle it if someone really engaged him in a theological debate.  You know, someone who studied Greek and Latin and knew the source documents, not just the KJV.

I love when the Mormon folks come knocking. I've had several interesting debates with different teams. Most of them are polite and willing to discuss differences. However, there have been a few who quickly excuse themselves. I think I'm on the JW blacklist, so they never come to my door.

I don't think Davy would enjoy a spirited debate, especially with an educated woman who won't be cowed or worn down by him.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

With Fundies, I've long had a fantasy of asking them to say the Apostles Creed. If they can't, then I'd proclaim, "You aren't really a Christian, then" and slam the door in their face while yelling "Get behind me, Satan!"

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 18

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic