IGNORED

Dillards 83: WTG JILL - PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!

HerNameIsBuffy

No mention of how he's a 'Godly man' makes me think its for appearances too. They love that line.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Neither Jill nor Derick have liked the post, and they've had hours to do so. In fact, as of an hour or so ago, the only Duggars who liked it were Jana and Lauren. And I doubt that even Josiah has any kind of relationship with Derick. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 3/8/2020 at 10:31 AM, JDuggs said:

In Illinois, the information is accessible, but maybe not online.

Yeah, I know it's public record, lived here all my life, but just not on thr specific website mentioned in the earlier post. Not all states are there.

On 3/8/2020 at 1:10 PM, PennySycamore said:

Third parties tend to act as spoilers in US elections.  

That's exactly what they are. Third party votes are throwaways. That said, I did vote for Ralph Nader once.

On 3/8/2020 at 1:17 PM, ItsAllOver said:

We're taught from a young age not to make our addresses public online, but now any disgruntled date or potential stalker can find that information.

Got bad news for you, a simple google search will reveal all kinds of personal information, including birthdays and phone numbers. You can opt out of some of these sites, but the process is onerous.

• Upvote 3

Has Coronavirus hit Arkansas yet? How do you think the Duggar’s et all will respond to the epidemic? 

• WTF 1

15 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Has Coronavirus hit Arkansas yet? How do you think the Duggar’s et all will respond to the epidemic? 

With prayer, of course!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

On 3/8/2020 at 7:41 PM, Giraffe said:

Hi @PennySycamore, did you mean to tag someone else instead?

Probably. 

ETA: I have no idea who I'd meant to tag though.

Edited by PennySycamore

16 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Probably. 

ETA: I have no idea who I'd meant to tag though.

Funny! I wonder if there’s a glitch in the system. I got tagged for something in the jrod thread that I hadn’t brought up, either. Who knows.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

With prayer, of course!

And renewed calls for a border wall.

On 3/7/2020 at 11:40 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

That's how it is in MA.  Although we tend to lean blue, 56% of MA voters are Unenrolled, so voterwise we are purple.

As an Unenrolled in MA, you can take any primary ballot-Democrat or Republican-with no repercussions.  But it wasn't always that way.  Years ago, if you were unenrolled and voted in the MA primary, you were automatically enrolled in the party whose ballot you took, and had to go to City Hall to switch back to Unenrolled.  It was a major pain in the ass, and in a way was a form of voter suppression, because a lot of Unenrolled folks just didn't bother voting in the primary because it was too much of a hassle.  So a lot of voices went unheard.   Once they changed the voting format for Unenrolled folks it made life much easier as far as the primaries go.  And people started switching party affiliations-my entire family switched from Democrat to Unenrolled because we are big believers in freedom of choice whenever possible.   Since Unenrolled is the most popular party in MA now it seems many others feel the same way.  

And for the record, I, as well as many of my Unenrolled friends and relatives, were very sad when Pete Buttigieg dropped out.  

Have to disagree with you there. Party members should pick the nominees of their party (not debating whether a 2-party system is best here.) People who don't want to be part of a political party can exercise their freedom of choice in the general election--nothing says you can't vote across party lines.

• Love 1

On 3/9/2020 at 3:07 PM, Idlewild said:

Damage limitation I’m sure- the revelation about Jill needing permission to visit probably caused a stir. 
It reinforces my view that s any supposed ‘tell all’ will not be an attack on the Duggars but rather on TLC, political correctness and ‘elites’ in the style of Trump junior. 
And my BEC moment- I wish Jill would get over the ‘we speak Spanish’ as I’m pretty sure that beyond a few phrases they don’t. 

I'm with you on this one. At the end of the day, Derrick is still a douche. While I give him some kudos for furthering his education and realizing he has to earn a living, that comes only after he ran around Nepal funded by "partners," married a young woman he barely knew because her father funded him and the family had a lucrative show (that he enthusiastically took part in), took her to a fake ministry in Central America where he expected to be supported although he didn't even know the language and performed no useful function, quit an actual job to do so--and on and on. He's only thinking about education and working because none of the grifting has been successful.
Hell, this is a dude who thought it was funny to try and hurt a cat on camera.
I expect the book, should he actually write it, will be less of a tell-all (and if it involves his wife's molestation, that would be a really douchy tell all) and more of a whiny rant about how his entitled ass tried to save souls for Christ in foreign lands but got fucked over by selfish people, how he was abused by TLC and JBoob even though his wedding and the birth/s of his children brought in huge ratings, and more whining. Any "bombshells" will be anemic and spiteful.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

47 minutes ago, patsymae said:
2 hours ago, patsymae said:

Have to disagree with you there. Party members should pick the nominees of their party (not debating whether a 2-party system is best here.) People who don't want to be part of a political party can exercise their freedom of choice in the general election--nothing says you can't vote across party lines.

I completely understand and respect your viewpoint.  I was looking at the issue from a freedom of choice perspective.  But it's no secret that Unenrolleds in certain states have the capability to go rogue in the primaries and skew the results for whatever party they choose to vote in, then flip their party vote in the general election.  That was not how it was intended, but we all know it happens more often than not.  

As far as I'm concerned, these elections are turning into a human board game of Stratego.   

Edited by HeartsAFundie

26 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I completely understand and respect your viewpoint.  I was looking at the issue from a freedom of choice perspective.  But it's no secret that Unenrolleds in certain states have the capability to go rogue in the primaries and skew the results for whatever party they choose to vote in, then flip their party vote in the general election.  That was not how it was intended, but we all know it happens more often than not.  

As far as I'm concerned, these elections are turning into a human board game of Stratego.   

"As far as I'm concerned, these elections are turning into a human board game of Stratego. "

Im with you there.   

• I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

But it's no secret that Unenrolleds in certain states have the capability to go rogue in the primaries and skew the results for whatever party they choose to vote in, then flip their party vote in the general election.  That was not how it was intended, but we all know it happens more often than not.  

I knew more people who choose a primary (when I lived in a state with open primaries) based on who they wanted to vote for than for strategy. There were some, of course, and I contemplated doing it myself. 

My local elections are supposed to be non-partisan, and they are to the extent that political parties aren't printed on the ballot. Yet anyone who pays attention knows who is what color anyway. Plus it's the same people running for whatever is open, it's like I'm on a sitcom and they just recycle extras. 

34 minutes ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I think it's bullshit. Primaries that are drawn out like this and have such reactionary tactics disenfranchise half the country. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Arkansas currently has 0 cases. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

Arkansas currently has 0 cases. 

I have internet friends in Arkansas. I am very happy to read this. ❤️

• Upvote 3

On 3/5/2020 at 5:02 AM, viii said:

Just like how I refuse to call little girls bossy - wouldn't use that term for a little boy who displays leadership skills. 

OKay it's been 3 pages since this comment but i was in the Philippines for a week so I'm catching up, bit so much this. I was constantly called bossy as a kid, I even had other people's parents tell me to "Stop being a bossy boots". Not once was this said to a male friend with a similar personality. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

Oof, voting in the US seems so damn complicated! Other U.K. members have explained the system here. Much easier... not perfect, but far less complex. 

As for the “tell-all”... who knows. I don’t think it’s particularly possible to predict what will be in it until it’s published. 

• I Agree 1

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Oof, voting in the US seems so damn complicated! Other U.K. members have explained the system here. Much easier... not perfect, but far less complex.  

Every state is a little different, every city has different local taxes and regulations. My city votes for assembly in April but state stuff in November, and it seems like every ballot has a list of judges that were appointed and we can vote to recall but how many people really have the time to look up 10 or more judges and see if they made the correct judgements? 

• Upvote 1

On 3/10/2020 at 7:15 PM, patsymae said:

I'm with you on this one. At the end of the day, Derrick is still a douche. While I give him some kudos for furthering his education and realizing he has to earn a living, that comes only after he ran around Nepal funded by "partners," married a young woman he barely knew because her father funded him and the family had a lucrative show (that he enthusiastically took part in), took her to a fake ministry in Central America where he expected to be supported although he didn't even know the language and performed no useful function, quit an actual job to do so--and on and on. He's only thinking about education and working because none of the grifting has been successful.

Hell, this is a dude who thought it was funny to try and hurt a cat on camera.

I expect the book, should he actually write it, will be less of a tell-all (and if it involves his wife's molestation, that would be a really douchy tell all) and more of a whiny rant about how his entitled ass tried to save souls for Christ in foreign lands but got fucked over by selfish people, how he was abused by TLC and JBoob even though his wedding and the birth/s of his children brought in huge ratings, and more whining. Any "bombshells" will be anemic and spiteful.

Now, I've been thinking that Derick is all of the above, but maybe he's starting to grow a brain, learn a few things, and mature a bit.  Not a prize, but becoming less of an ass.  Derick had two parents that were more well rounded, loving, and he only had one other sibling to share them with.  He was given a real education and supported by his family in all he did.  His father died, he didn't cut Derick out of the family.  

While Derick seems to accept his mother marrying again, I've had the impression that he's not comfortable with considering his mothers second husband as a father figure.  For whatever reason, he made contact with JB Duggar, and let JB match him up with Jill.  We know how well that worked, it's been pretty difficult for both of them.

The first few years of their marriage, nothing seemed to work out for them.  Derick was shocked to find out his bride had a pretty bad childhood orchestrated by her parents, and Jill found out that husband Daddy picked out for her was nothing like Daddy.  Things kept going wrong, pressure was mounting, and suddenly Jill and Derick realized that prayers and wishes weren't going to cut it.  I'm amazed that they've lasted as a couple as long as they have, but they're moving forward as a couple with two small children and show no signs of giving up.

I think that Derick is socially awkward.  He's not 'fully baked' yet.  Same for Jill.  I hope that they can continue to grow and mature together, while moving to a place where they can confidently mature and decide together what they want for themselves and what they want for their children.  

It would be great if they are able to stay happily married, and forge out guidelines when dealing with extended family members.  Let them be the couple who shows the others how it's done.

Work hard, educate yourself, don't hold your kids back, and quit limiting yourselves to the narrow parameters that Jim Bob and Michelle have set.

I wish them well.  Actually, I wish Jill and the kids well, I'm kind of 'Meh' on Derick.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

I’ve said it before but I do find it distasteful that Jill seems to encourage people to send her stuff to her mailbox. She did another instastory showing off all her gifts and said how he boys love opening it as there’s always stuff for them. 
it may be they’re from companies trying to get an endorsement but she doesn’t acknowledge them. 
She may be evolving but that Duggar sense of entitlement seems hard to shake off.

Why not say thanks for the generosity but we’re a perfectly healthy couple capable of work- please donate to a refuge or shelter for those less fortunate. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I’ve said it before but I do find it distasteful that Jill seems to encourage people to send her stuff to her mailbox. She did another instastory showing off all her gifts and said how he boys love opening it as there’s always stuff for them. 
it may be they’re from companies trying to get an endorsement but she doesn’t acknowledge them. 
She may be evolving but that Duggar sense of entitlement seems hard to shake off.

Why not say thanks for the generosity but we’re a perfectly healthy couple capable of work- please donate to a refuge or shelter for those less fortunate. 

I agree, but that was the way she was raised...Boobchelle told them their family was sooper sheshul, so it was totally normal (and encouraged) to accept gifts from random people.  Since Derick is almost as immature as she is, he actively encourages this.  

I think they set up the mailbox in hope of getting sponsorships...but that hasn't happened so far.  If Derick actually stopped being an asshat, they could link up with a service ala JinJer and be more successful at it than they are. 

• Upvote 2

Slightly (completely??...) off topic but since I'm at home self-isolating, I've had a chance to tidy up who I'm following on Instagram and I've cut all the boring Duggars and Duggar-adjacents from my feed.

Jeremy waffles on and loves himself waaaaay too much - he's gone.

John David + Abbie - big snoozy yawn - they're gone.

Sierra - ain't nobody got time for the 8000 lives every day, plus it's hard to watch a slow motion breakdown - she's gone.

Anna and Josh - didn't realise I even followed them, I'm ashamed of that one - they're gone.

Amy - not objectionable but not interesting - gone.

Josiah/Jed/Jana - never anything interesting to say - gone.

So basically I'm keeping the quads - Jill, Jessa, Joy and Jinger. I'm also temporarily keeping the main Duggar family one but if it doesn't provoke amusement or entertainment in the next two weeks then it's gone too. These are ruthless times. 

Edited by IrishCarrie
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, IrishCarrie said:

Slightly (completely??...) off topic but since I'm at home self-isolating, I've had a chance to tidy up who I'm following on Instagram and I've cut all the boring Duggars and Duggar-adjacents from my feed.

Jeremy waffles on and loves himself waaaaay too much - he's gone.

John David + Abbie - big snoozy yawn - they're gone.

Sierra - ain't nobody got time for the 8000 lives every day, plus it's hard to watch a slow motion breakdown - she's gone.

Anna and Josh - didn't realise I even followed them, I'm ashamed of that one - they're gone.

Amy - not objectionable but not interesting - gone.

Josiah/Jed/Jana - never anything interesting to say - gone.

So basically I'm keeping the quads - Jill, Jessa, Joy and Jinger. I'm also temporarily keeping the main Duggar family one but if it doesn't provoke amusement or entertainment in the next two weeks then it's gone too. These are ruthless times. 

They are dull I think. The USP of the Duggars was the huge amount of children, the frumpy clothes, the ‘modest’ everything and no TV etc. Social media And the internet has shown there are other huge fundie families out there and the Duggars are now pretending they weren’t  that extreme anyway.

The children have nothing to offer. Jill and Derick tried to be slightly different with their missioncation but all but the most ardent leg humpers saw them for what they were- grifters, expecting donations, flying home for parties and not learning the language ( but inexplicably insisting on speaking it to each other in Arkansas.....). All the boys are ‘real estate manintenance’, all the girls are SAHM except for Jana who has some hobbies- nice but a yawn fest. I swear it’s us snarkers that keep them going! 

Edited by Idlewild
Typo
  • Upvote 6

On 3/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, Idlewild said:

We’ll see. I have a feeling this will be a highly sanitised version of events.

I expect he’ll gloss over why he wanted a rich reality TV person with eligible daughters as his ‘prayer partner’, the grifting for money and the comments about Jazz and Nate as well as his career hopping. We know Jill still has a relationship with her family so I’m not sure he will be sticking the knife in too deep. I expect just a few details to pique interest but the rest will be a yawn fest about how wonderful their marriage is, how smart Jill is and how much cleverer he is than Jeremy.

i wonder if he floated this idea a while back and got an advance- hence being able to buy the house and run 2 cars on a pizza delivery wage.

Yes, I will also be curious to see if he spills any "true tea" or if it's just going to be surface level stuff.  Like things that are critical, but not too bad, for example like saying someone in the family is a neat freak.  Stuff like that, which can take up page space for a book, (cash-grab) and he can claim technically as a "reveal" but which he knows aren't bad enough to affect family relationships for Jill's sake (and any money, inheritance, etc, he could expect from those relationships down the road.) 

Wouldn't it be amazing if he DID go ham though?  Like a REAL juicy tell-all.  How shocked we would all be, haha.

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic