IGNORED

Dillards 83: WTG JILL - PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!

HerNameIsBuffy

Jill went to lunch with Jessa, Sierra and Kristen antivax-for-jesus Young and various babies. I have to admit, it's nice that Jill is the odd one out in that she isn't pregnant (that we know of) and isn't holding a newborn. Thinking back to her pre-wedding "Derick and I will be having as many kids as the Lord gives us and won't be doing anything to prevent that" comment, I'm happily surprised that she's not on baby eleventy. 

Screenshot_20200208_154614.jpg

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 6

@HideousGreenShirt, I am also happily surprised that she doesn't seem all that bothered or defensive or sad about it.  Now she could be crying behind closed doors about it, maybe. However, given how much Jill shares and overshares I don't think that's the case. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I just hope Ivy and Baby Dominguez are safe from Baby Anti-Vax. And vice versa, of course.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Derek doesn’t seem to have any interest in a mega family and has hinted that they use birth control.

I don’t see Jill being a mom of ten plus kids. I think they’ll stop at a nice even four.

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

I don’t know if they’ll have more kids, but I agree it’s refreshing and that she seems to like only having two. 

Edited by Giraffe
Forgot a word
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Ivy is wearing gray and yellow and has no headband.   How will people know what to call her?  How to treat her?  Which bathroom she should use?  

Actually I'm really happy Jessa doesn't feel the need to dress her in frills and bows.  Not that that's not a perfectly valid choice, just nice that Jessa can see beyond pink and blue.  

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, WarriorJane said:

Ivy is wearing gray and yellow and has no headband.   How will people know what to call her?  How to treat her?  Which bathroom she should use?  

Actually I'm really happy Jessa doesn't feel the need to dress her in frills and bows.  Not that that's not a perfectly valid choice, just nice that Jessa can see beyond pink and blue.  

Jessa definitely doesn't seem to care about dressing Ivy in pink and overly girly stuff. I like how she dresses her kid's. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I’m not a Jessa fan, but I love how genuinely happy she is in that photo. She looks gorgeous and it’s so nice to see an enormous smile. Jill looks great too.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Women’s work? Fuck you derdick 

B4152547-D380-4A3B-9E24-0C0A59517BE5.png

I may be wrong but I think this is what passes for humour for Derick. That and a little trolling- he must be bored.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 20
  • Love 1

Jill agreed with a commenter who said Derick enjoys messing with the public. And he’s got almost 500 comments, which was probably his goal.

A7485428-BADC-45EE-86A9-F99B36A1EBA3.jpeg

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Removed identifying information
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

There’s 2 factors- Derick thinks he is so much cleverer than everyone- students often go through this phase in my experience but they usually grow out of it when they realise how little they actually know- but Derick seems a bit stunted in this part of his development; second, he hasn’t had much attention recently after everyone praising him for his supposed stance on JB. However much he pretends otherwise, he didn’t marry a Duggar so he could be ignored! 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

Just came here to snark on how horrible Derick’s homemade haircut is in his most recent Instagram post. He looks ridiculous. It reminds me eerily of the Turpin dad’s hair.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, lil_secret said:

I kept thinking Jill was posting old photos of him, his haircut makes him look really young (in a bad way lol)

Which pic?  Can you post?

• Upvote 2

On 2/8/2020 at 4:49 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

Jessa definitely doesn't seem to care about dressing Ivy in pink and overly girly stuff. I like how she dresses her kid's. 

I have a feeling this has more to do with Ivy having 2 older brothers than anything. Jessa has a lot of boys clothes laying around and probably realized, like I did, baby girls in frilly dresses all the time is impractical and annoying. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

38 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Which pic?

IMG_6274.thumb.jpg.43192d1d87639b1f99a869cabcdecd55.jpgIMG_6275.thumb.jpg.a0e5341e0b2c3cf468ed2ac87f14ee0f.jpg

These ones. Only on first glance. First I noticed the hair and then realized it was a current photo because of his teeth/jaw and the captions lol. But I was like.... Why is she posting old shit?

Oh man

download.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg

Edited by lil_secret
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thank You 6

3 minutes ago, lil_secret said:

These ones. Only on first glance. First I noticed the hair and then realized it was a current photo because of his teeth/jaw and the captions lol. But I was like.... Why is she posting old shit?

Thanks.  I don't hate the hair cut, but then I kinda like scruffy as long as people are clean.

I don't get the angle of the first one though...weird.

Can someone please explain to this lapsed Catholic what the hell a marriage conference is?  

Also, why in the drawing of themselves do they only have torsos?  It looks like quicksand, but that would be an add artistic choice.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

The marriage conference I attended, back in the day, was produced by Family Life Today (the Focus on the Family, southern version). It was two days of seminars on typical marriage-related stuff, like communication, making time for each other, SEX is AWESOME when you’re married !!1!1!!, etc. But it was all tied to fundagelical male-worship, so there was a lot about gender roles, separate sessions for men and women to reinforce the gender role crap, blah blah blah. All wrapped up in a giant flaming Jesus bow.

It sucked.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 3

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic