IGNORED

Dillards 83: WTG JILL - PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!

HerNameIsBuffy

On 2/8/2020 at 7:55 AM, HideousGreenShirt said:

Jill went to lunch with Jessa, Sierra and Kristen antivax-for-jesus Young and various babies. I have to admit, it's nice that Jill is the odd one out in that she isn't pregnant (that we know of) and isn't holding a newborn. Thinking back to her pre-wedding "Derick and I will be having as many kids as the Lord gives us and won't be doing anything to prevent that" comment, I'm happily surprised that she's not on baby eleventy. 

Screenshot_20200208_154614.jpg

Kristin-Anti-Vax-For-Jesus-Young would be a great screen name.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

The marriage conference I attended, back in the day, was produced by Family Life Today (the Focus on the Family, southern version). It was two days of seminars on typical marriage-related stuff, like communication, making time for each other, SEX is AWESOME when you’re married !!1!1!!, etc. But it was all tied to fundagelical male-worship, so there was a lot about gender roles, separate sessions for men and women to reinforce the gender role crap, blah blah blah. All wrapped up in a giant flaming Jesus bow.

It sucked.

Thanks for the scoop.

To the bolded - it also aint half bad when you're single.  Just sayin.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

On 2/8/2020 at 8:55 AM, HideousGreenShirt said:

Jill went to lunch with Jessa, Sierra and Kristen antivax-for-jesus Young and various babies. I have to admit, it's nice that Jill is the odd one out in that she isn't pregnant (that we know of) and isn't holding a newborn. Thinking back to her pre-wedding "Derick and I will be having as many kids as the Lord gives us and won't be doing anything to prevent that" comment, I'm happily surprised that she's not on baby eleventy. 

I have nothing to base this on other than personal feelings:  I think Jill cannot have more children.   I think the two emergency runs to the hospital when in labor was serious stuff. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

I have nothing to base this on other than personal feelings:  I think Jill cannot have more children.   I think the two emergency runs to the hospital when in labor was serious stuff. 

There is some reason why locals (local fundies, I suppose) have said she had a hysterectomy after Sam's birth, although Jill came out in more recent times and flatly denied that rumor.

A friend recently told me that since her 2nd c-section (first was kind of a problem) when her periods resumed they were extremely heavy and long and maybe more details that I don't know. Her doc has recommended a uterine ablation soon and that she absolutely should not become pregnant after that happens. (Danger to her? Danger to the embryo? I don't have a clue and did not ask questions.) I've wondered to myself and now aloud if maybe Jill had an issue like that or something similar. I had never heard of that and know nothing about it, so not trying to start yet another rumor about Jill. Just wondering, not even speculating. I guess we'll know when Jill is around 50 years old how many kids they ended up having, and if Derick turned out to be the #besthubbyever out of the Duggar collective males.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, MoonFace said:

There is actually evidence that directly contradicts this, though. Derick has said that that rumour isn't true and they have no idea where it came from, and Jill herself was reminding Derick last summer that they didn't know whether or not she'd be pregnant that year. If they can't have more children, they obviously don't know it.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

There is actually evidence that directly contradicts this, though. Derick has said that that rumour isn't true and they have no idea where it came from, and Jill herself was reminding Derick last summer that they didn't know whether or not she'd be pregnant that year. If they can't have more children, they obviously don't know it.

Or they’re proficient liars. Odds are really a toss up when it comes to these folks.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Or they’re proficient liars. Odds are really a toss up when it comes to these folks.

I don't think they'd ever publicly admit to any problems.  If she never gets pregnant again, they'll just chock it up to Jesus deciding two blessings only would be best for them 

Sam won't be three until this summer, but if she's not pregnant by then, I'd guess something is up.

• Upvote 4

I wouldn't say the odds are a toss up in this case, though. Jill being rendered infertile after Sam's birth is relatively unlikely. And I think many people who have a hunch that Jill can no longer have children don't know that Jill and Derick have directly contradicted that rumour, so it's important to point out. 

On the other hand, they've dropped plenty of hints that they're okay with some form of family planning, which is a far more likely scenario.

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I think the Dillards now realize that their future births will most likely involve costly hospital stays and it’s not practical to expand their family until Derick has a real job with decent insurance. It’s probably mostly Derick’s decision for Jill not to get pregnant while he’s still in school. I’m sure he wouldn’t want his study time interrupted by a newborn.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

There is some reason why locals (local fundies, I suppose) have said she had a hysterectomy after Sam's birth, although Jill came out in more recent times and flatly denied that rumor.

A friend recently told me that since her 2nd c-section (first was kind of a problem) when her periods resumed they were extremely heavy and long and maybe more details that I don't know. Her doc has recommended a uterine ablation soon and that she absolutely should not become pregnant after that happens. (Danger to her? Danger to the embryo? I don't have a clue and did not ask questions.) I've wondered to myself and now aloud if maybe Jill had an issue like that or something similar. I had never heard of that and know nothing about it, so not trying to start yet another rumor about Jill. Just wondering, not even speculating. I guess we'll know when Jill is around 50 years old how many kids they ended up having, and if Derick turned out to be the #besthubbyever out of the Duggar collective males.

I had an ablation before my hysterectomy and they did absolutely make sure I was done having kids before considering it.

For me it did nothing and two weeks later I had another debilitating period, hence the surgery.

I know nothing of Jill or her medical issues - just chiming on that my doctor was adamant about making sure no more baby plans before offering the procedure.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 10

Secondary infertility is a real thing. So are increases risks for placental issues after c sections. Thing like placenta accreta are super scary. Not speculating for Jill but I think a traumatic birth may at the very least slow down the numbers...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I think the Dillards now realize that their future births will most likely involve costly hospital stays and it’s not practical to expand their family until Derick has a real job with decent insurance. It’s probably mostly Derick’s decision for Jill not to get pregnant while he’s still in school. I’m sure he wouldn’t want his study time interrupted by a newborn.

I think this is most likely- despite DD’s moaning about not being paid for birth specials by TLC, somebody must have been subsidising them as for a long time they had no proper income while they were holidaying for Jesus & he was trying out student life with his previous course. 
The penny seems to have dropped that most people who have huge families are poor- the Duggars were fortunate to have TV money & I assume while JB was a state rep they got insurance. Jill has led such a sheltered life I think it is really a revelation that these things aren’t free and husbands have to go out to work if she wants to be a SAHM. I often call her entitled but I think she really had no idea how most families function.

If Derick gets a job with health cover I can see them having more children- but probably only a couple more. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I definitely think Jill will be done having children by the time she turns 40. I wouldn't say the same about Joy and Jessa. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Oof Counting On is still called Jill & Jessa: Moving On here in Finland...... she hasn't been in for at least two seasons I think. I should write some feedback. Honestly, it's a bit funny, knowing all of the stuff going on in the background.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

Jill didn’t post a gushing “best hubby ever” Valentine’s Day Post today. It might not mean anything but still, I expected her to write something. Maybe she’ll do so in the next couple of days? 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 2/11/2020 at 3:49 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Thanks.  I don't hate the hair cut, but then I kinda like scruffy as long as people are clean.

I don't get the angle of the first one though...weird.

Can someone please explain to this lapsed Catholic what the hell a marriage conference is?  

Also, why in the drawing of themselves do they only have torsos?  It looks like quicksand, but that would be an add artistic choice.

Sort of like Worldwide Marriage Encounter or Retrouvaille weekends, but with more Jesus. (Not saying you would recognize these either but thinking they may be familiar from a bulletin.]

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Anyone catch this? Not sure why someone would pass a crib down unless they are done with it or know they definitely wont need it in the next 2-3 years (or longer if Lauren has small gaps between pregnancies/babies). I would have thought a new cot would be a solid investment for a young fundie family?

8dd0b4de5add89f377cb5abd7827d626.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

Oh good catch @kiwi! It’s possible that they just couldn’t afford a crib and Jill won’t be having another baby until Dwreck is employed, but to me that sort of indicates they are done done.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Idk, nothing wrong getting second hand, it can be a solid investment too. Maybe Jill just doesn't like the style anymore, who knows, so she passed it on. And Lauren & Si might need to have two cots at the same time, too...

Edit: They might also have some sort of deal that hey, you can have the crib for now, save some for a good crib for later it's taking too much space at our place at the moment. When/If Jill gets pregnant they'll maybe take the crib back. Again, who knows.

Edited by finnlassie
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I wouldn’t read it as they’re finished with having children but more, as others have said, they’ll be waiting until Derick is established in employment ( or writes his best seller) in which case it counts as a sensible decision for them. Given the fallout with JB they may not be welcome or feel comfortable with storing stuff at Duggar property and new homes often lack storage - especially when you have the tons of crap that children seem to accumulate.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Maybe 2 emergency c/sections made doctors go through risks with Jill and D and this has triggered D into actually listening to them. After all he lost a parent when he was young he may be petrified of his boys growing up with out their mum. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Jill was given that crib my Michelle and Jim Bob in an episode, wasn’t she. It was pre loudly Josie’s. Maybe Jill just wanted other siblings to get to use it too. I wouldn’t necessarily say it means she’s done having babies. I sold my crib after my second baby and we are on baby number 5. We just decided to buy something else after that baby.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

What’s wrong with passing a crib around?  My mom was one of 9 kids (5 girls), we had passed around cribs, & high chairs as well as hand me down clothes.  Great way to reuse and save money.  

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, clueliss said:

What’s wrong with passing a crib around?  My mom was one of 9 kids (5 girls), we had passed around cribs, & high chairs as well as hand me down clothes.  Great way to reuse and save money.  

Absolutely nothing is wrong with it unless it is a really old one that does not meet the current standards! Why leave it in storage collecting dust when someone else can use it?

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I've removed my question. I didn't know the back story to the crib Instagram post being discussed. @front hugs > duggs explained it to me and now it makes sense.

So nothing to see here.

Edited by Bobology
My question was unnecessary.
  • Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic