IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

I guess a couple of us will have to update their spreadsheet, and I will really need to start a family tree or something like for the Duggar cause I'm starting to get lost here. Speaking of which do you think that jb and M have lost track of the grandfuggar already, or will they need a couple more months and a couple more pregnancy before get lost completely and for good? 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

How freaking long is that dress that Kendra is dragging through the grass in that photo? These fundy ladies must have some grubby hems.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

My mother always said that the third child was the dealbreaker one in most relationships. It was fine when there was two adults and two children because you could each grab a kid to do stuff and go places, but once there's a third one in the equation you run out of adults and the little beggars have you!!

I feel like it depends on the spacing. I'm the third (and final) - but my sisters are 5 and 7 years older than I am. So by the time I came along - they were pretty independent (I mean - not like they had jobs or whatever - but didn't have diapers, didn't need bottles or spoon feeding, could mostly entertain themselves and each other, were in school for part of the days etc). 

I think if you have three in short order (and just keep packin' 'em in like it's a race or something) - yikes.

• Upvote 11

Saw this thread was hot and was like FFS is she knocked up AGAIN. She's got 2 kids 2 and under already, she's going to beat MEchelle at this rate. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I was also thinking about Jill. Whether not having more kids right now is a choice or not, I think  her kids will benefit from not just being another number, replaced every couple of years. Despite their beliefs they have a much better chance to be a family, spend quality time with their parents,  go to school. 

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder if JB pays more for each blessing?

Who else will?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

You sure? I guess for them it could be seen as that, you know who has the most is the best/more godly/more loved by the Lord/have the bigger house and so and so

Yeah, just did the math Garrett & Addison are 17 months apart and Addison and #3 will only be 15 months apart.  They are going to have to ditch the "little Duggar Family" name on Insta. 

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I don’t even have the heart to say something snarky. This is just sad to me and it’s only getting worse. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 20
  • Love 3

What’s tragic about this is neither family is going to tell them to slow their roll, and simple Joe isn’t going to take the initiative and do something about it.

i think they will be affected the most when Duggarland falls apart.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

The best thing about the People announcement was the ad and picture for the pineapple upside-down cake.

Another undereducated Duggar, another child lost in the shuffle. "We look forward to Addison’s reaction to a life size baby doll.” oh ffs. And how the hell are they surprised? Have they not figured out how babies are made? ?

• Upvote 17
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

My sister and I are 15 months apart. My mom says because she had trouble getting pregnant with me, and because I was such an easy baby, she started trying again sooner than the doctor recommended. She also said if  my sister and my birth order were reversed, there would've been no second baby.

Of course, my mom stopped after 2. And she was 30. And she had her own career and hobbies. And she'd been with my father for 8 years at that point. Poor Kendra is 22, and has no life outside of being a baby maker. She is putting her body at risk by having so many pregnancies in rapid succession, and her mental health. She is def headed for a laundry room breakdown.

I'm pregnant with my first (due after Kendra!) and I already know that I could not do this again so quickly. There will definitely be more spacing between blessing #2

My cousin said that people who have 3 kids are "embrace chaos" types. Once you're outnumbered, everything changes. I can't imagine being outnumbered with three under three. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, BernRul said:

My cousin said that people who have 3 kids are "embrace chaos" types. Once you're outnumbered, everything changes. I can't imagine being outnumbered with three under three. 

Indeed! I am the oldest of 7 and thought after having 2 fairly easy kids that a third one was no big deal.  Child # 3 gave us quite a run for our money.  He's all grown up now and a great guy, but yeah, chaos was in full force until he graduated from high school. Needless to say, I stopped the baby machine after him.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Tie breaker? Yeah that might be cute if we knew it was going to be the last one? How many more times breaking pregnancies are we going to see. One day you will have ten of each... 

Yeah the tie breaker thing is pretty silly when they only two kids. Braggie also did the tie breaker announcement, but at least she had six at the time.

• Upvote 4

As a couple of people above have alluded,  I seriously wonder if they know anything about human biology and how to make pregnancy less likely? How could these folks be anti- NFP? I wonder if their doctor is providing any sort of patient/ family planning education?  They just better hope that JB has enough money to sustain them for the long haul.

And even fundies realize that most teenagers are not as appealing as newborns. It’s likely why they marry them off so young; to make them someone else’s responsibility.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Screenshot_20200819-185651_Instagram.thumb.jpg.9ed50e905b9bda57e3d2db7645302228.jpg

In the comment section of Joe and Kendra's post announcing this pregnancy... I have to say I'm pretty surprised they let this comment still be on...

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I’ll (maybe) give them the benefit of the doubt here and say their ‘surprise’ is how quickly the babies have arrived? Hopefully they figured out that their short spacing isn’t a fluke and it’s likely going to continue unless they do something about it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Oh boy, already. 

I really can't imagine the moment, standing in the bathroom with a positive pregnancy test while you have a 1 year old and a 6-month old baby in the house.

I would die a little inside.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, BernRul said:

My parents had four under three for 10 1/2 months...but that's because their baby no. 2 turned out to be babies nos. 2, 3 and 4! They did go on to have a fifth baby, but unsurprisingly they waited a few years for that. My younger brother is 5 1/2 years younger than me, Triplet1 and Triplet2. I don't think my parents got much sleep for the first couple of years after my sisters and I were  born, particularly as my dad was a junior doctor at the time and therefore had to work all hours under the sun. Thankfully my paternal grandparents lived nearby so I think they helped my mum out.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 4

40 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I’ll (maybe) give them the benefit of the doubt here and say their ‘surprise’ is how quickly the babies have arrived? Hopefully, they figured out that their short spacing isn’t a fluke and it’s likely going to continue unless they do something about it.

I hope for the sake that this is really the case, they are young and still inexpert (if you could say so about someone with two kids and another one on the way) and this being their third it could be, like with Addison they have to think "oh it's just a case it will not happen again" and then bam, a positive pregnancy test again...if she announces now it means that she already around 12 weeks right? I seem to remember they didn't announce super early before, yikes

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 4

I put this in another thread but even Christina Caldwell's babies are 3-4 years apart sometimes. I wonder if they do NFP and if Christina will now tell Kendra about it. Kendra probably assumed she would have manageable spacing like her parents, and could be "surprised" that her babies aren't all magically Jesus-given 3 years apart.

In fact, I predict that Christina DOES use NFP and tells Kendra about it shortly after the birth of #3. And then I predict that there's a two year spacing before littleduggar #4. PLEASE let me be right, for Kendra's uterus and all those children.

(Also, I'm very stressed trying to finish my PhD program and just last night I had a stress dream I was pregnant. I'm 27, married, want children in a few years, and STILL had that heart-stopping omg what am I going to do feeling. Thank Rufus it was a dream and I just cannot imagine Kendra's life. So sad.)

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

4 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

(Also, I'm very stressed trying to finish my PhD program and just last night I had a stress dream I was pregnant. I'm 27, married, want children in a few years, and STILL had that heart-stopping omg what am I going to do feeling. Thank Rufus it was a dream and I just cannot imagine Kendra's life. So sad.)

wait till menopause those stress dreams get more intense.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I do wonder if they are actually suprised they are having another baby. I could see Kendra thinking her natural spacing would be 2-3 years and honestly didn't realize she could get pregnant so soon. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, DLA said:

Oh boy, already. 

I really can't imagine the moment, standing in the bathroom with a positive pregnancy test while you have a 1 year old and a 6-month old baby in the house.

I would die a little inside.

The friend I referred to earlier - who had a 7 month old when she found out she was pregnant with #2 - basically described it that way. She said she was spooning food into #1 when her husband came out and said "It's positive" and she just kept shoveling food in the babies face "It's WHAT? it says WHAT?" 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic