IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

59 minutes ago, DLA said:

Also, poor poor Addison. I have said this before but at this pace she will be a sister mom in a few years time. So sad.

She will be raising siblings and then raising her own many children. Happy future little one...

This is kind of why I want #3 to be a girl. Normally, I prefer boys in fundie families, but Kendra and Joe are so easily on track to get at least a dozen, that we know Addison is going to be a sister mom when she's like 6. At the very least a close in age sister will take some of the responsibility that should be (but won't be) her parents job. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 9

Yes, life is full of surprises when you're having unprotected sex every week.

I am two months older than Kendra and cannot imagine having three under 3. I feel for her poor uterus and her entire body actually because she might not always have these smooth pregnancies and births. Hopefully they don't try and stop her pushing again this time.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

If they keep going like this I will never catch up! My first one was born in September 18, second one in July 20. No way I'm going to have a third one by February :(

My grandparents hat their first three children even closer in age. My aunt is 17 months older than my uncle who is only 14 months older than my dad. But after them they slowed down a lot. As they truly left it up to god, I guess that after my dad was born they didn't have much time for making more babies. Maybe something we can for with these two?

• Upvote 1

Yikes. My two kids are 2.5 years and 6 months and I can't imagine getting pregnant right now. The transition to two was actually really easy for me and I am enjoying it so much I don't want to mess up our rhythm and gyp my youngest of getting doted on. Poor Addison got to be "the baby" for all of 2 seconds before Kenda had eyes on the next. How sad. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I forget which thread it was, but there was a recent discussion about which Duggar male was the most tolerable. JD and Joe both seemed to be the consensus, and I do think that Joe, ignorant as he is, is more of an aw-shucks simpleton than he is actively malicious. Same with Kendra. Unfortunately, that means they'll just keep popping them out because they don't know any better, and they've both been raised to have as many children as possible before her uterus conks out. It makes me kind of sad for them, especially Kendra because she's so young, but more sad for all the potential kids. Joe should remember the hard times in the Duggar family before TLC came along, but I don't think he has enough critical thinking skills to try to avoid that for his own family.

Yep. I don’t think Joe is the sharpest tool in the shed. He is 25, and was 10, nearly 11, when they moved into the TTH. Maybe he has forgotten or never realized how hard life was before TLC came along. Kendra never lived in a mega zoo, so she has no idea. 
What is going to happen when JB can’t feed, clothe and house all these growing families? How will Joe and Kendra provide for all these precious blessings? Do they even have a clue? Are they going to put mats with sleeping bags on the floor, in order to bed everyone? 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

The 'life sized baby doll' comment is pretty irksome to me. A newborn isn't a toy!!

Also, three under three, think of the diapers!!  ? I can't imagine it will be easy to potty train Garrett with the other two in diapers.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

The 'life sized baby doll' comment is pretty irksome to me. A newborn isn't a toy!!

Also, three under three, think of the diapers!!  ? I can't imagine it will be easy to potty train Garrett with the other two in diapers.

I wonder if any of them cloth diaper? If you’re having a baby a year, that would be the WTG. Diapers and formula alone would take a huge bite out of their budget.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I highly doubt any of these people cloth diaper, considering how often we see paper plates at family meals.

Looking at Duggar wikipedia, there were three babies born in 2018, four in 2019, and three total expected in 2020. So far we've got one due in 2021. I wonder who else will be adding to that? My money's on Jessa, Anna, Lauren with a strong likelihood of Abbie too. Plus there's wildcard Jill. This means there will be upwards of 4 new grandbabies in 2021.

Also I wonder if Joken will keep the jinder of #3 a mystery until birth.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Yikes. My two kids are 2.5 years and 6 months and I can't imagine getting pregnant right now. The transition to two was actually really easy for me and I am enjoying it so much I don't want to mess up our rhythm and gyp my youngest of getting doted on. Poor Addison got to be "the baby" for all of 2 seconds before Kenda had eyes on the next. How sad. 

Please don't use the term gyp/gypped.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/12/30/242429836/why-being-gypped-hurts-the-roma-more-than-it-hurts-you

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, dolcez said:

I'm two years younger than Kendra and I can't imagine being married, much less having two kids and another one on the way. This is the kind of stuff I have nightmares over.

I'm almost 20 years older and still can't imagine it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

The irony of this thread title--made shortly after Addison was born. That baby was just a blur, mixed up with all the other girl babies born at the same time. And now---only on page 7 of the same thread, Kendra is pregnant again. The new kid could be born before this thread even closes out.

FTR, my closest sibling and I are 11 months apart.  My folks has 5 kids under age 5. ?

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Yep. I don’t think Joe is the sharpest tool in the shed. He is 25, and was 10, nearly 11, when they moved into the TTH. Maybe he has forgotten or never realized how hard life was before TLC came along. Kendra never lived in a mega zoo, so she has no idea. 
What is going to happen when JB can’t feed, clothe and house all these growing families? How will Joe and Kendra provide for all these precious blessings? Do they even have a clue? Are they going to put mats with sleeping bags on the floor, in order to bed everyone? 

If they were smart, some of the boys would have gone to trade school. You can support a family just fine as a plumber, electrician, etc. I personally wouldn’t patronize Duggar plumbing/electricity/automotive, but I’m sure a lot of people would. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

If they were smart, some of the boys would have gone to trade school. You can support a family just fine as a plumber, electrician, etc. I personally wouldn’t patronize Duggar plumbing/electricity/automotive, but I’m sure a lot of people would. 

If it weren't for TLC and their dad, what would these guys do for work? How would they supports all those kids? Austin at least has a job, Derick is pursuing law and has worked, Jeremy.... well I"m not quite sure there....

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. They basically live off rental property income, so what a better way to hone skills, and those skills do seem to dovetail with their do-it-yourself- mentality. IDK, but it just  seems that JB and M were too busy trying to keep their collective heads above water taking care of blessings, that they never really got around to teaching the majority of their kids anything useful or marketable in the real world. Such a CF and it’s really sad when you see the next generation making the same mistakes.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, calliopecassandra said:

I don't actually but I think episode 2 was on last night and I'm getting ready to watch so if they say, I'll report back

It's actually not on until Tuesday. I guess they put 2 weeks between episodes. I'm recording it.

5 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

than three or four kids each... it’ll be impossible for JB and Michelle to spend lots of time to really closely get to know all grandkids then. 

So kinda like how it was with THEIR kids?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I don't want to start a debate but in Lala Land, Joe and Kendra are getting ready for Addison, so Garrett is just over a year. He looks like a little guy to me. He shouldn't be front facing right? My niece and nephew were both around 2, though he met the weight earlier. My friend's daughter turned her daughter around right at a year and that little girl is very petite so there's no way she meets weight :( . My nephew was just two in June so I know the rules haven't changed. I hope none of them get into accidents :(

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

The “rules” vary by state. As far as I can tell, the law in Arkansas is any kid under six years/60 pounds has to be in a car seat or booster seat. There is no specific law regarding rear facing in the state. As long as Garret meets the minimum weight for the forward facing seat, it’s legal. 

The guideline for general safety, regardless of legal requirement, is to keep kids rear facing as long as possible. Ideally, until they hit the maximum weight limit of their rear facing seat. At a minimum, I would leave kids rear facing until their second birthday.

I assume Joe and Kendra switch Garrett to front facing so they wouldn’t have to buy yet another car seat in short succession. If they kept Garrett rear facing when Addison was born, they would have needed a second rear facing seat and still would need a front facing seat within a year. Of course, with baby #3 on the way, they have to buy another seat anyway.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I just watched the Addison birth episode and actually felt for Kendra because that looked like a really rough labor. I actually thought maybe they would wait for #3 for awhile just to give Kendra time to recover. I could not imagine back to back to back pregnancies! 

They are not going to be the Little Duggar Family for very long at this rate! Also what does Joe do? He works at the car lot, right?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

What does Joe do again? Fools around with the used car stuff? Geeze.

C'mon Ms. Pastor Caldwell - HAVE THAT TALK

Also, I think after Joy has her baby, we will hear from Jessa and Anna.

Just a feeling.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I think most of today’s car seats operate both forward and rear facing, and can accommodate both an infant, toddler and for many, a pre-schooler.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I think we’re reading into the “surprised” thing a little too much. It’s just what people say - like how are you, oh I’m good! Doesn’t matter if you actually are, it’s just the form. They must surely understand the mechanics of baby making now ?

I think every woman just has a pace her body sets for baby making, and Kendra’s pace is turbo. I think if anyone was surprised it happened this fast, it’s us!

Edited by Kayleigh83
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Kayleigh83 said:

I think every woman just has a pace her body sets for baby making, and Kendra’s pace is turbo. I think if anyone was surprised it happened this fast, it’s us!

That would make a great thread name?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, mpheels said:

The “rules” vary by state. As far as I can 

The guideline for general safety, regardless of legal requirement, is to keep kids rear facing as long as possible. Ideally, until they hit the maximum weight limit of their rear facing seat. At a minimum, I would leave kids rear facing until their second birthday.

I didn't realize there wasn't a national guideline since I don't have human kids. Tyvm!

• Upvote 2

Now I’m thinking about the three-under-three, etc. Michelle and Jim Bob had:

* 3 under three from 1/12/90-3/3/91(barely missing 4 under 3, as Jill was born about ten weeks after Josh turned three)

* 4 under 4 from 12/21/93-1/12/94 (from here on we discount Josh, unless the date range ends with 3/3)

* They just missed 5 under 5 when Joe was born 10 days after the twins turned five. (I’m exhausted just typing that.)

* 6 under 6 from 1/20/95-1/12/96

* 7 under 7 from 1/20/95-3/3/95

* 8 under 8 from 10/28/97-1/12/98

* 11 under 11 from 12/30/98-3/3/99 

* 12 under 12 from 7/7/01-1/12/02

* 13 under 13 from 11/15/02-1/12/03

Michelle’s spacing got a little further apart after 2002, and she didn’t have a third set of twins, so she didn’t hit the higher numbers. Josie’s premature birth meant that she finished up with three under three for almost eight months (plus the other 15 kids in the house, and a new grandbaby).

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

That makes me tired just reading it! I think my book is in storage. Anyone remember how many kids Michelle had when she had the "laundry breakdown?" 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic