IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, Markie said:

I wonder if their reasoning was to put lifejackets on the toddlers as they might take off and fall into the water while Addison isn’t really mobile so they just held her? Hopefully they at least put a life jacket on her while they were cruising. I think the pictures shown of Addison are when the boat is docked. Very hard to figure out fundie thinking...

I think this one of those instances where we can see the issues with fundies refusing to teach critical thinking skills. Everyone can see the issue, but since they've literally been taught not to think, only to repeat what they're told, the idea that an accident could happen is beyond them. They don't know how to think or even when they might need to think about something. They've gone boating before, the babies don't swim therefore they don't need a jacket. Repeat the same as has always been done, because that's what they've been taught to do.

It's sad really.

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, Marionette said:

Having grown up in NWA and spending many summers on Beaver Lake, I thought there was a law that children under a certain age/weight were required to wear life vests. I’m not sure what the specifics of the law actually are, but I remember throwing a fit as a kid because I had to wear one but the adults made me anyway (obviously). 

One of the comments on Instagram said that there's a state law in Arkansas that children 12 and under are required to wear life jackets on boats.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

On 8/12/2020 at 2:45 PM, indianabones said:

Addison didn't wear a life jacket (fortunately the other toddlers/young kids did), and the few people who pointed it out in the comments got jumped on immediately by people calling them out for being "haters".

I'm big on life jacket safety- I spent a lot of time on boats and unless it's a huge one like a car ferry, I have a life jacket on. And I'm a good swimmer, too; it just seems stupid to me not to take an extra step for safety. Tons of people drown in my state every summer because they swim or fall into glacial melt water and go into shock and drown, and none of them were found with flotation devices.

Only in FundieLand will people who recommend safety equipment for a baby be called “haters”. I grew up on the Great Lakes. Drowning for even the most experienced swimmers is scary and sad but it does happen. Any body of water can become unexpectedly choppy, get an undertow and so on. You just never know. I’ve boogie boarded, paddle boarded and boated my whole life. My family, friends and I are team life vest the whole way. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

My opinion on infants/toddlers/non swimmers on boats and from the perspective of a former PICU nurse, WHY? Why would you need to take infants and toddlers on boats? Stay on the damn shore. I’m a good swimmer and if I’m on a small boat (IE not a ferry or cruise ship), I wear a life jacket. From age 4 we have taken our GD on boat rides in the summer. She knows that no life vest, no boat ride. Thankfully the place we rent from reinforces that rule. There is no way I’d be taking those little ones without life vests, if at all. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I’m so mad at people who claim to be pro life (pro birth more like it) but are so cavalier with the safety And security of children once they are born. :( and yes I do think it’s just two very young people without experience or critical thinking skills. babies having babies. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, EyesOpen said:

I’m so mad at people who claim to be pro life (pro birth more like it) but are so cavalier with the safety And security of children once they are born. :( and yes I do think it’s just two very young people without experience or critical thinking skills. babies having babies. 

I’ll go one further. It’s anti women’s rights and autonomy; pro-reducing women to second class citizens and relegating women to incubator, concubine status.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Kendra’s parents were there. Even if Joe and Kendra are given a pass due to their youth and inexperience, her parents are fully grown adults with eleventeen children of their own. Might one of them have said, hey guys, don’t forget that Addison needs a life jacket too. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

Kendra’s parents were there. Even if Joe and Kendra are given a pass due to their youth and inexperience, her parents are fully grown adults with eleventeen children of their own. Might one of them have said, hey guys, don’t forget that Addison needs a life jacket too. 

Tree and apple. The only life that is held up and protected is the next life.

• Upvote 10

Wasn't it determined a while ago that Kendra's parents didn't vaccinate? I mean why *would* we expect life vests? or social distancing?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Tree and apple. The only life that is held up and protected is the next life.

Or the "acorn theory".  The nut doesn't fall far from the tree.  As ExposedKnees so excellently explained above.    

And why would these folks even think twice about life jackets when Jesus is the be-all and end-all protector?       

• Upvote 6

It’s a fine line between faith and fatalism. If you believe in an all-knowing, all-powerful deity who essentially acts as puppetmaster for humans, plus believe that life on Earth is just a holding pattern while you wait for eternal life, then it becomes very easy to ignore basic safety practices. If something bad happens, it’s just God’s will.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1

Joe and Kendra were shown on the program putting Garrett in a front facing carseat prior to Addison's birth, now that he is a "big boy" and all. Maybe they take turns endangering the lives of their kids to keep it all fair in jesus' mighty name. /s

Is there a Duggar with the best overall child safety concern? Would it be Jinger? Josiah? I wonder how John and Abbie are doing with it.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Joe and Kendra were shown on the program putting Garrett in a front facing carseat prior to Addison's birth, now that he is a "big boy" and all. Maybe they take turns endangering the lives of their kids to keep it all fair in jesus' mighty name. /s

Is there a Duggar with the best overall child safety concern? Would it be Jinger? Josiah? I wonder how John and Abbie are doing with it.

I'd like to think John and Abbie might have a bit more common sense just because they are older, but I'm not betting the farm on it.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

On Bella’s birth episode, a producer asked Kendra and Joe about birth. Kendra said, “Well, I think for the girl...” Arrgh, Kendra, say “woman.”

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

https://people.com/tv/joseph-duggar-and-wife-kendra-pregnant-with-baby-number-3/

My goodness. Just turned 22 and pregnant with her third child. She does keep a quick pace. They're gonna end up with 20 children. Wonder if she'll still be as cheerful then. 

Weird how they announced it so close to Joy's imminent birth. I assume Joy is okay with it, since she was okay with Joe proposing at Joy's wedding. 

The DuggarData predictor expected a #3 on March 28 2021, so Kendra is only about a month too early (it predicted baby news on September 20, so Kendra is nearly spot on a month too early). 

It annoys me so much that every pregnancy is a surprise to them. I mean, you use no birth control and you have proved plenty fertile in the past. What did you expect would happen? It can't really be that surprising. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 34
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

Tie breaker? Yeah that might be cute if we knew it was going to be the last one? How many more times breaking pregnancies are we going to see. One day you will have ten of each... 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Tie breaker? Yeah that might be cute if we knew it was going to be the last one? How many more times breaking pregnancies are we going to see. One day you will have ten of each... 

endless tiebreakers......

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Just now, libgirl2 said:

endless tiebreakers......

And there is the next thread title for them!!!! Looking at endless tie breakers  

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 14

Just saw this on Tumblr, well thanks I guess Kendra and Joe for giving me something to snark about on my bday, I'm at home bored how I wouldn't have thought possible just a couple of days ago. So thanks? 

Anyway, she is a month early than Duggar data was predicting, I hope they will slow down with 3 very young kids even if I don't think they will have 3 under 3 but still... I think this will be another girl for her. Gosh if they are fertile. Just the other day I was almost sure she wasn't pregnant in the boat photos, and here she comes with an announce 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Just saw this on Tumblr, well thanks I guess Kendra and Joe for giving me something to snark about on my bday, I'm at home bored how I wouldn't have thought possible just a couple of days ago. So thanks? 

Anyway, she is a month early than Duggar data was predicting, I hope they will slow down with 3 very young kids even if I don't think they will have 3 under 3 but still... I think this will be another girl for her. Gosh if they are fertile. Just the other day I was almost sure she wasn't pregnant in the boat photos, and here she comes with an announce 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ? ????

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

And they’re surprised, yet again 

I'm always confused at why they are surprised.  Are they stupid?  Were they not taught and did not seek basic biology lessons?   I can't think of one person in my high school class that didn't know how babies got here.  And we knew how to make them not get here if we had the need.  The 'surprise!' things is just asinine.   

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic