IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

Well, first of all, I wish Kendra a healthy pregnancy. She’s still young and healthy so I guess the odds are in her favor, but in order to protect herself, she urgently needs to take measures (like NFP) after the birth of little tiebreaker. But isn’t NFP rather difficult for two young and sexually interested adults who don’t want to be abstinent during a significant portion of the month? Correct me if I’m wrong there though. 
As for JB and Michelle losing their overview of all the grand babies, I do think they still manage - for the time being. Jill only has two, Jessa has three, Jinger hasn’t even given birth to baby #2 so far, Josh, Anna, and the kids seem to hang out in the TTH a lot, Joy is about to have her second, Josiah has only one, Joe and Kendra just announced #3 today. It’ll get really difficult once more kidults are married and have more than three or four kids each... it’ll be impossible for JB and Michelle to spend lots of time to really closely get to know all grandkids then. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Dear lawd... this is even quicker than the last time, isn't it? I'm so glad I'm not a fundie.

Or just one of the many millions of women in the world who don't have regular and safe methods of birth control.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

I think many couples have had a “scare” and/or unplanned pregnancy. Many times it’s just a scare. I can’t imagine being 21 with a near 2 YO and a 6 mos old and being pregnant again. I had a scare (false) when my kids were 6 and 3. I just knew at mid 30s and with a 4 day/week job, that a 3rd would have upset the apple cart. Thankfully I was not pg. 

I wonder how much help this couple receives from her family?  I don’t think the Duggars are giving much day in day out help with the kids. 

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

...it’ll be impossible for JB and Michelle to spend lots of time to really closely get to know all grandkids then. 

I have no doubt they’re already there. I doubt either of them could even list their grandchildren in birth order at this point. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

Two odd bits

I have cousins about my age who are 9 months and three days apart.

Neighbors were expecting baby #6 and had triplets! And went on to have two more. The dad was an only child and the mom only had one brother. They planned to have 12. But stopped with only 10.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking more about losing track of who belongs to who and how old they are, not remember how many they are. I at least am starting to get lost sometimes, even if Anna graciously has made it easier with a letter them, so you know that all the M kids are hers and they are 3 boys and 3 girls for now...

Now we have 3 pregnancy confirmed out of 8 possible in total, excluding Kendra, Joy, and Jinger for obvious reasons who will be next? We could never have a break again without digger pregnant till late 2021 ? assuming that by Feb we could have Jessa pregnant, Lauren announcing or having just announced, Abby pregnant, and then it could be Jill if they are waiting for Derek, to end law school, and if some of the boys get married there will be the newlywed announce too ? 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Also, poor poor Addison. I have said this before but at this pace she will be a sister mom in a few years time. So sad.

She will be raising siblings and then raising her own many children. Happy future little one...

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 22
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Well, first of all, I wish Kendra a healthy pregnancy. She’s still young and healthy so I guess the odds are in her favor, but in order to protect herself, she urgently needs to take measures (like NFP) after the birth of little tiebreaker. But isn’t NFP rather difficult for two young and sexually interested adults who don’t want to be abstinent during a significant portion of the month? Correct me if I’m wrong there though. 

Easier than another baby ? in all seriousness though, it’s gotten a lot easier to use NFP than it used to be. I have a tempdrop arm band. I put it in every night and it monitors my temperature. When I get up in the morning I sync it. Easy peasy. Some women prefer the clear cut Marquette monitor where you pee on a stick and it tells you how fertile you are. Kendra is a pro at peeing on sticks now. The only tough part would be avoiding sex during the fertile time. They could. I don’t know, spend that time enjoying the babies they have already. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I do wonder if they are actually suprised they are having another baby. I could see Kendra thinking her natural spacing would be 2-3 years and honestly didn't realize she could get pregnant so soon. 

Do we know if she is still nursing? Addison is 6 months so guessing not exclusively. This is sad. I hope it's just one baby, not multiples. I agree, Christina needs to have the NFP talk with her if she hasn't already. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

It's not entirely in Kendra's control. I would guess she was taught to be joyfully available. Someone does have to talk to Joe. Although, if any couple could make a large family work, JoKen seems the most easy going. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

it’ll be impossible for JB and Michelle to spend lots of time to really closely get to know all grandkids then. 

They didn't even bother with their actual kids, much less grandkids.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, DLA said:

Also, poor poor Addison. I have said this before but at this pace she will be a sister mom in a few years time. So sad.

She will be raising siblings and then raising her own many children. Happy future little one...

I still hope (naively maybe) that some of the 2nd generation quiverfull families start with having a couple of kids close together but realize after four or five at the most that they need to slow down in order to have a healthy family life, a healthy mother, time to raise the kids they are and enough money to put food on the table. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, calliopecassandra said:

Do we know if she is still nursing? Addison is 6 months so guessing not exclusively. This is sad. I hope it's just one baby, not multiples. I agree, Christina needs to have the NFP talk with her if she hasn't already. 

Actually Addison is almost 10 months, she was birth the last November, and i really hope for her and Kendra's sale that they will slow down or hey at least NFP

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

My parents had four under three for 10 1/2 months...but that's because their baby no. 2 turned out to be babies nos. 2, 3 and 4! They did go on to have a fifth baby, but unsurprisingly they waited a few years for that. My younger brother is 5 1/2 years younger than me, Triplet1 and Triplet2. I don't think my parents got much sleep for the first couple of years after my sisters and I were  born, particularly as my dad was a junior doctor at the time and therefore had to work all hours under the sun. Thankfully my paternal grandparents lived nearby so I think they helped my mum out.

If you don't mind answering, were you guys natural triplets? There's a new show on TLC, I haven't seen discussed here cuz as far as we know they aren't Fundie. Doubling Down with the Derricos. They had two singles, B and G then twins I don't know gender, then and quints, twins again, which was triplets but one passed and now she's pregnant with triplets again. She claims they are natural but I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Actually Addison is almost 10 months, she was birth the last November, and i really hope for her and Kendra's sale that they will slow down or hey at least NFP

I'm sorry, I should have checked before I posted. Ty for the kind correction. OMG! Addison and new baby won't even be a year and a half apart then. 

• Upvote 1

You are welcome @calliopecassandra I just remember because of the article and because we have just seen her birth special as I think a week ago? Man, this really shows how far behind they are with the show, we have just seen her birth and now she is been promoted to big sister, poor little thing, not even a year to enjoy her parents and being the youngest before her mother is pregnant again 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

It is sad but that's what happens unfortunately when you don't prevent pregnancy. Maybe if Christina doesn't talk to her about NFP one of the girls will? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, calliopecassandra said:

If you don't mind answering, were you guys natural triplets? There's a new show on TLC, I haven't seen discussed here cuz as far as we know they aren't Fundie. Doubling Down with the Derricos. They had two singles, B and G then twins I don't know gender, then and quints, twins again, which was triplets but one passed and now she's pregnant with triplets again. She claims they are natural but I don't know. 

I'm sorry, I should have checked before I posted. Ty for the kind correction. OMG! Addison and new baby won't even be a year and a half apart then. 

Yes, entirely natural. My parents were told that the chance of that happening was one in 10,000! There was no history of multiple births on either side of the family, either, other than I think my granddad had a sibling with a stillborn/miscarried twin. I read about the Derricos a month or so ago and while it seems pretty gobsmacking that they can have SO many multiples, it's not impossible that they could all be natural. Maybe the mother has the condition where it's common to release more than one egg during ovulation? By the way do you know whether any of the Derrico multiples are identical (I can't remember)? My sisters are identical and I'm fraternal, though by coincidence I still look so much like them I sometimes have people stop me on the street in my hometown thinking I'm one of them.

Edited by Triplet3
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 5

16 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Yes, but if she is due in February, which 1 source states, Kendra conceived in May, at which time Addison was a mere 6 months old. No shaming here, but a I don’t think Kendra breast feeds very long, if at all. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, indianabones said:

How can you be surprised by a pregnancy when you don't use birth control?!?!?

Same with couples who say they don’t use birth control, have sex but aren’t planning for a baby. Like, what do you expect to happen? 

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

Maybe they were surprised by this pregnancy because Kendra never got her period back. It's definitely possible she got pregnant the first time she ovulated after giving birth to Addison.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

the way do you know whether any of the Derrico multiples are identical (I can't remember)? My sisters are identical and I'm fraternal, though by coincidence I still look so much like them I sometimes have people stop me on the street in my hometown thinking I'm one of them.

I don't actually but I think episode 2 was on last night and I'm getting ready to watch so if they say, I'll report back

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Breastfeeding as birth control loses its effectiveness once your baby starts eating solids, if you pump, if you supplement with formula, if you get your period, and if your baby isn’t nursing around the clock.

Kendra could’ve still be breastfeeding, it’s just not a super reliable bc method after the first 6 months. A lot of people think it is and they’re super surprised when they get pregnant. I’ve seen it happen a few times. That’s why reproductive educations is important. Same with getting pregnant before your period comes back. There’s a very reasonable explanation behind it but people don’t get it. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I still hope (naively maybe) that some of the 2nd generation quiverfull families start with having a couple of kids close together but realize after four or five at the most that they need to slow down in order to have a healthy family life, a healthy mother, time to raise the kids they are and enough money to put food on the table. 

I hope so.

I can see that happening for some of 2nd gens. I think (just a feeling) chances of not having double digits kids are higher if one of the parents is not originally from a quiverfull family and/or the girl has no easy time being pregnant or giving birth.  Thinking of Abby with her HG-pregnancy or Jill with the emergency c-sections. Also, Austin, for example, I can't see being into fathering 15+ children.

But Kendra seems like a smooth baby machine and both families will only be cheering them on having more children, even if they can't handle of support them. And they never seen anything else while growing up.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I forget which thread it was, but there was a recent discussion about which Duggar male was the most tolerable. JD and Joe both seemed to be the consensus, and I do think that Joe, ignorant as he is, is more of an aw-shucks simpleton than he is actively malicious. Same with Kendra. Unfortunately, that means they'll just keep popping them out because they don't know any better, and they've both been raised to have as many children as possible before her uterus conks out. It makes me kind of sad for them, especially Kendra because she's so young, but more sad for all the potential kids. Joe should remember the hard times in the Duggar family before TLC came along, but I don't think he has enough critical thinking skills to try to avoid that for his own family.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic