IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 14: Who's Addison? They're all Becoming a Giant Blur to Me.

HerNameIsBuffy

So why aren’t the family honest? ‘Our state doesn’t have a stay at home order so we’re not doing anything differently-church, family nights, picnics, having friends over- it’s all OK with us’.

Instead we get tips on haircuts, distance learning music lessons & Anna going on about being ‘cooped up’. 
I assume the only reason they greeted Israel through the window is because Jill & Derick wouldn’t let them in. 
I know they lie about lots of things- but they need to be called out on this. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

So why aren’t the family honest? ‘Our state doesn’t have a stay at home order so we’re not doing anything differently-church, family nights, picnics, having friends over- it’s all OK with us’.

Instead we get tips on haircuts, distance learning music lessons & Anna going on about being ‘cooped up’. 
I assume the only reason they greeted Israel through the window is because Jill & Derick wouldn’t let them in. 

I think it’s possible all the married couples may be handling it differently. I’m seeing that in some people I know. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I think it’s possible all the married couples may be handling it differently. I’m seeing that in some people I know. 

so far we’ve seen Joe, Josiah, Josh and their families gather at the ‘family night’, Joe  & Josh et al were at the church and Joe & Kendra appears to be hanging out with her parents. Joy has been on a picnic with non household members and they did that Freedomist thing where they discussed how they coped with ‘quarantine’ while huddled in a studio.

it seems the ones that married people with a proper education are doing the sensible thing. 

• Upvote 8

I literally cannot tell Garrett from his uncle. The Caldwells posted pictures of a baby and idk which one it is. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Idlewild said:

And I am pretty sure that they know its not "ok" (from societies view) to be hanging out in big groups. 

Otherwise why pull the instagram pretty much instantly of the family games night, with non family members....Looking at you Anna.

Because she was getting blow back on it. Now they hide the  fact that they hang out. As an above poster said. Use the state law as your reason to hang out. 

Fuck me if one of them get it, I don't wanna hear any by the grace of god they survived, shit...... 

No by (pretty much) your own stupidity you caught it.

I have to wonder if Gma Mary was alive if they would be being so cavalier with her elderly health. 

Most probably, Hopefully Mary wouldnt have been and would have holed safely up at her Daughter's (assuming she is not being a moron.

Gma Mary most prob would have been a moron too. I have been watching the news and seeing the mass churches still going. One lady was in her car being interviewed and kept repeating to every question  "I am washed in the blood, I am safe" or words to that effect. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap her. I can see GMa mary being like that.

• Upvote 11

• 3 months later...

Screenshot_20200812-113836.png.cb2a884317d78d3ade980bd15fafbf33.png

The Caldwell family, JoKen, and James Duggar took their boat out on a lake for Kendra's birthday the other day.

Addison didn't wear a life jacket (fortunately the other toddlers/young kids did), and the few people who pointed it out in the comments got jumped on immediately by people calling them out for being "haters".

I'm big on life jacket safety- I spent a lot of time on boats and unless it's a huge one like a car ferry, I have a life jacket on. And I'm a good swimmer, too; it just seems stupid to me not to take an extra step for safety. Tons of people drown in my state every summer because they swim or fall into glacial melt water and go into shock and drown, and none of them were found with flotation devices.

Edited by indianabones
Lost my ability to spell today...
  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, indianabones said:

The Caldwell family, JoKen, and James Duggar took their boat out on a lake for Kendra's birthday the other day.

Addison didn't wear a lifejacket (fortunately the other toddlers/young kids did), and the few people who pointed it out in the comments got jumped on immediately by people calling them out for being "haters".

I'm big on lifejacket safety- I spent a lot of time on boats and unless it's a huge one like a car ferry, I have a lifejacket on. And I'm a good swimmer, too; it just seems to stupid to me not to take an extra step for safety. Tons of people drown in my state every summer because they swim or fall into glacial melt water and go into shock and drown, and none of them were found with floatation devices.

No life jacket and no hat in that bright sun?  what's wrong with these people?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 16

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

No life jacket and no hat in that bright sun?  what's wrong with these people?

really i don't think they are thinking any further then that. Its republican as can get, the unborn is holy the born is on its own. Grow up little one, grow up real fast. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

the kid in the sunglasses looks like a 12 year old James. Addy looks like she could be on e of the M girls.

1 hour ago, Sabine said:

.really i don't think they are thinking any further then that. Its republican as can get, the unborn is holy the born is on its own. Grow up little one, grow up real fast. 

Oh yeah, this is a bit like part of the huge blow out I had w/ my right wing trumper father and his c^%$ wife. The poor baybaies! Until they are living breathing tax needing humans then screw them.  I may have enjoyed telling the wife to fuck off a little TOO MUCH. 

I regret NOTHING.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

Addison didn't wear a life jacket (fortunately the other toddlers/young kids did), and the few people who pointed it out in the comments got jumped on immediately by people calling them out for being "haters".

I'm big on life jacket safety- I spent a lot of time on boats and unless it's a huge one like a car ferry, I have a life jacket on. And I'm a good swimmer, too; it just seems stupid to me not to take an extra step for safety. Tons of people drown in my state every summer because they swim or fall into glacial melt water and go into shock and drown, and none of them were found with flotation devices.

That was the first thing I wondered too. No way in hell would my baby be on that boat with no life jacket. None available in her size? Then she stays on dry land thank you. Imagine a drowning mummy did you like me best because I had a jacket and she didn’t? Who does that?? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

Um. There are life vests for newborns. I hope no one is saying there isn’t one for her size. There absolutely are and yes we boat and every. Person. Wears a life vest every. Time. Last week we frickin rescued a family with their boat sinking and only their kids were jn life vests and were up to their chests in water when we got them off. This shit is no joke at all. Sorry: this makes me ragey 

• Upvote 28
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

Um. There are life vests for newborns. I hope no one is saying there isn’t one for her size. There absolutely are and yes we boat and every. Person. Wears a life vest every. Time. Last week we frickin rescued a family with their boat sinking and only their kids were jn life vests and were up to their chests in water when we got them off. This shit is no joke at all. Sorry: this makes me ragey 

Oh I didn’t mean they didn’t make them in her size but just more that there wasn’t one there that day. But honestly the way these people pop out babies there should be multiple sizes readily available. As one kid grows out of one it gets handed down. They should have a few left over in every size every visit. I have boated once in my daughters life and I still manage to have three size jackets between the two of us. Between buying and hand me downs. 
Edit to add. It’s not like buying a newborn jacket isn’t a good investment. I am sure it will get lots of use before it’s retired for safety age,  wear and tear issues. 
Another edit to add. I would make sure I had purchased a jacket for my baby before any boating trips. It’s not like it was not a planned trip. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

We kayak, and we mostly go along the shore of the lake because it's more interesting. We could probably walk to the shore and not be above our waists. We still wear life jackets, as does the dog. You never know what can go wrong.

ETA The boy with her should also be wearing a jacket. Who is that?

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

In the birthday pics Kendra looks SO YOUNG and then I remember she is. and already a mom of 2. No employment, no college, no finding oneself in the big city or backpacking in Europe...just homeschool graduation to wedding to babies immediately. She never got to learn about herself or think critically about what she wants to take and leave from her family home. 

I know that was the point but it's so so sad.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

So it was weird because Garrett had a life jacket but not Addison??

I think so personally. Phhhhmmmm I think I’ll give one child a better chance to live than another... Her reasoning could have been that he walks and she doesn’t.(if that’s the case).  So he was in more danger. My reasoning is accidents happen. Walking or not. 
let’s put it this way. Would it weird for him to be in a car seat and not her? 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Missing word.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

So it was weird because Garrett had a life jacket but not Addison??

Insanely weird. But these people are morons and most likely though that someone would be holding Addy the whole time so she wouldn't need one.  That isn't how that works but then, as I said, these people are morons and don't really know how much works. I'm sure they also feel that if they die they die it is republican Jebus's will. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

And how about social distancing? These fools.

You don't need to social distance or listen to medical experts when you're anointed with the blood of Jesus. ? /S

Edited by dolcez
Grammar and things
  • Upvote 7

I know someone who is a college educated professional who posted a picture of their baby on a boat in their carseat ? 

I don't know what some people are thinking

• Disgust 1
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 6

I wonder if their reasoning was to put lifejackets on the toddlers as they might take off and fall into the water while Addison isn’t really mobile so they just held her? Hopefully they at least put a life jacket on her while they were cruising. I think the pictures shown of Addison are when the boat is docked. Very hard to figure out fundie thinking...

• Upvote 2

Another possible rationale - they may have taken the toddlers in the water, either to swim (reasonably safe) or to ride on the tube (terribly unsafe, but clearly child safety doesn’t matter). If Addison wasn’t going in the water, they don’t see the need for a life jacket. They don’t think through the unexpected or unplanned, so it honestly doesn’t occur to them that bad things happen.

• Upvote 7

Having grown up in NWA and spending many summers on Beaver Lake, I thought there was a law that children under a certain age/weight were required to wear life vests. I’m not sure what the specifics of the law actually are, but I remember throwing a fit as a kid because I had to wear one but the adults made me anyway (obviously). 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 unlocked and locked this topic