IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 6: So Boring I Couldn't Find a Funny Quote

HerNameIsBuffy

On 10/17/2020 at 12:09 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I'm 100% pro masks, but wearing for an outdoors picture, when there is anybody near? Even if there is someone taking pics, it's safe.

Josie and Kelton wear masks in other pictures. I think they follow the rules (at least, in IG).

People in the blue areas of the state are wearing masks outside as well. I can’t remember what our specific mask mandate is, but I’d much rather be safe than sorry. My daughter had a fairly mild case, and it was no picnic. She’s still feeling effects of the illness two months later.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

I don't wear my mask outdoors all the time either.  I wear it when I'm indoors in public. I wear it when I'm outdoors in public. My roommates and I go for walks. We take the mask off if it's just us. We put it on when other people are approaching. My general rule of thumb is if I'm around people I don't live with, I wear the mask. 

• Upvote 14

I only leave my mask off outdoors when I'm walking somewhere with very few people. Given that where I live is high density, that doesn't happen very often... I usually have a mask on. Not worth me and subsequently my whole family getting sick. Wearing a mask is such a simple thing, especially if you have comfortable ones.

Oh, and I was at Cannon Beach a week after Josie. I wore my mask the whole time. I even took a selfie on the beach with it ?

IMG_20200925_110451643.thumb.jpg.2ec1567c3a8b932a4e09e3c5d378de4e.jpg

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 19
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think she was giving hints of a pregnancy in her IG story.  She had Willow playing with a pregnancy book. 

Her IG story today is a throw back photo to autumn 2018 when she was newly pregnant with Willow but hadn’t announced it. I have a feeling that she is newly pregnant with baby number 2. If this is true at least the age gap will be closer to 2 years which is a good thing (imho).

• Upvote 11

13 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Her IG story today is a throw back photo to autumn 2018 when she was newly pregnant with Willow but hadn’t announced it. I have a feeling that she is newly pregnant with baby number 2. If this is true at least the age gap will be closer to 2 years which is a good thing (imho).

In the same IG story she had a rainbow ring on her finger. I've seen that same ring on a couple (non-fundie) women pregnant with a rainbow baby. Not sure if it means anything, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was pregnant again. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

I don't know how to link to instagram but somehow Josie landed a partnership with Pampers....

Well, now she HAS to keep having babies!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, indianabones said:

Well, now she HAS to keep having babies!

Do these companies not do their research before partnering? I quick google could have easily brought them here. Or to any valuable information with regards to who’s she actually is.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 10/28/2020 at 9:01 PM, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Do these companies not do their research before partnering? I quick google could have easily brought them here. Or to any valuable information with regards to who’s she actually is.

What do you mean? Wouldn't this be *good* for pampers? Target the people who have 8+ kids each.....forever pampers....

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

So either Josie's daughter Willow is sick and Josie took the opportunity to try to sell natural organic cold products or she is pretending Willow is sick so she can sell the natural organic cold products. This is all on her IG stream.  I find either thing to be really off putting. I guess using your kid when they're sick is just too far for me...or pretending their sick to sell something. Yuck. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

So either Josie's daughter Willow is sick and Josie took the opportunity to try to sell natural organic cold products or she is pretending Willow is sick so she can sell the natural organic cold products. This is all on her IG stream.  I find either thing to be really off putting. I guess using your kid when they're sick is just too far for me...or pretending their sick to sell something. Yuck. 

Yeah, I actually thought she was asking for advice then it turned into an add. I thought it was weird when she kept saying things like Willow's had a good teething experience

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Yeah, I actually thought she was asking for advice then it turned into an add. I thought it was weird when she kept saying things like Willow's had a good teething experience

Same thing. I thought oh the poor lady, she is asking for advice, she has a miserable kid right now, and then boom...add...And she hasn't shown Willow once so I doubt she is sick. If she was sick, we'd get video of it. 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Same thing. I thought oh the poor lady, she is asking for advice, she has a miserable kid right now, and then boom...add...And she hasn't shown Willow once so I doubt she is sick. If she was sick, we'd get video of it. 

I actually thought her not showing Willow was fine, I figured if she showed Willow not feeling well she would get criticized for filming and not taking care fo her. But now that I think about she might have not shown her because she's not sick.

I don't know how being sick with babies work, but Josie just posted another add less than 24 hours ago with Willow playing with those Panda crates that the Bates girls promote, She did not seem sick in that.

• Upvote 8

I 100% think she's pretending Willow is sick to make the ad seems more natural/incorporated. As soon as she started talking I was like.... this is going to turn out to be an ad.How likely is it that Willow gets sick at the same time she's got to advertise this stuff? Also, if Willow really has cold symptoms, would there not be a concern about Covid? I would be too scared to be worried about getting my baby's sickness sponsored.

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, raayx01 said:

She lies.

Willow had a bad teething experience, which Josie shared in IG several times. 

Also, time ago Josie made an ad about a machine that makes babies sleep better. She said they were using that, Willow slept great etc. Another lie: she has implied a lot of times how exhausted she was because the sleepless nights.

The other day I was looking at the IG of a mom who claims to nurse/cuddle/babycarry all the day. She posts herself with babycarries all the time, indoors and outdoors. But then, she explained how her newborn sleeped sooooo well alone in the crib, and so many hours. Ok no. A extremely attached nursing newborn does not magically un-attach for nights. But mom had to earn her bucks advertising a "sleep expert". 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 11/14/2020 at 9:48 AM, Melissa1977 said:

She lies.

Willow had a bad teething experience, which Josie shared in IG several times. 

Also, time ago Josie made an ad about a machine that makes babies sleep better. She said they were using that, Willow slept great etc. Another lie: she has implied a lot of times how exhausted she was because the sleepless nights.

The other day I was looking at the IG of a mom who claims to nurse/cuddle/babycarry all the day. She posts herself with babycarries all the time, indoors and outdoors. But then, she explained how her newborn sleeped sooooo well alone in the crib, and so many hours. Ok no. A extremely attached nursing newborn does not magically un-attach for nights. But mom had to earn her bucks advertising a "sleep expert". 

It’s crazy isn’t it? Do they think their fans aren’t interested in them enough to realise it’s a lie? Do they just not care (reality probably proves them right)? People still have memories...., at least reference that- there is no harm in admitting something didn’t work perfectly or only for a short amount of time. But in my opinion 97% of the ads you see on SM are disingenuous. 

• Upvote 5

She finally showed Willow laying next to her holding a bottle and talked about how the poor thing is sick.  But I don't know, maybe Willow was just feeding and has no idea her mother is advertising organic cold medicine. 

Considering how many people in her family seem to have caught Covid, I'd think she'd be more nervous if Willow was actually sick. 

• Upvote 3

She's now selling hair accessories,  lol, didn't realize scrunchies are back in style again!?? 

Back in the day I loved them!?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

She's now selling hair accessories,  lol, didn't realize scrunchies are back in style again!?? 

Back in the day I loved them!?

I didn't know they weren't in style anymore.  I have wild hair that is pulled back 99% of the time.  I have never stopped using them.  What do trendy people use now instead of scrunchies?  Or is it ponytails that are no longer fashionable? (serious question, I am oblivious, lol)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I didn't know they weren't in style anymore.  I have wild hair that is pulled back 99% of the time.  I have never stopped using them.  What do trendy people use now instead of scrunchies?  Or is it ponytails that are no longer fashionable? (serious question, I am oblivious, lol)

Lol, I'm old and my fashionable, trendy days are long past. Have no idea what the latest trend is (obviously, lol), I just use hair rubber bands ?.  I assume ponytails are still in style, but what do I know...??‍♀️?‍♀️

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Yeah, I'm pretty sure scrunchies stopped being fashionable by the late 90s.  I guess they're back as part of everything 90s coming back. 

This is just a totally subjective judgment, but it's so painful to watch everything coming back that I wore as a young teen and then spent the next 10 years being horribly embarrassed about. I guess that says less about the trends themselves and more about the power of the fashion industry to convince people that what they wore 10 years ago was hideous but then bring the same stuff back 10 years after that (after you've finally gotten rid of all your original things). Works great to keep us buying new stuff. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure scrunchies stopped being fashionable by the late 90s.  I guess they're back as part of everything 90s coming back. 

This is just a totally subjective judgment, but it's so painful to watch everything coming back that I wore as a young teen and then spent the next 10 years being horribly embarrassed about. I guess that says less about the trends themselves and more about the power of the fashion industry to convince people that what they wore 10 years ago was hideous but then bring the same stuff back 10 years after that (after you've finally gotten rid of all your original things). Works great to keep us buying new stuff. 

I see cropped sweaters are in fashion again as well.  I admit I do like them only because I have an extremely short torso so on me many of them look normal as opposed to cropped.

• Upvote 2

I know the quality is probably crap, but the accessories from her store are very cute. I didn't order any but I might try to find some of those barrettes from a different source!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I think that scrunchies have been in for a year or two now. I think they are popular with teenagers/2000s kids (i.e., people not born in the nineties). My aunt once said that trends come and go a few times but you only wear them once. ? There are some trends that I will never wear again and others that I’ll probably wear forever (high-waisted jeans being one of them).
But thanks to COVID I have no idea what’s in style anymore. 

• Upvote 8

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic