IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 6: So Boring I Couldn't Find a Funny Quote

HerNameIsBuffy

Ok tell me I’m not the only one please. All I see is a knotty teased mounded mess. I get what the overall look is meant to be, and I would like it. I just don’t think it’s executed well. Or maybe my preference is for a “neater” morencombed boho look. All I can think is, that’s gunna be a bitch to brush out. Lol all back combing is. But this is not hiding what you’re in for. 

on another note looks like Josie is working. She must be the hair role in this  wedding equation. 

F7A882EC-E5CA-4570-B826-F6CC560D19FE.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Yeah the video I watched was all back-combing too and I had the same thought. I don’t think it looks great, and brushing it out is gonna be painful. Is it really worth it to get a little extra volume? But then again, I’ve always had big hair and am more concerned with making it flatter than trying to build it up, so I guess it’s not a need I’ll ever understand.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 8:43 AM, donnal said:

Yeah the video I watched was all back-combing too and I had the same thought. I don’t think it looks great, and brushing it out is gonna be painful. Is it really worth it to get a little extra volume? But then again, I’ve always had big hair and am more concerned with making it flatter than trying to build it up, so I guess it’s not a need I’ll ever understand.

Totally agree most of my time is spent trying to control the volume.

The thing about these looks- like her wedding hair -is they don't hold so it just falls into looking flat and matted. 

Edited by byzant
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, byzant said:

The thing about these looks- like her wedding hair -is they don't hold so it just falls into looking flat and matted. 

Yeah I have very flat, thin curly hair and have tried a couple of her styles she’s posted. They all require way too many rubber elastics that absolutely destroy my hair and the back combing makes my hair look like a matted mess. There’s only one that’s worked and it’s a low bun. She still back combs her hair in that video too, but the style looks way better without it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Josie. If you are going to try and sell stuff could you iron or steam it first? I never iron anything but I also never try and sell anything. Also that bloody rope belt???? Wtf is she going to lynch someone, going boating? No one needs that much rope. I would piss my pants before I got that rope and romper off? 

Spoiler

5AC57CC0-64EE-4D1F-9B1C-BE83944662FC.thumb.png.0adfaa516a6946d20dc35db05ed50a69.png

Spoiler

65720022-5312-4194-A096-638E5DD7AC5F.thumb.png.3d4c1037bb6e94ddfa75fb3df22f5b68.png

Spoiler

F6C68236-8CBD-4195-8722-6E38A8ED40CE.thumb.png.ae9d1abcd02b6baf938d5c407c114cfb.png

• Upvote 10

The green dress is flattering in shape if not necessarily color. That blue thing in the middle looks like she threw on a man's t-shirt by mistake. That's even more WTF to me than the rope, though that is pretty dumb. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

The sandals distracted me.  They’re flat and make her legs look really short.

• Upvote 4

Also 89 quid for a polyester dress is ridiculous. I like the green dress but why would anyone pay that for sweaty man made fibre when their are loads of alternatives . 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

That middle one looks like the nightgowns I wore as a kid.  I think I actually had one in that shade of green...

• Upvote 7

The second dress is not a dress. It's a long boyfriend T-shirt. Maybe with a belt can look like a dress, but definitely not in the picture.

The green one is nice but she's always so beige that bright green looks weird on her. 

The first one fits her.  Minus the rope, of course.

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

Willow has managed to achieve a good target for any fundie baby: she turned 1 without her parents announcing a pregnancy.

Duggar Data initially predicted a second child this month (!!!) as Willow was clearly a honeymoon baby, so I'm very very quietly happy for everyone in that family, as they are able to enjoy Willow's babyhood for longer as a solo child. I don't expect Josie and Kelton will stop at one, but I cautiously hope that the children will be reasonably spaced.

Given that Josie and Kelton both have businesses of their own (Josie as a stylist, Kelton as a plumber), I hope they find a happy medium between children and work.

• Upvote 22

5 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Willow has managed to achieve a good target for any fundie baby: she turned 1 without her parents announcing a pregnancy.

Duggar Data initially predicted a second child this month (!!!) as Willow was clearly a honeymoon baby, so I'm very very quietly happy for everyone in that family, as they are able to enjoy Willow's babyhood for longer as a solo child. I don't expect Josie and Kelton will stop at one, but I cautiously hope that the children will be reasonably spaced.

Given that Josie and Kelton both have businesses of their own (Josie as a stylist, Kelton as a plumber), I hope they find a happy medium between children and work.

Josie posted that they wanted to wait 1 or 2 years before having a child, but obviously didn't know how to do it... Maybe after their honeymoon baby, a hard delivery and a fussy baby, they would manage to learn about birth control. Josie looks so thin and tired... And I don't see Kelton willing/ready to have a big family. 

But an announcement wouldn't surprise me, though.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Is possible that they are not having sex so often now since both of them work and have a little baby at home to take care of, maybe both are too tired at the end of the day to engage in sweet fellowship so often. I only wish they wait a little bit more before having another one, even just a couple of months of delay will be good, they will enjoy more Willow being little, and there will be less enforcement for stiffing her personality hopefully since there will be no other baby that require the parent's attention 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I dunno, I expect an announcement from Josie every day. They won't slow down in the slightest unless her figure starts to change. (Which it clearly didn't with the first baby.)

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I dunno, I expect an announcement from Josie every day. They won't slow down in the slightest unless her figure starts to change. (Which it clearly didn't with the first baby.)

I agree. We have zero evidence that they will slow down. The next Bates baby announcement will probably happen by the end of August. 

• Upvote 10

15 hours ago, neurogirl said:

While she stayed slender through her pregnancy with Willow, she's doing that typical photo thing where she has Willow in front of her or is wearing baggier clothing. Much as I wish it wasn't so, I wouldn't be surprised by an announcement. 

• Upvote 4

I've been expecting announcements from Josie, Whitney, Erin, and Alyssa. These are the next four I expect to be pregnant. 

• Upvote 4

Per Duggar Data:

6–09–20   Josie + Kelton Balka announce Pregnancy #2.
06–13–20   Alyssa + John Webster announce Pregnancy #4.  (Late!)

Nothing new expected through November for Whitney or Erin.

• Upvote 7

On 7/21/2020 at 9:26 PM, FaithAndReason said:

I've been expecting announcements from Josie, Whitney, Erin, and Alyssa. These are the next four I expect to be pregnant. 

Replace Whitney with Carlin and I'd say I'm there with you. 

• Upvote 4

At this point Carlin exists to make infertile women feel worse. Lord, I hope she's not pregnant again already. 

• Upvote 1

After watching her last Instagram I fear she might be pregnant already or she will be very soon. Ugh I was hoping that the medical problem they have had with Layla would have slow them down, I guess I was too mundane (you know Jesus will protect us and all that stuff)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Every time one of them posts with those ugly dresses from their boutique I'm guilty of looking for a baby bump ?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 7/22/2020 at 3:26 AM, FaithAndReason said:

Alyssa just posted a video a few days ago that she was tested and is now considered cured of her heart problem so i think she  will be the next one to get pregnant, they mentioned previously that they were just waiting for the doctors all clear to get pregnant again.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Bobology said:

This is kind of out of nowhere, but what is Kelton's middle name?

I believe Kelton’s middle name is Edward

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic