IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 6: So Boring I Couldn't Find a Funny Quote

HerNameIsBuffy

2+ years is a pretty common spacing but if she wouldn’t have suffered the miscarriage the gap would be much smaller. The current gap is definitely not by choice. 
What I don’t get is the relieve so that Willow had “decent amount of one on one time”. I mean only a first child ever has that. I’d like to believe all second or even further down the line children are not damaged by the fact they never had this. Or those poor twins. 
The real problem is that Fundies get so many children that they cannot meet the needs of them. And I highly doubt that two years will make that big of a difference if we look at the big picture. Bigger gaps help with as they mean less children but even then, the ones they have still grow up in a environment that reduces them to numbers (to show how godly their parents are, breeding an army for Jesus - or against others aka everyone else). 
As long as those couples cannot pull their heads out of their arse and find a reason to limit their family size they can happily accept in their heads they will only ever crave more. As long as there is this layer of a Quiverfull mindset (if they consciously follow it or not) it makes almost no difference if it’s one or two years. I think only from three years onwards you could see a real benefit and only if it’s a consistent spacing (due to nature, problems or choice). But I think Balka no. 3 will show up much quicker.

On another note- I don’t get the hate for the muted colours? It’s not as if everything is beige, brown and white. I absolutely understand that not everyone likes muted colours (even hates them) but it sometimes reads as if Willow suffers somehow just because her environment at home and her clothes and toys aren’t extremely brightly coloured. (I actually bet that we just don’t ever get to see her bright pink plastic toys because it would destroy the highly curated Insta feed.)

• Upvote 10

17 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

2+ years is a pretty common spacing but if she wouldn’t have suffered the miscarriage the gap would be much smaller. The current gap is definitely not by choice. 

If she hadn't miscarried, she said baby #2 would have been due in March, so depending on when in March she was due, and when in June she is due, the gap is only a few months longer than it would have been. I think 20 months and 23 months are both within the normal spacing range. I don't think you can really figure out a pattern until at least baby #3 or #4. I have no reason to believe that Josie and Kelton have prevented/will prevent; I doubt they will. But I know plenty of non-fundies who had their first two children 18 or 20 months apart by choice. 

• Upvote 2

@just_ordinary I think that one of the reasons why many of us feel relief for Willow to be a single child for a little bit more time is also because she will be the head sister mom soon if they keep popping out kids every year or so, look at Alyss's kids, she is already beating on insta about how all her hard work has paid and Allie is such a good sister mom who could not only dress herself but also help the younger two. We know that KJ was used to assign buddies to the yet to be born new blessing. 

I guess that two years aren't many but better than a year or so like Tori's kids, Kade isn't even 3 and he will soon have two younger siblings who will need mommy attention, I know that it seems that the male kids aren't full substitute parents like the girls, but still if the Balkas have #3 a year or a year and a half after the birth of #2 Willow will still have had more time to grow and have some attention by her parents. 

Obviously, the problem with fundies is the constant rush to the next blessing, another kid, another way to show how better they are than everybody else, so if they are forced somehow to slow down is better for the current kid/kids 

• Upvote 8

@Italiangirl I actually think the opposite is true. The older Willow is when her siblings arrives the faster they can dump them on her. If she is still young she gets less attention but at least the parents still have to do the parenting chores. When you have bigger gaps they are way more self sufficient and can help out more. A one to two year old can only do so much (maybe bring things) while a four or older child not only can entertain themselves for a much longer amount of time, but also dress themselves, most are out of nappies, can do small chores around the house and so on. If I would be in for tons of children and not wanting to have too much parenting work I would start early but go for a 3-4 year spacing. Starting at 20 with at least 15 good fertile years left that is still 5 children (way more than average than what is normal in my country). And the second number 3 is around number 1 would actually be able to really take over (following their logic here).

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

@just_ordinary I think that one of the reasons why many of us feel relief for Willow to be a single child for a little bit more time is also because she will be the head sister mom soon if they keep popping out kids every year or so, look at Alyss's kids, she is already beating on insta about how all her hard work has paid and Allie is such a good sister mom who could not only dress herself but also help the younger two. We know that KJ was used to assign buddies to the yet to be born new blessing. 

I guess that two years aren't many but better than a year or so like Tori's kids, Kade isn't even 3 and he will soon have two younger siblings who will need mommy attention, I know that it seems that the male kids aren't full substitute parents like the girls, but still if the Balkas have #3 a year or a year and a half after the birth of #2 Willow will still have had more time to grow and have some attention by her parents. 

Obviously, the problem with fundies is the constant rush to the next blessing, another kid, another way to show how better they are than everybody else, so if they are forced somehow to slow down is better for the current kid/kids 

I don’t think they will have a lot of children. Kelton lost his mom from complications of child birth. I think he will at some point put his foot down. My parents were trying for child number four. After five miscarriages and my mom almost dying due to a complication post miscarriage my dad said he was done. He didn’t want to loose my mom. We know kelton is obsessed with Josie, to the point where he waited for her to come of age, he would not want to loose her. Religion or not. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

@Italiangirl I actually think the opposite is true. The older Willow is when her siblings arrives the faster they can dump them on her. If she is still young she gets less attention but at least the parents still have to do the parenting chores. When you have bigger gaps they are way more self sufficient and can help out more. A one to two year old can only do so much (maybe bring things) while a four or older child not only can entertain themselves for a much longer amount of time, but also dress themselves, most are out of nappies, can do small chores around the house and so on. If I would be in for tons of children and not wanting to have too much parenting work I would start early but go for a 3-4 year spacing. Starting at 20 with at least 15 good fertile years left that is still 5 children (way more than average than what is normal in my country). And the second number 3 is around number 1 would actually be able to really take over (following their logic here).

They use sistermoms because they get overwhelmed. And they get overwhelmed because children are too close in age. In big families, the biggest age gap, the less problems (for parents and for children). 

I highly doubt that a mom (fundie or not) who has a second baby, is going to fully pass it to her elder daughter, no matter the age of the daughter. Jana Duggar was a full mom at 8 years old, because there were several young siblings, including a toddler and a baby. But if Jill would have been born when Jana was 8, she would have been just a "helper", as big siblings in normal families are. 

I think some fundie moms are just no "motherly" at all. But many of them would be nice moms if having few children or increasing the gaps just the "breath" between them.

• Upvote 8

On 1/20/2021 at 7:02 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

I don’t think they will have a lot of children. Kelton lost his mom from complications of child birth. I think he will at some point put his foot down. My parents were trying for child number four. After five miscarriages and my mom almost dying due to a complication post miscarriage my dad said he was done. He didn’t want to loose my mom. We know kelton is obsessed with Josie, to the point where he waited for her to come of age, he would not want to loose her. Religion or not. 

But will the health risks be that severe for Josie? Right now, she is in good health since she recovered from COVID.  It may take a while for any health complications to arise that would necessitate slowing the baby train. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

But will the health risks be that severe for Josie? Right now, she is in good health since she recovered from COVID.  It may take a while for any health complications to arise that would necessitate slowing the baby train. 

She is one of the few sisters that dont have the clotting dissorder too. I mean so far only her and Alyssa dont have it, but Alyssa got the heart problems, so health wise Josie has got it pretty good actually.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Oh for some reason I thought that Tori too didn't have the clotting disorder, now I'm even more astonished that she managed to have 3 pregnancies in less than 3 years of marriage. We have to recognize that they sure are focused on their goals to outbreed the sinful world! 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Oh for some reason I thought that Tori too didn't have the clotting disorder, now I'm even more astonished that she managed to have 3 pregnancies in less than 3 years of marriage. We have to recognize that they sure are focused on their goals to outbreed the sinful world! 

Tori didn't know she had the clotting disorder until the second pregnancy. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

It was really strange how they acted around the topic actually. Years ago in the blog they had Kelly had written that all the girls in the family were tested for the dissorder, even before they were married. Then when Tori was pregnant with Kade in a facebook live someone mentioned when asked about how Tori was doing with the pregnancy that she was doing good despite having the clotting dissorder. Then in the last season of the show when she was pregnant with Kolter they faked a storyline where she went to Dr.Vick and was diagnosed with the clotting dissorder for the first time. She even went as far as to say she had no idea she needed to get tested for this lol

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

On 1/22/2021 at 6:41 PM, llucie said:

It was really strange how they acted around the topic actually. Years ago in the blog they had Kelly had written that all the girls in the family were tested for the dissorder, even before they were married. Then when Tori was pregnant with Kade in a facebook live someone mentioned when asked about how Tori was doing with the pregnancy that she was doing good despite having the clotting dissorder. Then in the last season of the show when she was pregnant with Kolter they faked a storyline where she went to Dr.Vick and was diagnosed with the clotting dissorder for the first time. She even went as far as to say she had no idea she needed to get tested for this lol

There is even more wonkiness to that story they tried to sell us. Tori originally saw Dr. Vick for her pregnancy with Kade. She had bloodwork done per that scene on BUB, as Dr. Vick told her that he would switch her nausea medication and that her progesterone was low so he was starting her on something to help. Dr. Vick then says he's heard a rumor that she and Bobby are moving. Tori confirms and says she doesn't know who she will see in Nashville and that she doesn't know if she wants a hospital birth or a home birth. Dr. Vick, who was clearly told to announce that line about her moving, looks distracted and ends the conversation. 

However, if she was seeing Dr. Vick originally, wouldn't he have tested her for the clotting disorder given the family history? Even if she couldn't name the disorder that Erin has (I always forget stuff like that), Dr. Vick would surely know and would have said something. He can't be the only doctor out there who tests for it. I had to see a different doctor while I was living in another state for six months. My regular doctor sent a note and my files to the temporary doctor who went through it. I have a hard time believing that Tori would be left high and dry without any medical history at her new (then) facility. 

Tori said when pregnant with Kolter that she had used another doctor for Kade and had not known she needed to test, but hello? Every other conversation in season one and two was about Erin's multiple miscarriages and that her pregnancy with Carson was high risk. These girls acted like this was brand new information to them. It would be more believable if Carlin and Tori simply said they know Erin has to do X, Y, and Z, but do they need to do something different. They are honestly getting to be like the Duggar girls where you wonder if they have to introduce themselves before each staged conversation. "You have 18 siblings? So do I!"

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 1/16/2021 at 8:45 AM, adidas said:

We have a Roomba, it picks up all of the dog hair. I’d highly recommend one. 

I want to get a Roomba in the future - I guess that’s why I go to uni for, so that I can get that, a dishwasher, and a dog ?

Regarding carpets, I don’t rally like carpeted areas, likely because I’m not used to it at all and don’t like that I can just vacuum clean and not clean it with water. But in New Zealand, both my apartments had carpet everywhere except in the bathroom and kitchen and it was alright. Not the choice I’d have made, but I didn’t mind too much. What I do like, however, are nice rugs. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

I want to get a Roomba in the future - I guess that’s why I go to uni for, so that I can get that, a dishwasher, and a dog ?

Regarding carpets, I don’t rally like carpeted areas, likely because I’m not used to it at all and don’t like that I can just vacuum clean and not clean it with water. But in New Zealand, both my apartments had carpet everywhere except in the bathroom and kitchen and it was alright. Not the choice I’d have made, but I didn’t mind too much. What I do like, however, are nice rugs. 

At least two multi-story apartment/condo buildings I have lived in in my life (in the Eastern US) have required a certain amount of the floor space to be covered by carpet or rugs, for sound dampening purposes. 

Carpeted bathrooms really squick me out.  Germ city. The basement bathroom of my inlaw's house (where the guest room was!) had a carpeted floor that was. always. damp.  Uggh.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3

Im curious, what happened to Taryn yaeger. Ive noticed lately that a lot of the bates have been using this Darian K girl, even some of the Duggars are using her. Taryn use to photograph everything for the bates and it seems like the only one she is still taking pictures for is Erin, Whitney and Tori. Did some rift happen or is Taryn one of those moms that happens to know a few things about a camera so she takes photos for a little side income while Darian is a full fledge photographer?

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Im curious, what happened to Taryn yaeger. Ive noticed lately that a lot of the bates have been using this Darian K girl, even some of the Duggars are using her. Taryn use to photograph everything for the bates and it seems like the only one she is still taking pictures for is Erin, Whitney and Tori. Did some rift happen or is Taryn one of those moms that happens to know a few things about a camera so she takes photos for a little side income while Darian is a full fledge photographer?

I think that Darian is way better at editing pictures and doesn’t give that awful blur/ facetune thing that Taryn does. Maybe the girls just prefer that. Darian’s photography style also has that “basic white girl” aesthetic that I think appeals to people like Josie and Carlin.

I don’t think there’s a rift though, Tori and Erin still use her and she also photographs the boutique from what I recall. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 8

Maybe Taryn has more customers now? I think there might have been a kind of business collab between her and the Bates. Cheaper rates for great exposure. If she got more popular through them I can see how she would rather take fully paid rate instead for another Bates shoot. Just the occasional to stay in good graces and get her name out there. 
Also, the current trend goes for less blurred pictures. That might definitely play a role. Just remember Carlin’s non existent nose in her engagement pictures.

• Upvote 2

On 2/1/2021 at 2:54 PM, raayx01 said:

Because they're two completely different styles of photography/editing. People use different photographers all the time depending on the look they're going for.

Taryn specializes in highly stylized newborn studio photography, with some on-location work, in what we in the photography world consider to be a "clean" editing style. She gets a lot of crap on here about the "blur" which is usually just depth of field. And the skin softening for newborn photographers is pretty much on par with how most photographers who specialize in studio newborns edit...so it's really nothing unusual. Might not be everyone's preference but for MOST people hiring a newborn photographer that's what they're looking for - especially since babies usually have red skin or other flaking, etc. 

Darian is primarily a wedding photographer, which means she has more of a natural "lifestyle" approach to her posing. Plus, her editing is more  dark & moody - with a bit of a film edit. It's very much on trend right now....especially for people who fancy themselves boho. ;)

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler
SO they have put up a fairly neutral faced photo from this i would guess girl only because I would expect a boy to be more "surprised" not because boys are better but because they already have a girl I did mean for the photo to be hidden and not the writing but many edits later and i still stuffed it 

447EDCCA-CF61-4227-98E7-D13B1778F9CB.pngso

Edited by AussieKrissy
Lord I was barely used to old fb format posting
  • Upvote 2

Kelton seemed pretty happy in her video that she posted from after their anatomy scan. That made me think it's a boy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

People on reddit seem convinced its a girl and will be called Hazel based on some leaks from her baby journal she accidentally posted on a story. Also that she suffers too from the clotting dissorder and she is allergic to the medication for it. 

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic