IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 6: So Boring I Couldn't Find a Funny Quote

HerNameIsBuffy

Reddit has screenshots from

the baby book ad Josie did recently that appears to show the sex and name (I put under the spoiler). Apparently Dr Vick also told Kelly and Gil the sex before Josie could. 

Spoiler

It looks like it’s a girl named Hazel, although it’s possible that they just thought it was a girl and would have named her Hazel: 

Link to the Reddit discussion:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/FundieSnarkUncensored/comments/lm4ghi/a_look_into_josie_bates_journal_possible_sex_and/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

9 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Josie is having a girl named Hazel Sloane

I'm surprised by Sloane for a middle name but I like it. I like Hazel too.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Sloane? I wonder is that someones maiden name somewhere along the line or is it a recognised name all on its own

• Upvote 4

Just now, AussieKrissy said:

Sloane? I wonder is that someones maiden name somewhere along the line or is it a recognised name all on its own

I know of 2 little girls name Sloane. It’s trendy right now.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

I really like Sloane.  Is that a family name? Clearly no naming pattern here. Willow is ethereal and trendy and Kristy is a family name. Whereas Hazel is old fashioned although a little bit more common (now). I prefer the kids’ name to be more similar. As an example, old fashioned vs trendy. I also prefer if 1 child is named for a family member that ALL the kids are named for someone. I dislike that all of Alyssa’s girls have family based middle names, except for Lexi. Now maybe she is named after someone in John’s family??? I sure hope so! She already is the only girl ( her mom included) without a J middle name, so I hope she isn’t the only sister not named after a family member. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 2

12 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

If Balka #2 is Hazel, future names for girls could be: Olive, Aspen, Linden, Holly, Rowan, Laurel, Juniper.

I agree. Juniper and Aspen will likely be in the running. Maybe Opal or Iris. 

• Upvote 5

I’m wondering how they will go for boys. Because they could do something different. They could use Ash, Sage, or River for a boy if they want to do a nature theme. 

• Upvote 4

As a non-native English speaker, how is ''Sloane'' supposed to be pronounced? Never heard it out loud I think. ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

As a non-native English speaker, how is ''Sloane'' supposed to be pronounced? Never heard it out loud I think. ?

rhymes with bone with the sl for slow

Sl-own

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

I like Hazel very much. Sloan surprised me.

Anyway, Hazel Sloan sounds as a professional name. A lawyer name or a business name. I don't know why it sounds like that in my mind. Hope little Hazel is allowed to have a career of some sort.

I love how Willow is so naughty-looking. Not a princess, neither a robotic toddler. I wonder if Josie will let her have her own style eventually. Do you imagine she develops a taste for bright colours? 

• Upvote 6

I like the names Hazel and Sloane. I probably wouldn't have put them together but I don't think they sound bad either. 

When I hear the name Sloane and I think of the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Edited by nvmbr02
typo
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

When I hear the name Sloane and I think of the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off

That popped into my head too?. I really loved that film and the actress playing Sloane was, imo, very pretty. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I really like Sloane.  Is that a family name? Clearly no naming pattern here. Willow is ethereal and trendy and Kristy is a family name. Whereas Hazel is old fashioned although a little bit more common (now). I prefer the kids’ name to be more similar. As an example, old fashioned vs trendy. I also prefer if 1 child is named for a family member that ALL the kids are named for someone. I dislike that all of Alyssa’s girls have family based middle names, except for Lexi. Now maybe she is named after someone in John’s family??? I sure hope so! She already is the only girl ( her mom included) without a J middle name, so I hope she isn’t the only sister not named after a family member. 

We are totally different lol, my middle names are Carol Anne. My older daughter's full name is Caroline Anne Lastname. Anne is also my mother's middle name AND my MIL's middle name. So her name is entirely after other people.*

My younger daughter's name is completely made up of names that we just liked. We did have a modified version of a family name on the list for her but once we met her we both decided the name didn't fit. I think her name suits her perfectly but I never thought of her caring about not being named after someone. Hopefully it doesn't bother her. Believe it or not I also never noticed that Lexi is the only Webster girl without a J middle name!

*Not our real names but similar example.

• Upvote 3

I wonder if they recently watched Ferris Bueller. LOL

Edit: I’m not the first person who made this comment. I need to finish reading before posting!

Edited by hollyfeller
Addition
  • Upvote 4

My first thought when I hear Sloane is Sloane Square in London and the "Sloane Rangers". It's a very British thing though, I didn't really hear about it until I lived in London. 

I think Hazel goes nicely with Willow. Both seem like very on trend names, but I think will age nicely.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Hazel is actually an old name, but you rarely hear it in these modern times. Her middle name sounds like a soap opera character. I love it!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Hazel is actually an old name, but you rarely hear it in these modern times. Her middle name sounds like a soap opera character. I love it!

Hazel has gotten super popular in the last few years. It used to never be used and then suddenly it was in the top 100 baby names. Sloane is still not too popular. 

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hazel has gotten super popular in the last few years. It used to never be used and then suddenly it was in the top 100 baby names. Sloane is still not too popular. 

reminds me of the outdaughterd daughter Hazel, I wonder how much she has influenced the growth in popularity.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

reminds me of the outdaughterd daughter Hazel, I wonder how much she has influenced the growth in popularity.

Possibly. I think it was already trending but Hazel Busby may have given it a big push. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Possibly. I think it was already trending but Hazel Busby may have given it a big push

Or maybe Julia Robert's daughter began that trend.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic