IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 6: So Boring I Couldn't Find a Funny Quote

HerNameIsBuffy

12 hours ago, llucie said:

Alyssa just posted a video a few days ago that she was tested and is now considered cured of her heart problem so i think she  will be the next one to get pregnant, they mentioned previously that they were just waiting for the doctors all clear to get pregnant again.

I don't know whether to be happy that Alyssa is cured of her heart problem, or to feel sick that Allie will probably be asked to put her helpful skills to work soon as a sister-mom.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, fundiebabez said:

I believe Kelton’s middle name is Edward

First instance where I can say: not a better love story than Twilight.?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

15 hours ago, Marly said:

First instance where I can say: not a better love story than Twilight.?

and today's internet funny comment winner.. 

I sol, Snorted out loud...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Josie posts on Instagram some photos from Willow 1 year party and just the amount of balloon ? is blowing my mind. Also, I had feared for a hot moment we were going to have a big sister announce for the pose of the photo (not that she looked bigger, just the way to was posted) luckily, for now, they don't seem in a rush to have a second one, I would say they look too enamored with Willow, we will see in a couple of months 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

When was the photo shoot? Despite their age, they sure have better space for more kids. Not saying I agree with multiple, prompt pregnancies.

• Upvote 1

I just checked and apparently they posted from the same shoot already on July 5th, so maybe I am wrong...

Fundies should stop posting from shoots of months ago.

• Upvote 2

That annoys me so much! At least put on a disclaimer like "this is part of a previous shoot/ this are from our vacation there"...something that can help even just say like hey we know these photos are a little bit "old" but we just found them or we had such a great time there we want to remember once more. I'm impressed by how good they seem to be with baby Willow I would have never expected from them based on their ages. Maybe Kelton has had to help to raise his younger siblings especially the youngest and has a better grasp of what having a child requires? Anyway I'm glad that next baby and willow will have at least a year and a half of age difference more times passe without an announce and happier I am for all the three of them they deserve some times to enjoy having willow as an only child who could have all their parents focus before having to share it with many more siblings 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

That annoys me so much! At least put on a disclaimer like "this is part of a previous shoot/ this are from our vacation there"...something that can help even just say like hey we know these photos are a little bit "old" but we just found them or we had such a great time there we want to remember once more. 

Maybe I’m too old to know the expectations of social media, but I don’t think anyone owes you any information about when the photos they post were taken. (Unless they feature a visibly pregnant woman. That would be totally reasonable.)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

19 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Maybe I’m too old to know the expectations of social media, but I don’t think anyone owes you any information about when the photos they post were taken. (Unless they feature a visibly pregnant woman. That would be totally reasonable.)

In the case of average people...you are right. However, when it comes to people who are wanting to be influencers like many of the Bates girls try to be, there is an expectation of an honest portrayal. With their show and messaging about wanting to be an "encouragement" to others, it can be an issue. For example, in March when people were first being told to stay at home and there were the horror stories of COVID-19 in the nursing homes and assisted living facilities in Oregon and Washington, Michaela and Brandon posted pics of a trip they took to the Pacific Northwest. People questioned and others said they were basically thumbing their noses at the whole pandemic to be so bold as to travel there. They later posted that the pics were old and were posted when they came across them. 

I say that to say, while some people will snark and point out hypocrisy and blatant lies, quite a few people in the world do look to pseudo-celebs and reality tv people for cues about everything from fashion to relationship advice. Now they are looking toward such "real" people for cues on things like masks, social distancing, etc. It might not be what Josie, Carlin, Tori, etc. signed up for, but it comes with the perks of being on television. They have the opportunity to influence on more than multilevel marketing schemes and modest clothing. If they don't want to have that over their heads, the least of the reasons to be a bit more transparent would be to cut down on the criticism and questions by addressing it. 

• Upvote 4

So Josie posted some Stories about how she's sorting the clothing Willow has outgrown and storing it, which makes me hopeful that they don't intend to race to 19.
She also posted a video of Kelton, and WOW HE LOOKS YOUNG.

• Upvote 5

Josie posted in her stories this morning that they are going to the Oregon Coast. And apparently Willow-free. Really hope this won't be like Alyssa's child-free vacation earlier this year that ended with a pregnancy announcement 12 or so weeks later.

Baby announcement in 3, 2, 1....?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Mom to Nell said:

Josie posted in her stories this morning that they are going to the Oregon Coast. And apparently Willow-free. Really hope this won't be like Alyssa's child-free vacation earlier this year that ended with a pregnancy announcement 12 or so weeks later.

Baby announcement in 3, 2, 1....?

I'm going on a trip to the same place in two weeks! Gosh darn fundies stealing my vacation spots...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Meanwhile, many of our (Oregon) coastal towns have been asking people to stay home. They’re small towns and don’t have the hospital capacity if large outbreaks happen. They’ve had record breaking crowds and illegal parking nightmares, too.

ETA: I hope they’re mask-wearers, because the west side of the state, including the coast, has been largely compliant with the mask order.

Edited by Jasmar
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Jasmar said:

Meanwhile, many of our (Oregon) coastal towns have been asking people to stay home. They’re small towns and don’t have the hospital capacity if large outbreaks happen. They’ve had record breaking crowds and illegal parking nightmares, too.

ETA: I hope they’re mask-wearers, because the west side of the state, including the coast, has been largely compliant with the mask order.

Hopefully they learned from Carlin and Evan that covid isn’t something to mess with and are going to be diligent about their masks. That feels like a lot to ask for though tbh. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, Jasmar said:

hope they’re mask-wearers, because the west side of the state, including the coast, has been largely compliant with the mask order

They posted pictures with masks in IG, so they seem.to be OK with it.

• Upvote 6

Josie just posted that she had a miscarriage recently. She was due in March and they had told the family at Willow’s birthday party. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 7
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

That’s sad for Josie and Kelton. But I thought that she said that they  wanted to wait a while before having more children. I don’t think I’ll ever understand the fundie mindset. Why not enjoy the child that they have for a couple more years as Josie is still so young? Surely there is plenty of time. I just don’t understand them at all. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

35 minutes ago, Angelface said:

That’s sad for Josie and Kelton. But I thought that she said that they  wanted to wait a while before having more children. I don’t think I’ll ever understand the fundie mindset. Why not enjoy the child that they have for a couple more years as Josie is still so young? Surely there is plenty of time. I just don’t understand them at all. 

I think for them waiting “a while” is like waiting over 6 months. Gil and Kelly’s kids’ age gaps are almost all 16 months or less, so anything above that probably feels like waiting. If Josie was due in March she got pregnant around June - July, so Willow was almost a year old. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5

Josie's post, under spoiler for trigger purposes. Always conflicting to know that it's best that there aren't more children born into the cult, but still feel empathy for the fundie parents. Child loss is not something I wish on my worst enemy.

Spoiler

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, Angelface said:

She loooves Willow, but I don't think a big family will fulfill her. She's clearly goal-oriented, she thrives working, but she cannot design her life around her own business because she is only allowed to be a mom. 

Like Erin, Josie will eventually leave her professional dreams. And while I'm sure Erin is sincerely pro-quiverful, Josie gives a very different vibe (as she said, when she married she wanted a couple years childfree... Nobody who wants to it should be forced by their environment to have children immediately).

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Angelface said:

If they announced at Willows first birthday it means she was already pregnant by then, so hardly waiting. Her baby was not even a year old! Just annother Alyssa that will keep saying every baby its such a surprise...

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, llucie said:

If they announced at Willows first birthday it means she was already pregnant by then, so hardly waiting. Her baby was not even a year old! Just annother Alyssa that will keep saying every baby its such a surprise...

I think they must have had the birthday party late. Probably due to covid. Because her bracelet has an August date representing the miscarriage. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they must have had the birthday party late. Probably due to covid. Because her bracelet has an August date representing the miscarriage. 

Josie posted on July 28th that they had Willow's first birthday a week previously, and Willow was born on July 19th. They announce pregnancies really early.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Josie posted on July 28th that they had Willow's first birthday a week previously, and Willow was born on July 19th. They announce pregnancies really early.

I see. They must have announced very early and then experienced the miscarriage in August.

• Upvote 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic