IGNORED

Miss Raquel: Saving the "Natives" One Latte at a Time

nelliebelle1197

That sounds like the book is hiding the real creative collection.

''''

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

itsjustraquel

I drove to the place we met
to the place I used to be scared of seeing again
and I just sat
in my car
and let the memories wash over me
(like the ocean waves you had a love-hate relationship with)
reliving each one
saying hello and goodbye to each one
(like the tide)
and it was safe
it was good.
——
excerpt from my book, #IntheAfterglow signed copies available at link in bio ?

Haiku:

Have you already had

a love hate relationship

with the ocean waves

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Haiku:

My eyes were not blue

After you and I broke up

They are still not blue

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200623-164424.thumb.jpg.6b4d82fdaeba8dc1ca3899545c722d82.jpg

• Upvote 4

I like to think that someday, she’s going to grow up and be mortified by these public ditherings, but I just don’t see it happening. Second hand embarrassment is real.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, Jasmar said:

Second hand embarrassment is real.

It really, really is.

In her post about wanting to be a weed not a flower, she is holding a bunch of flowers, none of which seem to be what people would call weeds.  And lots of weeds are flowers and there are plenty of flowers that you don't have to care for, you can just plant the bulbs and they come back each year. 

I obviously thought more about this poem than she did. 

• Upvote 7

And there are plenty of weeds that would not do so great if they had no sunlight or rain. 

Anyway I found it on Pinterest 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200624-150538.thumb.jpg.8b2da7752f7371b8256cc848b42fa149.jpg

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I’m not anti-gun by any means, but um - The Fuck? Why just the book and a gun? My roommate not only owns guns but is a bit of an enthusiast, and I’ve never seen him take pics of one of his guns next to something else he likes. And why is she PROUD of this? I’d be embarrassed to be honest. 

The guy did have some deep caption for it, but it was somewhat non sensical. She’s reposted stuff from this guy a lot, he seems to be a big fan.

0782E16D-A1FA-4C16-9B23-A1A7FEAB22B9.png

21758AD1-5195-4947-9A85-DE2E61971CD0.jpeg

• WTF 5

Haiku:

you need  pens and guns

without guns you cannot shoot

pens are good for pomes

Some books are good for target practice.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

Haiku:

My essential oils

Are so out of alignment

With my greatest good

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

This one ended up in her book too.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200628-101522.thumb.jpg.cddd05ef0266be8d2b88ca055d11bc28.jpg

Haiku:

Don't fall in love with

An artist because she'll write

Mean poems about you

Edited by AmazonGrace
Grammar
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

I wonder if Raquel has read any...like...actual poetry.  Poetry that was written before Pinterest.  Heck, before computers.

Do you suppose she knows that's a thing? If you asked her to name a poet, say, pre-2000, could she?

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

This one ended up in her book too.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20200628-101522.thumb.jpg.cddd05ef0266be8d2b88ca055d11bc28.jpg

Haiku:

Don't fall in love with

An artist because she'll write

Mean poems about you

The picture that goes along with this post, though! Are these the pictures in the book?

Spoiler

Didn't she get a new tattoo? I don't see an instagram post showing it off so I'm guessing it didn't turn out so well. 

• Upvote 4

On 6/13/2020 at 1:48 PM, dripcurl said:

Interesting post today. Since I myself have doing a lot of work over quarantine looking at faith, trauma, parent’s trauma, parent’s faith, etc. I thought it was interesting that Raquel has blamed her upbringing for certain things. I am personally am finally past it (in the blaming sense) because I feel like my parents not only used religion to cope with their issues, but religion hindered them from being more open minded about ways to heal.

I wonder if Raquel’s narcissism arose from identity issues. When you’re raised fundie/evangelical, everything is to be done through Christ. Solved through Christ. Done BECAUSE of Christ. Everything is to be viewed through a biblical lens. Depending on the family/church/organization, this tends to either completely hamper critical thinking, or accelerate critical thinking within a biblical vacuum. Either way, this messes with how you view yourself and others and puts one’s spirituality in a box. I believe that is why you see so many Nfundies like Raquel, they are trying to take ownership of their beliefs without compromising the dogma (whatever that may be), so they end up applying that “ownership” to other people’s experiences (inability to empathize) because they have to view everything through the dogma. 

Her immaturity was probably reinforced by restriction or guilt, she has been kept in a childlike way of thinking because she has been discouraged to think for herself. But I hope she is making some progress.43EC9A1E-D6C6-45B1-9E84-4595BB1531EF.thumb.jpeg.bc1eede98020400e10f3a629c831aaab.jpeg

Thoughtful stuff. Considering the cult we shared with her family for some years, this is spot on. Extreme peer pressure and mind control even as people prided themselves upon their intellectual (uncluttered by emotion) approach to faith. Empathy was emotion: thereby, weakness. Deceptive. Emotions. Can’t trust them. And people are worms, only fit for destruction. But if you read the writings of the Puritans and make sure you spout the Right Doctrine, you may escape eternal torment. Maybe. Because only god knows who the elect are.

So “critical thinking” involved parroting some Puritan author or Rushdooney or debating esoteric points from Van Til and (shoot, I’ve forgotten the opposite theologian. Clark, maybe.) All your critical thinking had to take place firmly inside the established box. All else was heresy and invited accusations of divisiveness, gossip, defiance of god-given authority, rebellion—and the threat of shunning.

It was a horrible place to grow up in. From touting the Ezzos as “perfect parenting” to lionizing Doug Wilson and his hateful teaching ranging from men/women/family to revisionist history of slavery and the Civil War. (Yes, he was invited to conduct “seminars” at that church, several hours every day for several days.) 

My kidults are doing better than Raquel, but then, they left the Xtian bubble years ago. Secular therapy helped. So does talking to people outside that culture who are dumbfounded at what they hear. It’s validation that they grew up in a WTF??? culture. ETA: it probably helps, too, that I walked away at the same time they did. I affirm them and their choices; they have forgiven me for my past choices that affected them and cheer me on in my own healing. (Their dad is learning, though I’m not sure he will ever be a safe person for them because the patriarchal programming is so deep and insidious and just when it seems he “gets” it, something bubbles up from the muck and slime way down under the surface.) Raquel’s parents, as far as I know, are both still firmly in neo-reformed church culture. 

I doubt Raquel has had access to therapy. It is a wonder that as many of the kids have walked away as they have, considering they risk losing everything they’ve ever known. Sadly, some of those least-equipped to survive in the real world have gone back to ostensibly live under their parents’ thumbs (while still secretly drinking and doing drugs, in at least one case I know about). They are held up as proof that the system works.

p.s. What does Nfundie mean?

Edited by refugee
Another thought
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 6/25/2020 at 10:43 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Haiku:

My essential oils

Are so out of alignment

With my greatest good

Whoa. I wonder what her neo-reformed mom and YL upline (which includes Stacey MacDonald, iirc) think of their beloved YL oils being used in “pagan” ceremonies. (Yes, “pagan” is a word they throw around, meaning many things, all of them uncomplimentary.)

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, refugee said:

Because only god knows who the elect are.

—-

So “critical thinking” involved parroting some Puritan author or Rushdooney or debating esoteric points from Van Til and (shoot, I’ve forgotten the opposite theologian. Clark, maybe.) All your critical thinking had to take place firmly inside the established box. All else was heresy and invited accusations of divisiveness, gossip, defiance of god-given authority, rebellion—and the threat of shunning.

——

(Raquel’s parents, as far as I know, are both still firmly in neo-reformed church culture. 

—-

(while still secretly drinking and doing drugs, in at least one case I know about). They are held up as proof that the system works.

Thank you for your story, I am glad you are all in a better place. Thankfully my family always rejected reformed theology, and I can see how it’s such a powerful tool to control others and breed an intense form a narcissism. Raquel seems think she is such a free spirit by dabbling in crystals, talismans, and cairns. This is all meaningless and the equivalent to playing with trinkets (not that’s it’s a bad thing)  if she is still trapped inside the reformed box. I myself started believing in I guess what most would call New Age beliefs about 8 years ago, but have had to alter my presentation and even force myself in to certain Christian beliefs I disagreed with out of guilt. Finally, being moved out, especially after being married, and after a lot of contemplation during quarantine, I am comfortable with dropping the Christian label. I believe strongly in Eastern practices, it’s a central part to my career and the decisions I make for my own well being. Secular therapy has helped so much this: all I needed was an objective soundboard. I used to be into crystals, oils, super pure diet and all of that like Raquel always touts on her insta, but because I have such a deeper belief I haven’t even looked at things like that in a while.

Also, more Pinteresting content

69E098A3-CF19-4DA7-B558-A43866D2E989.thumb.jpeg.b9618accbc87626766363060333b7b0c.jpeg

“Fall in love with an artist because you’ll always be art to them, you’ll always be their muse, you’ll always be their inspiration. Fall in love with an artist because artists never forget. Once you enter their hearts, you’ll always be there; as a memory, as a picture, as a song, or a story. They’ll turn you into art — beautiful art.” - Rania Naim

https://thoughtcatalog.com/rania-naim/2017/09/fall-in-love-with-an-artist/

This writer puts out poetry books too and I think Raquel takes many cues from her work. Has any brave soul purchased Raquel’s book(s)?

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, dripcurl said:

@refugee Sorry, I was referring to how narcissistic parents are Ndads, Nmoms, so I just pulled Nfundie out of my ass ? 

Ah, that makes sense. Fundiedom is a fertile ground for narcissists.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, refugee said:

I doubt Raquel has had access to therapy. 

Fwiw a while ago she posted something about something her therapist supposedly said.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Fwiw a while ago she posted something about something her therapist supposedly said.

I seem to remember her talking about going to a therapist because we discussed that maybe it would help her. I could see Raquel being a very challenging client to work with because she doesn't appear to want to change and her default is to blame every one else for her problems. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

If the therapist refused to acknowledge how special and unique Raquel feels she is I believe Raquel would simply refuse to return. The only reflection she wants is utter adoration. I don’t think she is capable of seeing beyond her own bullshit.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Was it one of those faux therapists (biblical counseling, it had some fancy name in the circles her family ran with—ah, found it, nouthetic counseling)? I could see her parents paying for that. Not so much secular counseling, though.

We had our run-ins with biblical counseling. Worse than useless. Like pouring gasoline on a fire to try to put it out.

Edited by refugee
Autocorrect strikes again
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, refugee said:

Was it one of those faux therapists 

No idea, no details were given. It was just a mention in a pome that was posted a couple of pages earlier in this thread.

Edit: she also mentioned it in her blog.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

In Raquel's Instagram story yesterday it showed her flying to visit someone and she was pulling down her mask while traveling. She wrote the world "rebel" on the picture. :angry-banghead: That isn't rebellion Raquel, it is just being a selfish asshole. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 9

Haiku:

I am too special

To protect anyone else

I'll take the mask off

• Upvote 3

On 7/3/2020 at 3:39 AM, formergothardite said:

In Raquel's Instagram story yesterday it showed her flying to visit someone and she was pulling down her mask while traveling. She wrote the world "rebel" on the picture. :angry-banghead: That isn't rebellion Raquel, it is just being a selfish asshole. 

Yep. I also think she was referring the slide where she took a pic of some guy’s shirt that mentioned having “good sex”. Other posts of hers recently implied she’s not a virgin anymore, and I think she her ego is now even more inflated because of it.

• Upvote 1