IGNORED

Miss Raquel: Saving the "Natives" One Latte at a Time

nelliebelle1197

It is probably very emotionally and physically draining to be around Raquel IRL. She is extremely high needs and seems to have very unrealistic ideas about how she should be treated and how people should tolerate her treatment of them. 

• Upvote 9

I’d really love more insight into what constitutes a godly believer in Raquel’s untamed eyes 

9CDFB147-F2CA-4E66-8161-B7E04EC2F3E1.jpeg

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure no one is as passionate and heartfelt as Raquel when it comes to prayer. At least in her wild, untamed eyes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200531-185610.thumb.jpg.afd32b753a014eaeccd132b5f077eb6e.jpg

Haiku:

Why are they hiding

Is her boyfriend still married

Or a fugitive?

• Haha 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20200531-185610.thumb.jpg.afd32b753a014eaeccd132b5f077eb6e.jpg

Haiku:

Why are they hiding

Is her boyfriend still married

Or a fugitive?

That is bad. Even by Raquel standards. How is it that she has written for this long and just gets worse? It seems like at some point she would have to improve compared to her 14 years old self, but she doesn't. 

And maybe don't graffiti messages on trains and in bathrooms? Just don't. 

• Upvote 5

Haiku:

If you read this book

You will owe it to yourself

To start drinking fast

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200601-210129.thumb.jpg.910988866552a0719843adbef21a457b.jpg

kuva.png.f5f7b1609c8cdde0a07bfc422720bcad.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Haiku:

If you read this book

You will owe it to yourself

To start drinking fast

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20200601-210129.thumb.jpg.910988866552a0719843adbef21a457b.jpg

kuva.png.f5f7b1609c8cdde0a07bfc422720bcad.png

That review makes no sense. It is like he drew a bunch of random words out of a bag and had to work them into sentences. 

"This is Green."? What even does that mean. 

• I Agree 2

I’m not actually surprised that her inane babbling attracts others who inanely babble. I’m sure they consider themselves deep and unbelievably clever and can’t understand why the world refuses to recognize their brilliance. 

• Upvote 3

That read like she took a bunch of cliches, tossed them into a food processor, grabbed bits out and pasted them together.  

• Upvote 1

This seems to me like she really wanted to write all lives matter, but is aware enough to just say lives matter to try to avoid any backlash. I honestly was expecting her to write some god awful pome where she makes it all about herself, so at least she didn't do that. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Angry 2

Awakenings have been a theme... her last blog post

This is my awakening

and her insta caption:

?????? ?. ??????

? aries. wild spirit. captured soul
? awakened human
? adventurous creative

If 2020 is anyone's year of awakening regarding racism, better late than never I guess.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This seems to me like she really wanted to write all lives matter, but is aware enough to just say lives matter to try to avoid any backlash. I honestly was expecting her to write some god awful pome where she makes it all about herself, so at least she didn't do that. 

This clearly reads as meaning “all lives matter” and makes me angry.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 6/3/2020 at 9:53 AM, Petronella said:

This clearly reads as meaning “all lives matter” and makes me angry.

Right? At this point if you can’t “bring yourself” to say “Black lives matter,” then really just STFU.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

For someone who is so "I'm half Peruvian" as her identity, it is a bit baffling that she doesn't 'get' that she should care about racial issues.  But then I suppose because she passes for white, she doesn't get it.  

• Upvote 5

She lives in the same general part of the Portland metropolitan area as my sister and her family. My sister is married to a man from a middle eastern country, and her kids have brown skin. They’ve been on the receiving end of anti-immigrant harassment, despite having been born and lived all their lives in that west-Portland suburb.

So Raquel probably has faced similar. She’s just that dense, I guess, not to be able to see how her statement rankles.

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, Jasmar said:

She lives in the same general part of the Portland metropolitan area as my sister and her family. My sister is married to a man from a middle eastern country, and her kids have brown skin. They’ve been on the receiving end of anti-immigrant harassment, despite having been born and lived all their lives in that west-Portland suburb.

So Raquel probably has faced similar. She’s just that dense, I guess, not to be able to see how her statement rankles.

She would have had too. Especially for running in a circle that is as white as evangelical homeschoolers. I am in the pnw too, and there are a decent amount of secular homeschoolers, and that crowd is much more diverse than the Christian homeschooling crowd. Unlike many evangelical kids, I was privileged enough to be around secular folks despite being homeschooled. However, in my church growing up and in homeschooling, I had so many odd remarks made to me, and I am white passing. Of my two little sisters, the one who has Raquel's coloring has received more remarks than my sister who has my coloring, but we still have had to deal with our fair share of racism. There is no way Raquel could have escaped this. Raquel's sentiments are all self-serving, down to the last random bible verse. If Raquel was remotely observational growing up, not only would she notice the racism around her, albeit most likely covert, but she would also realize that most of the guys in her narrow, Christian dating pool would be fairly right-wing and not believe that racism and sexism still exist. There was hardly any avoiding that in my experience. And as we know, Raquel will morph according to any trend that promises a Christian young man. Raquel is kidding herself, as always.

ETA: Per her insta story, she's getting tatted today, can't wait to see how shitty this one is!

Edited by dripcurl
typos (weed)
  • Upvote 4

Interesting post today. Since I myself have doing a lot of work over quarantine looking at faith, trauma, parent’s trauma, parent’s faith, etc. I thought it was interesting that Raquel has blamed her upbringing for certain things. I am personally am finally past it (in the blaming sense) because I feel like my parents not only used religion to cope with their issues, but religion hindered them from being more open minded about ways to heal.

I wonder if Raquel’s narcissism arose from identity issues. When you’re raised fundie/evangelical, everything is to be done through Christ. Solved through Christ. Done BECAUSE of Christ. Everything is to be viewed through a biblical lens. Depending on the family/church/organization, this tends to either completely hamper critical thinking, or accelerate critical thinking within a biblical vacuum. Either way, this messes with how you view yourself and others and puts one’s spirituality in a box. I believe that is why you see so many Nfundies like Raquel, they are trying to take ownership of their beliefs without compromising the dogma (whatever that may be), so they end up applying that “ownership” to other people’s experiences (inability to empathize) because they have to view everything through the dogma. 

Her immaturity was probably reinforced by restriction or guilt, she has been kept in a childlike way of thinking because she has been discouraged to think for herself. But I hope she is making some progress.43EC9A1E-D6C6-45B1-9E84-4595BB1531EF.thumb.jpeg.bc1eede98020400e10f3a629c831aaab.jpeg

Edited by dripcurl
  • Upvote 2

She must really like that pome because she's posted the same thing or something very similar before.  At least, the bit about how YOU need to hear  today whatever Raquel has learned last year because of course.

Haiku:

When I am alone

I can truly discover

How awesome I am

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200614-212451.thumb.jpg.aeb0e33bb732f00beef15ab8228200d6.jpg

Edit: Yeah it's in this thread.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3

A nice, encouraging pome from Raquel today.

It's very pinteresting.

Spoiler

itsjustraquel

To the ones who feel unseen,
the ones fighting secret battles,
the ones gently nursing their wounds, and healing in private,
to the ones unlearning what wounded people taught them —
I have been there.
You are known,
You are not alone,
You are brave,
You are strong,
You will overcome.
——
excerpt from my latest book, #IntheAfterglow. signed copies available at link in bio —>

Spoiler

kuva.png.1e479550fa786ed45b5738fb74387e66.pngkuva.png.64463a8223489e6ff18877e3671a2f86.png 

kuva.png.0053ad0fd0596d4a18c2f7f8e2a69f81.pngkuva.png.e01ffa8340b8847250daae90a6014a95.pngkuva.png.b6500c5a6e8fb77d49ec62e56cfd68e0.png

kuva.png.0aa57e94da04641eca4a3b7e0156f2b0.pngkuva.png.04bb30186deaf5f6f44e179a837dade9.png

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

A nice, encouraging pome from Raquel today.

It's very pinteresting.

Hide contents

itsjustraquel

To the ones who feel unseen,
the ones fighting secret battles,
the ones gently nursing their wounds, and healing in private,
to the ones unlearning what wounded people taught them —
I have been there.
You are known,
You are not alone,
You are brave,
You are strong,
You will overcome.
——
excerpt from my latest book, #IntheAfterglow. signed copies available at link in bio —>

Hide contents

kuva.png.1e479550fa786ed45b5738fb74387e66.png kuva.png.64463a8223489e6ff18877e3671a2f86.png 

kuva.png.0053ad0fd0596d4a18c2f7f8e2a69f81.png kuva.png.e01ffa8340b8847250daae90a6014a95.png kuva.png.b6500c5a6e8fb77d49ec62e56cfd68e0.png

kuva.png.0aa57e94da04641eca4a3b7e0156f2b0.pngkuva.png.04bb30186deaf5f6f44e179a837dade9.png

Excellent work ? I have been checking her previous posts, but you beat me to checking this one and you did a much better job than I could have! Raquel’s follower count has been climbing a lot lately, why do so many people love this shite?

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Raquel’s follower count has been climbing a lot lately, why do so many people love this shite?

I looked at the profiles of some of the people who comment on her posts and it looks like a lot are also aspiring authors. So I wonder if it is a case of them trying to get attention for their own writing by commenting on her stuff. 

• Upvote 1

She has a book giveaway for followers on insta. (She didn't publish the book, she gave it to the world.)

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Haha 2

one month ago, I gave the world a collection of thoughts, feelings and creativity amidst the pages of my third book, In the Afterglow. 

The world didn't want your thoughts and feelings Raquel. You can take them back. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4