IGNORED

Maxwell 34: Vest Management While Climbing a 14er

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, Hane said:

@MamaJunebug, you said “kook-aid.” ?Please don’t change it!

So glad you noticed!  I did, too, and all my reaction was TYPO AND IT STAYS! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy has even worn shorts swimming. Gasp! 

The Bontragers are more liberal with their clothing than the Maxwells. They have openly stated on their blog they don't oppose women wearing pants. I think that the Maxwell women have worn pants in the past. However, when John married Chelsy she didn't convert completely to the Maxwellian ways. To add insult to injury she has photos on her blog and the Bontrager blog of women in their family wearing pants and shirts that are a little more low cut that don't meet Steve's standards. I really think that Chelsy staying true to her upbringing has made some of the other Maxwell's be okay with posting women wearing pants and other non-Steve approved clothing. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The Bontragers are more liberal with their clothing than the Maxwells. They have openly stated on their blog they don't oppose women wearing pants. I think that the Maxwell women have worn pants in the past. However, when John married Chelsy she didn't convert completely to the Maxwellian ways. To add insult to injury she has photos on her blog and the Bontrager blog of women in their family wearing pants and shirts that are a little more low cut that don't meet Steve's standards. I really think that Chelsy staying true to her upbringing has made some of the other Maxwell's be okay with posting women wearing pants and other non-Steve approved clothing. 

What Maxwell women have worn pants and when?

• Upvote 6

It seems like quite a few commenters have mentioned the Maxwell sisters staying single:

38D8E2A2-3E77-486B-A5EE-8C72BC55F1B7.thumb.png.88840cf09c5bb94c6a382ee054fccac2.png

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7

Of course, we know that the Maxwells will never discuss why only the sons are married and their daughters are not.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

Teri's response to the commenter who asked about courtship beliefs was pitch-perfect. I picture her typing that response (and why did she respond to that comment when Sarah was responding to the other comments?) whilst making the same pinchy-mouth look of disapproval that Senator Susan Collins makes when she says she disapproves of something-or-other Trumpian, just before she votes in favor of it.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 5

53 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

It seems like quite a few commenters have mentioned the Maxwell sisters staying single:

38D8E2A2-3E77-486B-A5EE-8C72BC55F1B7.thumb.png.88840cf09c5bb94c6a382ee054fccac2.png

This is great! I offered a very similar suggestion and it was not published. Wah wah wah. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

What Maxwell women have worn pants and when?

Recently some photos have popped up of Nathan and Melanie's family wearing them. Before Steve and Teri went fundie crazy Sarah and Teri used to wear pants occasionally. 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Of course, we know that the Maxwells will never discuss why only the sons are married and their daughters are not.

I am very interested in seeing how the Maxwell's tackle this if they do a blog post. If they do, then I foresee Anna, Mary and Sarah doing a three part series together in which they explain their crazy beliefs. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Recently some photos have popped up of Nathan and Melanie's family wearing them. Before Steve and Teri went fundie crazy Sarah and Teri used to wear pants occasionally. 

I am very interested in seeing how the Maxwell's tackle this if they do a blog post. If they do, then I foresee Anna, Mary and Sarah doing a three part series together in which they explain their crazy beliefs. 

Nathan's kids wear leggings under dresses and snowpants. And yeah, they wore pants before the reversals. I am not sure how either of those examples prove whatever point you were trying to make.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Nathan's kids wear leggings under dresses and snowpants. And yeah, they wore pants before the reversals. I am not sure how either of those examples prove whatever point you were trying to make.

If you go back a few pages someone posted a photo from Melanie's sisters Facebook story. In it Melanie and one of her daughters are wearing pants. The point I am trying to make is the Maxwells in the past have seemed to shun women wearing pants because they are supposed to be clothing for men not women in fundie world. When it came down to the girls wearing snow pants and leggings, I do believe they wore them, but they would be primarily in photos from the waste up. Recently, they have become more open with showing the Maxwell women wearing pants and not a skirt over it or having major photo shop fails trying to cover it up. In recent photos, like the caroling one the girls AREN'T wearing long skirts to cover the pants. Here is the caroling link:

https://blog.titus2.com/2019/12/23/the-picture-perfect-caroling-evening/

I will go back few pages and update with more. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Funny that Teri answered only that one.

They will NEVER EVER discuss why only the brothers are married.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 9

5 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I am just really happy reading the comments about the girls staying single. They were raised in a cult where they were told to be dutiful SAHD's until a man came along. So far Steve has screwed Sarah out of that and, possibly, scare off men that show interest in Anna and Mary. 

• Upvote 8

35 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

If they ever say even a sentence about it, then I imagine it will go something like this:

”It has been God’s plan to keep our daughters with us a little longer than our sons.” As if it’s all up to God and not them and their controlling ways. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 12

7 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Here's what I've observed (after almost ten years reading the blog):

• We've seen a lot of pics of C&A's kids playing in the snow, with frumpers over snow pants. We haven't seen a lot of Calia. She might have been tucking her dress into her snow pants all along.
  • Prior to Grace's FB/IG stories, we hadn't really seen much of N&M's crew hanging out with Mel's family. This could be new or it could've been going on for awhile and we've just had no window into it.
  • We know the mothership is strictly skirts only for the wimminfolk. There's an early blog post about how a bunch of them were going for long walks early in the morning and what a great testimony it was that they were getting exercise in long dresses. (This was deep in the frumpers/ankle length era.) Their workout/hiking pictures have all shown skirts.
  • Chelsy. Jeans. This is new. I know there was a pic of her with John, I think right before the wedding - and I can't remember if it was on her blog or the Bonts' blog, but she was wearing jeans while horseback riding, and suddenly the post got edited/scrubbed so the jeans pic wasn't there. I think FJ suspected outcry from the Max camp. Chelsy's blog has been up for almost a week and not been edited.
  • If you read only the borg blog and not Chelsy's blog, you'd not know she was wearing jeans for that photo shoot. The tiny scrap of denim that shows in the first pic on the borg blog could easily be a skirt.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong - I have little flashes of memories involving GiGi wearing pants while visiting Aunt Tami (maybe from Aunt Tami's FB? I never actually saw it, just heard about it) as well as something about Chelsy not believing skirts-only was really necessary, but doing so in deference to her father. Anybody else remember this? Maybe from Chelsy's blog eons ago, or Allison's?

Calia might have been tucking in her dress when wearing snow pants all along; N&M's girls might be wearing pants (or very short skirts over leggings) when not at the mothership or being featured on the blog, such as when the aunties are cleaning house for them, but since it doesn't make the blog and they don't seem to have social media themselves, we don't see it. In short, I don't think much has changed other than Chelsy's open wearing of jeans on her blog.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

That photo with the supposed “photoshop fail” is not of a Maxwell daughter, it’s of someone else. To me, it doesn’t make sense that it’s photoshopped. They often feature photos of female ‘friends’/guests/whoever whilst wearing pants/jeans and it’s obvious that they’re wearing pants. Those other photos are not photoshopped. 
Given that Calia also wears ‘modern modest’ like Abby, Bethany and Tina, I don’t think she’s tucking a dress in. 

• Upvote 3

The only White Christmas I've had is the latest one, and that was white from bushfire smoke :(

As for carols, this one is probably the most FUN

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

On 1/4/2020 at 3:50 AM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Recently some photos have popped up of Nathan and Melanie's family wearing them

It was only Bethany. And she was sitting down, so it may very well be leggings with a dress. Or a pyjama. 

• Upvote 6

On 1/3/2020 at 11:30 PM, Bethy said:

Here's what I've observed (after almost ten years reading the blog):

• Prior to Grace's FB/IG stories, we hadn't really seen much of N&M's crew hanging out with Mel's family. This could be new or it could've been going on for awhile and we've just had no window into it.
  • We know the mothership is strictly skirts only for the wimminfolk. There's an early blog post about how a bunch of them were going for long walks early in the morning and what a great testimony it was that they were getting exercise in long dresses. (This was deep in the frumpers/ankle length era.) Their workout/hiking pictures have all shown skirts.

Teri mentioned on their blog once that they celebrate Christmas  with Melanie and Nathan on Christmas Eve as Melanie spends Christmas Day with her family (along with Nathan and kids). Some FJers saw a post from Melanie’s sister that showed M&N and kids celebrating Easter at the sister’s house. I believe there might have been an egg hunt involved. 
Melanie is the only sil whose family is local so I’m guessing (hoping) she and her kids see them often. 

Yes, I remember Sarah writing a post on why she is dresses and skirts only, and what a good example the Maxwell sisters are to all the heathens in the world by walking to a convenience store every day in those dresses/skirts. Typical smug Sarah post. 

• Upvote 9

Wearing a long skirt everyday, especially a denim one, is not proving a damn thing to the heathens except that the Maxwell females are crazy.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

14 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

It was only Bethany. And she was sitting down, so it may very well be leggings with a dress. Or a pyjama. 

And Melanie, her legs below her knees were exposed.

• Upvote 4

I hope I don’t ruin anyone’s day showing the fun the Maxwells had, but...

First, Danny did so many funny things with a ball like holding it

Note the kids excitement giving the gift. (Now- my kids LOVE giving gifts, so I don’t doubt they were excited.... but the caption “Notice...”). No, Sarah.  We cannot notice the excitement in that photo. 

Finally, the one exciting thing that happened was that Johns present was up a tree.  He had to climb the tree to get it.  WHAT WAS THE PRESENT, SARAH?!  Multiple photos of John getting down this gift... and then no mention of what the actual gift was.

Spoiler

FA3BE202-3BEC-452E-8605-4039162E9005.thumb.png.0edb2ef91a4d510e5d50effd4b98b15a.png

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 2

I think something important just snuck by us -- Sarah just referred to herself as an adult!  Now anything is possible!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, freejugar said:

Arnold will always be the most gorgeous Maxwell. Sorry AxMax. You are quite the cutie. But Arnold takes the prize. I don’t know how the Maxwell’s got so lucky to find that handsome fellow. 

And yes, John’s present was in a fucking tree. I imagine Jesse did that. There’s no way Teri or Steve would be that creative. I bet that blew Sarah’s mind. A present in a tree! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic