IGNORED

Maxwell 34: Vest Management While Climbing a 14er

Coconut Flan

40 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Interesting. Your “other uncle” could be my husband. Does he currently work in another grocery related industry in CA? Exact.same.story. Yep, and I can attest, really good money, especially the bonuses and other payouts aside from the salary.

Small world! He did live in California (the Bay Area). He passed away in 2015 though. He had a heart attack shortly after finding out my mother passed away and unfortunately didn't survive. 

• Sad 4

15 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

Small world! He did live in California (the Bay Area). He passed away in 2015 though. He had a heart attack shortly after finding out my mother passed away and unfortunately didn't survive. 

I’m sorry to hear that. We too started out in the SF Bay Area, but now live in Santa Cruz-

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I don't think a manager of a fast food restaurant is the same as an owner who bought the individual store.  Think you have to work up internally to manager and that's who potentially gets $100,000.  With that much at stake for employees who often don't know if they have enough food to last each month, I can see a fast food restaurant becoming a very dramatic and toxic place to work.  I would hope 100k for managers means 40k at a minimum for employees, setting a new standard in minimum wage that's long overdue.  I don't see how it would work otherwise.

• Upvote 4

Christmas day post is up. *yawn* They ate breakfast midmorning. It's tradition for "the guys" to cook so Jesse made biscuits and gravy. Mom and Dad Dad and Mom ate oatmeal with fruit. I wonder what they'll have for breakfast once Jesse is married and there are no "guys" left? They did the traditional cookie bake for the local police...Teri actually had a good idea (making/balling the dough ahead so they could pull and bake it fresh for the occasion, although I don't know what else they had going on that would have made actually making the cookies on that day so insurmountable.)

Then the picture of the presents...the sad irony isn't lost there. I know they didn't photograph every single present, but I know what they chose to feature on the blog. Forgotten Jesse got luggage. For when he travels for business. Poor Sarah got a candle that smells like caramel apples.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

22 minutes ago, freejugar said:

I don't get why they take so long to post things

If they post banal things too often readers will get hooked.  Next thing you know Maxwell blog is an idol and will need to be banished like Pepsi of yore.

It's in the bible.  Sometimes I get the feeling I'm the only one who's read it.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 13

Calling the non-emergency number to tell the police to come pick up the cookies you sanctimoniously made for them is just not OK, Maxwells. Drive them over your damn selves.

What’s next? Calling the neighbors to come to your house so you can Xmas caterwaul to them and bestow poppy seed whatever?

• Upvote 18
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, erunerune said:

Calling the non-emergency number to tell the police to come pick up the cookies you sanctimoniously made for them is just not OK, Maxwells. Drive them over your damn selves.

What’s next? Calling the neighbors to come to your house so you can Xmas caterwaul to them and bestow poppy seed whatever?

I know!! I wonder if they won’t go into the police station because they’ll have to walk among The Heathen if they do.  

Also: What are “The Christmas Police”? Sounds like a fun children’s story that ends with law enforcement saving Christmas from kidnappers. 

5547AF05-F5E6-4BEF-A609-2EADC90B6515.jpeg

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 11

14 minutes ago, erunerune said:

Calling the non-emergency number to tell the police to come pick up the cookies you sanctimoniously made for them is just not OK, Maxwells. Drive them over your damn selves

Can't believe that! 

Do they value the police work? Then, let that men (AND WOMEN!!!) use their time to protect citizens, not to drive to the suburbs looking for cookies.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

Having the cops come over and pick up some cookies?  Can't they fit in in their schedule to drive to the cop shop and drop them off.  Not to mention if the weather was bad and there was an accident to tend to they are taking an officer away from handling that plus putting the officer at risk.  What a bunch of assholes.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Agree - cannot believe they called the police to pick up the cookies.

Read the blog, which I usually don't, to see if there was some context I was missing but nope.

Looking at the pics I see that I, like Teri, have crinkle cookie dough in the freezer.  And goes to show how bad their pics are because they are such pretty cookies but in their pic they are just a muddy blur.

• Upvote 8

Who makes cookies for someone and then calls them and tells them to pick them up*? Wow. What an entitled mindset they have! Didn’t they go to the firehouse not long ago? Why couldn’t they have gone to the police station just as easily? 

*If someone can’t get out of their house then yes, it’s completely understandable. In this case they’re just entitled timewasters. 

Just read the post. It’s time to stop lumping your late-30’s daughter in with “young adults.” 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Bethy said:

Christmas day post is up. *yawn* They ate breakfast midmorning. It's tradition for "the guys" to cook so Jesse made biscuits and gravy. Mom and Dad Dad and Mom ate oatmeal with fruit. I wonder what they'll have for breakfast once Jesse is married and there are no "guys" left? They did the traditional cookie bake for the local police...Teri actually had a good idea (making/balling the dough ahead so they could pull and bake it fresh for the occasion, although I don't know what else they had going on that would have made actually making the cookies on that day so insurmountable.)

Then the picture of the presents...the sad irony isn't lost there. I know they didn't photograph every single present, but I know what they chose to feature on the blog. Forgotten Jesse got luggage. For when he travels for business. Poor Sarah got a candle that smells like caramel apples.

The biggest question is how, exactly, is that candle useful & practical? We know how much emphasis they put on such things for their gift giving - she even made a point of mentioning it this year, again. But, how does a scented candle fall into that framework? 

And, am I missing something? The non emergency police now run errands for you? I never even came close to imagining in my wildest dream world that I could call the cops and have them come and pick up cookies I baked for them. How does that even work? How do you live with yourself for doing such a ridiculous thing? Especially when you ramble on and on about being practical, not wasting time, always being productive, etc., etc., etc. Calling the police to come pick up cookies was not a productive use of their time, not practical and not productive. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

54 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Just read the post. It’s time to stop lumping your late-30’s daughter in with “young adults.” 

I thought the same, but then saw Sarah wrote it.  So it seems she was referring to the others as young adults, not herself.

But with Maxwell writing who knows.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I thought the same, but then saw Sarah wrote it.  So it seems she was referring to the others as young adults, not herself.

But with Maxwell writing who knows.

Ah, thanks. I missed that.

• Upvote 3

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who spit out my one animal cracker when I read that they actually call the police to pick up their special Maxwell cookie basket. What freaking weirdos! This is what I mean, The Maxwell family serves no one but themselves. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who spit out my one animal cracker when I read that they actually call the police to pick up their special Maxwell cookie basket. What freaking weirdos! This is what I mean, The Maxwell family serves no one but themselves. 

I'd like to think that if I were a Maxwell daughter I'd have backed a tiny note into one of the cookies.  

A wee "help me" on a bit of parchment paper.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 8

I will take luggage as a gift, so send it over. I just bought the cutest carry-on and had toborrow my friend’s huge suitcase for a trip so I am in need people. 

How big is the town they live in? Is it like Mayberry with only a few officers? I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t already knew the officer that came by and they actually called him directly. 

As for the kids eating at Taco Bell, when I was that age, I was a picky eater and never ate much of anything at one time. I always had either a bean and cheese burrito with extra cheese and sour cream or a taco lite, which they don’t make anymore. I could eat all of the taco or half of the burrito but not both. 

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I will take luggage as a gift, so send it over. I just bought the cutest carry-on and had it borrow my friend’s huge suitcase for a trip so I am in need people. 

How big is the town they live in? Is it like Mayberry with only a few officers? I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t already knew the officer that came by and they actually called him directly. 

As for the kids eating at Taco Bell, when I was that age, I was a picky eater and never ate much of anything at one time. I always had either a bean and cheese burrito with extra cheese and sour cream or a taco lite, which they don’t make anymore. I could eat all of the taco or half of the burrito but not both. 

Just looked it up and seems to be a suburb of Kansas City with a population of about 35k.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I will take luggage as a gift, so send it over. I just bought the cutest carry-on and had toborrow my friend’s huge suitcase for a trip so I am in need people. 

The blog said they called the non-emergency line.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

The blog said they called the non-emergency line.

They still should have taken the damn cookies to the police station themselves.  

As for Sarah's present, at least a caramel apple candle is better than one that smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina.  Now available through the GOOP store.

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

They still should have taken the damn cookies to the police station themselves.  

I agree. I was just letting the poster know that no, they did not call a police officer directly.

• Upvote 5

On 1/13/2020 at 7:47 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think they have a huge online presence so I doubt it. They live in Ohio and it just seems weird that Jesse would be hanging out with the Bowers boys and Craig girls without some sort of relationship. 

The Bowers have Charlie and Carver, who are about 20 and 18 respectively. Either could end up in a courtship with a Craig girl, further connecting the Bowers, Maxwells, and Bontragers.

Edited by NCLunaLovegoodFan
Grammar error
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

The Bowers have Charlie and Carver, who are about 20 and 18 respectively. Either could end up in courtships with a Craig girl, further connecting the Bowers, Maxwells, and Bontragers.

Definitely Charlie. But Carver is even young by fundie male standards at 18. Although Charlie isn’t even in the picture I posted. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'm wondering if the police just dump homemade treats right into the trash.  I can't imagine in this day and age they would be allowed to eat homemade food. Even the hospital I worked at had a rule about no homemade food, store bought only.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic