IGNORED

Maxwell 34: Vest Management While Climbing a 14er

Coconut Flan

Once again they imply they are the only ones who love their family and are close with each other. 

Such nasty, ignorant, bubble-dwellers they are. 

I spent Christmas Eve with the parents and all siblings (and their families) with the exception of one who lives out of state. What's more, I will spend an evening in a couple weeks with all my mom's (living) siblings/spouses, and their families as well as the families of the siblings not living. Basically, all my grandparent's decedents. Just as we have done every.single.year for as long as I can remember. 

Sorry, Maxwells, you do not have a monopoly on loving families who enjoy spending time together. What's more, at least when we all see each other we actually have loads to talk about since we don't all live within .9 miles of each other. Hell, I haven't seen two of my cousin's since we did a cousin's camping trip in August! Almost 5 whole months ago. 

They irk me beyond reason. Arrogant pricks. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Arnold will always be the most gorgeous Maxwell. Sorry AxMax. You are quite the cutie. But Arnold takes the prize. I don’t know how the Maxwell’s got so lucky to find that handsome fellow. 

I love Arnold, too, but I was a little disappointed and surprised Ellie wasn't in any of the pictures.  Hope she's o.k.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, kpmom said:

I love Arnold, too, but I was a little disappointed and surprised Ellie wasn't in any of the pictures.  Hope she's o.k.

Hopefully she was just hiding from the chaos. When my family gets together for Christmas at my parents’, it’s so damn loud and crowded! Their cat usually hides. I’m surprised Arnold didn’t! He must have been there to make his WTF face and then leave. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Mary's expression looks like a grimace more than a smile. Very forced. Maybe she's thinking that she' so sick of the f****** camera in her face all the time. Soooo many pics of Annamary and grandchildren. Sooooo many.......

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

I just noticed Christopher isn't wearing khakis that are tan. 

On a side note, I saw this article in the NY Times the other day and it mentions the Maxwell clans favorite insurance ministry.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/02/health/christian-health-care-insurance.html?fbclid=IwAR1vwZCP5pt_p1-UBayB9ARqvroFOXRML5XFdt0yixBBpMZgIWre3FtK-GE

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Rosie said:

The town floozy, that's Mary.

I don’t know why but the word floozy always cracks me up. I hate the words slut or ho but floozy kills me. It makes me think of someone’s great grandma talking about her neighbor who wears red lipstick. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know why but the word floozy always cracks me up. I hate the words slut or ho but floozy kills me. It makes me think of someone’s great grandma talking about her neighbor who wears red lipstick. 

My great aunts (all have passed away now, sadly) used to go away for sisters’ weekends. Hearing about those weekends was always such a hoot. One year, three of the four went shopping while the one stayed behind to rest (she also prepared a surprise supper for them, but that’s another story).

When telling us all about the weekend, the one waved her hand at the others and said “These floozies came back from the mall with pierced ears!” 

They were all in their seventies when this happened. God, I loved those women. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • Love 23

8 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I just noticed Christopher isn't wearing khakis that are tan.

Now that's new! But we can't see if he's wearing his ever-present white leather training shoes.

Thankfully, Ellie seems to be fine. She's in the first photo of John retrieving his present from the tree.

Mary's Jesus-writing seems quite professional to my untrained eyes. Maybe she could sell these plaques on Etsy or somewhere? Although the market for things like these must be quite saturated with all the SAHDs filling their time waiting for Prince Charming...

Those old blue sofas and armchairs look delightfully plump and comfy - perfect for wasting the day away doing nothing productive, just lounging around with a good book (NOT Bible) and tons of hot herbal tea. Suck that Steve.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Those old blue sofas and armchairs look delightfully plump and comfy - perfect for wasting the day away doing nothing productive, just lounging around with a good book (NOT Bible) and tons of hot herbal tea. Suck that Steve.

They do look really comfortable.  

We had a super comfy sofa once and, when we talk about it, I get all wistful and say “That was a good napping couch.” Our current sofa is a pretty good napping couch which means it will be hard to get rid of when that sad day comes. 

Are the Maxwells allowed to take naps in the living room? I know Steve can’t fall asleep in front of the TV during Sunday afternoon football. Pity. 

• Upvote 8

23 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I know Steve can’t fall asleep in front of the TV during Sunday afternoon football. Pity. 

Do you think he misses it?  

I know he'd never admit that he was wrong or back off on his extreme beliefs. even if he had regret, but do you think he ever has quiet moments where he realizes he went too far and just wants to chill with a ballgame?  Or gets sick of caring what his daughters are wearing, or if his wife has a soda?

I save my pity for his victims, but honestly it has to be just freaking exhausting for Steve to live in his own head.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12

I hope Chelsy will reveal to us what John's present in a tree was.

A pizza cutter?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

Got Griselda Teri's latest Mom's Corner.  She is still praying over whether or not to buy merchandise.  This time it was a long sleeved shirt instead of a cellphone case.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 4

Oh my! Teri reduces her consumption of unnecessary clothes, one of the most polluting and exploitative industries!

climate change: cancelled!
planet: saved!

Oh wait nvm, someone else bought them for her.

• Upvote 6

Why would she disable comments on her mom's corner about contentment?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Because comments sow discontent within her.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14

On 1/6/2020 at 1:13 PM, fundiefan said:

Once again they imply they are the only ones who love their family and are close with each other. 

Such nasty, ignorant, bubble-dwellers they are. 

I spent Christmas Eve with the parents and all siblings (and their families) with the exception of one who lives out of state. What's more, I will spend an evening in a couple weeks with all my mom's (living) siblings/spouses, and their families as well as the families of the siblings not living. Basically, all my grandparent's decedents. Just as we have done every.single.year for as long as I can remember. 

Sorry, Maxwells, you do not have a monopoly on loving families who enjoy spending time together. What's more, at least when we all see each other we actually have loads to talk about since we don't all live within .9 miles of each other. Hell, I haven't seen two of my cousin's since we did a cousin's camping trip in August! Almost 5 whole months ago. 

They irk me beyond reason. Arrogant pricks. 

I have a very tight-knit family on my dad's side.  Many of my fundie friends told us they had never seen anything like it.  They never seemed to put two and two together and realize that they themselves had driven a wedge between themselves and grandparents, cousins, etc. because they were "too worldly and a bad influence."  The Maxwells probably think they have a uniquely close family because none of their children have rebelled and they are still close to GiGi.  I would be surprised if many of their followers had such conflict-free, all family members accounted for Christmases (and that's my most positive statement about the Maxwells for 2020).

• Upvote 11

19 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I hope Chelsy will reveal to us what John's present in a tree was.

A pizza cutter?

Where's the lettuce?  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I am not sure corners have comments, do they?

17 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Got Griselda Teri's latest Mom's Corner.  She is still praying over whether or not to buy merchandise.  This time it was a long sleeved shirt instead of a cellphone case.

Only Teri could turn a decision about buying t-shirts into a religious matter, and better yet, a lead in for discontentment with your husband/children. 

Here's a better way. Separate the purchase of clothing from your religious fanaticism.

Would you like a shirt or two? Can you afford a shirt or two? Well, look, they're on sale! Yes, let's get some new shirts. Or, no, I guess I don't really need them right now; I'll wait. 

So damn easy it's almost painful. 

Last week, Kohl's had bras on sale for $24.99 and under. I desperately needed some bras. But, new ones weren't really in the budget. While I had the money, I planned to use it elsewhere. But, bras are a huge expense and if I waited until I had "bra money" in the budget, they'd probably be $40 each or more. Plus, I had a $5 reward.

So, I bought three bras. It took me all of about 3 minutes to weigh my options and make a decision. I didn't need to pray, I didn't need to evaluate my heart/contentment, I didn't need to question my very existence. I did the only thing I needed to do - do I need bras? Can I afford bras? Is it better to buy now or wait? 

Boom, done. 

Life in Maxhell must be really freaking hard every. single. day. 

Edited by fundiefan
*sigh*
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

I think this is an example of what it means to be "free" of fundamentalism. Perhaps someone is still anti-LGBTQ, believes in gender roles, takes the Bible literally, is generally an abhorrent person -- but loosening the theological chains of always contemplating if the devil is influencing you and needing to pray about every little thing is a major step to being "free." Not teaching your children to think this way is a step towards them earning their own "Freedom" one day. 

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic