IGNORED

Mills Family 4: Playing Magic for Jesus

nelliebelle1197

I’m so confused by what has happened here haha, reading this it sounds like everyone is mostly in agreement and just nit picking about which parent was worse ? the chaos and confusion of the family is bleeding into our discussions about them!

• Upvote 16

10 hours ago, Gussie said:

So I quit.  Not sure how to cancel my membership, but I quit.  

Umm, okay?  I'm not a mod, but pretty sure there isn't any need to "quit" or "cancel your membership"?  This isn't a job, and Freejinger's just a corner of the internet- it's not your local gym or a Netflix subscription.  If you want out, just click the "x" in your top right hand corner, and go on about your day.  ?‍♀️ 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 3

Tom put up a video of Christmas yesterday as a premiere so there could be a live chat while viewing the video. He also did a random live chat late last night that lasted just short of 4 hours. I have only watched the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes of the almost 4 hour live.  Super fan Rachel was there till the end and it looks like she has some competition from another super fan. (Part of her online name is also the name of a poster I’ve noticed here not too long ago). I’ve noticed in the last few lives this one particular woman has been sucking up to Tom and flirting and being very obvious about how interested in Tom she is. Thomas was trying to “auction” Tom off to the highest bidder (in the Christmas live chat as a joke) and this woman was making it known she was bidding the highest and was very obvious about wanting it to be her that ended up with him. Rachel even bid an outrageous amount to end up with him. I just don’t get these women. Yes, it was “all in fun”, but how gross to be acting like this about a man who just lost his wife. But on the other hand he was just soaking it up. He was loving the attention. He said he was embarrassed but it sure didn’t seem so. And he didn’t shut it down. It was nice to see the kids open their presents and be excited about what they received. There were a couple times in the Christmas premiere chat where people commented something that wasn’t a popular opinion or question and the vultures went after them like crazy just for expressing what they thought. He said he would probably be going live again today as it helps him not be so lonely. Of course it helps. He has hundreds of women praising him and telling him how wonderful, awesome, perfect he is. What narcissist would stop that from happening. I just can’t with this guy. Ugh. (Yet I keep watching-it’s like a train wreck I just can’t seem to look away from even though it’s a horrible sight). 

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Added a thought and clarification
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

How completely vile that creepy Rachel Day - a married woman - thought it was okay to bid on Tom. I truly feel sorry for her husband. She is  humiliating him online. I wish someone had called her out on the fact she was married during the chat. (Hey, if Super Stalker #2 reads here, maybe she will get some ideas and then the live chats will get really interesting! Lol).

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Thomas was trying to “auction” Tom off to the highest bidder (in the Christmas live chat as a joke) and this woman was making it known she was bidding the highest and was very obvious about wanting it to be her that ended up with him. Rachel even bid an outrageous amount to end up with him. I just don’t get these women. Yes, it was “all in fun”, but how gross to be acting like this about a man who just lost his wife.  

During this auction thing, which was cute and lighthearted, I thought,  II did see one woman make a very touching "bid".  She said something like "I have only my heart to bid". I thought that was genuine and kind, so I do hope he pays attention to the ones who seem genuinely caring, and don't pay so much attention to the ones who are screaming his praises from the rooftops. 

During one of the streams he was talking about getting one of his daughters a bathing suit and he needed it in time for new years eve because they go to a hotel for that night. He was asking for help to locate one that would get to him on time. At one point a woman said she ordered one and it was on the way. His reply was "Thank you, that was really nice, I would reimburse you, but I know you would not allow me to do that" . That comment just didn't sit well with me. It seemed very manipulative, kind of creepy, like a person being controlling. Like he's telling her how she feels. At other times I have seem him use the power of suggestion or hinting to get something. IE:  "so and so needs a dress but I haven't had time to get one", etc. It seems so dishonest.  Sadly the You Tube channel has turned into The Mills Family charitable telethon.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Tom put up a video of Christmas yesterday as a premiere so there could be a live chat while viewing the video. He also did a random live chat late last night that lasted just short of 4 hours. I have only watched the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes of the almost 4 hour live.  Super fan Rachel was there till the end and it looks like she has some competition from another super fan. (Part of her online name is also the name of a poster I’ve noticed here not too long ago). I’ve noticed in the last few lives this one particular woman has been sucking up to Tom and flirting and being very obvious about how interested in Tom she is. Thomas was trying to “auction” Tom off to the highest bidder (in the Christmas live chat as a joke) and this woman was making it known she was bidding the highest and was very obvious about wanting it to be her that ended up with him. Rachel even bid an outrageous amount to end up with him. I just don’t get these women. Yes, it was “all in fun”, but how gross to be acting like this about a man who just lost his wife. But on the other hand he was just soaking it up. He was loving the attention. He said he was embarrassed but it sure didn’t seem so. And he didn’t shut it down. It was nice to see the kids open their presents and be excited about what they received. There were a couple times in the Christmas premiere chat where people commented something that wasn’t a popular opinion or question and the vultures went after them like crazy just for expressing what they thought. He said he would probably be going live again today as it helps him not be so lonely. Of course it helps. He has hundreds of women praising him and telling him how wonderful, awesome, perfect he is. What narcissist would stop that from happening. I just can’t with this guy. Ugh. (Yet I keep watching-it’s like a train wreck I just can’t seem to look away from even though it’s a horrible sight). 

Tom Mills is total garbage.    Self-serving, selfish, arrogant.    Narcissistic jerk.   Tom is living his best life......women chasing after his cocky azz, money rolling in, the older boys taking care of the children.   

His freakin’ heavy sighs as he talks about himself, all about him.   “I’m all alone, I’m lonely.   I don’t know how to cook, shop, take care of the kids, I work so hard, blah blah blah.”   Tom, shut up!

YouTube is his very own dating site, and money grubbing site.   He is so full of himself it’s hard to believe he hasn’t exploded.  

My hope is that the new  COPPA regs will take his channel-dating site down very soon.   He is disgusting!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, Gussie said:

don't think debating who was worse, Andrea or Tom, really achieves anything.  Do you? 

In the big scheme of life it I guess it doesn't, but we are on FJ where we have debated all sorts of things that haven't achieved one thing.  But I do think it is important to be realistic about Andrea and not paint her as some wonderful mother who led a dignified, simple life and was willing to sacrifice for her children. There is no real point in doing that and it can be harmful to downplay how bad these fundies are. She was shitty, Tom is shitty. They are both equally bad and Tom is just continuing on with what Andrea did. 

I am worried about crazy stalker Rachel. Tom and Andrea have lived for so long in their little delusional world where the only bad guys are liberals who disagree with them and people who agree with them are automatically the good guys, that Tom really might not have a clue that this situation with Rachel has all sorts of red flags that it can go bad fast. She is obsessed with Tom, wants him to be her husband and might just lose it when he finds someone new. Whatever new woman Tom gets is going to want to shove Rachel far, far away and I don't think she will accept that very well. Tom, please wise up and try to cut Rachel out of your lives, 

18 hours ago, Gussie said:

Oh never mind, Koala and Formergothardite.   

https://www.reddit.com/r/FailedMinions/comments/5yvq0k/free_jinger_staff_member_here/

Just googled "freejinger" forums.  Wanted to see why I was encountering unfair hostility here, more than once.  How was I pissing people off?  

Apparently you guys have a reputation for this.  

So I quit.  Not sure how to cancel my membership, but I quit.  

I really don't think I was being hostile. I'm sorry this upset you so much, it really wasn't personal. I just disagreed with how you were presenting Andrea as having lived a simple, dignified life where she sacrificed for her kids. And I think it is harmful to try and glorify someone and make them into something they weren't.   FJ isn't for everyone, This was a pretty mild debate and it will almost certainly be forgotten by next week. 

53 minutes ago, Olivia Marie said:

My hope is that the new  COPPA regs will take his channel-dating site down very soon.   He is disgusting!

I bet Tom thinks that because Andrea was able to avoid removing comments he will be able to avoid obeying COPPA, but they are really cracking down now. I really hope the entire channel gets shut down. I know he will just do FB lives but at least there won't be ad revenue. 

The new rules kick in next week, right? I am pretty sure sure he has no intentions of complying. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

(Yet I keep watching-it’s like a train wreck I just can’t seem to look away from even though it’s a horrible sight). 

I have to admit that I cant look away either!! It is like a slow moving train crash that it's about blowing up 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

@formergothardite    Yes, Tom absolutely thinks he and his pitiful channel are completely exempt from the new regs.   He has stated repeatedly that COPPA is blown way out of proportion.   He states that his channel is not for children, and that he does not make videos for children.    He states that COPPA should not affect his channel, and that he should be fine.  He believes he is Teflon Tom.    Pathetic piece of crap.   I hope his channel is one of the first to get slammed.  At least one of his venues to beg for money, love, and pity will be taken away.   I want to see him go down, wallowing in his own self-pity, greed and arrogance.    

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Olivia Marie said:

He states that his channel is not for children, and that he does not make videos for children.  

He is going to be in a world of surprise because no matter what he is telling himself, the videos on the channel attract children because they show children. I wonder if he gets in trouble if he will just pull all the videos and make the channel all him talking. I think if he does viewership will drop off because, because people like to see kids. It is kind of weird to think about how children's real lives are now a big part of entertainment, but without the kids I doubt his channel will make it long. Tom is boring. Andrea at least had a soothing voice going for her. 

I think the best thing is for these children to have their lives removed from the internet and the whole family fades into obscurity. Maybe if Tom gets in enough trouble that will happen. 

• Upvote 7

I dont really think they channel is for children though, i dont watch his livestreams because i find him extremely boring, but at least when Andrea did the videos it was clear that her target audience were adult women, the themes being about how to shop, clean or run a house. I doubt that a lot of children watch them, even if they have children on the videos. Personally i think the COPPA afecting all channels featuring children no matter the content its pretty stupid. I dont particularly care about the Mills channel anymore but it will affect and is already affecting other channels that i follow and i am not very happy about it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I am worried about crazy stalker Rachel. Tom and Andrea have lived for so long in their little delusional world where the only bad guys are liberals who disagree with them and people who agree with them are automatically the good guys, that Tom really might not have a clue that this situation with Rachel has all sorts of red flags that it can go bad fast. She is obsessed with Tom, wants him to be her husband and might just lose it when he finds someone new. Whatever new woman Tom gets is going to want to shove Rachel far, far away and I don't think she will accept that very well. Tom, please wise up and try to cut Rachel out of your lives

It's really sad. Of course I can't tell if she'd be a threat to the family, but just for herself the way she obsesses over the family and seems so publicly unhappy with her own husband is very sad for her.  Even if Tom ends up having no problems from her, she might go off the deep end if she loses his attention or he finds a new girlfriend :/

• Upvote 3

At the very least, if my husband were glued to his screen for four hours in a row instead of, say, noticing when I came home from work or taking out the laundry or answering my texts, I would be hurt. And if it turned out he was fawning over some woman for the entirety of that four hours? Sheesh.

• Upvote 11

15 hours ago, llucie said:

I dont really think they channel is for children though, i dont watch his livestreams because i find him extremely boring, but at least when Andrea did the videos it was clear that her target audience were adult women, the themes being about how to shop, clean or run a house.

I'm sure they aren't making them for kids, but these sorts of videos do attract children. I know from my nieces and nephews that kids adore watching videos that show children around the house and unwrapping gifts. So these sorts of videos, by nature will attract children. If Tom wants the channel to only target adults, he needs to remove all the videos that show children and keep the channel just him and Andrea talking. 

I'm really glad that COPPA is being enforced because it is going to make it way harder for parents to exploit their children on YouTube for money/fame. This is long overdue. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm sure they aren't making them for kids, but these sorts of videos do attract children. I know from my nieces and nephews that kids adore watching videos that show children around the house and unwrapping gifts. So these sorts of videos, by nature will attract children. If Tom wants the channel to only target adults, he needs to remove all the videos that show children and keep the channel just him and Andrea talking. 

I'm really glad that COPPA is being enforced because it is going to make it way harder for parents to exploit their children on YouTube for money/fame. This is long overdue. 

Sadly we all know that the big channels exploiting children will not be affected at all. Most of the bigger family vlogs didnt even get their comments turned off, it only affected small channels. And some of those channels afected were not even exploiting children at all: a channel about a singing tv show (it is ok to have it on tv but not youtube?) a channel raising awareness on illnesses, or channels about crafts are a few i have seen getting their comments deleted while channels known for exploiting children making all the videos about them with clickbait titles still have their comments intact.

And lets get real most of the money made by family channels is due to endorsements from brands, so they will still make a profit even if youtube would eventualy apply this to them too. It will mostly affect smaller channels even if they show their children briefly and they were not the main content from the channel with is really unfair.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On the last late night live that Tom did, he talked at one point about Andrea delivering Cyrus. He was quite graphic about the condition of Cyrus’ body when he was delivered. He also said there was video of Andrea when she was dying that he would never be showing. Geez-I can’t believe he shared as much as he did. I just don’t understand a lot of these Youtubers that overshare so much of their lives. There are just some times you need to put the camera down and be in the moment. Or if you must video, keep it for yourself in private. I know personally if my loved one was dying I wouldn’t be posting or video taping to share with the world. I might take photos for myself that would never be seen by anyone else, but I just can’t imagine doing it for the public. It just seems so disrespectful to me. Maybe I’m showing my age, but some things are just better left private, at least in my opinion. I’m sure others won’t agree with me and that’s ok, this is my opinion only.  I can only hope Tom doesn’t show Andreas decline any more than he already has. He did say that at one point when she could still talk that she said how proud of Judah she was. And of course Tom Said he wished she had told him she was proud of him and that he wished she had told him she thought he would be able to take care of the family after she was gone. But he said she didn’t ever really think she was going to die, even after the doctors told her she was going to. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, Mom2Bubby said:

On the last late night live that Tom did, he talked at one point about Andrea delivering Cyrus. He was quite graphic about the condition of Cyrus’ body when he was delivered. He also said there was video of Andrea when she was dying that he would never be showing. Geez-I can’t believe he shared as much as he did. I just don’t understand a lot of these Youtubers that overshare so much of their lives. There are just some times you need to put the camera down and be in the moment. Or if you must video, keep it for yourself in private. I know personally if my loved one was dying I wouldn’t be posting or video taping to share with the world. I might take photos for myself that would never be seen by anyone else, but I just can’t imagine doing it for the public. It just seems so disrespectful to me. Maybe I’m showing my age, but some things are just better left private, at least in my opinion. I’m sure others won’t agree with me and that’s ok, this is my opinion only.  I can only hope Tom doesn’t show Andreas decline any more than he already has. He did say that at one point when she could still talk that she said how proud of Judah she was. And of course Tom Said he wished she had told him she was proud of him and that he wished she had told him she thought he would be able to take care of the family after she was gone. But he said she didn’t ever really think she was going to die, even after the doctors told her she was going to. 

I understand filming a dying loved one as long as they're cognizant of it and mostly with it, but I dearly hope that in my final moments, my loved ones aren't filming me. I realize this is a cultural issue that's bigger than just Tom and Andrea, but it's ghoulish to be recording someone who isn't even present enough to realize they're being recorded. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I understand filming a dying loved one as long as they're cognizant of it and mostly with it, but I dearly hope that in my final moments, my loved ones aren't filming me. I realize this is a cultural issue that's bigger than just Tom and Andrea, but it's ghoulish to be recording someone who isn't even present enough to realize they're being recorded. 

My age is probably showing too, but I think people share way too much as it is.  I'm thinking of Lori Alexander and her husband's bad poetry.  My husband wrote some truly impressive love letters which I kept.  He's a very good writer, and they were beautiful letters, but they were meant for me to read not the Internet at large.  Not to mention, the Internet didn't exist when he actually wrote them by hand and mailed them to me :) .

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

My age is probably showing too, but I think people share way too much as it is.  I'm thinking of Lori Alexander and her husband's bad poetry.  My husband wrote some truly impressive love letters which I kept.  He's a very good writer, and they were beautiful letters, but they were meant for me to read not the Internet at large.  Not to mention, the Internet didn't exist when he actually wrote them by hand and mailed them to me :) .

We ran into this when my grandmother passed away. She had years (thanks to WWII) of beautiful love letters between her and her first husband, who died in the Battle of the Bulge. We ended up respectfully burning them; they were just too personal for my mother and I to feel comfortable reading them all and keeping them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

We ran into this when my grandmother passed away. She had years (thanks to WWII) of beautiful love letters between her and her first husband, who died in the Battle of the Bulge. We ended up respectfully burning them; they were just too personal for my mother and I to feel comfortable reading them all and keeping them. 

What a considerate thing to do.  Although the WW2 era fascinates me, and I would have been really curious to read their thoughts about the war and what it was like here at the time.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Ladies, I am reading your comments and went to try to listen to him talk about Cyrus birth and there was a comment from a woman that really chocked me… at the minute 26:46, at the chat comments, somebody said: "can we try to be intimate i know i can help relive some of that stress"...

I am chocked, how can women offer themselves that way to a men that just lost the love of his life just a few months ago?!?! He likes the attention but that is wayyyyy toooo much… "not a troll i am human as is tom lost my husband 9 months ago"

And then again, at the minute 29:54 the same person says: "intimate is more than sexual sorry if your mind is in the gutter"... 

And of course that the rest of his leg humpers noticed that person and started the attack, with torches in their hands (like witch hunting) saying: let's block her, she's a troll, etc... the usual..

Edited by Tekas_76
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 13

1 hour ago, Tekas_76 said:

Ladies, I am reading your comments and went ro try to listen to him talk about Cyrus birth and there was a comment from a woman that really chocked me… at the minute 26:46, the chat comments, somebody said: "can we try to be intimate i know i can help relive some of that stress"

I am chocked, how can women offer themselves that way to a men that just lost the love of his life just a few months ago?!?! He likes the attention but that is wayyyyy toooo much… "not a troll i am human as is tom lost my husband 9 months ago"

And then again, at the minute 29:54 the same person says: "intimate is more than sexual sorry if your mind is in the gutter"... 

And of course that the rest of his leg humpers noticed that person and started the attack and the fire, let's block her, she's a troll, etc... the usual..

I saw that commenter too. At first I thought it was just someone messing with him, but after she clarified she didn’t mean it in the way people were taking it, it made me wonder who would say/ do something like that. Crazy people out there. 

Ive been watching more of the video and someone asked if Andrea always wore skirts only. Tom said she used to wear pants but they decided it was more Modest for her to wear skirts because of the struggle men have -in particular of seeing things and being visual creatures and it’s a very big problem in our culture. First of all, what the hell. Women should wear skirts so men aren’t tempted? And second of all Andrea herself said she wore skirts because as she gained more weight it was just more comfortable than pants. Wish I had seen the live when it was happening, I would have had to comment on that. Idiot!

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

He did say that at one point when she could still talk that she said how proud of Judah she was. And of course Tom Said he wished she had told him she was proud of him and that he wished she had told him she thought he would be able to take care of the family after she was gone. But he said she didn’t ever really think she was going to die, even after the doctors told her she was going to. 

He seems to always be in competition.  I noticed in a lot of videos he more or less puts down things Andrea did.  Someone asked if he made the Hamburger balls that the grandfather made and he said he was going to make them. He added that Andrea didn't make them exactly like the grandfather and that he KNOWS he can get it exact. Another time someone said Andrea was the epitome of organization and that she was so good having nine kids and staying so calm. He replied Andrea only seemed to look organized, that she wasn't as organized as it appeared. It's like he can't let anyone else have a compliment or be praised.  It's odd because usually people who are grieving tend to put the lost loved on on a pedestal and they could do no wrong at all in their eyes. I'm wondering by his behavior and his wanting to move on so fast if their marriage wasn't all that much a paradise? I'm remembering a video called sad days where Andrea was SO hurt and was crying on video. It really did make me feel so bad for her. In it she said that a female friend has stopped by and spoke to TOM about her and "some things she was concerned about". Andrea was hurt that this person did this while she was out shopping for the family and this "friend" visited her husband while she was not there and talked about her behind her back. A lot of people commented why Tom allowed it to go on once she started saying things. Something in that video just made me feel so sorry for her becasue I know she really loved him and so many times when they disagreed on something she backed down and let told him he was right. I think she was codependent and needed much more self esteem. Just my thoughts. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

Even if she didn't mean that comment sexually, it still strikes me as inappropriate, given that she's a person he's never met and  apparently never even exchanged communication with on the Internet. :?

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic