IGNORED

Mills Family 4: Playing Magic for Jesus

nelliebelle1197

Andrea Mills, fundie YouTuber and homeschooler, died of cancer, leaving behind an ill-prepared husband and children stacked like cordwood. Husband Tom continues her YouTube channel, collecting gift cards from super fans, and continues to try to cope with the endless grief of his children as best he can:

\

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

By the time CPS does show up, intervention might BE warranted, especially if he's not cleaning the place up or feeding the kids anything else.

• Upvote 5

Live now.  OMG, WHY is Rachel Day still answering for Tom and Thomas!!??  Someone asked where Claudia was...she wrote within 15 seconds..."She's in bed."  How the f* would Rachel know that Claudia is in bed.  She is creepy AF.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

33 minutes ago, realist said:

Live now.  OMG, WHY is Rachel Day still answering for Tom and Thomas!!??  Someone asked where Claudia was...she wrote within 15 seconds..."She's in bed."  How the f* would Rachel know that Claudia is in bed.  She is creepy AF.

Agreed.   She is a slimy creeper.   Because Tom has allowed her to be his spokes-moron from the day Andrea passed away, I hope she stalks him forever.   

I tried to watch the Live Q and A, but I just cannot stomach that loser.   He coughs incessantly to make sure his harem thinks he has the worst cold of the century, and wiping his snotty nose with his hands   He disgusts me!

• Upvote 8

Hi! I've been lurking awhile. Great site, I also read other gossip sites.

I saw where people were discussing Tom saying "Hannah's terrible tooth ache". Please, don't call cps over that. Tom actually said "Hannah's terrible 2's stage". lol.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Olivia Marie said:

He coughs incessantly to make sure his harem thinks he has the worst cold of the century, and wiping his snotty nose with his hands   He disgusts me!

He said last night on the live that he went to the Dr. on Monday and got some meds.

Another breakthrough toward normalcy for Tom.

Then there's this. The youtubers were talking with Tom about how to get to heaven. ? ?? A woman was asking whether, if she got divorced she would still be OK in God's eyes. Tom basically told her no, and she needs to pray more about her marriage. What an ass!

There were more comments, but this one, from our beloved Rachel Day is what caught my attention:

"Rachel Day: divorce isn't wrong. the sin is marrying a divorced woman"

Perhaps she's planning to murder her husband, lol.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 20

12 hours ago, thesedays said:

By the time CPS does show up, intervention might BE warranted, especially if he's not cleaning the place up or feeding the kids anything else.

Please dial back the CPS talk.  What you do in your own time is none of our business, but we do not want CPS calls being planned, executed and discussed on FJ.

Also, note that there is absolutely nothing in this family that warrants a call other than your own disapproval of this family. CPS deals with horrible abuse and has limited resources. Don't waste a caseworker's time and limit the care a real victim will get with this nonsense.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 7

15 hours ago, thesedays said:

I think the kids do their chores every single day at the exact time that ALEXA tells them to!  ha!   I think the kids were doing most of the cleaning/daily vacuuming, etc. even when Andrea was alive........ 

12 hours ago, realist said:

I have to use EVERY SINGLE LAST bit of my willpower to not respond to Rachael Day and tell her off.  She can't take the hint.  I don't see Tom raving over her anymore - and they are very open about Thomas taking it all over - you would THINK she would quietly back off out of embarrassment!  No freaking way!!!  She's still all over it.  Ugh

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, justlooking said:

I think the kids do their chores every single day at the exact time that ALEXA tells them to!  ha!   I think the kids were doing most of the cleaning/daily vacuuming, etc. even when Andrea was alive........ 

Right. They are probably cleaning just like they did before. And it isn't like they always had a healthy diet and now they switched to crap. Andrea wasn't big on healthy food.

At least Tom might be open to doctors at some point. 

But this is hardly a case for CPS. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Right. They are probably cleaning just like they did before. And it isn't like they always had a healthy diet and now they switched to crap. Andrea wasn't big on healthy food.

At least Tom might be open to doctors at some point. 

But this is hardly a case for CPS. 

Totally agree!!!  

• Upvote 2

To clarify my earlier post about removing the children from the home, I didn't mean that they should be split up to go live with strangers.  I was thinking that they'd be better off for a time living with a relative while Tom and the children got some help.  I was thinking that the kids could go to a doctor and a dentist, and start counseling while Tom was also encouraged to access services that would help him be a better parent.  I didn't think about how difficult it would be for a relative to bring a bunch of grieving children into their home, even if they had the room.  They'd need help of their own to deal with the situation, and I don't know if there's anyone nearby who would be able to do it.

I haven't even watched any of the videos that have been posted, I've been getting all of my information right here.  I've heard of a man who didn't want all these children and in the past hasn't done much parenting with them.  Their mother seems to have had some sort of fantasy she was fulfilling, and in many ways was an attentive parent and worked hard to provide them with what she thought was the best life they could live.  But she also had some really bizarre ideas about doctors, dentists, education, and had some pretty controversial ideas about things that would make it more difficult for her children to interact with people of other races and religions.  As a result, she was under educating them and keeping them pretty isolated from the outside world.  

On the other hand, while there are no perfect parents, Andrea tried.  She had some good ideas, some bad ones, but didn't want to give up on having more children.  Tom seemed to be keeping his distance from the kids and fatherly life.  His hands off approach came back to bite him after Andrea died.

Now Tom sits in front of his computer and does live videos for the benefit of those who tune in.  He complains about how hard it is to lose his wife, while ignoring the pain of his children, and talks about how he'd like to get married again, apparently the sooner the better. 

A couple of his kids are losing weight and he doesn't notice.  He's annoyed that his four year old keeps asking about Mommy, telling her repeatedly that "She died!", not understanding that death is something that small children don't understand.  His youngest is cared for by one of the other kids, but that child isn't capable of being a real parent, so the baby is missing meals and fed candy until Tom demands that she be put to bed.  One of the kids takes her away and immediately returns, so you know the baby was put in her crib without a diaper change, being put in pajamas, or any kind of bedtime routine.  She's left to cry herself to sleep.  One of his kids has been suffering from a toothache, but has he tried to get her to a dentist?  Not that I'm aware of.

In the meantime, Tom is opening up packages from fans who send more candy, because Tom loves candy, gift cards, sometimes clothes for the children, and stuff that really doesn't help the kids.  They tell him he's the greatest father in the world, so Tom gets his ego stroked and doesn't see any need change anything.  Just keep sending those packages, gift cards, or donate to the go-fund-me.  He sees no reason to change anything, because he hasn't had so much positive attention from women since he first felt the first rush of excitement back when Andrea first fed his narcissism.

@nelliebelle1197, I most certainly disapprove of what's happening to the Mills children, but I don't think it's nonsense.  And I wasn't thinking about calling CSD, because the kids have relatives nearby who would be better able to ascertain if the authorities needed to be called in.  It's not a waste of time for people to care about what is happening to those kids.  But I understand your point, the people who are able to step in with the power of the State behind them have so many people who need help, and they have the unenviable task of trying to help the most desperate cases first.  I just wish that everyone could get help whenever they need it, but the Mills kids won't get that help unless their father asks for it, and I don't think he will.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Renee said:

He said last night on the live that he went to the Dr. on Monday and got some meds.

Another breakthrough toward normalcy for Tom.

Then there's this. The youtubers were talking with Tom about how to get to heaven. ? ?? A woman was asking whether, if she got divorced she would still be OK in God's eyes. Tom basically told her no, and she needs to pray more about her marriage. What an ass!

There were more comments, but this one, from our beloved Rachel Day is what caught my attention:

That's an interesting view that Rachel has on divorce.  I guess it's okay for a divorced guy to remarry or perhaps 'in special circumstances such as dear Tom.

I wanted to check to see if I could find out quickly if Tom was actually married before Andrea or just 'married'  in the common law kind of relationship. I couldn't find that and I didn't want to dig further but I did find this.

f9879c_e8c85c38b6b741ca9fe637585b9180d5~mv2_d_3229_2479_s_4_2.jpg

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Flossie said:

To clarify my earlier post about removing the children from the home, I didn't mean that they should be split up to go live with strangers.  I was thinking that they'd be better off for a time living with a relative while Tom and the children got some help.  I was thinking that the kids could go to a doctor and a dentist, and start counseling while Tom was also encouraged to access services that would help him be a better parent.  I didn't think about how difficult it would be for a relative to bring a bunch of grieving children into their home, even if they had the room.  They'd need help of their own to deal with the situation, and I don't know if there's anyone nearby who would be able to do it.

I haven't even watched any of the videos that have been posted, I've been getting all of my information right here.  I've heard of a man who didn't want all these children and in the past hasn't done much parenting with them.  Their mother seems to have had some sort of fantasy she was fulfilling, and in many ways was an attentive parent and worked hard to provide them with what she thought was the best life they could live.  But she also had some really bizarre ideas about doctors, dentists, education, and had some pretty controversial ideas about things that would make it more difficult for her children to interact with people of other races and religions.  As a result, she was under educating them and keeping them pretty isolated from the outside world.  

On the other hand, while there are no perfect parents, Andrea tried.  She had some good ideas, some bad ones, but didn't want to give up on having more children.  Tom seemed to be keeping his distance from the kids and fatherly life.  His hands off approach came back to bite him after Andrea died.

Now Tom sits in front of his computer and does live videos for the benefit of those who tune in.  He complains about how hard it is to lose his wife, while ignoring the pain of his children, and talks about how he'd like to get married again, apparently the sooner the better. 

A couple of his kids are losing weight and he doesn't notice.  He's annoyed that his four year old keeps asking about Mommy, telling her repeatedly that "She died!", not understanding that death is something that small children don't understand.  His youngest is cared for by one of the other kids, but that child isn't capable of being a real parent, so the baby is missing meals and fed candy until Tom demands that she be put to bed.  One of the kids takes her away and immediately returns, so you know the baby was put in her crib without a diaper change, being put in pajamas, or any kind of bedtime routine.  She's left to cry herself to sleep.  One of his kids has been suffering from a toothache, but has he tried to get her to a dentist?  Not that I'm aware of.

In the meantime, Tom is opening up packages from fans who send more candy, because Tom loves candy, gift cards, sometimes clothes for the children, and stuff that really doesn't help the kids.  They tell him he's the greatest father in the world, so Tom gets his ego stroked and doesn't see any need change anything.  Just keep sending those packages, gift cards, or donate to the go-fund-me.  He sees no reason to change anything, because he hasn't had so much positive attention from women since he first felt the first rush of excitement back when Andrea first fed his narcissism.

@nelliebelle1197, I most certainly disapprove of what's happening to the Mills children, but I don't think it's nonsense.  And I wasn't thinking about calling CSD, because the kids have relatives nearby who would be better able to ascertain if the authorities needed to be called in.  It's not a waste of time for people to care about what is happening to those kids.  But I understand your point, the people who are able to step in with the power of the State behind them have so many people who need help, and they have the unenviable task of trying to help the most desperate cases first.  I just wish that everyone could get help whenever they need it, but the Mills kids won't get that help unless their father asks for it, and I don't think he will.

Thank you. This is all so true -- it's not nonsense, those kids need help. No it is not a case of abuse and neglect where I think the kids could/should be forcibly removed. But it's nothing to make light of and they need help from those around them.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Tom mentions in the Three Months Later video that he went to a doctor for the illness he currently has.  He was prescribed cough medicine that he doesn't think is helping as well as prednisone.  So I think it bodes well that in the future the kids will be taken to the doctor when sick enough to warrant it (not every cold/cough like they had recently needs doctoring).

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I’m so confused...what sickness did any of their kids have that they didn’t take them to get checked out for before? I thought if any one of them was sick enough they took them to the doctor/hospital? I know that Andrea went to the hospital multiple times since Hannah’s birth, including right after Hannah’s birth. I’m not trying to start anything, I’m seriously asking. I haven’t followed them or this thread since the beginning. 

The whole divorce thing with Tom seems to be based on sexism. He seems to think it’s okay when a man initiates a divorce but not a woman. 

Edited by Justsum1twothree
Wanted to add my thoughts on the divorce topic
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

But, but, but Tom is divorced from his first wife. I'm so confused.....

We must remember that douche bag is a MAN, not a real man, but a man.  We must also remember that he is TOM.    DO AS HE SAYS, NOT AS HE DOES.  AZZ WIPE!

• Upvote 8

It is my understanding that none of the kids have really been to the doctor.  There might have been mention of an ER visit for one but I can't recall for sure.  I am referring to that if a kid has strep throat or an ear infection, or a cough that won't go away, or a sinus infection, they will be more likely to go to a doctor now than when Andrea was alive.  I do realize not all ear infections need meds but some things do - strep is miserable!   Antibiotics do help that. 

My understanding from having watched pretty much all of her videos was that they were of the mentality that they would use medical treatment for a major issues only - like a broken arm or if a kid got hit by a car or if stitches were needed after trying herbal remedies.  Things Dr. Andrea couldn't treat.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

I am referring to that if a kid has strep throat or an ear infection, or a cough that won't go away, or a sinus infection, they will be more likely to go to a doctor now than when Andrea was alive.  I do realize not all ear infections need meds but some things do - strep is miserable!   Antibiotics do help that. 

I am not sure what video, but I remember someone asked her what she would do about things that needed antibiotics. They gave pink eye as an example. Andrea responded that she could cure it with tea bags and that when they got sick she looked on the internet for natural remedies that other people said worked. 

I agree that now a kid with pink eye would be more likely to finally see a doctor than with Andrea. If I remember correctly Thomas was recommended for tubes to help with ear infections when he was little but she refused and she said the doctors were wrong and he didn't actually have ear infections. One of her other kids as a baby got RSV and she apparently let it go to the point where the urgent care doctor freaked out at how bad the baby was and immediately sent them to the hospital. Andrea felt like the doctor was too harsh on her, but admitted the baby had been too sick to really nurse over a weekend. The baby was given breathing treatments and kept over night for observation and Andrea made a huge deal about how that was such a waste of time and money and he would have been fine at home. 

She claimed she wasn't anti-doctor just would only use it for broken bones or if a child got very seriously sick. My impression is that she would let a child go a long time before she took them to a doctor. I don't think Tom is that extreme in his beliefs. I think she has only gotten antibiotics for the first two kids and the rest made suffer through her natural remedies. 

• Upvote 9
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2

4 hours ago, justlooking said:

I have to use EVERY SINGLE LAST bit of my willpower to not respond to Rachael Day and tell her off.  She can't take the hint.  I don't see Tom raving over her anymore - and they are very open about Thomas taking it all over - you would THINK she would quietly back off out of embarrassment!  No freaking way!!!  She's still all over it.  Ugh

That freakin’ Alexa is one of the worst things Tom has added.  It sounds like a Jim Jones compound in that cramped house.   Bible playing 24/7.   Alexa barking bedtime, chores,  blah blah blah.  

Tom would be as happy as a lark if Thomas were his only child.   He created and molded Thomas in his very own image.   Tom loved it last night with just two of them.   Thomas has had no choice   He has been programmed.    I do, however, pity whomever Thomas marries.   

I think the reason Tom continues to acknowledge Creeper Rachel is because he is afraid of her.     He is afraid to cut her loose.   He has a stalker on his hands, and she is not going anywhere.   

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Justsum1twothree said:

I’m so confused...what sickness did any of their kids have that they didn’t take them to get checked out for before? I thought if any one of them was sick enough they took them to the doctor/hospital? I know that Andrea went to the hospital multiple times since Hannah’s birth, including right after Hannah’s birth. I’m not trying to start anything, I’m seriously asking. I haven’t followed them or this thread since the beginning. 

The whole divorce thing with Tom seems to be based on sexism. He seems to think it’s okay when a man initiates a divorce but not a woman. 

The first few kids were vaccinated. Then Andrea started 'researching' and getting more into her natural remedies and came to the conclusion that 99% of things could be done at home with her herbs, natural/base ingredients and prayer.
Andrea followed someone's books very closely.  I'm sorry that I don't remember the author's name but maybe someone can help out here with that??  (ETA - I remember her mentioning Dave Ramsey a lot but I think that's more on the financial side of things)

With Hannah's post-birth ambulance call out, it was the bleeding that was the cause of her having to go to the hospital. She also broke a toe while stumbling around in the dark as to not wake Tom. Not that anything could be done for that but it just added to the whole saga of being weeks overdue, trying to go it alone and not having the space to even walk around safely. 

It's been discussed here before but there was a lot of issues going on with Andrea before she even got to the stage of going downhill very quickly. Lots of gastro-intestinal-bowel issues that she would use her home remedies on.  Not that it may have changed anything leading up to the gallstone issue that led to the cancer discovery but they had nothing to base any kind of search for.
Some of the kids have never been to a doctor as they have never broken bones that require casts, or similar to that. Even extreme fever was not enough for a doctor's check.  Thomas' face got bitten by a dog and even that wasn't enough to warrant a visit to ER or doctor's office.

As for the divorce thing, Tom's the kind of guy who believes women are there to serve and submit so to drive a divorse is to go against God's lore.

Edited by under siege
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, Renee said:

I remember reading one of Rachel Day's comments talking about her step son coming over, so it's possible she's married to someone who has been divorced as well.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

I watched the Tom and Thomas live, just fastwarding through the many religious bits.  Tom said he had lost 25 lbs in the last three months but he's not complaining.  He said he's nearly at his perfect weight.  Meanwhile, sitting next to him, Thomas has obviously put on even more weight.

Thomas showed how incredibly dull and incurious he is.  Twice, YouTube people asked him if he wanted to go to college.  Twice he simply said no.  He did briefly elaborate that the only reason he could see going to college would be if he wanted to be a doctor, and since that would never happen, why go?  I was shocked that he couldn't imagine any other livelihood other than doctors that needed college!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, louannems said:

Thomas showed how incredibly dull and incurious he is.  Twice, YouTube people asked him if he wanted to go to college.  Twice he simply said no.  He did briefly elaborate that the only reason he could see going to college would be if he wanted to be a doctor, and since that would never happen, why go?  I was shocked that he couldn't imagine any other livelihood other than doctors that needed college!

Welp, he's a kid, raised in an environment where higher education is strongly discouraged.  He just lost his mom 3 months ago, and he's living in a cracker box with his grieving siblings and pitiful excuse for a father.  To top it all off, his grief has been exploited so that said father can get attention from "The Youtube People" (who Tom seems to think are just like family).  

Perhaps interacting with complete strangers isn't his thing.  Perhaps he thinks it's none of their damn business.  Perhaps he is depressed because of his recent loss/current living situation.  Perhaps he shouldn't (at 17) be criticized for coming across as "dull" when he has a camera shoved in his face 24/7.  He doesn't owe those people a damn thing, and calling him "dull" and "incurious" is a shitty thing to do.  

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

I worry about Thomas.

Shortly after Andrea died, Tom was discussing how the children were doing. Eden was sad at times, and occasionally crying. Tom said, "Thomas is a rock!".

I worry about the 17 year old, who just lost his mother, who is lauded as "being a rock".  It implicitly encourages him to deny any feelings that don't align with that role. 

He's really a great kid, and very responsible. There was a sweet moment in one video when someone brought Hannah into the room after she woke up, and Thomas made a point to say, "Hi Hannah!" the way you would greet someone if they walked through your front door. I would forgive him if he ignored her because she's his little sister who is always around, but he acknowledged her presence. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic