IGNORED

Mills Family 4: Playing Magic for Jesus

nelliebelle1197

My mum died when I was a kid, and what my brother and I wanted most was attention from our dad, not presents from strangers. 

I can’t say anything else about the Mills family situation, because it breaks my heart.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 15

6 hours ago, Nothankyou said:

In the latest viewer mail opening, we see first hand why sending kids a constant stream of packages is maybe not the best for them (who'd of thought?). They bicker who gets to open what. Almost nothing is for the boys, leaving them quiet and somber. Any thank yous are forced through Tom. Tom comments that maybe he doesn't like what this is doing to them. No shit sherlock.  Maybe he can use some of his Mensa powers to realize that exploiting his kids grief and constantly  grifting on youtube isnt good for anyone.  I'm sure I'm wrong though. No one here is as smart as Tom ?

Exactly. It's what Andrea never wanted...she never wanted her kids to be superficial and materialistic, and now they are fighting over who gets to open what and who got more than someone else. He's creating a monster there. It's so obvious that SOP----A is his favorite, he even said it one night that she is daddy's little girl, that she adores him and he said it right in front of the others.  One night during the live he was getting upset with CLA-----A . He was getting angry with her and he explained that she never agrees with anything he says and that whatever he says to her she will say the opposite. Then he asked her a question and she agreed and he said "oh figures she made a liar out of me" lol   I mean really??? You are getting upset with a toddler becasue she is "being difficult"?  He can't even stand to have one of his kids disagree with him. That's what toddlers do! I feel CL----A  sometimes misbehaves in order to GET attention. She surely feels his  favor to SOP____A  Last night he was losing patience with her again but then he was kissing her and putting on a show for the camera. I feel his affection a lot of times is forced for the camera. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, Tekas_76 said:

Will he keep the account open forever? It looks like that's what he desires, free easy money for Tom, that's his dream life.

If he changed the wording on his GFM what would he put? That all the medical bills were paid by his health insurance and or written off by the hospital? That he paid off his mortgage? That he's receiving so many "gifts" that he donates some.  That three months after his wife died he was wanting to  "find a mother for his kids". 

Why doesn't he use the money to hire a home school tutor and or child care? He doesn't need to stay home with them 24/7.  There has to be some retired woman in the town that might like to be there as a sort of nanny a few hours each day. The two older boys are there to watch over things.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Sloth said:

One of the tea sets the sender said Eden will need to help, Eden's face, poor girl must be so fed up with having to be responsible for the younger girls :( 

Something definitely seemed off with the boys (and also Eden), even Solly was way more quiet than he usually would be on a live! Didn't help that most of the gifts were for the girls though and Sophia and Claudia now seem to be very expectant and less grateful for gifts.

I keep wondering where they are putting all this stuff? What kids need THREE tea sets, I get that they were for different ages but still, just pick the middle one and send that or just send the metal one!

I'm quite worried about Justus (well all of them really), he gets ignored even more than Eden does which is saying something, he seems to be struggling lately :( 

They get way too much stuff and the house is way too small to contain it all.  How many red dresses did the senders send for the girls' Christmas, and they only wore one set on Christmas Eve and I never saw them wear the others.  They were too fancy and looked itchy as well.

Tom has admitted a few times that although he appreciates everything, a lot gets donated to charity.  And yet people keep sending things.

When Tom had his months long cough,  someone sent him a case of Fisherman's cough drops.  On his next Walmart haul, Tom bought cheap cough drops, saying he only tried the Fisherman's ones one time and didn't like the taste.  I'm sure he threw the rest of the huge case in the trash.

So often when Tom sees what people send, his facial expressions say "WTF" while he very politely thanks them.

So I believe most ends up in the trash or gets donated, to who exactly, I wonder, since Andrea had said there are no thrift shops nearby.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 2

23 minutes ago, louannems said:

So I believe most ends up in the trash or gets donated, to who exactly, I wonder, since Andrea had said there are no thrift shops nearby.

There's probably something near the Walmart in Gillette.

• I Agree 2

I don't have the time to look for it but in an old video (or two) Andrea showed them loading up stuff to donate.  I think it was taken to Gillette but it could have been another nearby town.  Also one time I think they went to an old school (I thought in Moorcroft) that was set up with used items for sale.  Maybe it was a fundraiser. I know she bought a few things.  I think she talked about donating to that.  She didn't donate much kids clothing because it generally got too worn out by the time the kids were done with it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, louannems said:

When Tom had his months long cough,  someone sent him a case of Fisherman's cough drops.  On his next Walmart haul, Tom bought cheap cough drops, saying he only tried the Fisherman's ones one time and didn't like the taste.  I'm sure he threw the rest of the huge case in the trash.

So often when Tom sees what people send, his facial expressions say "WTF" while he very politely thanks them.

I had no idea people were sending him cough drops! LOL Maybe it was meant to be a joke??  I think he's getting sick of the videos and gift openings, it surely is showing in the quality of the videos and the obvious atmosphere. I'm almost betting it's interfering with his time with a new person and he feels agitated by it now. 

I honestly don't believe that he takes the time to donate anything. He probably just gives it away to family or friends. He hasn't bought a headstone for Andrea, he hasn't visited Grandma Fern, he hasn't shown any trips to the library, or any birthday videos. The two older boys birthdays came and went and he showed nothing. Know why? Because he does NOTHING to show!  He's not willing to keep up the channel but he's willing to reap the rewards of it by uploading token videos here and there to keep people roped in.   He keeps saying he's a Godly man, but Godly men aren't greedy and don't manipulate others for personal gain. I thought he was all about living simply and modestly. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Tom just did a live dinner video. Most of the kids ate and took off for downstairs to play computer games. Their cousin Camden was there. Thomas was working. Sounded almost like either Tom is reading here or some Of his viewers are. Some of the same things we have discussed were brought up by his viewers. Of course he has an answer for everything. 

Edited by Mom2Bubby
Spelling
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 1/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, Aoife said:

Cheryl, I know your pain.

Many years ago, I worked with an annoying  individual who believed she never made mistakes because "I'm a member of Mensa and that shouldn't happen". Yes, she really said that, often. Never mind that we were all graduates in a very competitive field. To shut her up, a bunch of us took the tests. Several of us passed. We didn't join Mensa, but we brought our results letters to work. Next time the idiot bragged, out came the letters. Priceless!

Fast forward to today. My cognitive impairment diagnosis stems from cancer, and I hate it like I hate the disease. Like you, I'm able to recognise that there are holes in my mind. I don't remember where the gaps are, so I rediscover them every time. I can join a conversation knowing I have an interesting contribution to make and suddenly,... nothing. It's soul destroying. 

I wish you all the best in dealing with your condition. You sound like a brave and determined lady.

I’m so sorry you deal with this as well - it’s so hard! That’s so awesome what you all did with that person! ? really- there are smart people everywhere - it’s not uncommon! thank you for your kind words. I wish you the best as well. 

Edited by CherylV
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

I think at this point that Tom needs to say something along the lines of they've appreciated all of the wonderful gifts but they have been given more than enough so he is requesting that people stop sending gifts. He should then discuss this decision with the children so they know that they shouldn't expect any more gifts. 

To begin with, I think Tom needs to do this because, as others here have stated, the constant stream of gifts is causing the  children, especially Sophia and Claudia, to become greedy and less thankful. I also think the longer this goes on the worse the effect will be when the stream of gifts eventually dries up on its own.

I also disagree with Tom's constant statements that it is OK that some of the children are given more gifts than others. It would be one thing if the gifts were roughly equal over time but as it is more than 75% of the gifts sent to specific children are for the girls.  I feel badly for the boys having to sit there as they watch their sisters get heaps of gifts. This is another reason why I think Tom needs to shut this down.

If Tom is, as I expect, not agreeable to cutting off the gifts completely I would encourage him to to ask viewers to at least limit gifts for the children to birthdays/Christmas only.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

15 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

It's so obvious that SOP----A is his favorite, he even said it one night that she is daddy's little girl, that she adores him and he said it right in front of the others.

It’s even worse whenever he says he loves how much Sophia looks like him ? she’s too cute to get that kind of comment...

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Been watching some of their older videos out of boredom. In case anyone is interested here are some things I saw/heard in the videos: 

Live dinner from 2018-Andrea said half of the kids were vaccinated and half were not. 

In this same video someone asked if they had ever taken any of the kids to the emergency room. Tom said there were only three times so far. Andrea said once when Asher was about two months old the dr at the clinic they took him to said he had rsv and needed to Go to the er. They took him and he had to Stay overnight in the hospital. She said it was the turning point for her in deciding not to do drs anymore, as they didn’t anything for him. Tom said it was absolutely unnecessary to have taken him because they did nothing for him. (Smh)

Someone asked what they thought of the Duggar family. They said they liked them. They said they used to watch them but they felt bad about all their drama.  Andrea said she felt sad for them. She remembers thinking this is one of the reasons she would never necessarily want to be on tv because You don’t get in that in that position for no reason-she thought its gonna end someday and gonna end badly-and it did. And it’s sad for them. (Her words) 

Someone asked what they thought of interracial marriages. Andrea said she had no opinion whatsoever on it  and it was completely irrelevant and Tom said he was fine with it. He said he thinks you tend to be totally attracted to your same race , but he didn’t know. He said there was nothing wrong it, it was fine. They said they had a friend who was from Jamaica who was married to someone from Ireland. And you couldn’t get much whiter than him. 

Someone asked about unassisted home births and why they chose that instead of a midwife or hospital. Tom said that women always used to have babies at Home and it wasn’t until they started having them in hospitals that infant mortality rates got higher. (Where does he come up either this nonsense?) Andrea  said she was always anxious about the birth, but whatever happened is Gods will. 

In a live dinner video from 2019 Tom put Hannah to bed in the girls Room. Andrea said they had taken the crib out of the girls room and put it in the attic. She started crying and said it had been in there for 17 years and it made her sad to take it out. She said maybe the grandkids could sleep in it someday. She said there comes that day that you know things are probably Coming to an end, and no matter how many kids you have, it’s sad. She said she was 40 years old so who knew if she’d have anymore. Tom took the camera Into the bedroom and showed what the bunk bed looked like that Hannah was sleeping in. They basically made a bumper to go around the outside of the bed so she can be in a regular twin bed but be safe.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

I saw only part of Tom's last live dinner. As usual he was agitated with Cl___-IA. She kept asking him for more yogurt and he kept telling her there wasn't any more. She said HE had some and he gave her a little of his but she continued to ask for more and he reminded her "It's Daddy's yogurt" At one point AS____R gave her his yogurt. Sad that one of the kids was willing to sacrifice ALL of their yogurt when he was not.  He always gets into these tug of wars with CL-----IA. She's extremely smart and that is why she challenges everything but he can't stand that, his ego wants children and a woman who go along with everything he says.

At 25 minutes in someone asked Tom if he was going to do a family portrait soon. He said "Oh, I have a feeling there's some family pictures in the future", as he looks straight at the camera with this weird grin on his face. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 6
  • WTF 2

16 minutes ago, Itsjustme said:

I saw only part of Tom's last live dinner. As usual he was agitated with Cl___-IA. She kept asking him for more yogurt and he kept telling her there wasn't any more. She said HE had some and he gave her a little of his but she continued to ask for more and he reminded her "It's Daddy's yogurt" At one point AS____R gave her his yogurt. Sad that one of the kids was willing to sacrifice ALL of their yogurt when he was not.  He always gets into these tug of wars with CL-----IA. She's extremely smart and that is why she challenges everything but he can't stand that, his ego wants children and a woman who go along with everything he says.

At 25 minutes in someone asked Tom if he was going to do a family portrait soon. He said "Oh, I have a feeling there's some family pictures in the future", as he looks straight at the camera with this weird grin on his face. 

And he had a full-and I mean full-plate of chicken alfredo and ate all but a little bit. Then someone had the nerve to say, oh Tom, you must not still be eating well, you didn’t finish your dinner. All while Claudia and Sophia had what looked like barely a tablespoon of it on their plates and were asking for something more to eat. I know in my house there is plenty to eat and I always make sure my kid is fed before I even get mY food. That’s what parents are supposed to do. From past live dinners even when Andrea was alive there never seemed to be leftovers and a lot of times the kids would ask for more and there never would be. And their diets were horrible. 

I think either someone has donated their services for a family portrait or he’s going to have an updated one done with the “new mommy” that we all know is coming. I know he has said he is hoping God brings him someone to spend his life with and be a mommy to his kids. So what if God says no? He answers all prayers but sometimes the answer is no. Right? Those kids have a mommy-and she’s dead. They are not just going to forget about her 4 months after she’s gone and let someone come into that house and just pick up where Andrea left off. Especially the older ones. Yes, I’m sure step moms can be wonderful, but I just don’t see Tom going about this the way that would be the most beneficial for the kids. His main focus right now should be taking care of this children the best he can and his needs should not even be of concern right now. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

What kind of woman is going to find Tom attractive, want to be a step mom to a herd of kids,and live in that tiny, over crowded house in the literal middle of nowhere?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

He is a Narcissistic azz wipe!    That will never change.  Hopefully someday karma will bite him in his arrogant cocky azz.   

Edited by Olivia Marie
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

And he had a full-and I mean full-plate of chicken alfredo and ate all but a little bit. Then someone had the nerve to say, oh Tom, you must not still be eating well, you didn’t finish your dinner. All while Claudia and Sophia had what looked like barely a tablespoon of it on their plates and were asking for something more to eat. I know in my house there is plenty to eat and I always make sure my kid is fed before I even get mY food. That’s what parents are supposed to do. From past live dinners even when Andrea was alive there never seemed to be leftovers and a lot of times the kids would ask for more and there never would be. And their diets were horrible. 

I think either someone has donated their services for a family portrait or he’s going to have an updated one done with the “new mommy” that we all know is coming. I know he has said he is hoping God brings him someone to spend his life with and be a mommy to his kids. So what if God says no? He answers all prayers but sometimes the answer is no. Right? Those kids have a mommy-and she’s dead. They are not just going to forget about her 4 months after she’s gone and let someone come into that house and just pick up where Andrea left off. Especially the older ones. Yes, I’m sure step moms can be wonderful, but I just don’t see Tom going about this the way that would be the most beneficial for the kids. His main focus right now should be taking care of this children the best he can and his needs should not even be of concern right now. 

I've noticed for years, in the live dinners, that the little kids only get served a couple tablespoons of dinner, and NEVER a vegetable or salad. Even still, the little kids rarely ate even that little bit. On pizza night, most of the kids don't even eat the pizza; they fill up on Tom's homemade bread sticks, and they were fine with that.

With all the sugar and processed junk this family has shown us that they eat over the years, I don't think the kids are ever actually hungry at dinnertime. They don't eat like hungry kids should.  The boys eat and baby Hanna always ate but Solomon and the little girls barely touched their food.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Itsjustme said:

Yes! I'm glad someone else noticed that! That, to me, was creepy & very telling. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

I sat through the entire live dinner, only so I could see how the kids are doing.  Yes, Claudia begged for Tom's yogurt, after she finished her own.  The yogurt was for dipping apple slices into, and that's all Claudia would eat.  She never took a single bite of chicken Alfredo.  There was plenty of dinner; Tom offered Camden, the cousin, more but he declined.  Hanna had seconds of chicken Alfredo.  Tom eventually did give Claudia a bit of his yogurt, which she ate then begged for more.  Asher gave her his, only because he didn't want it.

Tom did get Claudia to eat one tiny nibble of noodle.

I hate to stand up for Tom, because my heart breaks for the way he puts those little girls to bed (or total lack of a bedtime routine), but he is not withholding food from the those kids.  Claudia chose to not eat her entree.

He made the chicken Alfredo from Andrea's recipe, which makes a hug pot full.

Hanna is saying lots of words and Claudia is talking real well.  Sophia has improved a lot.

Eden sounded drugged everytime she monotoned out a sentence. But she was very helpful towards her sisters.

I almost threw up watching Tom eat his huge forkfuls of pasta, chewed once, then swallowed down with a huge gulp of milk.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I've noticed twice now, that when Tom makes Chicken Alfredo, the chicken is cooked and served separately from the noodles in cheese sauce. The kids reach into the bowl of chicken, grab a handful, and then serve themselves the cheesy noodles from the pan of noodles, using a serving spoon.

I'm grossed out by the children grabbing handfuls of chicken, but maybe it's not too different than grabbing chips with your hands? Sanity check, please....

For what it's worth, it looks like grilled chicken, not breaded chicken fingers, or some other type of finger food.

I only watched bits and pieces of the live dinner. During the times I watched, Claudia didn't stop talking/interrupting once. Tom gave her his yogurt several times, and Asher gave her his. She still kept talking nonstop, asking for more. My point? I don't know, but I found it annoying. She *did* have a point when Tom kept telling her that there was no more yogurt and she kept pointing to his big bowl, and telling him there was more yogurt in his bowl. Technically, she was correct. The fact that Tom kept telling her that was *his* yogurt didn't register with her. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

So I’m confused. During the last bible study when the whole baptism thing came up, Tom acted like he didn’t believe in baptism. He said he didn’t want to talk about what he believed as far as baptism because he felt he would lose a lot of viewers.  In an old live dinner video from April 2018, someone asked if they believed in baptism. They (Tom and Andrea) said none of the kids were baptized but they might do that soon. They said they had been taking about it. Andrea said that last year(2017) Tom Baptized some of their friends in their (Tom and Andreas) backyard pool. Someone asked if he was a minister and He said he’s not a minister but he is the head of the house and does the teachings and the people didn’t want a government person to do it. So they asked him to do it. I wonder what changed between that live and now to not want Tom to talk directly about what he thinks about Baptism because it will put people off. In the old video they seemed to be very open about it and didn’t seem to have a problem taking about it. Way different than he seems to be now on the subject. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Someone asked if he was a minister and He said he’s not a minister but he is the head of the house and does the teachings and the people didn’t want a government person to do it.

What "government person" does baptisms?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

For what it's worth, it looks like grilled chicken, not breaded chicken fingers, or some other type of finger food.

She still kept talking nonstop, asking for more. My point? I don't know, but I found it annoying. She *did* have a point when Tom kept telling her that there was no more yogurt and she kept pointing to his big bowl, and telling him there was more yogurt in his bowl. Technically, she was correct. The fact that Tom kept telling her that was *his* yogurt didn't register with her. 

I'm pretty sure I have seen him buy those bags of frozen Purdue chicken, already made stuff. I think he buys the Breaded Chicken Breast Tenders. 

As for CL____IA She's four. That's what they do, they continuously talk and beg for attention or want something. They don't know yet about manners, they can be very self centered at that age.She very often says Me, me, let me do that, let me have that, etc etc.  It's completely normal.  Every kid goes through that stage. Tom just never saw it with the other kids becasue he wasn't there 24/7 with them.  When you parent you learn to handle it, they aren't doing it to annoy anyone, they do it becasue that's where they are in development. Kids are exhausting from the age of 2-6. Some are a little easier some are a little harder.  Maybe he should get a parenting book so he can LEARN about child development and not be "annoyed" by normal child growth.   Perhaps read about it online such as below article

Article https://www.cbsnews.com/news/when-do-children-stop-being-selfish/

Edited by Itsjustme
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic