IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 21: This Thread Can Drink Now

choralcrusader8613

On 2/17/2020 at 2:47 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Albert also ended up getting leukemia while trying to get in med school. Or was he already in med school??

I think that might have been how he developed the morphine addiction.  In any event, poor Albert couldn't catch a break.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I think that might have been how he developed the morphine addiction.  In any event, poor Albert couldn't catch a break.  

The morphine addiction came first. At the end of that episode there was a voice over with Laura saying he later returned to Walnut Grove as a doctor, etc. Then I guess the idea came up that they'd give him leukemia because in that episode they didn't kill him off but basically said he was a goner. 

• Upvote 2

I liked Little House on the Prairie at first but found myself rolling my eyes a lot during the later seasons. Poor Carrie and Grace were never given any lines since the Ingallses kept adding more kids to the family! I was glad they gave Mary her fictional Adam. 

Edited by Markie
Made an error
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Markie said:

I liked Little House on the Prairie at first but found myself rolling my eyes a lot during the later seasons. Poor Carrie and Grace were never given any lines since the Ingallses kept adding more kids to the family! I was glad they gave Mary her fictional Adam. Apparently she lived with her parents until she died and then Ma passed away soon afterwards. 

Something unpleasant about LIW I read in Pioneer girl...in letters back and forth to Rose she complained that Carrie asked her for help in Mary's support and also for any cast off clothing Laura was no longer wearing.  Laura was irritated by the requests but felt she couldn't refuse since Mary had had a stroke visiting Carrie so Carrie ended up being Mary's caretaker until she passed.

You have old clothes you aren't using, but begrudge sending them to your sister who is single handledly caring for your other sister.  This was a time when the Wilders were much better off than Carrie...so shut up Laura and pack a damn box, will you?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

From all I gather Laura was not a particularly easy person to get along with not especially warm or loving .Hard living and her mothers constant suppression and aloofness saw to that. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

From all I gather Laura was not a particularly easy person to get along with not especially warm or loving .Hard living and her mothers constant suppression and aloofness saw to that. 

Rose also seemed very difficult to like, at least for me.  Which makes sense given her upbringing.  As the mother of a daughter and if we had that type of relationship...the distance and coldness on both sides would break my heart.

• Upvote 3

Anna's younger sister Susanna (Kellers are just as original with names as the Duggars, clearly), got married last weekend. Anna has just posted some photos on her Instagram.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, amster said:

Anna's younger sister Susanna (Kellers are just as original with names as the Duggars, clearly), got married last weekend. Anna has just posted some photos on her Instagram.

She actually married last September. They had a ceremony for her family (and maybe his,as well?). It sounds like they eloped.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Strapless dress and everything. She looks like the odd duck out. 

I was snooping a little, how didn't I know that the Kellers went to Africa to visit Esther. So much WTF when I looked at pictures.

• Upvote 3

On 2/24/2020 at 6:32 PM, OyToTheVey said:

Strapless dress and everything. She looks like the odd duck out. 

She also has a 7 year old daughter from a previous relationship, apparently. odd duck out, indeed. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/20/2020 at 1:12 AM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I want to see the gown! Where are there pictures?

There was one of her in the gown posted in the JRod threads - I believe it was in the first of the Fiery Trials one.

• Thank You 1

54 minutes ago, viii said:

She also has a 7 year old daughter from a previous relationship, apparently. odd duck out, indeed. 

Odd but lucky duck, if we’re honest. Sure, she must have been shamed when she became pregnant, but at this point in her life, I think Susanna is the luckiest of her siblings. 

She isn’t

... married to a molester and cheater like Anna.

... mothering a growing quiver with a guy her parents picked for her like Priscilla.

... stuck in Africa with an insane husband and too many children like Esther. 

... marrying into the hellish Rodrigues family like Nathan.

... still stuck at home like her youngest brother. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Odd but lucky duck, if we’re honest. Sure, she must have been shamed when she became pregnant, but at this point in her life, I think Susanna is the luckiest of her siblings. 

She isn’t

... mothering a growing quiver with a guy her parents picked for her like Priscilla.

Flicking through her instagram she does indeed (on the social media surface), seem to  have the best life. It is a bit sad because she looks so like Anna, it's easy to see how much "potential" Anna could have to be "normal" also Noelle is like M1 and when I see Noelle all in normal clothes and starting school it makes me said at how much more potential she will have than her cousin.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

There’s a video of York and Noelle dancing, with Davia (I think) watching very intently from the side. It was very sweet, but I couldn’t help compare the two and what Davia et al will be missing out on.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Skeptic55 said:

There’s a video of York and Noelle dancing, with Davia (I think) watching very intently from the side. It was very sweet, but I couldn’t help compare the two and what Davia et al will be missing out on.

I saw that too, and when they called for all fathers to come out to the dance floor with their daughters, Davia appeared to look around for her Dad. Sad...

• Sad 15

Did the Daily Mail coin "sex pest" re: Josh ? That's one of the best things they've ever done.

(I use that nickname.)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Just now, AliceInFundyland said:

Did the Daily Mail coin "sex pest" re: Josh ? That's one of the best things they've ever done.

(I use that nickname.)

I think so. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

So Josh is welcome at the TTH, but Jill needs permission to visit. Hmm.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Sex Pest Duggar. Never thought I would write that sentence but the Daily Mail nailed it!

sex pest duggar.JPG

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Sex Pest Duggar. Never thought I would write that sentence but the Daily Mail nailed it!

Josh is her best friend?  I wonder what her other friends are like.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

It will never go away. 
I hope they talk to their kids. Unless they never get on the net. This is what they will see 

I imagine they'll tell their kids something like: turd made some mistakes, but he prayed to jesus and was forgiven. The ebil liberals just won't let it go because they hate christians. 

Edited by TuringMachine
so many typos
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I imagine they'll tell their kids something like: turd made some mistakes, but he played to jesus and was forgive. The ebil liberals just won't let it go because they hate christians. 

I’m sure it will be something like that. I just hope that they don’t repeat JB’s assertion that his behaviour is somehow normal or common for Christian families- but Anna seems so Duggarised and Josh seems a self serving lazy oaf so they probably will. Those poor children.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I imagine they'll tell their kids something like: turd made some mistakes, but he played to jesus and was forgive. The ebil liberals just won't let it go because they hate christians. 

It's so true and so scaring. The "forgive and forget" apparently worked (I don't believe it, but let's imagine Jill and Jessa were sincere in the interview). But now Duggars have a bunch of teenager sons and future teenagers grandsons and the message they are receiving is that molesting is not a big deal and that is an usual situation!!! It's so wrong!!!

(Maybe behind closed doors JB and Michele are more sincere and serious when adressing the issue with the young kids. I hope so, but I doubt it).

On 2/26/2020 at 11:18 PM, FluffySnowball said:

She isn’t

While I agree overall, the youngest brother is young (18 years old maybe?), so living at home is normal.

And regarding Priscilla, I don't envy her life, but maybe she likes having all those kids. She can afford them and David is involved. So maybe she's happy. 

Susanna is lucky because she has a sister who helped her: gave her a home and financial and emotional support. Susanna seemed a bit lost and I'm not sure she was able to live by herself. In addition, her parents were supportive (that's why so many Kellers have left fundamentalism so easily. It's far more difficult when you face losing your family).

• Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic