IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 21: This Thread Can Drink Now

choralcrusader8613

Poor Anna looks so different. A billion kids and a horrible husband/in laws has really taken a toll on her. She looks like a person who has been beaten down by life and is ready to give up. And I know she will never seek help, just smile and keep sweet through it.

• I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, OGEmoji said:

Poor Anna looks so different. A billion kids and a horrible husband/in laws has really taken a toll on her. She looks like a person who has been beaten down by life and is ready to give up. And I know she will never seek help, just smile and keep sweet through it.

I’m not so sure. She grew up in a very modest home with parents who had similar horrible beliefs. She is now being fed and housed in the Duggar mansion, never short of trips & vacations for her family and an army of online supporters who think she is a ‘godly’ wife. Plus she knows her in laws have to maintain this as if she decides to tell all they’re in deep trouble. I think Anna thinks her life is just fine.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

I’m not so sure. She grew up in a very modest home with parents who had similar horrible beliefs. She is now being fed and housed in the Duggar mansion, never short of trips & vacations for her family and an army of online supporters who think she is a ‘godly’ wife. Plus she knows her in laws have to maintain this as if she decides to tell all they’re in deep trouble. I think Anna thinks her life is just fine.

I agree with you in general, but I don’t think Josh and Anna live in the “big house,” as Jessa calls it. Did we ever figure out where they moved to after they sold the Siloam Springs house? Are they in the guest warehouse?

Also, while heading off the tell-all is part of Jim Bob’s motivation, I doubt it’s ever crossed Anna’s mind.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Anna has family who have left the cult- plus she’s been featured in People etc- I’m sure there’s someone who’d whisper in her ear about a tell all if things weren’t suiting her. 

• I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

While I agree overall, the youngest brother is young (18 years old maybe?), so living at home is normal.

And regarding Priscilla, I don't envy her life, but maybe she likes having all those kids. She can afford them and David is involved. So maybe she's happy. 

Agreed! Your point regarding the youngest Keller brother is correct. I think what I meant was that living in an RV with Ma and Pa Keller just doesn’t sound fun at all. So I don’t envy the guy!

in regards to Priscilla, you very well might be right, too. Social media can be deceiving, but Pris does seem content. Once again, though, I reckon she’s happy in a cage. 

To be honest, I hope they all are happy... Anna with Josh, David and Priscilla, the whole bunch. Being aware of their bleak, oppressed lives and not leaving would be worse. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I agree with you in general, but I don’t think Josh and Anna live in the “big house,” as Jessa calls it. Did we ever figure out where they moved to after they sold the Siloam Springs house? Are they in the guest warehouse?

Also, while heading off the tell-all is part of Jim Bob’s motivation, I doubt it’s ever crossed Anna’s mind.

I’d also like to know where they are living. From the pictures recently posted of Josh’s birthday, the place looks pretty nice. Did anyone else see those photos on IG? I don’t think they were in the TTH, but maybe they were.

31 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

To be honest, I hope they all are happy... Anna with Josh, David and Priscilla, the whole bunch. Being aware of their bleak, oppressed lives and not leaving would be worse. 

I think Anna knows. At least, she knows her husband is far worse than others. They may pretend Josh's sins are normal and once he repents, he's saved. But the truth arises. None of the other Duggar sons or sons-in-law are molestors! They don't cheat her wives. They don't have to resign, go to a cult-jail, and hide from the public eye. 

I think Anna is scared of leaving him. She would feel extremely guilty for religious reaso s. And she probably believes that she's doing right. 

BUT I also think Anna is very stuborn and proud. She's making an effort to show that her life is great no matter what. The godlier wife. In a passive agressive way, she's saying: "my husband is garbage, but I'm better than the others. Others would leave, but I stay and have more kids. I'm a true Christian".

I don't think money is the main reason for her to stay. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Yes they've been living in the guest warehouse. I took a glance over at Anna's IG and it looks to me like that's still where they are.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Did anyone else see those photos on IG? I don’t think they were in the TTH, but maybe they were.

They look like the TTH to me.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

While I agree overall, the youngest brother is young (18 years old maybe?), so living at home is normal.

He's 22.  Living at home is still normal.

6 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Yes they've been living in the guest warehouse. I took a glance over at Anna's IG and it looks to me like that's still where they are.

Have we talked about how horrific this is for the kids?  JB and M can say what they want, but housing the M kids in a windowless garage that makes the Rods garome look like a McMansion says everything about what they think about their eldest son.

Fuck you, Anna for considering this an acceptable childhood for your children.

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

You hope she's happy having baby after baby with a child molester?  Not me, I hope the gravity of her selfish choices dawn on her and she doesn't have a peaceful moment for the rest of her life.

I agree on Pris, though.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 7

@Melissa1977 - I agree with you. I think a lot of Christians like to take the approach that they suffer in this life for the rewards and glory in heaven. Anna might consider this to be her tribulation but she will have a crown of jewels for it in heaven. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It may have crossed joshleys mind though. He is a grown man totally under his father's thumb. JB must have realised this. Anna will get what Anna wants me thinks.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Have we talked about how horrific this is for the kids?  JB and M can say what they want, but housing the M kids in a windowless garage that makes the Rods garome look like a McMansion says everything about what they think about their eldest son.

Fuck you, Anna for considering this an acceptable childhood for your children.

I'm ashamed to say I hadn't really thought of it like that. Not that you're wrong, no you're absolutely right. I think I've been spending too much time in poopistan. That place has a way of really lowering your standards for what's acceptable housing for children.

Did we ever figure out why turdanna moved out of the Siloam Springs house? The real estate pictures looked pretty nice. Was it money? Or did JB want them closer to his control?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Or did JB want them closer to his control?

I think it's this.  Of course I don't know, but I have a feeling Josh isn't as reformed as they claim and it's both punishment and to keep him on a short leash.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Josh has now nationally humiliated JB as an adult. He helped lead to 19 kids and Counting being canceled which is the real unforgivable sin. There is no forgive and forget with this one, for at least another decade. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You hope she's happy having baby after baby with a child molester?  Not me, I hope the gravity of her selfish choices dawn on her and she doesn't have a peaceful moment for the rest of her life.

Well, no... of course I don’t. I feel really torn about the whole situation. I despise Anna for staying and allowing her children to grow up in such circumstances. Then, I think of how victimized Anna was since infancy, how she was pressured or forced into sharing a room with the Duggar sisters after the Josh scandal and I can’t bring myself to outright hate her. Let’s say it like this: It’s a horrible situation for the little Ms and if Anna were a responsible mother, she’d overcome her fears and issues and break away - away from her marriage, the Duggars, and the cult. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think it's this.  Of course I don't know, but I have a feeling Josh isn't as reformed as they claim and it's both punishment and to keep him on a short leash.

I agree and Josh has always appeared bone idle to me- he seemed to be one of the loudest advocates of ‘Duggar Time’ . Now he’s lost the money from FRC and any hope of a life in politics and his car lot seems to have sunk, I think JB keeps him close by so he can put him to work when needed. The children can be educated with the younger Duggars ( by Professor Ben!) and Anna can be sneaked on to Counting On filming too. 

I didn’t think they necessarily lived in the Duggar house but they seem to be there a lot. I know Anna has a couple of paid partnerships but she and the children always looked well dressed (better than the Duggar younger ones) and there seems to be plenty of trips and activities so somebody is throwing money their way.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I’d also like to know where they are living. From the pictures recently posted of Josh’s birthday, the place looks pretty nice. Did anyone else see those photos on IG? I don’t think they were in the TTH, but maybe they were.

The birthday pictures and videos Anna posted on her Instagram seem to have been taken in Michelle and Jim Bob’s house. 

• Upvote 2

Jim Bob lapped it up when Josh was working with the FRC and living in Washington and running in Republican circles and he never thought that Josh would be exposed when it did, the irony is that if they had reported it when it happened his records would have been sealed. The rumours were already on the internet and all it took was a freedom of information request to get the information leaked. I have always thought Josh's comments on gay people and Michelle's robbocall about trans people is what lead to the abuse story being leaked. Calling gay and trans people perverts and indicating that they could abuse children if allowed to use female bathrooms, when you or your son has sexually abused minors wasn't going to go down well. 

Anna I think stays with him because she still loves him and while I'm sure finding out he cheated would have left her both angry and heartbroken, maybe at the time a thought did run through her head to leave but as soon as it entered she also thought about her beliefs, and I don't think she wanted to be a divorced single mum and I don't see her leaving Josh anytime soon even if he cheats again. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic