IGNORED

More Wilkes/Neely engagements

Mari2

There’s no better way to keep three of your daughters under your control than choosing three brothers from a family that thinks exactly like you. Well except for keeping them at home until you die. Like Steve Maxwell.

• Upvote 5

On 3/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok I know this sounds stupid and trivial, but I probably would have gone with 3 different colors that look really nice together. I’m not saying red, yellow, and blue don’t look nice together. But they are primary colors and can look rather juvenile all together at once. I do like their idea of making each wedding a little different. That way they get their own wedding and individuality. Even if it’s in a small way. But I probably would have chosen different colors. Like emerald green, champagne/gold, and a pale dusty pink. 

Well they’re kept juvenile in this way of raising them... is this really what these women wanted for their wedding days? Wow. Share it with two other couples... idk - just have a spectacle of it all... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

Well they’re kept juvenile in this way of raising them... is this really what these women wanted for their wedding days? Wow. Share it with two other couples... idk - just have a spectacle of it all... 

It’s sad how quiet and meek they were the entire time. The guys showed some personality and the girls all just stood there and smiled. They sang with the group. But that’s it. I saw zero personality out of any of them. It was kind of creepy to be honest.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s sad how quiet and meek they were the entire time. The guys showed some personality and the girls all just stood there and smiled. They sang with the group. But that’s it. I saw zero personality out of any of them. It was kind of creepy to be honest.

Gotta say that Jordan and Victoria's first kiss made me cringe.  They looked the most awkward together IMHO.

Yes, it was all a bit creepy wasn't it.

I've only got round to watching half of it so far, but have seen Mr and Mrs Frazer ( she's got the white head square on just in front of the camera )

The Staddon family are at the far left hand side as you look at the stage - I can see Mrs, Donald and James, also Michael and Elizabeth at the end of the row. Elisabeth has a brown headsquare on. There's a few others I'm guessing at

1 minute ago, petrushka said:

Gotta say that Jordan and Victoria's first kiss made me cringe.  They looked the most awkward together IMHO.

The Neely girls have known their Wilkes grooms for many years. They are probably more comfortable together than Victoria and Jordan. 

Well, the third wedding has more emotion than both the other two put together-  "Adam darling, my beloved...."

"I will walk in love with you.."  and they actually hugged each other tight after the kiss!

• Upvote 1

Dammit. I have to wait until I get home tonight because we can't watch Youtube at work. I want to see this fiasco for myself! 

35 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Well, the third wedding has more emotion than both the other two put together-  "Adam darling, my beloved...."

"I will walk in love with you.."  and they actually hugged each other tight after the kiss!

And they are the youngest couple. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. 

did the first couple even kiss? if yes I missed it.

Victoria looks truly heartbroken after the ceremony, not like a radiant happy bride.

I can't imagine having zero input on who I have to marry. It just makes me shudder. And then you have to live with that guy, have sex with him as often as he wants and pretty much jump when heh says so...just YUCK

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And to be honest, the dresses weren’t bad at all. The second wedding dress (Victoria) looked like it might have been her mother’s dress because it was dated. But the first and third dresses looked new and were not overly modified to be modest. 

I agree with this! I liked the buttons on the back of the first one. And I liked the bodice on the last  dress, though I didn't care for the skirt on that dress. The middle dress did look dated, but if it was meaningful to her then I can't snark on that. Overall the dresses were much better than some of the others I have seen. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Victoria looks truly heartbroken after the ceremony, not like a radiant happy bride.

I can't imagine having zero input on who I have to marry. It just makes me shudder. And then you have to live with that guy, have sex with him as often as he wants and pretty much jump when heh says so...just YUCK

I agree that Victoria didn’t look happy. Hopefully it has nothing to do with the groom. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, petrushka said:

Oof, that was painful. The expectation that your first kiss should be public is so cruel to these kids. (I don't know how old they are, but Victoria in particular looks so young)

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Oof, that was painful. The expectation that your first kiss should be public is so cruel to these kids. (I don't know how old they are, but Victoria in particular looks so young)

The girls went oldest to youngest in the wedding lineup. Susanna (the third wedding) is only around 20. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

Only Susanna and Adam looked genuinely in love.

That's why Patrick Neely made the joke about Amanda and Matthew's arranged marriage. He was implying that by comparison, there's no question whether Susanna likes her groom.

As someone mentioned, Jessica and Daniel were set up a decade ago. Also according to his father, Daniel came to him 6-7 years ago about Jessica but had to "wait patiently" and "suffer long" before marrying her. Jessica is 28 - it sounds like she finally gave in after so many years of being pursued. However she is smiling widely during the ceremony and probably happy to be married at last - her life purpose finally coming to fruition.

Jordan met the family less than a year ago and it sounds like Papa Neely cherry-picked him for Victoria. Jordan was invited to their home for a weekend, officially for fishing, unofficially to check out a different kind of catch. When he left, one of the brothers astutely noted "He didn't even bring a pole!" The audience thinks this is funny, I find it disgusting. So they started courting without knowing each other at all, but Daddy gave his blessing so Victoria didn't have much choice in the matter. You can't blame her for looking reserved and hesitant on her wedding day.

On another note, I watched the whole thing at 1.5 speed and still feel like everyone's talking/singing slow. It's a miracle the audience stayed awake for that long.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Imagine trying to divorce a husband when two of your sisters are married to two of his brothers. It’s already hard enough to divorce in fundie land. But add that on top of it all and it’s nearly impossible!

• Upvote 6

I liked all the singing; that was a nice touch.

Those awkward kisses were so cringe worthy! The poor guy who tried to create a privacy shield with his hands to kiss his wife in private.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Imagine trying to divorce a husband when two of your sisters are married to two of his brothers. It’s already hard enough to divorce in fundie land. But add that on top of it all and it’s nearly impossible!

I know it's a completely different situation, but that puts yet another perspective on the S'morton divorce. Katie is amazingly brave. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Just now, albireo said:

I know it's a completely different situation, but that puts yet another perspective on the S'morton divorce. Katie is amazingly brave. 

And it’s a big reason why Kressant and Rachel cut off their parents. How do you still keep up a relationship with your parents when they are supportive of their brother who harmed so many of their Morton family members? They had to pick a side because of what their parents did. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

On 3/3/2020 at 12:05 PM, hollyandivy said:

I watched the first part twice and did NOT see the first couple kiss...

• I Agree 3

I am 100% ok with fundies having their first kiss privately after the ceremony. Actually I tend to prefer it for their sake.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am100% ok with fundies having their first kiss privately after the ceremony. Actually I tend to prefer it for their sake.

Oh, I'm totally ok with that also. I know I wouldn't have wanted my first kiss ever to be in front of a crowd. I had kissed my husband hundreds of times before our wedding, in public and in front of most of our family and friends but it still felt awkward as hell being stared at on an alter. 

• Upvote 4

I admit that I think the bridesmaid dresses are nice. They seem to actually fit the women wearing them. And the style looks great on all body types. But I do agree that there’s just a bit too much black for my taste. Black tuxes, black dresses and then all the dark parts of the background kind of make the people in black fade into the background.

So do we think Victoria was pushed to get engaged and married sooner than she would have liked so they could have a triple wedding? I’m thinking that is a real possibility. 

• Upvote 2