IGNORED

More Wilkes/Neely engagements

Mari2

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

So are there any more possible Neely-Wilkes matches in the future? 

Correcting my own info: I think there may be 2 sons and 2 daughters left in the Wilkes family. The Neelys still have the five youngest children at home. 3 daughters and 2 sons.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

So next time the'll have a quadruple wedding?

Unfortunately the ages don’t match up. The youngest Neelys are quite a bit younger than the youngest Wilkeses. But I do think there’s one more match that’s possible. The youngest Wilkes boy could fall in love with one of the middle Neely daughters. Like Lauren. 

• I Agree 1

All black, how appropriate for so many deaths:

female autonomy (haha, who am I kidding, thinking they had any up til the funerals weddings); virginity; dreams for any kind of professional career; ownership of one’s own body (“The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband.Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife.“)

Im probably missing some. I’m a little loopy today.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Unfortunately the ages don’t match up. The youngest Neelys are quite a bit younger than the youngest Wilkeses. But I do think there’s one more match that’s possible. The youngest Wilkes boy could fall in love with one of the middle Neely daughters. Like Lauren. 

Do we think it's necessary to fall in love?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Do we think it's necessary to fall in love?

WE do, I am however not too sure about Mr. Neely

Edited by hollyandivy
spelling
  • Upvote 4

I've always wondered why some fundies even bother to pretend that the style of courtship they're pushing is anything other than an arranged marriage.   On the one hand, these couples are usually set up by outsiders and are often strategic and some of these couples have know of each other for 5 minutes before they're married and procreating.  On the other hand, they seem to expect all of the sentimentality of a love match.  I'm sure that most of these fundie maidens are just entirely in love with the idea of being in love. It's so bizarre to me. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

On 11/9/2019 at 7:30 AM, Four is Enough said:

What is a FEW conference?

and...Idly sitting here wondering how much DNA double first cousins share, as compared to half siblings, and regular first cousins.

It's apparently enough that some states that allow first cousins to marry do not allow double first cousins to marry.

7 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

It's apparently enough that some states that allow first cousins to marry do not allow double first cousins to marry.

I think it’s kind of pointless not to allow 1st cousins to marry. Because if you look at who is marrying their cousins, the Amish for instance, they often aren’t marrying their first cousin anyway. It’s usually a second, third, or fourth cousin. And the problem is marrying cousins over and over again. That’s why the Amish have so many problems with genetic disorders in their communities. Not because they marry first cousins, but because they are constantly marrying cousins for generations. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Double 1st cousins are genetically half-siblings, so I can see why they wouldn't be allowed to marry in some states. 

I thought it was weird they did the full processional 3 times, just changing flowers each time. Seems like they could have saved money on the flowers or gotten nicer bouquets, plus saved time. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Agreed. It was really odd and pointless to see the bridal party process in and back out three times. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moreorlessnu said:

Agreed. It was really odd and pointless to see the bridal party process in and back out three times. 

I think Jordan’s party was different from the Wilkes boys though. But the Willy weddings were the same it seemed.

On 3/5/2020 at 10:34 PM, uber frau said:

I've always wondered why some fundies even bother to pretend that the style of courtship they're pushing is anything other than an arranged marriage.   On the one hand, these couples are usually set up by outsiders and are often strategic and some of these couples have know of each other for 5 minutes before they're married and procreating.  On the other hand, they seem to expect all of the sentimentality of a love match.  I'm sure that most of these fundie maidens are just entirely in love with the idea of being in love. It's so bizarre to me. 

To me, I think it is because they don't know any better. I know that sounds like a lame ass excuse, but I don't think the children of fundie families like the Wilkes and Neely's know that they have the option to choose what to do with their life if it doesn't include marriage or working in the family business. For example, the two married Wilkes men, Joshua and Matthew, both married and now work on the family farm. I did some googling a while ago and found out that Joshua, TECHNICALLY, works under dad as a real estate agent with ReMax. Here is the link for it: https://www.3generationteam.com/about-the-team/ 

Even as adults, the kids don't seem to have the freedom that others do. They are still under their parents thumb even after they are married, in my opinion. Kathryn married into the Staddon family and as a result relocated to Texas where Robert and Kendalyn are, along with David and Priscilla Waller to live near the IBLP compound. To me it is not as confusing as the parents are still somewhat controlling the kids to protect their reputation as good God fearing parents who raised their children right only to brag about them as they pop out kids. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Hope we get to see more photos of the weddings - I wonder if each couple had a cake to cut?

Jonathan Staddon's update for the month of February bemoans that it's been quiet ( he did manage to grow a small  beard though) and then he finally posts a small clip of the couples leaving the reception.

20200307_193058.jpg

7 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Hope we get to see more photos of the weddings - I wonder if each couple had a cake to cut?

Jonathan Staddon's update for the month of February bemoans that it's been quiet ( he did manage to grow a small  beard though) and then he finally posts a small clip of the couples leaving the reception.

20200307_193058.jpg

Well, this might be why they had to postpone the wedding. Jonathan Staddon seems to photograph many of the fundie weddings in this circle. He did the photos for Amanda and Matthew Wilkes and Daniel and Kathryn Staddon. He may offer them a reasonable price for having the photos be taken. After all, the Staddons are good friends with the Neelys and Wilkes. 

On 3/7/2020 at 9:43 PM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Well, this might be why they had to postpone the wedding. Jonathan Staddon seems to photograph many of the fundie weddings in this circle. He did the photos for Amanda and Matthew Wilkes and Daniel and Kathryn Staddon. He may offer them a reasonable price for having the photos be taken. After all, the Staddons are good friends with the Neelys and Wilkes. 

They didn’t postpone by much. Just a few weeks. We thought they postponed by months because they changed the date on their registries to May. I personally think they did it to fool us on FJ because I’m pretty sure no one else is following them much. They are so boring I can’t imagine anyone but FJ following them. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

On the topic of the triple wedding, but does anyone know if they have more photos or a video of the wedding posted any where?

• Upvote 1

So, while on quarantine I did find the blessed triple wedding. Here are somethings I liked and didn't like about it. Then individual weddings

Liked: The fact that each couple had their own color to separate them and the fact that each sister played a musical instrument to be involved in each others wedding. Also, the singing in between each session. Yes, I know a little controversial, but at least this was able to keep people entertained while waiting for the set up.

Didn't Like: Pa Neely giving sermons. He basically talked about his daughters like they were property and this was a transaction. Also, him bringing out the family history of each man the husband was wearing. Plus, not to mention the amount of baby talk. Yes, we know that each one is going to post a pregnancy announcement by the end of the year. 

Jessica and Daniel: I liked the fact that Jessica had no problem letting people know she has had the hots for him for some time. Their singing was the best out of the bunch when it came down to duets. For what it is worth, I liked Jessica's wedding dress the best of the three in the triple wedding. Also, Jessica has a really sweet voice which I found to be very new. Most of the faults for this wedding come from the dislike section with Pa Neely talking too much. I did think theirs was the best of the bunch.

Victoria and Jordan: Okay, where to begin with this. Jordan started off with talking about his brother wanting to put the announcement in the newspaper which would lead to a lot of publicity, which okay I get you want to keep it private. But if you want it that way then why post the video online. The next big issue I had with this union has to do with Pa Neely. Yes, he talked to much but then he started yelling while trotting out Jordan's family history. I didn't care for their singing too much. Plus, Victoria's dress looked a lot like the one my mother wore in 1986. Also, it looked like she just got up, did her hair and threw the veil in. Needless to say, this wasn't my favorite wedding.

Susanna and Adam: This one was okay. I think the dress Susanna wore was pretty from the front, but awful from the back. Their singing was okay, much better than Victoria and Jordan's. Also, the sermon Adam gave at the beginning made me feel very uneasy. I did like the singing as the bride and bridesmaids walked down the aisle. On another note, I didn't appreciate the fact that Pa Neely brought up Susanna asking him about Amanda really liking Matthew or if she was doing this for him. Lets face it, we all know Pa Neely picks the husband for the daughter. So, when he said she'll get used to it, not only did this prove true. But, it made my stomach turn. Plus, I did like the blue color scheme at the end.

Basically, the three weddings were as basic fundie as can be. The bridesmaids all wore black, like they did in Amanda and Matthew's wedding. At first glance it looks like the same, but at a second glance it doesn't. It may have been just a few wearing different dresses. But, Amanda and Matthew got married seven years ago, so between having families and growing up they might have needed new ones. 

Off the topic of the wedding, I have to say I think Lisa Wilkes (Josh's wife) mixing it up with her hair is really awesome. Plus I thought it was really cute that Josh Wilkes had no problem carrying the children down the aisle instead of plopping them off to Lisa when he had the chance. I really wish the Wilkes kept their blog up because from looking at them briefly Josh and Lisa Wilkes look genuinely happy out of all the couples up there.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

14 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Off the topic of the wedding, I have to say I think Lisa Wilkes (Josh's wife) mixing it up with her hair is really awesome. Plus I thought it was really cute that Josh Wilkes had no problem carrying the children down the aisle instead of plopping them off to Lisa when he had the chance. I really wish the Wilkes kept their blog up because from looking at them briefly Josh and Lisa Wilkes look genuinely happy out of all the couples up there.

What did she do with her hair? Back in the day when their blog was updated I used to envy her really, really long and thick hair. And yes, they did seem genuinely happy and kind of adorkable together. Of course they are fundie as hell, being Gothard followers and all, but they at least seemed to be truly into each other, plus I think Lisa is a little bit older and not probably going to pump out eleventy blessings. She must be in her late thirties now and they "only" have three or four kids, if I'm not totally wrong.

On Matthew and Amanda... I cannot pinpoint the exact reason why I never really thought she was that much into him. Yes, she smiled in her wedding pictures and looked like what a happy fundie bride is supposed to look, but somehow I was never convinced. Now I could be totally wrong and they are blissfully happy together (and for their sake I hope that's the case), but reading about Pa Neely's wedding speeches make me wonder if Amanda really was kind of coerced into this marriage. I always thought Pa Neely was really creepy and based on the triple wedding he truly is a piece of work. Now where's the vomiting emoji when you need one???

• Upvote 1

I can’t help but feel really sorry for the Neely girls. I am guessing they had no say in having a triple wedding. I also think that it’s possible one or more of the couples was pushed into a relationship and engagement before they were ready. Just so they could have a triple wedding. I bet their dad wanted to save money and time. Get them all married at once and out of the house. Even if the girls weren’t ready or didn’t want a triple wedding. Let’s just hope Pa Neely leaves the couple’s alone now that they are married and no longer inhis home. But I can’t help but doubt it. I just get this feeling he might be like JB or Steve Maxwell and can’t let them leave and Cleve completely. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

What did she do with her hair? Back in the day when their blog was updated I used to envy her really, really long and thick hair. And yes, they did seem genuinely happy and kind of adorkable together. Of course they are fundie as hell, being Gothard followers and all, but they at least seemed to be truly into each other, plus I think Lisa is a little bit older and not probably going to pump out eleventy blessings. She must be in her late thirties now and they "only" have three or four kids, if I'm not totally wrong.

On Matthew and Amanda... I cannot pinpoint the exact reason why I never really thought she was that much into him. Yes, she smiled in her wedding pictures and looked like what a happy fundie bride is supposed to look, but somehow I was never convinced. Now I could be totally wrong and they are blissfully happy together (and for their sake I hope that's the case), but reading about Pa Neely's wedding speeches make me wonder if Amanda really was kind of coerced into this marriage. I always thought Pa Neely was really creepy and based on the triple wedding he truly is a piece of work. Now where's the vomiting emoji when you need one???

Lisa is switching it up a bit. She has added bangs and it looked like she had cut some of it off. Admittedly, it was in curls, it was shoulder length from the view that I had. Even though they are fundie as hell, Josh and Lisa really seem genuinely happy. While up on the stage Josh was primarily holding their, I'm assuming, new daughter. Also, I noticed he was keeping the kids in check when walking down the aisle instead of leaving it all to Lisa. Basically, what I am trying to say, it looks like Josh isn't leaving all of the child rearing to Lisa, like most fundies, and is making sure she has downtime. 

Amanda's story was pretty much boring. Her story was, basically, Kathryn's the only difference being she knew Matthew a lot longer and, in my opinion, really did seem into him. The part where Pa Neely did bring it up does make me think there was some coercion for Amanda. Pa Neely really came off as creepy during the triple wedding the way he talked. Like I said during Susanna's wedding he brought up Susanna questioning whether Amanda really loved Matthew or if she was marrying him to please him. Remember Pa Neely sent all of his daughters future suitors a questionnaire. He did it with Matthew Wilkes and Daniel Staddon when they showed interest in courting Amanda and Kathryn respectively. It wouldn't surprise me if he did the same with Adam and Daniel Wilkes and Jordan Smith. 

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t help but feel really sorry for the Neely girls. I am guessing they had no say in having a triple wedding. I also think that it’s possible one or more of the couples was pushed into a relationship and engagement before they were ready. Just so they could have a triple wedding. I bet their dad wanted to save money and time. Get them all married at once and out of the house. Even if the girls weren’t ready or didn’t want a triple wedding. Let’s just hope Pa Neely leaves the couple’s alone now that they are married and no longer inhis home. But I can’t help but doubt it. I just get this feeling he might be like JB or Steve Maxwell and can’t let them leave and Cleve completely. 

The only Neely girl whom I don't feel bad for is Jessica. Admittedly, she could have vetoed the idea of having a triple wedding with her sisters. But, Pa Neely did say that Jessica had been praying for Daniel Wilkes to be her husband for a few years. Heck, at least one daughter married a man whom she genuinely likes, well loves, rather than deal with Dad's ultimatum. Lets face it Jessica, most likely, had the most say in who she was marrying out of her siblings. 

In fact I wonder if Kathryn and Amanda resent her a little bit for that. While I do think Amanda really did like Matthew, Kathryn definitely did not like Daniel. Jessica, as far as we know, married the man of her dreams. Kathryn did not. Amanda maybe.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

I would have cropped this picture. It looks like he has to pee or he’s trying to cover up his “excitement” at seeing her for the first time. 

B591C0CC-4FDD-4E51-BEAA-3B646860A2F9.jpeg

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2